Partisanship is the real problem, and a big part of what's causing fake news:
Trump's bully pulpit will be great. hearing fox, nbc and cbs partake a bit in the cnn bashing today was fun. lol cannibals
2) Media is trying DESPERATELY through election season to get verification on this because they suck Hillary's $#@!, but they can't get verification, because it never happened.
3) So "reportedly" at the briefings last week, Trump-hating components of some intelligence bodies say "well, this stuff is out there but we can't prove $#@!" (again because it never happened, nor came close to happening). **it should be noted that even the news reports of a 2-page intelligence "addendum" and verbal briefing of Trump/Obama about this fake story has now come under aggressive dispute, NBC says it never happened, echoing Priebus.)
4) The best anyone can do is this "17 agencies say" that the "Russians hacked" us, which is probably true, and no different than what they've been doing every day for 30 years (but the $#@!ing DNC was too $#@!tily run to block it), and really have absolutely nothing to "prove" anything even one feathers' worth of weight substantially affected even half a vote in the election, but whatevers.
5) Buzzfeed knows there's a Trump presser, the first one in six months, so on the eve of this, and following NYT, WaPo, CNN, and others' "sensational" story about the intelligence "briefings" and "two page addendum" says what the $#@!, let's throw it out there. So they put out 35-page Sodomistic Fun For All Fake narrative, very funny and cool (involves whores pissing on beds and stuff). Some Shagsters even believe it, LOL!).
6) Story turns out to crumble like a piece of 5 year old cake on the counter, and several of these "news" agencies say "hey, it's Buzzfeed's fault! WE didn't put out that 35 pager, because, well, we're (lol!) "honest" and "news people" (IknowIknow, just bear with me).
7) Trump gets out there today and $#@!ing just TOTALLY $#@!ING 100% STEAMROLLS this story and the news outfits, I mean $#@!ing crushes their nuts and feeds them back to their toothless pieholes. Story has become laughable. Topped by Trump excoriating CNN for being a "fake news" outfit, denies reporter (a belligerent $#@! at that) from asking a question. Trump wins 100 to minus-infinity over the guy.
8) So today all these news people are targeting Buzzfeed (which is just a mom's basement hack blog anyway, don't blame them) but also CNN for choosing last night to decide to report on the details of Buzzfeed's releasing that. And - make NO $#@!ing mistake - I watched CNN (Tapper) do it then back it up all night (Lemon was especially his usual clueless self), quite obviously doing it to throw $#@! out there to try and make it the narrative of the presser today.. bumbling Trump caught up in whore pee, when in reality Trump $#@!ing DESTROYED them and moved on within 5 minutes. God was that masterful.
9) Now they're bickering about their "first amendment" rights but slamming CNN for doing it, when all along their hypocritical asses were gleefully along for the ride. At least CNN is "just" a bunch of drooling, partisan Trump-loathing entitled $#@!s, but they did what they do, try to slant events to control someone. The other gutless $#@!s are just cowards... hiding behind CNN then calling them out, when they were rooting for the entire thing all along. The only thing worse than a biased, drooling, blind-with-hatred $#@!sucker is a biased, drooling, blind-with-hatred, chicken$#@! $#@!sucker. Which we all now know the MSM is, with plenty of reserve.
All in all, it was rather a delightful and interesting 24 hours. Trump came out of this more "in control" than at any point since he started running. He dictated the entire thing, and turned their (usual) attempt to try and defrock and humiliate him into a backfiring pistol up their own mouths. Pretty interesting.
Last edited by phdhorn; 01-11-2017 at 08:05 PM.
Fake news should be suppressed through the already established mechanism.
I posted my thoughts on the strategy to deal with this. Trump pretty much ran that play. Address head on with will result in undermining the media, positioning doubt regarding the rest of the intelligence community information, and undermining the attacks he is taking on Russia. He pretty much executed on that.
phdhorn nailed it, especially the part about Trump schooling the CNN idiot.
CNN in major face saving mode. Would love to see the archive history of their webpage story.
The media is playing checkers, Donald is playing chess /NoDenzel
CNN is such a joke. Lemon on there now whining about Trump not answering their questions.
There is light (truth) at the end of this tunnel, and I hope we get there. We need real news. Real journalists with integrity.
Yes, nobody should be allowed to link to CNN or the NYTimes.Should "Fake News" be surpressed on social media?
What we need is a natural sense of skepticism and press that accepts that its role is to report on the truth - regardless of how biased or dishonest they are in their perspectives - not to be the determiners of what the truth is.
There is no yesteryear, and yesteryear honestly sucked more than now, but the future must remain free for us. We should understand and call out foreign govts and Eastern European teenagers for attempting to influence us. We shouldn't ever create an environment here where they wouldn't be able to influence us.
The analysis notes that partisanship has become much more a part of peoples' identities than it was in the past, and influences how they perceive the world: partisans seek out information that supports their existing biases, and discredit sources that present contrary information. Partisans from opposing parties actually have different realities, perceptually. It's about being part of the tribe; sources that are approved by the tribe automatically carry weight, whether they hew to reality or not. None of this is groundbreaking, but y'all are perfect examples of the tendency: it's more important to signify that you're part of the tribe than it is to seek out actual facts.
Last edited by Bat Guan0; 01-12-2017 at 10:24 AM.
My opinion on this is that just as you pay for access to LHN you have to pay for access to info and stories from DC. The press has decided to pay that price from both sides of the aisle instead of speak out against quid pro quo in unison. This has been further hampered by twitter and facebook. We don't need the press to get the news before them. They used to gather and interpret facts for us. Now we can do that on our own. So in an effort to fit in they are paying an even higher price to get info faster from the political elite and they are putting it out to the masses with zero editorial or journalistic integrity. They are simply paying too much and don't have enough time to meet the deadlines that society now demands.
This has made them literal talking heads that make the news on their own. It is truly amazing that reported "News" on one station is that another station printed a story. Think about that. There was only one news source but 2-10 news stories come out of it. Further, they are all emotional (political elite requires this as opposed to factual in exchange for access) so we become further divided.
Now CNN and others are decrying that trump is stomping out the first amendment. I say, let them have their first amendment, CNN can be an editorial channel and site. Cut off their access if they are going to run with zero journalistic integrity. I said it in another thread, this is exactly why the NBA, NFL, and MLB fought hard to keep bloggers out of the press conferences and locker rooms. Some of these "news sources" aren't looking for fact. They are looking for what is said in the showers or private and interjecting that into our lives as news. Even if that conversation has nothing to do with the subject they are writing about or has no basis in fact or reality.
It is a problem and a big one for constitutionalism.
My educated guess is that you won't be able to provide clear-cut examples of either.
Football .. OC .. Basketball .. Baseball .. Other Sports .. RC Didn't Offer .. Gamboool
Varsity .. Hole in the Wall .. PCL .. Einstein's .. Nasty's .. GM Steakhouse .. NSAA .. Classics
Bada Bing .. Bernard .. Nerdz .. Can you help me with this? .. Shagslist .. Cloak Room .. Bellmont