+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's predict the Big 12 ***AS OF THIS MOMENT***

asshat TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VolenteHawk View Post
    I wouldn't normally, but that travel is literally never called. I watch more college basketball than anybody I know, and I can't remember the last time I've seen a travel called on a end game drive that didn't involve a guy falling down. It just doesn't happen.

They missed a travel two possessions before that allowed K-State to tie it, but I don't expect much outrage on that one since they haven't been butt$#@! the conference for a dozen years. It is what it is.
    That travel is literally never called? You're full of $#@!. He stopped dribbling with a third of the court to go.

asshat TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Range Life View Post
    I'm never scared of Baylor and I hope they throw their zone at us. If they weren't coached by Drew maybe I'd be worried but nah.
    Everyone says Drew is a bad coach but he has done a lot with less talent than Kansas has. I just don't get it. He literally restructured a program that was practically given the death penalty and is competitive yearly at a non blue blood school. There's a reason he is still there after like a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by jhawk View Post
    I think Jamie Dixon will be coach of the year if he gets them in the tourney. That's on a national basis. If he gets them in the top 5 of the big 12 he will be big12 coach of the year.
    I'm glad people are high on TCU, but I think we are still a year away from a 4 or 5 spot in the Big 12. I see us as #8 or #9 in Big 12 this year.

Let's predict the Big 12 ***AS OF THIS MOMENT***

Quote Originally Posted by frog1288 View Post
    I'm glad people are high on TCU, but I think we are still a year away from a 4 or 5 spot in the Big 12. I see us as #8 or #9 in Big 12 this year.
    Is #0 (I think that his number) really good? I think I remember them talking him up during their KU game.

asshat jhawk has a gigantic e-peen. jhawk has a gigantic e-peen. jhawk has a gigantic e-peen. jhawk has a gigantic e-peen. jhawk has a gigantic e-peen. jhawk has a gigantic e-peen. jhawk has a gigantic e-peen. jhawk has a gigantic e-peen. jhawk has a gigantic e-peen. jhawk has a gigantic e-peen. jhawk has a gigantic e-peen. jhawk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TrouserTrout View Post
    Everyone says Drew is a bad coach but he has done a lot with less talent than Kansas has. I just don't get it. He literally restructured a program that was practically given the death penalty and is competitive yearly at a non blue blood school. There's a reason he is still there after like a decade.
    We've gone over this multiple times. He is doing a great job. He did inherit the worst of the worst.

But he has had some of the MOST talent on his rosters over the years and has two elite eights to show for it. He has a ton of players in the NBA and he has always refused to coach defense and was a zone team. That is why they have "under performed." If you gave tubby smith, billy gillespie, rick barnes, bob huggins, or even fred hoiberg the amount of talent that has gone through waco then KU probably doesn't have a streak going. He has 8 players in the NBA and 6 of them played on the same team! If that is a lack of talent then I don't know what to tell you. By comparison, Self has coached 10 of the current jayhawks NBA players so it isn't some massive jump to the next tier or something.

We also talked about how he has been in the league as long as self but has a winning percentage far worse (I only bring self up because we are talking about self vs. drew). As of right now, he has been in the league 9 years longer than Bob Huggins who is the 3rd most tenured coach in the league and he is 53 wins ahead of him in overall ranking. That is a huge stat. If you throw in Huggins' time at KSU then Drew is only 30 games ahead of huggy with an 8 year head start. His average finish in the league is 7th. Take out the first 4 years and his average finish is 5th and the last 4.5 years there has only been 10 teams in the league. Show me a coach who finishes right at the 1/2 way mark in the league standings and I'll show you an average coach.

Drew is a good coach. But he isn't at the top of the class and hasn't been. If you gave any of the coaches I mentioned his rosters then they probably have a lot more showings in the tourney in general (Drew has 6 in 14 years) and they probably have a coveted final 4 which seems to be the measuring stick of great coaches.

Once again, he is a good coach. He has done things that no one else would take on at baylor and he deserves to be applauded for doing so. It makes the league better that he is here doing his thing. But you seem to always get upset when we say "We have Bill Self and they have Scott Drew. I like our chances." That doesn't mean Drew is a bad coach, that just means we trust our coach to win and if the talent gap doesn't put us over the we expect Drew to slip up and Self to take advantage. If you can't understand that comparison then you probably think someone picking Wooden or Coach K over drew is saying that Drew is a $#@! coach. You're making outrage when there isn't any to be made. I'd take a NC winning coach over a non-NC winning coach all day every day. Even if that was me agonizing over keeping self in 2007 vs. getting Izzo or K or possibly even billy donovan.

Nothing against drew, but acting like he stacks up against Self and getting pissed when we say I'd take self over drew in game time decision making is laughable.
    Last edited by jhawk; 01-04-2017 at 02:59 PM.

asshat VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk's Avatar
    That travel is literally never called? You're full of $#@!. He stopped dribbling with a third of the court to go.
    "That travel"..."on an end game drive".

Yeah, never called. Fouls are called much more than end of game travels when the referees are in swallow the whistle time.

Quote Originally Posted by VolenteHawk View Post
    "That travel"..."on an end game drive".

Yeah, never called. Fouls are called much more than end of game travels when the referees are in swallow the whistle time.
    I can't think of a single other example where a travel was not called on a layup where the last time the ball touched the floor was on the center court logo. Can you?

asshat Range Life Shaggy Bronze Club Range Life Shaggy Bronze Club Range Life Shaggy Bronze Club Range Life Shaggy Bronze Club Range Life Shaggy Bronze Club Range Life Shaggy Bronze Club Range Life Shaggy Bronze Club Range Life Shaggy Bronze Club Range Life Shaggy Bronze Club Range Life Shaggy Bronze Club Range Life Shaggy Bronze Club Range Life's Avatar
    Didn't say he was a bad coach. I just know that Self owns him for the most part.

asshat ChiTownDoc Shaggy Gold Club ChiTownDoc Shaggy Gold Club ChiTownDoc Shaggy Gold Club ChiTownDoc Shaggy Gold Club ChiTownDoc Shaggy Gold Club ChiTownDoc Shaggy Gold Club ChiTownDoc Shaggy Gold Club ChiTownDoc Shaggy Gold Club ChiTownDoc Shaggy Gold Club ChiTownDoc Shaggy Gold Club ChiTownDoc Shaggy Gold Club
    LOL
    Same $#@! as always. KU gets a $#@!ton of calls every year and pretend it's just like any other team. It was comical. This guy stopped dribbling 10 feet outside the 3 point line. Lmao

asshat spystud13 Shaggy Platinum spystud13 Shaggy Platinum spystud13 Shaggy Platinum spystud13 Shaggy Platinum spystud13 Shaggy Platinum spystud13 Shaggy Platinum spystud13 Shaggy Platinum spystud13 Shaggy Platinum spystud13 Shaggy Platinum spystud13 Shaggy Platinum spystud13 Shaggy Platinum
    ISU up 2 over Baylor at the under-4 on ESPNews.

asshat spystud13 Shaggy Platinum spystud13 Shaggy Platinum spystud13 Shaggy Platinum spystud13 Shaggy Platinum spystud13 Shaggy Platinum spystud13 Shaggy Platinum spystud13 Shaggy Platinum spystud13 Shaggy Platinum spystud13 Shaggy Platinum spystud13 Shaggy Platinum spystud13 Shaggy Platinum
    Tied, Baylor ball with 24.6 left, can't hold for last shot.

Tough shot goes, ISU with 8.2 left now.

Baylor survives.

asshat js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes

Horrible final possession for Cyclones

Last edited by js; 01-04-2017 at 08:51 PM.

Furk

asshat jhawk has a gigantic e-peen. jhawk has a gigantic e-peen. jhawk has a gigantic e-peen. jhawk has a gigantic e-peen. jhawk has a gigantic e-peen. jhawk has a gigantic e-peen. jhawk has a gigantic e-peen. jhawk has a gigantic e-peen. jhawk has a gigantic e-peen. jhawk has a gigantic e-peen. jhawk has a gigantic e-peen. jhawk's Avatar
    Welp. I don't know what's going to happen now. I wasn't impressed with Baylor. But I wasn't impressed with ku or WVU either. They still ran more zone than I was thinking they were. Lost of fast break points against them. I think isu will be fine. Top half of the league most years and top 2-3 every couple years.

Baylor missed a lot of open looks tonight that they normally wouldn't and ISU hit a bunch of deep 3's, but played a nice defensive game against Motley/Acquil. Refs called a boatload of ticky tack fouls on both teams that gummed up the game quite a bit

Morris and Naz balled out tonight. If they had someone else to help they would've won. Maybe they're turning it on for conference play.

Also of note apparently the last few BU-ISU games have been decided by only a shot or two

asshat Al_4_ISU has a gigantic e-peen. Al_4_ISU has a gigantic e-peen. Al_4_ISU has a gigantic e-peen. Al_4_ISU has a gigantic e-peen. Al_4_ISU has a gigantic e-peen. Al_4_ISU has a gigantic e-peen. Al_4_ISU has a gigantic e-peen. Al_4_ISU has a gigantic e-peen. Al_4_ISU has a gigantic e-peen. Al_4_ISU has a gigantic e-peen. Al_4_ISU has a gigantic e-peen. Al_4_ISU's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by js View Post
    Horrible final possession for Cyclones

Par for the course.

3 of our 4 losses have come when we had the ball last in a spot to win or tie.

Yeah, yeah it was #2 on the road, and this is better than the Iowa City debacle but it just tells me that they play to their competition and they still can't execute a game ending play.

we played a decent first half but none of the shots fell, played a horrible second half and were very lucky to get the win. Motley and Lindsay had great games.

Quote Originally Posted by templeton View Post
    we played a decent first half but none of the shots fell, played a horrible second half and were very lucky to get the win. Motley and Lindsay had great games.
    Lindsay is a sneaky bastard. Really good at the dribble drive for layups.

How do you feel about the Poke game on Saturday especially after they lost to Texas? Afraid of a comedown game?

dipshit HouTexJHawk slams and goes hard. HouTexJHawk slams and goes hard. HouTexJHawk slams and goes hard. HouTexJHawk slams and goes hard. HouTexJHawk slams and goes hard. HouTexJHawk slams and goes hard. HouTexJHawk slams and goes hard. HouTexJHawk slams and goes hard. HouTexJHawk slams and goes hard. HouTexJHawk slams and goes hard. HouTexJHawk slams and goes hard.
    I am clearly a KU fan, but I can understand why some fans are perceived as arrogant. KU wins a tough game on the road at TCU. And many of the fans are praising TCU as a sleeper team that will finish in the top half of the conference and that the road win was good. Win a tough game with KSU with a beneficial call and the dialog is not that KSU played well, but that KU stunk up the place.

I get most bothered by the way some fans deride opposing coaches in the conference. This is such a tough conference because of good coaching.

One of the strangest threads, of many, that is one the Phog asked whether you would trade a national championship for an end of the conference winning streak and some people are actually arguing no.

Y'all aren't a football school so you gotta hang on to the one thing you have over every other school. It's like UCONN and Baylor in WBB.

asshat Range Life Shaggy Bronze Club Range Life Shaggy Bronze Club Range Life Shaggy Bronze Club Range Life Shaggy Bronze Club Range Life Shaggy Bronze Club Range Life Shaggy Bronze Club Range Life Shaggy Bronze Club Range Life Shaggy Bronze Club Range Life Shaggy Bronze Club Range Life Shaggy Bronze Club Range Life Shaggy Bronze Club Range Life's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HouTexJHawk View Post
    I am clearly a KU fan, but I can understand why some fans are perceived as arrogant. KU wins a tough game on the road at TCU. And many of the fans are praising TCU as a sleeper team that will finish in the top half of the conference and that the road win was good. Win a tough game with KSU with a beneficial call and the dialog is not that KSU played well, but that KU stunk up the place.

I get most bothered by the way some fans deride opposing coaches in the conference. This is such a tough conference because of good coaching.

One of the strangest threads, of many, that is one the Phog asked whether you would trade a national championship for an end of the conference winning streak and some people are actually arguing no.
    Homer boards are filled with terrible posters who post for effect.

Lindsay is a sneaky bastard. Really good at the dribble drive for layups.

How do you feel about the Poke game on Saturday especially after they lost to Texas? Afraid of a comedown game?
    Always afraid of the comedown. Word from my GA friends is that this team is different, doesn't have the mental weakness of other teams. They are really fun to watch and though they played sloppy last night second half, effort isn't really a question like with years past. Chemistry seems better (though maybe a little off last night when McClure did not start for disciplinary reasons).

Everyone says the great teams find a way to win when they play badly--that was an ugly win but I'll take it. Cyclone defense is legit. I've not seen the cowboys play this season but I am thinking we will have a sell-out so the atmosphere should be rocking.

Love this team.

Always afraid of the comedown. Word from my GA friends is that this team is different, doesn't have the mental weakness of other teams. They are really fun to watch and though they played sloppy last night second half, effort isn't really a question like with years past. Chemistry seems better (though maybe a little off last night when McClure did not start for disciplinary reasons).

Everyone says the great teams find a way to win when they play badly--that was an ugly win but I'll take it. Cyclone defense is legit. I've not seen the cowboys play this season but I am thinking we will have a sell-out so the atmosphere should be rocking.

Love this team.
    You guys are in the 1 hole now. The trick is not blowing it before you have it. I think its going to take 4 losses to win this league.

I actually had a strong premonition before the season got underway that we would have a historic win in Lawrence this year. Looked up the date to make plans to go, and, sure enough, it's my daughter's 12th birthday.

Murphy's law says that if I go, we will lose, and I'll be pissed that I drove to Lawrence and missed her birthday. if I don't go, we win and I'll be pissed that I didn't go on my premonition. So I guess I'll stay home for the sake of the team???

Haha sacrifices must be made. KU schedule that week:

1/24 @ WVU
    1/28 @ Kentucky
    2/1 Baylor

Going to be the most brutal stretch ever for a KU team if all teams hold serve until then. If KU goes 3-0 through that then they will have earned every win the have.

Thanks to my in laws I have tickets to the BU-KU game. the guy with the tickets (Mrs Trout's Uncle) will be in LA for the game on business. Seeing them beat Xavier in person was crazy atmosphere wise. I just wish Texas could get that kind of support but saying that's like stepping on a hornet's nest.

I actually had a strong premonition before the season got underway that we would have a historic win in Lawrence this year. Looked up the date to make plans to go, and, sure enough, it's my daughter's 12th birthday.

Murphy's law says that if I go, we will lose, and I'll be pissed that I drove to Lawrence and missed her birthday. if I don't go, we win and I'll be pissed that I didn't go on my premonition. So I guess I'll stay home for the sake of the team???
    I always go with my gut feeling. If deep down you are saying you'll regret not going then you have to go. Regardless AFH is on my bucket list of arenas to watch a game in.

asshat Al_4_ISU has a gigantic e-peen. Al_4_ISU has a gigantic e-peen. Al_4_ISU has a gigantic e-peen. Al_4_ISU has a gigantic e-peen. Al_4_ISU has a gigantic e-peen. Al_4_ISU has a gigantic e-peen. Al_4_ISU has a gigantic e-peen. Al_4_ISU has a gigantic e-peen. Al_4_ISU has a gigantic e-peen. Al_4_ISU has a gigantic e-peen. Al_4_ISU has a gigantic e-peen. Al_4_ISU's Avatar
    Baylor's level of support is god awful, most years.

yep. my hope is that the craptastic football season will bring more fans.

yep. my hope is that the craptastic football season will bring more fans.
    Have the students gone back to class yet?

No they start back Monday. Was pleasantly surprised at student turnout on Wednesday. Greek students are back for rush.

Baylor has free parking so I always enjoy going to games there.

asshat TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL's Avatar

I hate KU basketball, but if you consider yourself a sports fan and you turn down an opportunity to see your team play in Allen Fieldhouse, you're a bad sports fan. Place is amazing. One of my favorite venues I have ever been to.

Why don't you just suck it up and take your daughter.

You should probably go, Baylor won at ISU for the first time a year or two ago I think and they've won at Morgantown, finally beat OU and won in Norman in the last few years. This might be the year for ya.

Today's games are...

TCU @ WVU Noon ESPNU
    OU @ KSt 2 p.m. ESPNNews
    OSU @ BU 6 p.m. ESPNNews
    TT @ KU 6:15 p.m. ESPN2
    ISU @ UT 8:15 p.m. ESPN2

The two games in most interested in happen to be going on at the same time. So silly. I guess I'll flip to check out TCU right now though.

TCU hanging around down 7 at the U4 TO.

The rims are so lose at WVU. I've never understood that.

WVU with the 5 pt lead at the U8. TCU had it down to 3 a few minutes ago, were down by 11 at the half I think.

I forgot Carter still played for WVU. He's like Perry Ellis (who I still believe had a forged birth certificate). He's a top 4 PG in the conference.

bunghole Dirk West Shaggy Bronze Club Dirk West Shaggy Bronze Club Dirk West Shaggy Bronze Club Dirk West Shaggy Bronze Club Dirk West Shaggy Bronze Club Dirk West Shaggy Bronze Club Dirk West Shaggy Bronze Club Dirk West Shaggy Bronze Club Dirk West Shaggy Bronze Club Dirk West Shaggy Bronze Club Dirk West Shaggy Bronze Club Dirk West's Avatar
    TCU now down 12 with 1:37 left.

82-70 the final in Morgantown.

bunghole nedtugent is a rep whore. nedtugent is a rep whore. nedtugent is a rep whore. nedtugent is a rep whore. nedtugent is a rep whore. nedtugent is a rep whore. nedtugent is a rep whore. nedtugent is a rep whore. nedtugent is a rep whore. nedtugent is a rep whore. nedtugent is a rep whore. nedtugent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
    82-70 the final in Morgantown.
    Well we're living here in Organtown, all the people here have their trousers down.......

- ned

Big 1(0)2 is seriously tough this year.

Bears gunning for Numero Uno esta noche.

Quote Originally Posted by nedtugent View Post
    Well we're living here in Organtown, all the people here have their trousers down.......

- ned

Big 1(0)2 is seriously tough this year.

Bears gunning for Numero Uno esta noche.
    Organtown? Wha's this all about?

Uh, I think he's fixing to show us.

Run!

Quote Originally Posted by nedtugent View Post

- ned
    What is this about trousers being down?

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast