+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 10 Thoughts Week 9 - Still Proud of My Huskers

asshat BoBigRed has a gigantic e-peen. BoBigRed has a gigantic e-peen. BoBigRed has a gigantic e-peen. BoBigRed has a gigantic e-peen. BoBigRed has a gigantic e-peen. BoBigRed has a gigantic e-peen. BoBigRed has a gigantic e-peen. BoBigRed has a gigantic e-peen. BoBigRed has a gigantic e-peen. BoBigRed has a gigantic e-peen. BoBigRed has a gigantic e-peen. BoBigRed's Avatar
    Fuck you forever Pelini. Win lose or tie, Huskers till I die. Win every day.

10 Thoughts Week 9 - Still Proud of My Huskers

Tough loss, great game. Didn't win the game and losing sucks, but that looked like a program I used to recognize. More on that in a moment.

1. The best game of the night though was in Tallahassee. Another chapter in one of the great rivalries in our sport. These two teams left it all on the field and gave us a great game. As for Deshaun Watson? Clutch. That was some sort of clutch drive, in Doak, with the crowd going crazy. It's really fun watching both Watson and Jackson play. The heroics of both those men reminded us why that game three weeks ago was such a great game to watch.

2. That said, Jimbo Fisher needs to put away the salt. I'm not going to cry about the non call on Westerkamp in the Husker game but if I can't then neither can Jimbo about the refereeing in his game. Every team in America has had calls go against them, so he just needs to go on to next week. It's not like they were going to the playoff anyways.

3. So, like I said, losing sucks. But that kind of loss, I can absolutely live with. Two years after that nightmarish 400 yard game by Melvin Gordon, and with the peanut gallery of experts like Cowherd shouting at Nebraska, they went back to Madtown and went toe to toe with the Badgers. Losses are going to happen, but those are the kind of losses I can live with. That Nebraska team looked a little like a program I used to recognize.

The 90s are going to never fully come back, ever. I honestly doubt whether Nebraska will ever win another national championship again. But they went toe to toe, against a really good team, and were a play or two from winning the game.

With Ohio State coming up next week, Nebraska absolutely needs a Northwestern win over Wisconsin in Evanston, which I think can happen. Northwestern went toe to toe with OSU themselves. If Northwestern beats the Badgers, even if the Huskers lose in Columbus they still control their destiny to make it to Indy.

4. Chad Kelly is a really good quarterback; the problem for Ole Miss is they don't play any defense whatsoever. That's not going to work against the better teams in the SEC, or any legit conference for that matter. I'm not surprised Auburn scored 40; I'm a little surprised they didn't score 60.

5. Michigan gets over the hump this year against MSU, who has suffered six straight losses now. Very abnormal year in East Lansing. I'm sure Dino will get his program off the mat at some point, but for now, the Bunyan Trophy goes to Ann Arbor.

6. I was impressed with the Utes even in a defeat. Once they established Joe Williams and really got going with the running game, they went toe to toe with UW. One special teams play beat them but if they beat the Buffs they may get another shot at UW.

7. Notre Dame and Miami...somebody had to win that game, right? Four straight losses for the Canes now. Haven't recovered from that Badgley missed PAT.

8. Bad day for the Big 12's playoff hopes, although very good wins especially for Texas. Charlie Strong needed that win...in the worst way. That was a win that I did not expect them to get. With the games they have coming up, 7-5 seems doable, with the only loss coming against WVU.

Big 12 is probably out of any sort of playoff contention now.

9. Maybe now everyone will finally shut the hell up about how good Tennessee is. Haven't won since they entered College Station. Will they go 9-3...they should with the powder puffs they have coming up, maybe, but they just lost to South Carolina.

10. Undefeated Boise State lost in Laramie last night to a team Nebraska beat. Hats off to former Husker Craig Bohl who appears to have things going on in Laramie now. That was probably the second best team Nebraska's played this year to this point. Wyoming still has tough games left with Utah State who can sometimes be sneaky with upsets, a big showdown with San Diego State and a dangerous trip to Albuquerque, but Bohl clearly has them going in the right direction.

As for the top 4, I think we all know who those are.

Week 9 in the books....
    Last edited by BoBigRed; 10-30-2016 at 01:37 PM.

very nice as usual.....

Thanks!

My favorite stats re: Auburn and Ole Miss:

1) The Rebs have led or been tied at half time of every game this year. Their record is 3-5.

2) Chad Kelly became the 8th QB to pass for more than 400 yards in a game against Auburn. Auburn is 8-0 in these games.

well you just gave our secret away....

Glad that Georgia got rid of Mark Richt so they could start winning big.

asshat BoBigRed has a gigantic e-peen. BoBigRed has a gigantic e-peen. BoBigRed has a gigantic e-peen. BoBigRed has a gigantic e-peen. BoBigRed has a gigantic e-peen. BoBigRed has a gigantic e-peen. BoBigRed has a gigantic e-peen. BoBigRed has a gigantic e-peen. BoBigRed has a gigantic e-peen. BoBigRed has a gigantic e-peen. BoBigRed has a gigantic e-peen. BoBigRed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Escriva View Post
    My favorite stats re: Auburn and Ole Miss:

1) The Rebs have led or been tied at half time of every game this year. Their record is 3-5.
    That is a great stat. Speaks in part to the lack of leadership on Ole Miss this year

asshat CheeseWeasel Definitely Shaggy upper class CheeseWeasel Definitely Shaggy upper class CheeseWeasel Definitely Shaggy upper class CheeseWeasel Definitely Shaggy upper class CheeseWeasel Definitely Shaggy upper class CheeseWeasel Definitely Shaggy upper class CheeseWeasel Definitely Shaggy upper class CheeseWeasel Definitely Shaggy upper class CheeseWeasel Definitely Shaggy upper class CheeseWeasel Definitely Shaggy upper class CheeseWeasel Definitely Shaggy upper class CheeseWeasel's Avatar
    9. Maybe now everyone will finally shut the hell up about how good Tennessee is. Haven't won since they entered College Station. Will they go 9-3...they should with the powder puffs they have coming up, maybe, but they just lost to South Carolina.
    Typical SEC year. Bunch of average teams beat up on each other but all manage to stay in the top 20 due to strength of schedule?

asshat TXSG8R might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSG8R might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSG8R might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSG8R might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSG8R might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSG8R might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSG8R might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSG8R might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSG8R might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSG8R might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSG8R might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSG8R's Avatar
    Jalen Hurd announced he is transferring out of TN. I think that's like the 3rd or 4th guy to announce that this season. Butch Jones has to be gone after this year, right?

Quote Originally Posted by TXSG8R View Post
    Jalen Hurd announced he is transferring out of TN. I think that's like the 3rd or 4th guy to announce that this season. Butch Jones has to be gone after this year, right?
    I saw that. I'm not sure he gets fired though. Would be tough to can him at 9-3 when, and this is key, they've been improving every year

asshat Wally Pryor Shaggy Gold Club Wally Pryor Shaggy Gold Club Wally Pryor Shaggy Gold Club Wally Pryor Shaggy Gold Club Wally Pryor Shaggy Gold Club Wally Pryor Shaggy Gold Club Wally Pryor Shaggy Gold Club Wally Pryor Shaggy Gold Club Wally Pryor Shaggy Gold Club Wally Pryor Shaggy Gold Club Wally Pryor Shaggy Gold Club Wally Pryor's Avatar
    I'm not sure how Wisco won that game. All the momentum and the Wisco QB disarray was on NU's side. Nothing to be ashamed of, at all, from NU's angle.....Agree on Watson's play late in the game. He was just nails.... Michigan is a good team but would / will be rolled by Alabama. Speight would have all sorts of happy feet and get turned over, and over.

asshat TXSG8R might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSG8R might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSG8R might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSG8R might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSG8R might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSG8R might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSG8R might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSG8R might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSG8R might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSG8R might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSG8R might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSG8R's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoBigRed View Post
    I saw that. I'm not sure he gets fired though. Would be tough to can him at 9-3 when, and this is key, they've been improving every year
    Just saw this on twitter from a local writer.

Sources: Tennessee is having a special called meeting tonight. No details as to the nature. Several players are rumored to have quit.
    Kabongo tweeted a picture of cleats hung up. Sounds like TN is in full dumpster fire mode.

asshat CheeseWeasel Definitely Shaggy upper class CheeseWeasel Definitely Shaggy upper class CheeseWeasel Definitely Shaggy upper class CheeseWeasel Definitely Shaggy upper class CheeseWeasel Definitely Shaggy upper class CheeseWeasel Definitely Shaggy upper class CheeseWeasel Definitely Shaggy upper class CheeseWeasel Definitely Shaggy upper class CheeseWeasel Definitely Shaggy upper class CheeseWeasel Definitely Shaggy upper class CheeseWeasel Definitely Shaggy upper class CheeseWeasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TXSG8R View Post
    Sounds like TN is in full dumpster fire mode.
    Lane Kiffin back to UT? That would be fawesome.

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseWeasel View Post
    Lane Kiffin back to UT? That would be fawesome.

I think Lane is perfectly suited as an OC. I don't like playing against him (and them) every year, but that dude rocks as OC and kinda sucks as a head coach. I'm sure someone will take a flyer, again, on him as head coach and again he'll fail.

Quote Originally Posted by BoBigRed View Post
    He has a rape issue very similar to what Art Briles had a Baylor. Maybe worse.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/spor...wles/82441756/

Quote Originally Posted by Lil' Fry McFly View Post
    He has a rape issue very similar to what Art Briles had a Baylor. Maybe worse.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/spor...wles/82441756/
    Yes. That could do it. That's just as bad as Briles and Bible Aggie

Will Week 10 be titled "No longer proud of my Huskers"?

bunghole Horn in one Shaggy Silver Club Horn in one Shaggy Silver Club Horn in one Shaggy Silver Club Horn in one Shaggy Silver Club Horn in one Shaggy Silver Club Horn in one Shaggy Silver Club Horn in one Shaggy Silver Club Horn in one Shaggy Silver Club Horn in one Shaggy Silver Club Horn in one Shaggy Silver Club Horn in one Shaggy Silver Club Horn in one's Avatar
    The Indians choke job still eating at you?

Quote Originally Posted by Horn in one View Post
    The Indians choke job still eating at you?
    No. only so much you can do when 4 out of 7 games your starters are on short rest and 2 of those starters were your 4 and 5 pitchers. Had the Cubs not had their 2 and 3, they don't even make it past the Giants.

Did Bo off himself? Where's week 10?

He might still be drinking. That game was ugly for Nebraska.

Come back Bo!

• + Reply to Thread