+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 72 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: The Assistant Coach Thread

I don't love losing Traylor because he can only be functional at a Texas school right now. The idea of recruiting against him is not pleasant but I can deal with it if we get Brewster.

asshat spinmonkey probably preboards planes spinmonkey probably preboards planes spinmonkey probably preboards planes spinmonkey probably preboards planes spinmonkey probably preboards planes spinmonkey probably preboards planes spinmonkey probably preboards planes spinmonkey probably preboards planes spinmonkey probably preboards planes spinmonkey probably preboards planes spinmonkey probably preboards planes spinmonkey's Avatar
    Report: Houston OL Coach Derek Warehime To Join Tom Herman in Austin

asshat spinmonkey probably preboards planes spinmonkey probably preboards planes spinmonkey probably preboards planes spinmonkey probably preboards planes spinmonkey probably preboards planes spinmonkey probably preboards planes spinmonkey probably preboards planes spinmonkey probably preboards planes spinmonkey probably preboards planes spinmonkey probably preboards planes spinmonkey probably preboards planes spinmonkey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasStrong12 View Post
    Sam Khan Jr. ‏@skhanjr 2m2 minutes ago
    According to sources, Houston offensive line coach Derek Warehime will join Tom Herman's staff at Texas: http://es.pn/2gu1grL
    You always have the scoop, you punk lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MJY6087 View Post
    steve sarkisian as OC?? any chance?
    Great choice if you want to run a more traditional pro set style offense....

asshat The Tower Shaggy Bronze Club The Tower Shaggy Bronze Club The Tower Shaggy Bronze Club The Tower Shaggy Bronze Club The Tower Shaggy Bronze Club The Tower Shaggy Bronze Club The Tower Shaggy Bronze Club The Tower Shaggy Bronze Club The Tower Shaggy Bronze Club The Tower Shaggy Bronze Club The Tower Shaggy Bronze Club The Tower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RabidM View Post
    Well, I hope Houston's OL problems are strictly personnel\injury related because that line looked not good every time I saw them. Ward is very often running for his life back there.
    the OL was injured during the stretch when houston lost to smu and navy. they were fully healed when houston played louisville.

I'm not even a huge Herman homer, but I've heard a bunch of good things about Warehime.
    Looking at his resume, the running game has improved everywhere he's been.

Won a national title at Sam Houston State, with Tim Flanders. Coaching 2 AA along the OL.
    New Mexico improved from 100s to top 5 in rushing when he was there.

In his first season at Houston, Warehime oversaw a line that despite being forced to use 11 different lineups in 14 games due to injuries, led a team that finished the regular season ranked 13th nationally in rushing offense with 235.8 yards per game. Under Warehime’s leadership, Alex Cooper, who started at three different positions along the line, and Will Noble, a true freshman with his redshirt ripped off in the sixth game of the season, received season honors from The American. The two were part of a group that lost three starters to season-ending injuries and endured a total of 34 games lost due to injuries.

asshat Mother Mopar Shaggy Silver Club Mother Mopar Shaggy Silver Club Mother Mopar Shaggy Silver Club Mother Mopar Shaggy Silver Club Mother Mopar Shaggy Silver Club Mother Mopar Shaggy Silver Club Mother Mopar Shaggy Silver Club Mother Mopar Shaggy Silver Club Mother Mopar Shaggy Silver Club Mother Mopar Shaggy Silver Club Mother Mopar Shaggy Silver Club Mother Mopar's Avatar
    Sam Khan Jr. ‏@skhanjr 2m2 minutes ago
    According to sources, Houston offensive line coach Derek Warehime will join Tom Herman's staff at Texas: http://es.pn/2gu1grL
    Hornsports and Brainiacs are reporting the same.

Quote Originally Posted by RabidM View Post
    Well, I hope Houston's OL problems are strictly personnel\injury related because that line looked not good every time I saw them. Ward is very often running for his life back there.
    Sam Khan Jr. ‏@skhanjr 20m20 minutes ago
    @GTOphil @thelonghorns12 I thought he did a good job in 2015 w/a group that was young. This year injuries hit hard, weekly lineup changes.

ESPN reporter

If Oregon fires Mark Helfrich, which seems likely, http://www.espn.com/college-football...ch-report-says, he might be a good OC call. His run-first spread and up-tempo approach seems in line with what Herman likes to do.

asshat TJ Probably Shaggy upper class TJ Probably Shaggy upper class TJ Probably Shaggy upper class TJ Probably Shaggy upper class TJ Probably Shaggy upper class TJ Probably Shaggy upper class TJ Probably Shaggy upper class TJ Probably Shaggy upper class TJ Probably Shaggy upper class TJ Probably Shaggy upper class TJ Probably Shaggy upper class TJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aesculus Glabra View Post
    If Oregon fires Mark Helfrich, which seems likely, http://www.espn.com/college-football...ch-report-says, he might be a good OC call. His run-first spread and up-tempo approach seems in line with what Herman likes to do.
    Ooh $#@! yea.

I agree - Helfrich would be a great choice on paper.

asshat Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aesculus Glabra View Post
    So I guess chip Kelly back to the ducks if they pull the trigger. Otherwise why bother? Frost?

Quote Originally Posted by Duck of Death View Post
    So I guess chip Kelly back to the ducks if they pull the trigger. Otherwise why bother? Frost?
    Frost to Oregon, Charlie to UCF.

fucktard ChiLonghorn is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? ChiLonghorn is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? ChiLonghorn is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? ChiLonghorn is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? ChiLonghorn is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? ChiLonghorn is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? ChiLonghorn is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? ChiLonghorn is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares?
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck of Death View Post
    I'm hearing PJ Fleck to Oregon

Quote Originally Posted by ChiLonghorn View Post
    I'm hearing PJ Fleck to Oregon
    Oregon is that one hipster you know that is actually kinda cool.

asshat dcar00 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dcar00 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dcar00 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dcar00 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dcar00 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dcar00 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dcar00 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dcar00 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dcar00 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dcar00 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dcar00 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge?
    helfrich would be great as an OC but not sure about recruiting. please don't let this become mack brown asst retreads though...

asshat dark horse Shaggy Gold Club dark horse Shaggy Gold Club dark horse Shaggy Gold Club dark horse Shaggy Gold Club dark horse Shaggy Gold Club dark horse Shaggy Gold Club dark horse Shaggy Gold Club dark horse Shaggy Gold Club dark horse Shaggy Gold Club dark horse Shaggy Gold Club dark horse Shaggy Gold Club dark horse's Avatar

The Assistant Coach Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    Not in the big 12 since the spread came along
    Texas had a top 20 defense in 2014 so.....

asshat laga4 is a rep whore. laga4 is a rep whore. laga4 is a rep whore. laga4 is a rep whore. laga4 is a rep whore. laga4 is a rep whore. laga4 is a rep whore. laga4 is a rep whore. laga4 is a rep whore. laga4 is a rep whore. laga4 is a rep whore. laga4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dcar00 View Post
    helfrich would be great as an OC but not sure about recruiting. please don't let this become mack brown asst retreads though...
    I believe he recruited Mariota.
    Last edited by laga4; 11-27-2016 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gracklemann View Post
    I suppose Akina is happy at Stanford? Was sorry Strong let him go when he took over..
    That name came to mind every time I saw our secondary out of position this year.

asshat ghow Shaggy Bronze Club ghow Shaggy Bronze Club ghow Shaggy Bronze Club ghow Shaggy Bronze Club ghow Shaggy Bronze Club ghow Shaggy Bronze Club ghow Shaggy Bronze Club ghow Shaggy Bronze Club ghow Shaggy Bronze Club ghow Shaggy Bronze Club ghow Shaggy Bronze Club ghow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Richter View Post
    Yeah but not as a position coach.
    Maybe a coordinator then?

From reading this thread, sounds like we want to put Mack's staff back together. No?

asshat ghow Shaggy Bronze Club ghow Shaggy Bronze Club ghow Shaggy Bronze Club ghow Shaggy Bronze Club ghow Shaggy Bronze Club ghow Shaggy Bronze Club ghow Shaggy Bronze Club ghow Shaggy Bronze Club ghow Shaggy Bronze Club ghow Shaggy Bronze Club ghow Shaggy Bronze Club ghow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Orange View Post
    From reading this thread, sounds like we want to put Mack's staff back together. No?
    Well sounds like a "best of" Mack's staff.
    What about moorer. Seemed to do a good job. Weren't many season ending injuries. (Warren and Kirk?)

asshat HipHopopotamos has a gigantic e-peen. HipHopopotamos has a gigantic e-peen. HipHopopotamos has a gigantic e-peen. HipHopopotamos has a gigantic e-peen. HipHopopotamos has a gigantic e-peen. HipHopopotamos has a gigantic e-peen. HipHopopotamos has a gigantic e-peen. HipHopopotamos has a gigantic e-peen. HipHopopotamos has a gigantic e-peen. HipHopopotamos has a gigantic e-peen. HipHopopotamos has a gigantic e-peen. HipHopopotamos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ghow View Post
    Well sounds like a "best of" Mack's staff.
    What about moorer. Seemed to do a good job. Weren't many season ending injuries. (Warren and Kirk?)
    Pretty sure it's already been reported that Herman is bringing his S&C coach from Houston with him.

asshat mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dark horse View Post
    Texas had a top 20 defense in 2014 so.....
    No Texas was 26th... sooo once again you can't even get your facts straights so....

asshat South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dcar00 View Post
    please don't let this become mack brown asst retreads though...
    If I told you Herman could get Larry Mac Duff to coach linebackers,

bunghole Spindletop Shaggy Bronze Club Spindletop Shaggy Bronze Club Spindletop Shaggy Bronze Club Spindletop Shaggy Bronze Club Spindletop Shaggy Bronze Club Spindletop Shaggy Bronze Club Spindletop Shaggy Bronze Club Spindletop Shaggy Bronze Club Spindletop Shaggy Bronze Club Spindletop Shaggy Bronze Club Spindletop Shaggy Bronze Club Spindletop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by South Austin View Post
    If I told you Herman could get Larry Mac Duff to coach linebackers,

Can we get Manny Diaz back at DC?

Quote Originally Posted by laga4 View Post
    I believe he recruited Mariota.

Having lived on the west coast for nearly 15 years, I'm somewhat familiar with his recruitment. It was actually the opposite, Marriotta was so unhraealded, an asset at Oregon actually found him and later Helfrich got involved but Mariotta didn't really have to be sold on Oregon, rather he sold Oregon on him

oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2015/05/before_marcus_mariotas_stardom.html

asshat BSchoolProf Shaggy Silver Club BSchoolProf Shaggy Silver Club BSchoolProf Shaggy Silver Club BSchoolProf Shaggy Silver Club BSchoolProf Shaggy Silver Club BSchoolProf Shaggy Silver Club BSchoolProf Shaggy Silver Club BSchoolProf Shaggy Silver Club BSchoolProf Shaggy Silver Club BSchoolProf Shaggy Silver Club BSchoolProf Shaggy Silver Club BSchoolProf's Avatar
    So assuming Orlando stays at UH and LSU guy stays at LSU, who would you target for DC? I have no idea who the promising DCs are.

asshat dark horse Shaggy Gold Club dark horse Shaggy Gold Club dark horse Shaggy Gold Club dark horse Shaggy Gold Club dark horse Shaggy Gold Club dark horse Shaggy Gold Club dark horse Shaggy Gold Club dark horse Shaggy Gold Club dark horse Shaggy Gold Club dark horse Shaggy Gold Club dark horse Shaggy Gold Club dark horse's Avatar
    No Texas was 26th... sooo once again you can't even get your facts straights so....
    Adjusted stats $#@! for brains.

http://www.adjustedstats.com/ratings...014&team=Texas

Savant THujone Shaggy Platinum THujone Shaggy Platinum THujone Shaggy Platinum THujone Shaggy Platinum THujone Shaggy Platinum THujone Shaggy Platinum THujone Shaggy Platinum THujone Shaggy Platinum THujone Shaggy Platinum THujone Shaggy Platinum THujone Shaggy Platinum THujone's Avatar
    Spoiler!

asshat neonmoon44 Probably Shaggy upper class neonmoon44 Probably Shaggy upper class neonmoon44 Probably Shaggy upper class neonmoon44 Probably Shaggy upper class neonmoon44 Probably Shaggy upper class neonmoon44 Probably Shaggy upper class neonmoon44 Probably Shaggy upper class neonmoon44 Probably Shaggy upper class neonmoon44 Probably Shaggy upper class neonmoon44 Probably Shaggy upper class neonmoon44 Probably Shaggy upper class neonmoon44's Avatar
    Derek Warehime is a "nobody" in terms of résumé. At the same time we got "the best" OL coach in Wickline and that didn't work out so well. So who the $#@! knows

asshat mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong's Avatar
    What does this say $#@! for brains? Are you also dating it's easy to have a top 30 defense in the big 12? Please tell me you do so I can expose you too moron

What does this say $#@! for brains? Are you also dating it's easy to have a top 30 defense in the big 12? Please tell me you do so I can expose you too moron

Total defense isn't adjusted stats. Do you understand that? Yes?

Sounds like we're getting the old Mack gang back together again. It's better than the original staff Charlie brought, but would be slightly disappointing?

asshat maninblack Probably Shaggy upper class maninblack Probably Shaggy upper class maninblack Probably Shaggy upper class maninblack Probably Shaggy upper class maninblack Probably Shaggy upper class maninblack Probably Shaggy upper class maninblack Probably Shaggy upper class maninblack Probably Shaggy upper class maninblack Probably Shaggy upper class maninblack Probably Shaggy upper class maninblack Probably Shaggy upper class maninblack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neonmoon44 View Post
    Derek Warehime is a "nobody" in terms of résumé. At the same time we got "the best" OL coach in Wickline and that didn't work out so well. So who the $#@! knows
    If he can evaluate effectively for the scheme and we go heavy enough on numbers that kids can redshirt than he'll be successful

http://247sports.com/Article/Texas-L...earch-49326755

Now that Tom Herman is officially the new Texas coach, it’s time to sort out the new staff. In particular, coaches and agents are curious what Herman does with his offensive coordinator position.

We reported Friday that Major Applewhite, the former Longhorns quarterback and UT assistant who had been Herman’s OC at Houston, is unlikely to return to his alma mater. An ongoing legal matter in Austin has made him “ineligible for rehire” at Texas, a source reiterated Saturday.

Without Applewhite, who we’re told will at least interview to replace Herman at Houston, agents tell 247Sports that Herman will turn to a talented candidate pool to run the Horns offense. A year ago, Texas gave Tulsa’s Sterlin Gilbert a three-year deal at $875,000 per season - and Gilbert had never before been a college play-caller. So there’s $1 million-plus in play for the right option.

The early names to watch, we’re told: TCU OC Sonny $#@!bie, Auburn OC Rhett Lashlee, Clemson OC Jeff Scott and Oklahoma OC Lincoln Riley.

There’s also a chance that Gilbert could be retained, though that could be a long shot. ESPN reported Saturday night Herman would bring Cougars o-line coach Derek Warahime with him to Austin. Incumbent line coach Matt Mattox is close with Gilbert and was a package deal coming from Tulsa in January.

We’re also told Rice head coach David Bailiff, if he isn’t retained after a 3-8 season, could be a candidate for an assistant position. Bailiff has been a defensive assistant historically, but he was an offensive lineman as a player.

Florida State assistant Tim Brewster is likely coming on board in some capacity, we’ve been told. Brewster, No. 10 in the 2016 247Sports Recruiter Rankings, has been a tight ends coach for the bulk of his career, but he did coach receivers at Ole Miss.

The tight end/special teams job at Texas had been manned by Jeff Traylor, the former Lone Star State high school coach who has excelled as a recruiter.

So two different 9.95ers contradicting each other on the OC? I'm stunned.

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielsHorn View Post
    Sounds like we're getting the old Mack gang back together again. It's better than the original staff Charlie brought, but would be slightly disappointing?
    It would be disappointing to me but I agree it would be a better start than Charlie's first staff.

asshat js Shaggy Platinum js Shaggy Platinum js Shaggy Platinum js Shaggy Platinum js Shaggy Platinum js Shaggy Platinum js Shaggy Platinum js Shaggy Platinum js Shaggy Platinum js Shaggy Platinum js Shaggy Platinum
    Quote Originally Posted by GabrielsHorn View Post
    What's Bobby Kennedy up to? We're getting the band back together!

Total defense isn't adjusted stats. Do you understand that? Yes?
    and you understand that adjusted stats incorporate yards per play? and teams in this league that run the spread have more plays per game than any other league. now explain how that is more important than points, TOP and yards...ill wait

do think that the big12 is the hardest league in which to play good defense? your answer will tell me all i need to know

and you understand that adjusted stats incorporate yards per play? and teams in this league that run the spread have more plays per game than any other league. now explain how that is more important than points, TOP and yards...ill wait

do think that the big12 is the hardest league in which to play good defense? your answer will tell me all i need to know
    Here's another:
    http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ncaadef2014

Feel free to check points per possession as well. That's far more important than raw points.

Of course it's the hardest league to play defense. That doesn't mean you can't have a highly ranked defense, as numerous people have pointed out to you.

Was hoping Tim Beck was a real possibility. Oh well.

asshat dluens is a rep whore. dluens is a rep whore. dluens is a rep whore. dluens is a rep whore. dluens is a rep whore. dluens is a rep whore. dluens is a rep whore. dluens is a rep whore. dluens is a rep whore. dluens is a rep whore. dluens is a rep whore. dluens's Avatar
    You guys $#@!ting on the Mack retreads might have forgotten how good a recruiter Brewster is. This is one of Herman's most important hires IMO other than the DC.

Brewster would be amazeballs.

bunghole elnimo grows his own roses elnimo grows his own roses elnimo grows his own roses elnimo grows his own roses elnimo grows his own roses elnimo grows his own roses elnimo grows his own roses elnimo grows his own roses elnimo grows his own roses elnimo grows his own roses elnimo grows his own roses
    Fat Dog to assistant head coach for buffets?

asshat Wade Garrett Shaggy Bronze Club Wade Garrett Shaggy Bronze Club Wade Garrett Shaggy Bronze Club Wade Garrett Shaggy Bronze Club Wade Garrett Shaggy Bronze Club Wade Garrett Shaggy Bronze Club Wade Garrett Shaggy Bronze Club Wade Garrett Shaggy Bronze Club Wade Garrett Shaggy Bronze Club Wade Garrett Shaggy Bronze Club Wade Garrett Shaggy Bronze Club Wade Garrett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by js View Post
    What's Bobby Kennedy up to? We're getting the band back together!
    Don't forget "Old-Freak-Nasty."

asshat Spur08 Shaggy Silver Club Spur08 Shaggy Silver Club Spur08 Shaggy Silver Club Spur08 Shaggy Silver Club Spur08 Shaggy Silver Club Spur08 Shaggy Silver Club Spur08 Shaggy Silver Club Spur08 Shaggy Silver Club Spur08 Shaggy Silver Club Spur08 Shaggy Silver Club Spur08 Shaggy Silver Club Spur08's Avatar
    http://247sports.com/Article/Texas-L...earch-49326755

The early names to watch, we’re told: TCU OC Sonny $#@!bie, Auburn OC Rhett Lashlee, Clemson OC Jeff Scott and Oklahoma OC Lincoln Riley.
    $#@! this. OU sux

IT says Orlando, Warehime, Giles, Applewhite, Brewster. Overall okay I guess. We'll see.
    I'm not a big fan of Orlando. I think we need better.

Here's another:
    http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ncaadef2014

Feel free to check points per possession as well. That's far more important than raw points.

Of course it's the hardest league to play defense. That doesn't mean you can't have a highly ranked defense, as numerous people have pointed out to you.
    no one person other than you have said it's easy to have a top ranked defense in the big 12, all coaches also agree with me. since you think some random adjustments such as playing in a power 5 conference somehow are relevant to an argument when you are comparing this league to others is ridiculous. real stats are real stats, now look at reality below and explain how the 2014 Texas defense was a top 10 defense. lets not even talk about the fact that the big12 has never had two teams in the top 20 since TCU entered the league.

And let's not talk about the fact that kansas state is this years highest ranked big 12 defense at 54th. and last year OU was top ranked at 39th. and please ignore the numbers below to prove how texas was a top 10 defense in 2014. points per possession doesn't mean a damn thing when the teams we are playing run more plays than any other major conference. even if points per possession is lower than others, when they run more plays per game than other conferences guess what? they score more points!

texas 2014

Total Defense - 26th
    Total Points Allowed - 32nd
    Total Yards - 33rd
    Turnover Margin - 84th
    Passes Defended - 74th
    Opponent 4th down conversion - 73rd
    Rushing allowed - 63rd
    Passing allowed - 19th

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — The worst job in football? Big 12 defensive coordinator.

Just ask TCU coach Gary Patterson.

"The worst job maybe in America right now is the defensive coordinator, especially in the Big 12," Patterson said this week after his Horned Frogs gave up 52 points in a loss to Oklahoma. "Basically you're going to make about 70 calls in 20 seconds and you're going to be evaluated every seven days, and by the next day whether you did a very good job or not."

The Horned Frogs aren't alone. Big 12 defenses are suffering every week.

Eight of the league's 10 teams rank No. 77 or lower nationally in total defense as the yards and points come in bunches. Six rank No. 67 or lower in scoring allowed. Four of those — Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas Tech and Texas — all surrender more than 35 points or more per game.

And it could get worse.

Most of those ugly stats were built against non-conference opponents. The league's high-powered offenses are just getting warmed up as only Baylor and Oklahoma State have played more than one conference game.
    For some coaches, it's not the game they love.

"It's beyond ridiculous. The way (offenses) run to the line of scrimmage and the referee has to run out of there to snap the football. To me, that's not football," Oklahoma defensive coordinator Mike Stoops said. "What they're doing to football is tough, it's difficult. I don't even know what to call it anymore; I really don't."

The Big 12 has had breakneck offenses for years, of course — it just seems that the defenses haven't caught up. The last time a Big 12 team ranked in the top 10 in total defense was in 2010, when Texas was No. 6 (TCU was No. 1 that season but didn't join the league until 2012).

The Longhorns were No. 3 in total defense in 2009 when they played for the national title. When Oklahoma won the 2000 national championship, the Sooners had a top 10 unit peppered with big-time playmakers.

Those days of rock'em, sock'em Big 12 defenses are ancient history, Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy said.

"Defensive statistics are not what they used to be and they're not ever going to go back to the way it used to be," Gundy said. His Cowboys beat Texas 49-31 in a game that passed 1,000 yards of total offense.

"Offenses play fast ... There's more speed on the perimeter ... (And) we're back in a trend here where we've got fantastic quarterbacks playing in this league. When that happens, they're going to run up 400-500 yards. That's just the way it is," Gundy said.
    http://collegefootball.ap.org/articl...lly-no-defense
    Last edited by mileslong; 11-27-2016 at 11:47 AM.

bunghole Hook'Em0608 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Hook'Em0608 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Hook'Em0608 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Hook'Em0608 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Hook'Em0608 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Hook'Em0608 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Hook'Em0608 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Hook'Em0608 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Hook'Em0608 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Hook'Em0608 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Hook'Em0608 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night.
    Quote Originally Posted by warmfront View Post
    I'm not a big fan of Orlando. I think we need better.

He isn't a huge name but he has plenty experience scheming against the spread pretty effectively. Granted at smaller schools. Am I missing something with him?

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 4 of 72 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 ... LastLast