+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 10 Thoughts Week 10 - The Disaster in Columbus

asshat BoBigRed has a gigantic e-peen. BoBigRed has a gigantic e-peen. BoBigRed has a gigantic e-peen. BoBigRed has a gigantic e-peen. BoBigRed has a gigantic e-peen. BoBigRed has a gigantic e-peen. BoBigRed has a gigantic e-peen. BoBigRed has a gigantic e-peen. BoBigRed has a gigantic e-peen. BoBigRed has a gigantic e-peen. BoBigRed has a gigantic e-peen. BoBigRed's Avatar
    Fuck you forever Pelini. Win lose or tie, Huskers till I die. Win every day.

10 Thoughts Week 10 - The Disaster in Columbus

As the title reads, not a good weekend for the Big Red. I wasn't on yesterday because that's a game where you need at least a day or two to recover from a beating like that. But I still gotta come back and own it, so here it is.

1. So, the bottom line is this: Riley is doing all he can right now to try to improve this program, but from what I saw on Saturday, there is not one player on that Husker football team that could start for Ohio State.

Not Gerry, who has been a rock for the Huskers all year.

Not Westerkamp, Armstrong's safety blanket.

Not Armstrong, who, it's obvious, is this team's emotional leader.

No one.

Against a team of hungry, motivated four and five star players like Ohio State who just came in pissed off because they've been flatlining, a team that hopes to win really doesn't have a prayer. Nebraska HOPED it could win with some breaks, OSU knew it had the game in the bag. They were focused, motivated and did everything with a purpose.

2. The good news for Nebraska, first, is we still hope to get TA back for the Minnesota game. That's key. There are still games left. Unlike...certain teams...who got exposed in their last game of the year last year and had to live with that all offseason, Nebraska has games left to play and can still finish strong. Hopefully TA clears concussion protocol and can return against Minnesota otherwise we'll lose that game too. Fyfe is not a legitimate D1 QB. Oh and kudos to the OSU fans for the respect towards TA.

3. I've been wondering, how in the world did Texas A&M get that fourth spot over unbeaten Washington. Clearly, they didn't deserve it. Their best win was against a solid Auburn team, but they got blasted by Alabama. Kudos to Miss State for exposing them for being the frauds they are. Washington is a far more deserving four. We'll see if they get the nod over OSU but after that game I bet OSU gets it.

4. Les Miles left town, but the three yards and a cloud of dust offense hasn't. To beat Alabama, you have to be...I don't know, innovative? LSU's offense still reeks of a HS offense from the 1990s. That is why LSU needs to get Tom Herman on board. Badly. Gus Malzahn has the formula to beat Alabama. Be innovative and take risks. Beating them by conventional means won't get it done.

That said, Alabama's freaking fierce, man. Freaking fierce. Bama/OSU rematch for the title, perhaps?

5. I have to hand it to Wisconsin. They've played a brutal stretch of games, with a ton of injuries that have taken their toll on that team, yet they still continue to find ways to get it done. Won at Northwestern for the first time since 1999.

I selfishly hope they win out and get to Indianapolis. Nebraska doesn't need another embarrassment to OSU and Mich and Wisco has proven it can play with both teams. Ideally, Huskers and Badgers both win out.

6. Texas beats Tech in Lubbock; the biggest surprise from that game was that one team didn't score 40 points. After an awful stretch of games, Texas appears to have righted the ship somewhat. 7-5 with the only loss to WVU seems quite attainable.

Oh and with every passing day I'm guessing Tech fan will longer even more for the days of Mike Leach. You know, the guy who's still unbeaten in his division and has a huge Apple Cup game with an instate rival coming up in a few weeks.

7. Notre Dame loses again to drop to 3-6. Navy always gives them fits so ND losing to them is no surprise, but when Notre Dame loses like they have been, it matters.

8. Don't look now but Bielema teams are starting to do what Bielema teams always do. Tread water the first couple months of the season and then rise in November. They are 6-3 and their final three games against LSU, Starkville and Mizzou are all infinitely winnable. Their only losses by the way? Bama, Auburn and A&M.

Oh and Florida and the entire SEC East sucks a big fat one.

9. I think Gundy's done a fantastic job with OSU this year. I took a look at that team before the start of the year and I said this team's gonna be lucky to win seven games. They've already won that many games and they're probably gonna beat Broseph and TCU. Bedlam game looks like it will decide the Big 12. Again.

10. Finally, I have to say it: I love Gary Patterson. He's got so little in his cupboard this year as compared to a couple of years ago when TCU made a run for the ages, but he's still 5-4, beat Baylor by 40 points and can still possibly win 7 games.

There's week 10...in the books...

asshat BurntEyes Shaggy Gold Club BurntEyes Shaggy Gold Club BurntEyes Shaggy Gold Club BurntEyes Shaggy Gold Club BurntEyes Shaggy Gold Club BurntEyes Shaggy Gold Club BurntEyes Shaggy Gold Club BurntEyes Shaggy Gold Club BurntEyes Shaggy Gold Club BurntEyes Shaggy Gold Club BurntEyes Shaggy Gold Club
    Thanks as always must spread, yada.

aggy tears are delicious. To see Rapelor get curbed stomped by TCU along with us beating sand aggy at home made it a tasty week. The Dome losing to Navy was the cherry on top.

No clue on how/why Bielema's teams do like they do, but they do, consistently.

Good to see you back and I hope the Huskers win out.

I'm hoping to get to the game in Lincoln next year and perhaps we can have a beer or two together.

Bucks are better than Nebraska, but the Huskers were driving to try and make a game of it before Armstrong's injury. After that it was not really a game played by two teams sharing the same field and focus.

Bama is nasty work.

Michigan is senior laden like no other team, but they really have only played one comp squad, Wisky.

Washington has some nice players, but I don't see them standing up to the brutal physicality of some of the other top squads.

Buckeyes are very young and prone to everything good and bad. They need to stay aggressive on O and let Barrett throw to some of the young receivers, especially Victor and Hill. That will make them a different, more dangerous team.

Clemson has a little of that West Coast flimsiness on D, but they seem like clear #2 to me.

Wisky does get credit. They are playing like it's 1961 and making it work.

The talent in the Big XII isn't amazing at present, but it is good and the schemes are solid - QB play is not as prolific as has been the case in past years.

On the right NFL team Foreman will do damage. Kind of reminds me of Keith Byars without the hands and with more actual RB skills. Similar gait.

asshat TXSooner518 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSooner518 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSooner518 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSooner518 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSooner518 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSooner518 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSooner518 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSooner518 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSooner518 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSooner518 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSooner518 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge?
    Didn't Arky start 3-0 and has now gone 3-3 since, including losses of 45-24, 49-30, and losing 56-3 nine days ago?

UT has the #1 rusher in the country.
    OU has the #1 receiver in the country.
    TT has the #1 QB in passing yards in the country.

There's talent in the BXII, it's just not all on one team. This Horns team is going to be scary in 1-2 years as these starters mature. Beuchele to Duvernay is going to be a thing of beauty for years to come.

Saw good chunks of the Arky/Florida game. I was surprised how totally average Florida was considering they were #11. Then I discovered they haven't and won't play a ranked team until the second to last game of the season and that's LSU so that's marginal.

I was also surprised to see that Rich Rod at Arizona is something like 2-7 after getting smoked 69-7 by Wazzu. Is he feeling any heat? I always thought he was a good coach but what's going on there?

asshat TXSooner518 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSooner518 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSooner518 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSooner518 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSooner518 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSooner518 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSooner518 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSooner518 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSooner518 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSooner518 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSooner518 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge?
    They are dreadful this year. Trailed Grambling at home 21-3 at half. Finished 7-6 last year after 5-2 start, and completely have fallen apart after the OT loss to Washington this year, losing 5 straight by double digits. Excepting their 2014 NY6 bowl season, which they still finished outside the top 15, he is now 11-22 in Pac12 games. Has to be feeling some heat.

asshat BoBigRed has a gigantic e-peen. BoBigRed has a gigantic e-peen. BoBigRed has a gigantic e-peen. BoBigRed has a gigantic e-peen. BoBigRed has a gigantic e-peen. BoBigRed has a gigantic e-peen. BoBigRed has a gigantic e-peen. BoBigRed has a gigantic e-peen. BoBigRed has a gigantic e-peen. BoBigRed has a gigantic e-peen. BoBigRed has a gigantic e-peen. BoBigRed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TXSooner518 View Post
    Didn't Arky start 3-0 and has now gone 3-3 since, including losses of 45-24, 49-30, and losing 56-3 nine days ago?
    All true; the best team Ark played in that 3-0 stretch was TCU whose cupboard is pretty bare.

We'll see how they do the last three. This is usually Bielema's month

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua Buddha View Post
    Saw good chunks of the Arky/Florida game. I was surprised how totally average Florida was considering they were #11. Then I discovered they haven't and won't play a ranked team until the second to last game of the season and that's LSU so that's marginal.

I was also surprised to see that Rich Rod at Arizona is something like 2-7 after getting smoked 69-7 by Wazzu. Is he feeling any heat? I always thought he was a good coach but what's going on there?
    Tenny played an awful brand of ball in Oct but if UF loses to LSU Tenny will play in ATL. Unreal. What a dumpster fire that division is

I think all the SECW except Miss State would be a huge favorite to win the East. And Miss State could certainly pull it off.

asshat Wally Pryor Shaggy Gold Club Wally Pryor Shaggy Gold Club Wally Pryor Shaggy Gold Club Wally Pryor Shaggy Gold Club Wally Pryor Shaggy Gold Club Wally Pryor Shaggy Gold Club Wally Pryor Shaggy Gold Club Wally Pryor Shaggy Gold Club Wally Pryor Shaggy Gold Club Wally Pryor Shaggy Gold Club Wally Pryor Shaggy Gold Club Wally Pryor's Avatar
    - Chryst is one of the most underrated coaches in the nation. Average talent but they compete with and beat most everyone. As you mention, they had run a gauntlet heading into Evanston playing a Northwestern team w/ no fear of them. So what does Wisco do? Methodically dominates, even w/ that mess of theirs at QB.
    - Patterson just hates Baylor, with or without Briles there. I bet he heard during the week Baylor would be in all-black unis and that just amp'd up Gary's prep. That performance looked like his vintage teams during the Dalton era. And Kyle Hicks was a man possessed, running violently and viciously.
    - You could have made the case that Sterlin Gilbert should have been fired for two of the worst play calls in CFB history as that game was winding down. He was lucky to be rescued by the pick in the end zone.
    - Hats off the Muschamp for keeping So Carolina competitive, and more, with that mess he inherited.
    - Sans an injury to Hurts, everyone else is playing for 2nd. Just love the way Saban has morph'd that defense over and, literally, carved the fat out of it to make that side of the ball a vicious, vicious machine. And on the offensive side, he dropped the stubbornness and evolved w/ the times. The result? No one will beat Bama this season.
    - I wasn't a big fan of James Franklin but can't argue with what he's done. And Saquon Barkley is still a great RB that no ones talks very much about. Think LeSean McCoy at the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally Pryor View Post
    Sans an injury to Hurts, everyone else is playing for 2nd. Just love the way Saban has morph'd that defense over and, literally, carved the fat out of it to make that side of the ball a vicious, vicious machine. And on the offensive side, he dropped the stubbornness and evolved w/ the times. The result? No one will beat Bama this season.
    And I thought this might be a down year for them

A threepeat is infinitely possible next season if they should finish this off

asshat Wally Pryor Shaggy Gold Club Wally Pryor Shaggy Gold Club Wally Pryor Shaggy Gold Club Wally Pryor Shaggy Gold Club Wally Pryor Shaggy Gold Club Wally Pryor Shaggy Gold Club Wally Pryor Shaggy Gold Club Wally Pryor Shaggy Gold Club Wally Pryor Shaggy Gold Club Wally Pryor Shaggy Gold Club Wally Pryor Shaggy Gold Club Wally Pryor's Avatar
    Saban is simply a brilliant football coach and I absolutely love watching his teams play.

bunghole bornbama1 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bornbama1 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bornbama1 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bornbama1 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bornbama1 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bornbama1 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bornbama1 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bornbama1 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bornbama1 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bornbama1 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bornbama1 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bornbama1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoBigRed View Post
    And I thought this might be a down year for them

A threepeat is infinitely possible next season if they should finish this off
    Bama will lose alot on defense especially the front seven, even if the underclassmen stay like last year. The offense should be better with another year for Hurts to grow into the offense. Won't lose a lot on that side of the ball.

asshat Dutchrudder Probably Shaggy upper class Dutchrudder Probably Shaggy upper class Dutchrudder Probably Shaggy upper class Dutchrudder Probably Shaggy upper class Dutchrudder Probably Shaggy upper class Dutchrudder Probably Shaggy upper class Dutchrudder Probably Shaggy upper class Dutchrudder Probably Shaggy upper class Dutchrudder Probably Shaggy upper class Dutchrudder Probably Shaggy upper class Dutchrudder Probably Shaggy upper class Dutchrudder's Avatar
    3. I've been wondering, how in the world did Texas A&M get that fourth spot over unbeaten Washington. Clearly, they didn't deserve it. Their best win was against a solid Auburn team, but they got blasted by Alabama. Kudos to Miss State for exposing them for being the frauds they are. Washington is a far more deserving four. We'll see if they get the nod over OSU but after that game I bet OSU gets it.
    Because it's obvious to everyone that an undefeated Washington belongs there, and snubbing them creates a whole bunch of entertainment for sports shows to talk about the NCAA. It was going to be corrected sooner or later. The Playoff Committee rankings only matter in week 15, everything before that is pageantry meant to generate interest, discussion and ire in fans.

For the Week 11 summary

• + Reply to Thread