+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's predict the Big 12 ***AS OF THIS MOMENT***

asshat spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class
    Damn dude, you don't have to defend your decision to go to the game. It's cool.

asshat TrouserTrout might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TrouserTrout might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TrouserTrout might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TrouserTrout might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TrouserTrout might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TrouserTrout might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TrouserTrout might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TrouserTrout might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TrouserTrout might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TrouserTrout might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TrouserTrout might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TrouserTrout's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spystud13 View Post
    Damn dude, you don't have to defend your decision to go to the game. It's cool.
    Well on the football board they thought I went to Baylor and am a sock for a banned Baylor poster so it's kinda made me go overboard

It won't surprise me if Baylor has some first place votes this week.

asshat TrouserTrout might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TrouserTrout might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TrouserTrout might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TrouserTrout might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TrouserTrout might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TrouserTrout might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TrouserTrout might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TrouserTrout might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TrouserTrout might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TrouserTrout might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TrouserTrout might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TrouserTrout's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
    It won't surprise me if Baylor has some first place votes this week.
    KU at 3 and BU at 4 (with 6 #1 votes) most first place votes behind Villanova.

WVU at 15; one spot behind UVA who they just beat. ISU is at 25 and TCU got 33 votes which would be 29th.

Is the Big 12 the best conference in the country this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Horns RD Standard View Post
    Is the Big 12 the best conference in the country this year?
    Silly question; the Big 12 is always the best conference we just can't really perform in the Tourney. The ACC likes to think it is the best though.

We need someone in the conference to now bow out in the first round to a double digit seed, cough, cough, Baylor, Baylor.

We need someone in the conference to now bow out in the first round to a double digit seed, cough, cough, Baylor, Baylor.
    Them and ISU right before them last year. Then you also have KU having the mark of "when making your bracket don't put them in the EE"

Let's predict the Big 12 ***AS OF THIS MOMENT***

Quote Originally Posted by TrouserTrout View Post
    Them and ISU right before them last year. Then you also have KU having the mark of "when making your bracket don't put them in the EE"
    Wait that BU ISU thing was when they were three seeds two years ago. Hard to keep up with the Big 12 failure in the Tourney.

asshat Al_4_ISU Shaggy Silver Club Al_4_ISU Shaggy Silver Club Al_4_ISU Shaggy Silver Club Al_4_ISU Shaggy Silver Club Al_4_ISU Shaggy Silver Club Al_4_ISU Shaggy Silver Club Al_4_ISU Shaggy Silver Club Al_4_ISU Shaggy Silver Club Al_4_ISU Shaggy Silver Club Al_4_ISU Shaggy Silver Club Al_4_ISU Shaggy Silver Club Al_4_ISU's Avatar
    I think Baylor has choked as a high seed the past 2 seasons. We did it in '14-'15. Sweet 16 last year.

asshat Al_4_ISU Shaggy Silver Club Al_4_ISU Shaggy Silver Club Al_4_ISU Shaggy Silver Club Al_4_ISU Shaggy Silver Club Al_4_ISU Shaggy Silver Club Al_4_ISU Shaggy Silver Club Al_4_ISU Shaggy Silver Club Al_4_ISU Shaggy Silver Club Al_4_ISU Shaggy Silver Club Al_4_ISU Shaggy Silver Club Al_4_ISU Shaggy Silver Club Al_4_ISU's Avatar
    No matter what happens the rest of the year, we'll at least have this gif from last night's game.

asshat jhawk Shaggy Silver Club jhawk Shaggy Silver Club jhawk Shaggy Silver Club jhawk Shaggy Silver Club jhawk Shaggy Silver Club jhawk Shaggy Silver Club jhawk Shaggy Silver Club jhawk Shaggy Silver Club jhawk Shaggy Silver Club jhawk Shaggy Silver Club jhawk Shaggy Silver Club jhawk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Al_4_ISU View Post
    No matter what happens the rest of the year, we'll at least have this gif from last night's game.

There a lot of muff divers down in Ames? NTTAWWT, I just want to know for science.

$#@! the Hawks.

There a lot of muff divers down in Ames? NTTAWWT, I just want to know for science.
    In my day the muff divers were softball players.

asshat Red Five Shaggy Gold Club Red Five Shaggy Gold Club Red Five Shaggy Gold Club Red Five Shaggy Gold Club Red Five Shaggy Gold Club Red Five Shaggy Gold Club Red Five Shaggy Gold Club Red Five Shaggy Gold Club Red Five Shaggy Gold Club Red Five Shaggy Gold Club Red Five Shaggy Gold Club Red Five's Avatar

We might be the 9th place team.

We just got our ass kicked by a bad Iowa team

We might be the 9th place team.

We just got our ass kicked by a bad Iowa team
    Yeah, that's a horrible loss. Over confident?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHoffa View Post
    Yeah, that's a horrible loss. Over confident?
    Yeah. Morris was running his $#@!ing mouth after the game. Saying some $#@! like "yeah, they won. But they know we're the better team."

What the $#@! is that $#@!? You're not the better team. They worked you like a rented mule. I hope those $#@!suckers are running until they puke today. We're officially a bubble team now, jack ass.

Yeah. Morris was running his $#@!ing mouth after the game. Saying some $#@! like "yeah, they won. But they know we're the better team."

What the $#@! is that $#@!? You're not the better team. They worked you like a rented mule. I hope those $#@!suckers are running until they puke today. We're officially a bubble team now, jack ass.
    You'll get wins thanks to Hilton Magic in conference but damn that'd be a drop off if y'all don't make the field.

Kansas Carlton Bragg Jr pushes girl down stairs
    http://m.kusports.com/news/2016/dec/...mplates=mobile

University of Kansas basketball player Carlton Bragg Jr. was arrested and charged with battery on Friday, after reportedly striking a woman and pushing her down the stairs. He pleaded not guilty later the same day.

Bragg, 20, is a 6-foot-10-inch sophomore forward from Cleveland, and a 2015 McDonald’s High School All-American, according to the KU men’s basketball roster.

In light of Friday’s incident, Bragg will not play in Saturday’s game against the University of Nebraska, head coach Bill Self said Friday evening, in a statement. Self did not say how long the suspension would last.

“Carlton and I have spoken,” Self said. “He certainly understands the circumstances surrounding this issue. We are taking this charge very seriously; we’re going to hold him out from competition as we continue to gather facts.”

Bragg was charged in Douglas County District Court with one count of battery, a misdemeanor, according to the District Attorney’s Office. He pleaded not guilty Friday afternoon, appearing in court via video from the Douglas County Jail.

Bragg’s bond was set at $500, and he was released from jail later that afternoon. As a condition of his release, Bragg is to have no contact with the alleged victim in the case.

Bragg’s attorney, Hatem Chahine, said Bragg had no criminal history and would cooperate with the court process.

“I assure you he wants to get this resolved,” Chahine said.

Chahine said in court and reiterated to reporters after the hearing that Bragg has no desire to contact the alleged victim.

“He has no problems with following the no-contact order in this case,” Chahine said.

Chahine is a partner with the Fletcher Rohrbaugh and Chahine law firm, with offices in Lawrence and Olathe. He said he took the case Friday and declined to answer who reached out to him or elaborate more on the battery allegations.

Bragg’s charges stemmed from a 911 call placed about 1 a.m. Friday, according to an announcement from District Attorney Charles Branson.

Lawrence police responded, and the caller told officers that her boyfriend struck her and pushed her down stairs during an argument in the 1000 block of Emery Road, Branson said. That area of Emery Road, near the KU campus, is home to several apartment buildings and fraternity and sorority houses.

Bragg was suspected of using alcohol and drugs, according to the front page of the Lawrence Police Department’s report. The report indicated that the victim’s injuries were not severe.

She is a KU student, according to the university directory.

Battery is knowingly or recklessly causing bodily harm to another person, or causing physical contact with another person in a rude, insulting or angry manner, according to the Kansas statute.

The crime is punishable by a fine or jail time up to six months.

Bragg was booked into jail about 6 a.m. Friday, initially on suspicion of domestic battery, according to Douglas County Sheriff’s Office records.

However, Branson noted that the relationship between Bragg and the victim did not meet the statutory requirements for domestic battery.

Under the state’s domestic battery statute, a girlfriend would only qualify if she and the suspect lived together, had lived together in the past, had a child together or if she was pregnant and the suspect was alleged to be the father.

Separate from criminal proceedings, Bragg could face discipline by KU if he were found to have violated university rules.

Leaders from the KU police department and KU student affairs department were seen entering the district attorney’s office shortly before Bragg’s hearing on Friday, but they were not present in the courtroom. KU public affairs representatives did not respond Friday to a Journal-World inquiry asking whether university officials were investigating the incident.

However, according to KU’s Code of Student Rights and Responsibilities, intimate partner violence violates the code, and students found responsible for it could be subject to discipline whether the violence occurred on campus or off. KU has jurisdiction to investigate and adjudicate such complaints if they involve two students and the alleged violence affects one’s on-campus safety, according to the code.

KU also considers dating or intimate partner violence a form of sexual harassment under Federal Title IX and related federal rules, according to the university’s sexual harassment and sexual violence procedure document. Title IX prohibits sex-based discrimination in education and requires universities to investigate and adjudicate reports of sexual harassment and sexual violence on their campuses.

In such cases, university investigators determine responsibility for violations based on a preponderance of the evidence, meaning allegations are more likely than not to have occurred. Courts of law convict when a suspect is determined to be guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

Bragg’s next court appearance is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. Dec. 27.

Looks like someone who is sorry for their crime. How long do you think he is suspended for? Until conference play?

He sure looks remorseful. Prolly felt threatened and just overreacted.

asshat jhawk Shaggy Silver Club jhawk Shaggy Silver Club jhawk Shaggy Silver Club jhawk Shaggy Silver Club jhawk Shaggy Silver Club jhawk Shaggy Silver Club jhawk Shaggy Silver Club jhawk Shaggy Silver Club jhawk Shaggy Silver Club jhawk Shaggy Silver Club jhawk Shaggy Silver Club jhawk's Avatar
    Didn't read the article but apparently he pushed his girlfriend down some stairs. She was also apparently arrested but then not charged.

Quote Originally Posted by jhawk View Post
    Didn't read the article but apparently he pushed his girlfriend down some stairs. She was also apparently arrested but then not charged.
    Does he even play significant minutes for the team?

Baylor is currently #1 in RPI.

Self will do the wrong thing but somehow get praised by the media for doing the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Derka View Post
    Baylor is currently #1 in RPI.
    Hard not to be when you've played–and won against–the schedule they've had.

Still is KU's conference to lose but they seem strong in the area where KU is weakest and might be able to hold their water against Mason and Graham.
    Last edited by TrouserTrout; 12-11-2016 at 10:54 PM.

Let's also make sure this remains the banner for the thread on tapa.

Does he even play significant minutes for the team?
    He is slated to this year. He hasn't taken teh jump he was expected to but we don't have much depth on the front line. The best way to put it is that his body is the most prepared and his skill set is the most developed. We are struggling to get boards and score inside. Without him it won't get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Teeth View Post
    Self will do the wrong thing but somehow get praised by the media for doing the right thing.
    I expect him to be off the team. If this was indeed a fight where he instigated then he has to go. There is a story out there that she has done this multiple times to multiple athletes (instigates then collapses when they yell back) and that might throw a twist in it but I think he should be gone. The other odd twist is that her brother is actually in prison for pledging allegiance to ISIS. I'll look up that stuff and post it. Her dad is a bad dude too.

There is a story out there that she has done this multiple times to multiple athletes (instigates then collapses when they yell back) and that might throw a twist in it but I think he should be gone. The other odd twist is that her brother is actually in prison for pledging allegiance to ISIS. I'll look up that stuff and post it. Her dad is a bad dude too.
    There is always a story from the fanbase of the accused.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Teeth View Post
    There is always a story from the fanbase of the accused.
    Apparently it was at the DU frat house so there are plenty of witnesses. Here is one account from the comments of KC Star story:

What the kids say: They were at a party at the DU frat, the girl's a sophomore in the Theta house and was there with several friends. There were dozens of people all around them and many are reporting that Saleeha (the girl) was pushing and hitting on Carlton and he was simply trying to get her off him. They say there was no fall down stairs and no injuries to her. They also say she has called police more than once on other boys that she has gotten into arguments with. So, who knows the truth. Seems like bad behavior all the way around, including the drunken chaos of a frat party. But there certainly were lots of witnesses. Hoping facts can be established fast.
    I don't really have a dog in this fight (I do but I'm not a $#@!weed) so I think he should be off the team if he did fight a girl. A dude is different but the fact that it is a woman means completely different consequences. Supposedly there is video footage about the incident which should clear it up.

Regarding my ISIS comment:

This is the girl's brother apparently http://www.kansascity.com/news/local...e20288811.html. He was one of the ISIS guys that went and shot up Garland with his buddy. He ded.

Bragg cleared. Charges dropped on him and filed against the woman. Surveillance video shows she attacked him hitting him no less than 8 times and attempting to choke him. He pushed her away and she fell onto an ascending staircase.

Seemed pretty cut and dry from the video apparently. Game on. Keep away from the cray young man. Pussy will eat you up.

Bragg cleared. Charges dropped on him and filed against the woman. Surveillance video shows she attacked him hitting him no less than 8 times and attempting to choke him. He pushed her away and she fell onto an ascending staircase.

Seemed pretty cut and dry from the video apparently. Game on. Keep away from the cray young man. Pussy will eat you up.
    Well I can understand his smiling mugshot then. I'd be smiling and laughing at that bull$#@! too if I was going through it.

Baylor and Okie Lite both playing tonight. I'm interested to see what OSU looks like, I haven't seen them play yet this year.

Baylor and Okie Lite both playing tonight. I'm interested to see what OSU looks like, I haven't seen them play yet this year.
    At this point I think OSU's Evans a top three PG in the league (Mason, Lecomte, and Evans). Morris might have hit his ceiling or he'd be in contention. We'll tell when conference play comes around.
    Baylor apparently added yet another big that can shoot the three last night. What the $#@! is up with him and getting these players? Do they come like that or does he practice them spreading the floor and taking those shots in practice?

At this point I think OSU's Evans a top three PG in the league (Mason, Lecomte, and Evans). Morris might have hit his ceiling or he'd be in contention. We'll tell when conference play comes around.
    Baylor apparently added yet another big that can shoot the three last night. What the $#@! is up with him and getting these players? Do they come like that or does he practice them spreading the floor and taking those shots in practice?
    Drew always has height and length. It's amazing how he always has that.

Speaking of height and length, I hate how these high profile players come into college at 6'8" or taller. A good bunch of guys at 6'10" or above but they weigh 180 pounds. If you're tall there is a good chance that you are top 50 as a recruit which means the NBA is already scouting you. These kids would be so much more ready for the NBA if they could come into college without thinking about the league and get to 240+ pounds. Right now they come in at 180-210 and are already looking to leave when they are 200 pounds. In the NBA you're never going to see the floor at that weight if your 6'10". At the PF position you need to be able to rebound and you're not going to get that done without some body maturity.

bunghole VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk's Avatar
    He'll be back to the cray. Pussy didn't put together this winning streak by taking nights off.

OSU did not impress me much, I don't know what they'll do in conference this year. The guy from Baylor you're talking about was apparently only 6'1" when he was recruited and had an 8" growth spurt. So he was a guard and a 3 ball shooter and then got his height. Crazy genes at work there.

TTU won against a tougher than their record shows Richmond team at Richmond. They could beat the top three teams this year if they're clicking.
    Longhorns on right now against Arky. Don't know much about Arky but Texas is currently up.

I hope more big 12 teams start playing teams like Richmond. Just plays all tourney teams from previous years in the noncon. Others should too. Helps the league.

Good slate of Big 12 games today with only Baylor and WVU playing minor conference teams (unless you want to count Drake and WSU as well, I consider them Mid-Major)

OSU beat a good Wichita State team, TTU beat a good Richmond team as stated earlier, KU beat an okay Davidson team (no idea how they stack up this year), KSU beat Mid-Major CSU, and ISU beat Drake for nice conference wins.

Unfortunately, Texas lost to Arky and OU blew a 15+ point lead to Memphis and lost.

From now until the 30th there are only a few that **should** be interesting. OU vs Auburn (12/21), Texas vs Kent State (12/27), and KU vs UNLV (12/22).
    Then we have a great slate of conference games on the 30th that will start showing who's a contender or not. As always this league isn't a cakewalk (unless you're KU). I might end up watching Big 12 BBall on ESPN News and ESPN 2 from 3 until it's over. Every game should be good if non-con records indicate quality but TCU proved last year that that's not always the case.

Just looking at the records (not the schedules) leads me to ask; is Texas going to finish in last or close to it?

I'm pretty geeked for the conference kick off on Dec. 30th, I'm really hoping for some epic bball but realistically not expecting a lot from the Horns. Either way with everybody playing the same day it's going to be nuts.

Just looking at the records (not the schedules) leads me to ask; is Texas going to finish in last or close to it?
    Yes, especially if anyone gets injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Derka View Post
    Yes, especially if anyone gets injured.
    Does it make Shaka's seat warm?

If we finish 9th or 10th in the conference then he's coaching forbhis job next year. That said, if we can get Bamba and Coleman and somehow not lose any of our current underclassmen, we should be much deeper and more experienced next year.

We still have seniors running their mouths about the quality of opponent.

I've never had such a hard time rooting for ISU ever.

asshat WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex's Avatar
    I think we have a chance to finish ahead of TCU and Tech. That's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoooTex View Post
    I think we have a chance to finish ahead of TCU and Tech. That's about it.
    You'll beat us in Austin, for sure.

TTU is like 10-1 or something. Their schedule has been crap, but I'm still not counting them as an automatic win, especially not in Lubbock.

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast