+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 73 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 ... LastLast

Thread: The Assistant Coach Thread

Quote Originally Posted by r2k3982 View Post
    Is he bringing Oliver?
    No but he's getting a talent upgrade everywhere else.

asshat dcar00 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dcar00 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dcar00 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dcar00 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dcar00 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dcar00 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dcar00 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dcar00 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dcar00 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dcar00 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dcar00 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge?
    Quote Originally Posted by maninblack View Post
    I'm surprised we haven't seen Wyatt's name considering his familiarity with UT and the state.

I wonder if he's thinking about the OC job at Houston
    I'm sure Herman is seeing if Major or Orlando gets the gig. I just can't see Major coming so it is possible he comes as OC/WR coach. he is supposedly a recruiting rainmaker and Herman would want him but not sure if he wants him as OC.

Major is the wildcard. I think he'd already be announced if Bev Kearney didn't exist.

Will someone indulge my laziness, please. I don't want to wade through the serious analysis and hand wringing of six pages.

Is there a summary of who may become coordinators and position coaches? On the recruiting board last night the possibility of OC Beck from OSU was mentioned.

Pos rep to anyone who summarizes. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by RomaVicta View Post
    Will someone indulge my laziness, please. I don't want to wade through the serious analysis and hand wringing of six pages.

Is there a summary of who may become coordinators and position coaches? On the recruiting board last night the possibility of OC Beck from OSU was mentioned.

Pos rep to anyone who summarizes. Thanks!
    InsideTexas' predictions re: new staff hires:

HC/ST: Tom Herman (UH)
    OC: Major Applewhite (UH)
    OL: Derek Warehime (UH)
    DC/LB: Todd Orlando (UH)
    DL: Oscar Giles (UH)
    TE: Tim Brewster (FSU) Corby Meekins (UH)
    DB: Craig Naivar (UH)

No word regarding WR coach.
    Last edited by sarvanaash; 11-27-2016 at 02:33 PM.

asshat taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20's Avatar
    I wonder if there will be any hints at the presser

asshat Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tx 3 putt View Post
    Why would Herman go out and get 'name' coaches he's never worked with before ?

He needs to turn around this train wreck ASAP. Surround yourself with good people that you know
    Train wreck? Chuck rebuilt the whole thing. From 8-4 to 5-7 with a loss to the worst team in college football. Rimbo could coach this team to te playoffs next year!

Thanks, amigo. I must say that I was more interested in Beck than Major. Maybe Major can get the Houston job.

Lotta UH guys, now I understand some of the controversy.

asshat r2k3982 Shaggy Gold Club r2k3982 Shaggy Gold Club r2k3982 Shaggy Gold Club r2k3982 Shaggy Gold Club r2k3982 Shaggy Gold Club r2k3982 Shaggy Gold Club r2k3982 Shaggy Gold Club r2k3982 Shaggy Gold Club r2k3982 Shaggy Gold Club r2k3982 Shaggy Gold Club r2k3982 Shaggy Gold Club r2k3982's Avatar
    Taking a bunch of your staff from Houston is lame as $#@!. Herman needs to be less Charlie Strong and more Nick Saban. Saban loads up on recruits and coaches.

FSU247 reporting that Herman has had no contact with Brewster. Apparently Herman wants to bring in Corby Meekins, the Houston TE coach, to replace Jeff Traylor (IT).

asshat Hank_Hill Shaggy Gold Club Hank_Hill Shaggy Gold Club Hank_Hill Shaggy Gold Club Hank_Hill Shaggy Gold Club Hank_Hill Shaggy Gold Club Hank_Hill Shaggy Gold Club Hank_Hill Shaggy Gold Club Hank_Hill Shaggy Gold Club Hank_Hill Shaggy Gold Club Hank_Hill Shaggy Gold Club Hank_Hill Shaggy Gold Club Hank_Hill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sarvanaash View Post
    FSU247 reporting that Herman has had no contact with Brewster. Apparently he wants to bring in Corby Meekins, the Houston TE coach, to replace Jeff Traylor.
    $#@! that.

asshat Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain's Avatar
    Lulz. Second verse... same as the first.

asshat HipHopopotamos has a gigantic e-peen. HipHopopotamos has a gigantic e-peen. HipHopopotamos has a gigantic e-peen. HipHopopotamos has a gigantic e-peen. HipHopopotamos has a gigantic e-peen. HipHopopotamos has a gigantic e-peen. HipHopopotamos has a gigantic e-peen. HipHopopotamos has a gigantic e-peen. HipHopopotamos has a gigantic e-peen. HipHopopotamos has a gigantic e-peen. HipHopopotamos has a gigantic e-peen. HipHopopotamos's Avatar
    FSU247 reporting that Herman has had no contact with Brewster. Apparently Herman wants to bring in Corby Meekins, the Houston TE coach, to replace Jeff Traylor (IT).
    Can't be $#@!ing serious.

One of the pitfalls of hiring a young coach is that he doesn't have the coaching connections older coaches have. Hard to blame him for not wanting to hire coaches he doesn't know.

asshat drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117's Avatar
    Taking a bunch of your staff from Houston is lame as $#@!. Herman needs to be less Charlie Strong and more Nick Saban. Saban loads up on recruits and coaches.
    Cool, except Herman is not Saban. He's had 2 years as a head coach. He doesn't have the name or success Saban had/has to pull in big name coaches.

I'm not giddy about him bribing his staff complete from Houston, BUT that staff is part of the reason everyone was sliding his balls this whole time.

You gotta take what Herman wants to do or bitch and moan.

asshat Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JOSEYWALES66 View Post
    One of the pitfalls of hiring a young coach is that he doesn't have the coaching connections older coaches have. Hard to blame him for not wanting to hire coaches he doesn't know.
    Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Nope.

asshat Stringer Shaggy Bronze Club Stringer Shaggy Bronze Club Stringer Shaggy Bronze Club Stringer Shaggy Bronze Club Stringer Shaggy Bronze Club Stringer Shaggy Bronze Club Stringer Shaggy Bronze Club Stringer Shaggy Bronze Club Stringer Shaggy Bronze Club Stringer Shaggy Bronze Club Stringer Shaggy Bronze Club Stringer's Avatar
    I'd really like to see a real ST coach. I'm tired of getting our asses kicked in that phase every week.

asshat taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20's Avatar
    Considering meekins was coming to Austin today, that makes sense

asshat HipHopopotamos has a gigantic e-peen. HipHopopotamos has a gigantic e-peen. HipHopopotamos has a gigantic e-peen. HipHopopotamos has a gigantic e-peen. HipHopopotamos has a gigantic e-peen. HipHopopotamos has a gigantic e-peen. HipHopopotamos has a gigantic e-peen. HipHopopotamos has a gigantic e-peen. HipHopopotamos has a gigantic e-peen. HipHopopotamos has a gigantic e-peen. HipHopopotamos has a gigantic e-peen. HipHopopotamos's Avatar
    Other than recruiting one of his former players, whose brother already played there, what has Meekins done to be excited about?

Corby Meekins would be an okay hire if Ed Oliver was apart of the 17 recruiting class lol

Intellectual Rocko20 Probably Shaggy upper class Rocko20 Probably Shaggy upper class Rocko20 Probably Shaggy upper class Rocko20 Probably Shaggy upper class Rocko20 Probably Shaggy upper class Rocko20 Probably Shaggy upper class Rocko20 Probably Shaggy upper class Rocko20 Probably Shaggy upper class Rocko20 Probably Shaggy upper class Rocko20 Probably Shaggy upper class Rocko20 Probably Shaggy upper class Rocko20's Avatar
    Herman has earned the benefit of a doubt

asshat BSchoolProf has a gigantic e-peen. BSchoolProf has a gigantic e-peen. BSchoolProf has a gigantic e-peen. BSchoolProf has a gigantic e-peen. BSchoolProf has a gigantic e-peen. BSchoolProf has a gigantic e-peen. BSchoolProf has a gigantic e-peen. BSchoolProf has a gigantic e-peen. BSchoolProf has a gigantic e-peen. BSchoolProf has a gigantic e-peen. BSchoolProf has a gigantic e-peen. BSchoolProf's Avatar
    InsideTexas' predictions re: new staff hires:

HC/ST: Tom Herman (UH)
    OC: Major Applewhite (UH)
    OL: Derek Warehime (UH)
    DC/LB: Todd Orlando (UH)
    DL: Oscar Giles (UH)
    TE: Tim Brewster (FSU) Corby Meekins (UH)
    DB: Craig Naivar (UH)

meh. This seems very Strong like.

shaggy has never met an assistant coach they like outside of Brewster

asshat longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. longhornfrenzy#1fan can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
    Not really

Just win baby win

Sinner BurntOrangeSatire, LLC. Shaggy Platinum BurntOrangeSatire, LLC. Shaggy Platinum BurntOrangeSatire, LLC. Shaggy Platinum BurntOrangeSatire, LLC. Shaggy Platinum BurntOrangeSatire, LLC. Shaggy Platinum BurntOrangeSatire, LLC. Shaggy Platinum BurntOrangeSatire, LLC. Shaggy Platinum BurntOrangeSatire, LLC. Shaggy Platinum BurntOrangeSatire, LLC. Shaggy Platinum BurntOrangeSatire, LLC. Shaggy Platinum BurntOrangeSatire, LLC. Shaggy Platinum BurntOrangeSatire, LLC.'s Avatar
    The one who can teach them to catch pls.

Quote Originally Posted by BSchoolProf View Post
    Mhmm this song is stuck on repeat

Quote Originally Posted by BurntOrangeSatire, LLC. View Post
    Possibly even run solid crisp routes

Sabans first year at Alabama, OC:Major Applewhite DC: Kevin Steele

Quote Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
    That's what some people said about Watson/Wickline.

asshat Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt's Avatar
    It's all mental. Need to hire that motivational speaker with huge teeth.

asshat js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorTexasFan View Post
    That's what some people said about Watson/Wickline.
    At the moment, I'm super underwhelmed. Just feels like he's bringing his buddies over like Charlie did. That didn't turn out well.

asshat dcar00 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dcar00 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dcar00 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dcar00 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dcar00 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dcar00 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dcar00 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dcar00 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dcar00 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dcar00 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dcar00 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmore View Post
    Bailiff was DC at TCU before taking the head job at Texas State
    got it. makes it interesting. he's been in texas a long time.

asshat RabidM Shaggy Bronze Club RabidM Shaggy Bronze Club RabidM Shaggy Bronze Club RabidM Shaggy Bronze Club RabidM Shaggy Bronze Club RabidM Shaggy Bronze Club RabidM Shaggy Bronze Club RabidM Shaggy Bronze Club RabidM Shaggy Bronze Club RabidM Shaggy Bronze Club RabidM Shaggy Bronze Club
    I hope a couple of those coaches won't be on the field assistants. Open checkbook, need to bring in some heavy hitters. Money whip someone... what good is all this cash if we don't use it?

Quote Originally Posted by RabidM View Post
    I hope a couple of those coaches won't be on the field assistants. Open checkbook, need to bring in some heavy hitters. Money whip someone... what good is all this cash if we don't use it?
    Paying off buyouts for failed coaches.

asshat SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club
    Quote Originally Posted by js View Post
    At the moment, I'm super underwhelmed. Just feels like he's bringing his buddies over like Charlie did. That didn't turn out well.
    Trying to be positive, but we've seen this show before

Sinner BurntOrangeSatire, LLC. Shaggy Platinum BurntOrangeSatire, LLC. Shaggy Platinum BurntOrangeSatire, LLC. Shaggy Platinum BurntOrangeSatire, LLC. Shaggy Platinum BurntOrangeSatire, LLC. Shaggy Platinum BurntOrangeSatire, LLC. Shaggy Platinum BurntOrangeSatire, LLC. Shaggy Platinum BurntOrangeSatire, LLC. Shaggy Platinum BurntOrangeSatire, LLC. Shaggy Platinum BurntOrangeSatire, LLC. Shaggy Platinum BurntOrangeSatire, LLC. Shaggy Platinum BurntOrangeSatire, LLC.'s Avatar
    Isn't the coaching market this year pretty stale to begin with anyway? We just dumped an OC and OLine coach after being in Austin for not even a full year. Texas might not look very attractive compared to what more desirable assistant coaches are getting at their current gigs.

We should just assume Wyatt. I mean why even go outside you're current staff? Couldn't possibly be better options available than what's on staff at Houston.

asshat RabidM Shaggy Bronze Club RabidM Shaggy Bronze Club RabidM Shaggy Bronze Club RabidM Shaggy Bronze Club RabidM Shaggy Bronze Club RabidM Shaggy Bronze Club RabidM Shaggy Bronze Club RabidM Shaggy Bronze Club RabidM Shaggy Bronze Club RabidM Shaggy Bronze Club RabidM Shaggy Bronze Club
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorTexasFan View Post
    Paying off buyouts for failed coaches.
    We supposedly already had the funds ready for that. Going cheap on assistants would be asinine to start out a new regime. I suspect Herman just wants the people he trusts, but so did Strong. At least we have some evidence that this new staff could beat quality teams, plus no Shawn Watson. Still, it's disappointing we didn't keep Traylor and if we don't get Brewster... furk.

asshat softlynow Shaggy Silver Club softlynow Shaggy Silver Club softlynow Shaggy Silver Club softlynow Shaggy Silver Club softlynow Shaggy Silver Club softlynow Shaggy Silver Club softlynow Shaggy Silver Club softlynow Shaggy Silver Club softlynow Shaggy Silver Club softlynow Shaggy Silver Club softlynow Shaggy Silver Club
    IIRC, Charlie brought 3 guys from Louisville (Watson, Beford, BJM). As of now there are 5 thought to be headed here from UH (Warehime, Giles, Naivar, Washington, Meekins), with 2 more possible (both coordinators).

Quote Originally Posted by BSchoolProf View Post
    if that is it, it is a bit underwhelming but whatever. Don't know enough about Orlando to know if he is meh/Watson-like or not. It's Herman's gig so hopefully he has a plan.

asshat r2k3982 Shaggy Gold Club r2k3982 Shaggy Gold Club r2k3982 Shaggy Gold Club r2k3982 Shaggy Gold Club r2k3982 Shaggy Gold Club r2k3982 Shaggy Gold Club r2k3982 Shaggy Gold Club r2k3982 Shaggy Gold Club r2k3982 Shaggy Gold Club r2k3982 Shaggy Gold Club r2k3982 Shaggy Gold Club r2k3982's Avatar
    Overpaying mediocre coaches gets mediocre results and gets your ass fired. See: Charlie Strong

"Michelle Herman @belletjh
    Back to where the dream began #HookEm @CoachTomHerman"

So Meekins was the head coach at a Houston HS that was anti texas and puts out its fairshare of elite talent. Bringing that guy to Texas is considered a lazy/bad move?

For those who are down on Corby Meekins, remember a few things:

- He's the former head coach at Westfield HS. In fact, he's been the one responsible for pushing Westfield recruits away from Texas and A&M in recent years. Hiring him gives us that pipeline into Westfield and strengthens our recruiting ties in Houston.

- He is the former Regional President of the Texas HSCA. Very well-regarded by Texas high school football coaches.

asshat maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack's Avatar
    Overpaying mediocre coaches gets mediocre results and gets your assistance fired. See: Charlie Strong
    Assistants

Quote Originally Posted by maninblack View Post
    Assistants
    I typed ass but autocorrect changed it
    Last edited by r2k3982; 11-27-2016 at 03:02 PM.

lol you people let the $9.95s teases you with "money whip a super staff" narrative yet again and now you're disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by softlynow View Post
    IIRC, Charlie brought 3 guys from Louisville (Watson, Beford, BJM). As of now there are 5 thought to be headed here from UH (Warehime, Giles, Naivar, Washington, Meekins), with 2 more possible (both coordinators).
    I was hoping for a guy who would say.."I just got my dream gig, where can I upgrade". maybe that will still happen. I think Mack only brought Davis with him from UNC if I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by RabidM View Post
    We supposedly already had the funds ready for that. Going cheap on assistants would be asinine to start out a new regime. I suspect Herman just wants the people he trusts, but so did Strong. At least we have some evidence that this new staff could beat quality teams, plus no Shawn Watson. Still, it's disappointing we didn't keep Traylor and if we don't get Brewster... furk.
    I completely agree. Just being ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by dcar00 View Post
    I was hoping for a guy who would say.."I just got my dream gig, where can I upgrade". maybe that will still happen. I think Mack only brought Davis with him from UNC if I recall.
    maybe he doesn't consider other coaches an upgrade

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 7 of 73 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 ... LastLast