+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Should "Fake News" be surpressed on social media?

asshat Bat Guan0 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Bat Guan0 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Bat Guan0 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Bat Guan0 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Bat Guan0 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Bat Guan0 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Bat Guan0 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Bat Guan0 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Bat Guan0 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Bat Guan0 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Bat Guan0 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Bat Guan0's Avatar
    Partisanship is the real problem, and a big part of what's causing fake news:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/11/u...T.nav=top-news

Lol a NYT analysis of fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavy 6 View Post
    They are the experts.

oldfart Armybrat probably preboards planes Armybrat probably preboards planes Armybrat probably preboards planes Armybrat probably preboards planes Armybrat probably preboards planes Armybrat probably preboards planes Armybrat probably preboards planes Armybrat probably preboards planes Armybrat probably preboards planes Armybrat probably preboards planes Armybrat probably preboards planes Armybrat's Avatar
    Who got the byline, Walter Duranty?

asshat Swam4Texas Shaggy Gold Club Swam4Texas Shaggy Gold Club Swam4Texas Shaggy Gold Club Swam4Texas Shaggy Gold Club Swam4Texas Shaggy Gold Club Swam4Texas Shaggy Gold Club Swam4Texas Shaggy Gold Club Swam4Texas Shaggy Gold Club Swam4Texas Shaggy Gold Club Swam4Texas Shaggy Gold Club Swam4Texas Shaggy Gold Club Swam4Texas's Avatar
    You're the fake news!
    How prescient.

asshat Swam4Texas Shaggy Gold Club Swam4Texas Shaggy Gold Club Swam4Texas Shaggy Gold Club Swam4Texas Shaggy Gold Club Swam4Texas Shaggy Gold Club Swam4Texas Shaggy Gold Club Swam4Texas Shaggy Gold Club Swam4Texas Shaggy Gold Club Swam4Texas Shaggy Gold Club Swam4Texas Shaggy Gold Club Swam4Texas Shaggy Gold Club Swam4Texas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    Jayson Blair

Didn't the NYT write an apology letter for their $#@!ty coverage and shilling for HRC?

asshat EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird's Avatar
    Trump's bully pulpit will be great. hearing fox, nbc and cbs partake a bit in the cnn bashing today was fun. lol cannibals

asshat TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlyBird View Post
    Trump's bully pulpit will be great. hearing fox, nbc and cbs partake a bit in the cnn bashing today was fun. lol cannibals
    Eyeballs are a scarce resource, what's bad for cnn is good for the country. And for them, too, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by EarlyBird View Post
    I missed the sniping...what happened?

asshat phdhorn Definitely Shaggy upper class phdhorn Definitely Shaggy upper class phdhorn Definitely Shaggy upper class phdhorn Definitely Shaggy upper class phdhorn Definitely Shaggy upper class phdhorn Definitely Shaggy upper class phdhorn Definitely Shaggy upper class phdhorn Definitely Shaggy upper class phdhorn Definitely Shaggy upper class phdhorn Definitely Shaggy upper class phdhorn Definitely Shaggy upper class phdhorn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FCHorn View Post
    1) Bogus bull$#@! story about Trump going all kinky in Moscow floats around for at least 9 months.
    2) Media is trying DESPERATELY through election season to get verification on this because they suck Hillary's $#@!, but they can't get verification, because it never happened.
    3) So "reportedly" at the briefings last week, Trump-hating components of some intelligence bodies say "well, this stuff is out there but we can't prove $#@!" (again because it never happened, nor came close to happening). **it should be noted that even the news reports of a 2-page intelligence "addendum" and verbal briefing of Trump/Obama about this fake story has now come under aggressive dispute, NBC says it never happened, echoing Priebus.)
    4) The best anyone can do is this "17 agencies say" that the "Russians hacked" us, which is probably true, and no different than what they've been doing every day for 30 years (but the $#@!ing DNC was too $#@!tily run to block it), and really have absolutely nothing to "prove" anything even one feathers' worth of weight substantially affected even half a vote in the election, but whatevers.
    5) Buzzfeed knows there's a Trump presser, the first one in six months, so on the eve of this, and following NYT, WaPo, CNN, and others' "sensational" story about the intelligence "briefings" and "two page addendum" says what the $#@!, let's throw it out there. So they put out 35-page Sodomistic Fun For All Fake narrative, very funny and cool (involves whores pissing on beds and stuff). Some Shagsters even believe it, LOL!).
    6) Story turns out to crumble like a piece of 5 year old cake on the counter, and several of these "news" agencies say "hey, it's Buzzfeed's fault! WE didn't put out that 35 pager, because, well, we're (lol!) "honest" and "news people" (IknowIknow, just bear with me).
    7) Trump gets out there today and $#@!ing just TOTALLY $#@!ING 100% STEAMROLLS this story and the news outfits, I mean $#@!ing crushes their nuts and feeds them back to their toothless pieholes. Story has become laughable. Topped by Trump excoriating CNN for being a "fake news" outfit, denies reporter (a belligerent $#@! at that) from asking a question. Trump wins 100 to minus-infinity over the guy.
    8) So today all these news people are targeting Buzzfeed (which is just a mom's basement hack blog anyway, don't blame them) but also CNN for choosing last night to decide to report on the details of Buzzfeed's releasing that. And - make NO $#@!ing mistake - I watched CNN (Tapper) do it then back it up all night (Lemon was especially his usual clueless self), quite obviously doing it to throw $#@! out there to try and make it the narrative of the presser today.. bumbling Trump caught up in whore pee, when in reality Trump $#@!ing DESTROYED them and moved on within 5 minutes. God was that masterful.
    9) Now they're bickering about their "first amendment" rights but slamming CNN for doing it, when all along their hypocritical asses were gleefully along for the ride. At least CNN is "just" a bunch of drooling, partisan Trump-loathing entitled $#@!s, but they did what they do, try to slant events to control someone. The other gutless $#@!s are just cowards... hiding behind CNN then calling them out, when they were rooting for the entire thing all along. The only thing worse than a biased, drooling, blind-with-hatred $#@!sucker is a biased, drooling, blind-with-hatred, chicken$#@! $#@!sucker. Which we all now know the MSM is, with plenty of reserve.

All in all, it was rather a delightful and interesting 24 hours. Trump came out of this more "in control" than at any point since he started running. He dictated the entire thing, and turned their (usual) attempt to try and defrock and humiliate him into a backfiring pistol up their own mouths. Pretty interesting.
    Last edited by phdhorn; 01-11-2017 at 08:05 PM.

asshat EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird Shaggy Silver Club EarlyBird's Avatar
    I got out of a meeting and drove from Frisco to Fort Worth around lunch and was just punching around on npr and a couple of the am news stations. detected a vibe of "distancing" from cnn and buzzfeed. I'd just hate it if trump created division in the msm.

Quote Originally Posted by phdhorn View Post
    1) Bogus bull$#@! story about Trump going all kinky in Moscow floats around for at least 9 months.
    2) Media is trying DESPERATELY through election season to get verification on this because they suck Hillary's $#@!, but they can't get verification, because it never happened.
    3) So "reportedly" at the briefings last week, Trump-hating components of some intelligence bodies say "well, this stuff is out there but we can't prove $#@!" (again because it never happened, nor came close to happening). **it should be noted that even the news reports of a 2-page intelligence "addendum" and verbal briefing of Trump/Obama about this fake story has now come under aggressive dispute, NBC says it never happened, echoing Priebus.)
    4) The best anyone can do is this "17 agencies say" that the "Russians hacked" us, which is probably true, and no different than what they've been doing every day for 30 years (but the $#@!ing DNC was too $#@!tily run to block it), and really have absolutely nothing to "prove" anything even one feathers' worth of weight substantially affected even half a vote in the election, but whatevers.
    5) Buzzfeed knows there's a Trump presser, the first one in six months, so on the eve of this, and following NYT, WaPo, CNN, and others' "sensational" story about the intelligence "briefings" and "two page addendum" says what the $#@!, let's throw it out there. So they put out 35-page Sodomistic Fun For All Fake narrative, very funny and cool (involves whores pissing on beds and stuff). Some Shagsters even believe it, LOL!).
    6) Story turns out to crumble like a piece of 5 year old cake on the counter, and several of these "news" agencies say "hey, it's Buzzfeed's fault! WE didn't put out that 35 pager, because, well, we're (lol!) "honest" and "news people" (IknowIknow, just bear with me).
    7) Trump gets out there today and $#@!ing just TOTALLY $#@!ING 100% STEAMROLLS this story and the news outfits, I mean $#@!ing crushes their nuts and feeds them back to their toothless pieholes. Story has become laughable. Topped by Trump excoriating CNN for being a "fake news" outfit, denies reporter (a belligerent $#@! at that) from asking a question. Trump wins 100 to minus-infinity over the guy.
    8) So today all these news people are targeting Buzzfeed (which is just a mom's basement hack blog anyway, don't blame them) but also CNN for choosing last night to decide to report on the details of Buzzfeed's releasing that. And - make NO $#@!ing mistake - I watched CNN (Tapper) do it then back it up all night (Lemon was especially his usual clueless self), quite obviously doing it to throw $#@! out there to try and make it the narrative of the presser today.. bumbling Trump caught up in whore pee, when in reality Trump $#@!ing DESTROYED them and moved on within 5 minutes. God was that masterful.
    9) Now they're bickering about their "first amendment" rights but slamming CNN for doing it, when all along their hypocritical asses were gleefully along for the ride. At least CNN is "just" a bunch of drooling, partisan Trump-loathing entitled $#@!s, but they did what they do, try to slant events to control someone. The other gutless $#@!s are just cowards... hiding behind CNN then calling them out, when they were rooting for the entire thing all along. The only thing worse than a biased, drooling, blind-with-hatred $#@!sucker is a biased, drooling, blind-with-hatred, chicken$#@! $#@!sucker. Which we all now know the MSM is, with plenty of reserve.

All in all, it was rather a delightful and interesting 24 hours. Trump came out of this more "in control" than at any point since he started running. He dictated the entire thing, and turned their (usual) attempt to try and defrock and humiliate him into a backfiring pistol up their own mouths. Pretty interesting.
    fake recap

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Knight View Post
    fake recap
    Yeah...I'll believe the PhD thank you

Yeah...I'll believe the PhD thank you
    phd in what, have you seen his transcript?

Fake news should be suppressed through the already established mechanism.

Libel laws.

/crap

asshat Rex Kramer Probably Shaggy upper class Rex Kramer Probably Shaggy upper class Rex Kramer Probably Shaggy upper class Rex Kramer Probably Shaggy upper class Rex Kramer Probably Shaggy upper class Rex Kramer Probably Shaggy upper class Rex Kramer Probably Shaggy upper class Rex Kramer Probably Shaggy upper class Rex Kramer Probably Shaggy upper class Rex Kramer Probably Shaggy upper class Rex Kramer Probably Shaggy upper class Rex Kramer's Avatar
    Where the soft southern winds meet the live oak trees
    No, but we've seen your posts for years. Advantage PhD.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Kramer View Post
    Repped

But must spread

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Kramer View Post

asshat 0xdeadbeef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? 0xdeadbeef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? 0xdeadbeef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? 0xdeadbeef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? 0xdeadbeef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? 0xdeadbeef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? 0xdeadbeef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? 0xdeadbeef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? 0xdeadbeef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? 0xdeadbeef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? 0xdeadbeef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? 0xdeadbeef's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phdhorn View Post

Let's not forget the part where 4Chan has come out and claimed that were the original source for the story as a troll.

asshat Anastasis Shaggy Gold Club Anastasis Shaggy Gold Club Anastasis Shaggy Gold Club Anastasis Shaggy Gold Club Anastasis Shaggy Gold Club Anastasis Shaggy Gold Club Anastasis Shaggy Gold Club Anastasis Shaggy Gold Club Anastasis Shaggy Gold Club Anastasis Shaggy Gold Club Anastasis Shaggy Gold Club Anastasis's Avatar
    I posted my thoughts on the strategy to deal with this. Trump pretty much ran that play. Address head on with will result in undermining the media, positioning doubt regarding the rest of the intelligence community information, and undermining the attacks he is taking on Russia. He pretty much executed on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Anastasis View Post
    I posted my thoughts on the strategy to deal with this. Trump pretty much ran that play. Address head on with will result in undermining the media, positioning doubt regarding the rest of the intelligence community information, and undermining the attacks he is taking on Russia. He pretty much executed on that.
    And continue those attacks on fake news = more Trump voters in 2020

asshat HouTex Shaggy Bronze Club HouTex Shaggy Bronze Club HouTex Shaggy Bronze Club HouTex Shaggy Bronze Club HouTex Shaggy Bronze Club HouTex Shaggy Bronze Club HouTex Shaggy Bronze Club HouTex Shaggy Bronze Club HouTex Shaggy Bronze Club HouTex Shaggy Bronze Club HouTex Shaggy Bronze Club
    phdhorn nailed it, especially the part about Trump schooling the CNN idiot.

asshat Anastasis Shaggy Gold Club Anastasis Shaggy Gold Club Anastasis Shaggy Gold Club Anastasis Shaggy Gold Club Anastasis Shaggy Gold Club Anastasis Shaggy Gold Club Anastasis Shaggy Gold Club Anastasis Shaggy Gold Club Anastasis Shaggy Gold Club Anastasis Shaggy Gold Club Anastasis Shaggy Gold Club Anastasis's Avatar
    CNN in major face saving mode. Would love to see the archive history of their webpage story.

oldfart Armybrat probably preboards planes Armybrat probably preboards planes Armybrat probably preboards planes Armybrat probably preboards planes Armybrat probably preboards planes Armybrat probably preboards planes Armybrat probably preboards planes Armybrat probably preboards planes Armybrat probably preboards planes Armybrat probably preboards planes Armybrat probably preboards planes Armybrat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anastasis View Post
    CNN in major face saving mode. Would love to see the archive history of their webpage story.
    They're probably hard at work trying to clean it up.

asshat TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer's Avatar
    Besides, there's no reason we can't be civil is there?
    The media is playing checkers, Donald is playing chess /NoDenzel

asshat neonmoon44 Probably Shaggy upper class neonmoon44 Probably Shaggy upper class neonmoon44 Probably Shaggy upper class neonmoon44 Probably Shaggy upper class neonmoon44 Probably Shaggy upper class neonmoon44 Probably Shaggy upper class neonmoon44 Probably Shaggy upper class neonmoon44 Probably Shaggy upper class neonmoon44 Probably Shaggy upper class neonmoon44 Probably Shaggy upper class neonmoon44 Probably Shaggy upper class neonmoon44's Avatar
    CNN is such a joke. Lemon on there now whining about Trump not answering their questions.

this place is a delusional echo chamber....playing chess, lol

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckNorrisActionJeans View Post
    Have you tried your head?

asshat TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer's Avatar
    Besides, there's no reason we can't be civil is there?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckNorrisActionJeans View Post
    Broseph, I think Trump's an idiot. What does that say about the media? It's hard to envision being more completely dominated than they are right now.

Have you seen your president's?

asshat Fillmore Slim Shaggy Silver Club Fillmore Slim Shaggy Silver Club Fillmore Slim Shaggy Silver Club Fillmore Slim Shaggy Silver Club Fillmore Slim Shaggy Silver Club Fillmore Slim Shaggy Silver Club Fillmore Slim Shaggy Silver Club Fillmore Slim Shaggy Silver Club Fillmore Slim Shaggy Silver Club Fillmore Slim Shaggy Silver Club Fillmore Slim Shaggy Silver Club
    Defying the notion of the inevitable failure of architectural curves.
    There is light (truth) at the end of this tunnel, and I hope we get there. We need real news. Real journalists with integrity.

Should "Fake News" be surpressed on social media?
    Yes, nobody should be allowed to link to CNN or the NYTimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fillmore Slim View Post
    There is light (truth) at the end of this tunnel, and I hope we get there. We need real news. Real journalists with integrity.
    I want to agree with you, but I doubt it. We fantasize about the wonderful days of yesteryear, when all was right with the world. But it never was and will not be until Jesus returns.

What we need is a natural sense of skepticism and press that accepts that its role is to report on the truth - regardless of how biased or dishonest they are in their perspectives - not to be the determiners of what the truth is.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    I want to agree with you, but I doubt it. We fantasize about the wonderful days of yesteryear, when all was right with the world. But it never was and will not be until Jesus returns.

What we need is a natural sense of skepticism and press that accepts that its role is to report on the truth - regardless of how biased or dishonest they are in their perspectives - not to be the determiners of what the truth is.
    People do need better filters. Most people born before the information age aren't very good at filtering though. They get inundated with local news from everywhere and think everything is bad. Young people are better at filtering though so it's just a matter of waiting it out.

There is no yesteryear, and yesteryear honestly sucked more than now, but the future must remain free for us. We should understand and call out foreign govts and Eastern European teenagers for attempting to influence us. We shouldn't ever create an environment here where they wouldn't be able to influence us.

asshat Bat Guan0 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Bat Guan0 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Bat Guan0 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Bat Guan0 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Bat Guan0 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Bat Guan0 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Bat Guan0 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Bat Guan0 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Bat Guan0 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Bat Guan0 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Bat Guan0 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Bat Guan0's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    They are the experts.
    Didn't the NYT write an apology letter for their $#@!ty coverage and shilling for HRC?
    So y'all aren't going to bother to read the piece? Not surprised.

The analysis notes that partisanship has become much more a part of peoples' identities than it was in the past, and influences how they perceive the world: partisans seek out information that supports their existing biases, and discredit sources that present contrary information. Partisans from opposing parties actually have different realities, perceptually. It's about being part of the tribe; sources that are approved by the tribe automatically carry weight, whether they hew to reality or not. None of this is groundbreaking, but y'all are perfect examples of the tendency: it's more important to signify that you're part of the tribe than it is to seek out actual facts.
    Last edited by Bat Guan0; 01-12-2017 at 10:24 AM.

asshat clear lake horn Shaggy Gold Club clear lake horn Shaggy Gold Club clear lake horn Shaggy Gold Club clear lake horn Shaggy Gold Club clear lake horn Shaggy Gold Club clear lake horn Shaggy Gold Club clear lake horn Shaggy Gold Club clear lake horn Shaggy Gold Club clear lake horn Shaggy Gold Club clear lake horn Shaggy Gold Club clear lake horn Shaggy Gold Club clear lake horn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bat Guan0 View Post
    So y'all aren't going to bother to read the piece? Not surprised.

The analysis notes that partisanship has become much more a part of peoples' identities than it was in the past, and influences how they perceive the world: partisans seek out information that supports their existing biases, and discredit sources that present contrary information. Partisans from opposing parties actually have different realities, perceptually. It's about being part of the tribe; sources that are approved by the tribe automatically carry weight, whether they hew to reality or not. None of this is groundbreaking, but y'all are perfect examples of the tendency: it's more important to signify that you're part of the tribe than it is to seek out actual facts.
    I read the article. There is not one mention of the hyper-partisanship practiced by the New York Times. A partisanship so noticeable I might add, that even the New York Times own ombudsman has written about it.

asshat YoLaDu has a gigantic e-peen. YoLaDu has a gigantic e-peen. YoLaDu has a gigantic e-peen. YoLaDu has a gigantic e-peen. YoLaDu has a gigantic e-peen. YoLaDu has a gigantic e-peen. YoLaDu has a gigantic e-peen. YoLaDu has a gigantic e-peen. YoLaDu has a gigantic e-peen. YoLaDu has a gigantic e-peen. YoLaDu has a gigantic e-peen. YoLaDu's Avatar
    guitar starts spinning, rock and roll starts winning
    Quote Originally Posted by Fillmore Slim View Post
    that is the last thing Trump wants.

Quote Originally Posted by clear lake horn View Post
    I read the article. There is not one mention of the hyper-partisanship practiced by the New York Times. A partisanship so noticeable I might add, that even the New York Times own ombudsman has written about it.
    Does that alleged partisanship make the analysis in this particular piece wrong?

asshat clear lake horn Shaggy Gold Club clear lake horn Shaggy Gold Club clear lake horn Shaggy Gold Club clear lake horn Shaggy Gold Club clear lake horn Shaggy Gold Club clear lake horn Shaggy Gold Club clear lake horn Shaggy Gold Club clear lake horn Shaggy Gold Club clear lake horn Shaggy Gold Club clear lake horn Shaggy Gold Club clear lake horn Shaggy Gold Club clear lake horn's Avatar
    Does that alleged partisanship make the analysis in this particular piece wrong?
    No but it certainly implores one to question motives considering the source. They are telling me about the splinter in my eye without acknowledging the plank in theirs.

asshat jhawk Shaggy Silver Club jhawk Shaggy Silver Club jhawk Shaggy Silver Club jhawk Shaggy Silver Club jhawk Shaggy Silver Club jhawk Shaggy Silver Club jhawk Shaggy Silver Club jhawk Shaggy Silver Club jhawk Shaggy Silver Club jhawk Shaggy Silver Club jhawk Shaggy Silver Club jhawk's Avatar
    My opinion on this is that just as you pay for access to LHN you have to pay for access to info and stories from DC. The press has decided to pay that price from both sides of the aisle instead of speak out against quid pro quo in unison. This has been further hampered by twitter and facebook. We don't need the press to get the news before them. They used to gather and interpret facts for us. Now we can do that on our own. So in an effort to fit in they are paying an even higher price to get info faster from the political elite and they are putting it out to the masses with zero editorial or journalistic integrity. They are simply paying too much and don't have enough time to meet the deadlines that society now demands.

This has made them literal talking heads that make the news on their own. It is truly amazing that reported "News" on one station is that another station printed a story. Think about that. There was only one news source but 2-10 news stories come out of it. Further, they are all emotional (political elite requires this as opposed to factual in exchange for access) so we become further divided.

Now CNN and others are decrying that trump is stomping out the first amendment. I say, let them have their first amendment, CNN can be an editorial channel and site. Cut off their access if they are going to run with zero journalistic integrity. I said it in another thread, this is exactly why the NBA, NFL, and MLB fought hard to keep bloggers out of the press conferences and locker rooms. Some of these "news sources" aren't looking for fact. They are looking for what is said in the showers or private and interjecting that into our lives as news. Even if that conversation has nothing to do with the subject they are writing about or has no basis in fact or reality.

It is a problem and a big one for constitutionalism.

No but it certainly implores one to question motives considering the source. They are telling me about the splinter in my eye without acknowledging the plank in theirs.
    OK, group identification noted. Your membership in the tribe is secure.

this
    that

OK, group identification noted. Your membership in the tribe is secure.
    As yours has been from the beginning.

As yours has been from the beginning.
    You're probably right, with the way the factions have lined up recently. I read National Review, Forbes, and the WSJ, but those don't count as part of the cool kids on the right anymore. Sorry, I won't read Breitbart or Stormfront. I do watch Fox News, though; does that count?

You're probably right, with the way the factions have lined up recently. I read National Review, Forbes, and the WSJ, but those don't count as part of the cool kids on the right anymore. Sorry, I won't read Breitbart or Stormfront. I do watch Fox News, though; does that count?
    Does Breitbart practice a partisanship that is distinctly different from the partisanship practiced by the New York Times?

Does Breitbart practice a partisanship that is distinctly different from the partisanship practiced by the New York Times?
    LOL. Is that a real question?

LOL. Is that a real question?
    Of course.

Of course.
    I think you can answer the question yourself. You should show your work, though. First, provide examples of the alleged partisanship of the NYT. Remember, opinion pieces don't count, for obvious reasons. Next, find articles on Breitbart that are NOT partisan. Compare and contrast.

My educated guess is that you won't be able to provide clear-cut examples of either.

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast