+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's predict the Big 12 ***AS OF THIS MOMENT***

asshat Al_4_ISU Shaggy Silver Club Al_4_ISU Shaggy Silver Club Al_4_ISU Shaggy Silver Club Al_4_ISU Shaggy Silver Club Al_4_ISU Shaggy Silver Club Al_4_ISU Shaggy Silver Club Al_4_ISU Shaggy Silver Club Al_4_ISU Shaggy Silver Club Al_4_ISU Shaggy Silver Club Al_4_ISU Shaggy Silver Club Al_4_ISU Shaggy Silver Club Al_4_ISU's Avatar
    WVU fans are clearly packing the spaces close to the floor. That court's getting raped, Baylor style.

asshat TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout's Avatar
    A WVU guard body checked a Baylor player and it lead to a WVU dunk.
    The announcers admitted to a lot of calls not being whistled due to so much going on but if they let WVU continue to do this all season it'll be bull$#@!.

Congratulations Baylor, you got the court stormed for ya!

asshat TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout Shaggy Silver Club TrouserTrout's Avatar
    Lol who'd ever think someone would storm the court against Baylor when they are favored by 6 and also a top 10 team?

Watching the KU-Sucks game and a player just rolled around on the ground with the ball. I saw the same a few times in the WVU-Baylor beatdown. Is that not considered a travel anymore?

asshat jhawk Shaggy Silver Club jhawk Shaggy Silver Club jhawk Shaggy Silver Club jhawk Shaggy Silver Club jhawk Shaggy Silver Club jhawk Shaggy Silver Club jhawk Shaggy Silver Club jhawk Shaggy Silver Club jhawk Shaggy Silver Club jhawk Shaggy Silver Club jhawk Shaggy Silver Club jhawk's Avatar
    Just saw the score of the Baylor game. Any insight?

32 turnovers enough insight?

Quote Originally Posted by jhawk View Post
    Just saw the score of the Baylor game. Any insight?
    32 TOs and if the Big 12 refs decide to continue swallow their whistles because they know WVU plays physically then they will win the Big 12.

It was a 7 point game at half and then it seems like there were no WVU fouls until they were up 20.

asshat MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10's Avatar
    Baylors #1 reign lasted 1 day? i suppose teams 2-10 probably have to lose this week too

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Baylors #1 reign lasted 1 day? i suppose teams 2-10 probably have to lose this week too
    Well #10 is the one Baylor lost to so I don't see that happening.

asshat jhawk Shaggy Silver Club jhawk Shaggy Silver Club jhawk Shaggy Silver Club jhawk Shaggy Silver Club jhawk Shaggy Silver Club jhawk Shaggy Silver Club jhawk Shaggy Silver Club jhawk Shaggy Silver Club jhawk Shaggy Silver Club jhawk Shaggy Silver Club jhawk Shaggy Silver Club jhawk's Avatar
    Ku getting buttmunched

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Technically they are still #1 until next Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
    Well #10 is the one Baylor lost to so I don't see that happening.
    On the road as well. I expected them to lose at least once this week.

The KU-Sucks game is interesting though. I'm wondering how badly Self is dressing down the officials right now.

I don't like the Jayhawks but Mason went to the same prep school as me so it's conflicted. The school has been trying to get us to take a photo for the alum magazine and whatnot for the past two years. /csb

Oh and KU has stormed back in the lead.

Mason is going off.

Quote Originally Posted by TrouserTrout View Post
    32 TOs and if the Big 12 refs decide to continue swallow their whistles because they know WVU plays physically then they will win the Big 12.

It was a 7 point game at half and then it seems like there were no WVU fouls until they were up 20.
    That's cute. WVU gets called for plenty of fouls. The refs didn't make Baylor shoot 30% from the FT line or turn the ball over 32 times. Baylor was lucky to only be down 7 at half.

32 turnovers is so absurd. Did they get exposed or did they just forget to get off the bus?

asshat spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class
    K St up 2 in Lubbock, 1:28 left on ESPNews.

asshat spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class
    Tech is likely gonna win, crazy finish.

Next week is going to be big for the league. If ku beats both Baylor and WVU then it's going to be a very tough reign to end. Assuming ku gets by osu first.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaineer Maniac View Post
    That's cute. WVU gets called for plenty of fouls. The refs didn't make Baylor shoot 30% from the FT line or turn the ball over 32 times. Baylor was lucky to only be down 7 at half.
    I like to go on other teams boards to see what they think. Apparently WVU was called for less fouls than Baylor (by only 1 admittedly) and a quarter of the ones called on WVU were called when the game was already out of reach. Baylor averages almost 16 fouls per game and is one of the best in the nation, WVU averages 20 and is in the 200s. Baylor had 21 and WVU had 20.
    ^Thats Baylor message board speak

My eyes personally saw physicality that if Texas players played with they would foul out quickly. I also heard the announcers admit that a lot of fouls went uncalled because due to Press Virginia there's so much going on at once that the refs can't keep track of it all. I believe the turning point in the game was when the Baylor guard got checked by the WVU guard which ended up as a turnover and dunk and started a run.

How many of those 32 TOs do you think were legitimate TOs and not caused by uncalled fouls? I'm interested in your opinion as a Mountaineer since I went and saw the Baylor viewpoint.

I was surprised by how much the refs let us play tonight, but they let Baylor play the same way. By design, we try to muck up the game and make it as uncomfortable as possible. With that comes the hand checking and riding down the court you probably noticed. What also skewed those foul totals were all the frustration fouls made the last 10 mins of the game when it was well out of reach. I would have to go back and look, but if I remember correctly large number of Baylor turnovers were shot clock violations and steals forced by errant throws in press.

We don't get called for everything as a consequence of the style we play. Although, like our loss in Lubbock last week we also can be the victim of the physical style when a team figures out how to take advantage.

In the end, it's a style that turned a group of slightly above average players with absolutely no nba potential into a top ten team.

Oh without a doubt Baylor was unprepared but the talent should've overcame some of that more so than it did. I've never seen a team throw so many balls into the stands or lackadaisically bring the ball up. I was high on their PG but it seems pressure breaks him. I think the refs did play a part. Didn't they win there last year at least? Regardless, I don't know how big of a part the refs played but every top team needs to win at home and WVU did that. Will Baylor return the favor in Waco?
    I could easily see the top three all splitting their games against each other.

Also, coincidentally we've brought up in Shaka threads how y'all switched to Press Virginia because Huggins realized he didn't have the talent and is a future HoF coach compared to Shaka who used it in lower conferences because it was the best way to beat teams who weren't as athletic and thought he could bring it here to work and so far it hasn't.
    Huggins completely changed his philosophy (I think?) since joining the Big 12 and has a legitimate contender now. That's the difference between someone with 800 wins and Shaka who was born the year when Huggins first started out as an assistant coach.

Shaka will figure it out. People don't realize how brutal it was watching Huggins switch to Press Virginia. It's been three seasons now and it's just now starting to click on a consistent basis for a lot of these players.

asshat MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10 Probably Shaggy upper class MNLonghorn10's Avatar
    Next week is going to be big for the league. If ku beats both Baylor and WVU then it's going to be a very tough reign to end. Assuming ku gets by osu first.
    Nobody cares

Jk gl hf

asshat dcar00 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dcar00 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dcar00 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dcar00 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dcar00 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dcar00 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dcar00 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dcar00 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dcar00 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dcar00 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dcar00 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountaineer Maniac View Post
    Shaka will figure it out. People don't realize how brutal it was watching Huggins switch to Press Virginia. It's been three seasons now and it's just now starting to click on a consistent basis for a lot of these players.
    Its all marketing. good for Huggins, and he is a great coach BTW, but they changed the rules 2 years ago supposedly and you can't ride guys down the court and hand check but for some reason when you play WVU it doesn't get called. Then the other team has to start doing it and then it becomes a disaster of trying to figure out what is or isn't a foul.

Barnes' last year was the year they started the whole "freedom of movement"(Jay Bilas is still ringing in my ears) thing and the first game against WVU we won big mainly because it was early in the season and they were still calling it tight.

2 years later no one says freedom of movement anymore and the hand checking is back. It's like it never happened.

Personally I wish Shaka would start doing it, take the lumps now so we can do Havoc like he wants and get a reputation.

Anyway, have fun pounding us this year.

asshat Al_4_ISU Shaggy Silver Club Al_4_ISU Shaggy Silver Club Al_4_ISU Shaggy Silver Club Al_4_ISU Shaggy Silver Club Al_4_ISU Shaggy Silver Club Al_4_ISU Shaggy Silver Club Al_4_ISU Shaggy Silver Club Al_4_ISU Shaggy Silver Club Al_4_ISU Shaggy Silver Club Al_4_ISU Shaggy Silver Club Al_4_ISU Shaggy Silver Club Al_4_ISU's Avatar

I hope your team is putting the same focus on Monday that you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Al_4_ISU View Post
    Clearly I'm not. Forgot about the 2 other games prior. I work too much.

asshat taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20's Avatar
    TCU 1 point favorites tonight. Let's Go Horns!

Quote Originally Posted by taybo20 View Post
    TCU 1 point favorites tonight. Let's Go Horns!
    Woah! This is uncharted territory for the Frogs. I can't remember the last time TCU was favored on the road in basketball.

bunghole Reptilian grows his own roses Reptilian grows his own roses Reptilian grows his own roses Reptilian grows his own roses Reptilian grows his own roses Reptilian grows his own roses Reptilian grows his own roses Reptilian grows his own roses Reptilian grows his own roses Reptilian grows his own roses Reptilian grows his own roses
    Lol who'd ever think someone would storm the court against Baylor when they are favored by 6 and also a top 10 team?
    kinda like when Baylor was favored by 7+- at home against TCU and kicked a last second FG to win 61-58 and stormed the field. 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Reptilian View Post
    kinda like when Baylor was favored by 7+- at home against TCU and kicked a last second FG to win 61-58 and stormed the field. 2014.
    Well one the team (WVU) lead the entire game including pulling away severely at the end and the other (Baylor) came back from 21 points down in the 4th to win at the last second.
    I don't find them comparable.

Regardless, congrats on the win tonight. I think y'all will make the tourney. Texas might be the only team from our conference to not make the postseason (either NCAA or NIT)

If we can win Saturday, Big Monday is for first place.

Well one the team (WVU) lead the entire game including pulling away severely at the end and the other (Baylor) came back from 21 points down in the 4th to win at the last second.
    I don't find them comparable.

Regardless, congrats on the win tonight. I think y'all will make the tourney. Texas might be the only team from our conference to not make the postseason (either NCAA or NIT)
    Hey, hey, hey, who said we cant make the CBI?

Quote Originally Posted by Vince_McCoy_Williams View Post
    Hey, hey, hey, who said we cant make the CBI?
    Do we even accept an invitation?

Barnes did and then we got punked by Houston.

But yes we should, more practice and experience. And this team needs it.

asshat taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20's Avatar
    You mean, do we pay for the invitation. I'm assuming yes, Texas would pay to lose.

bunghole VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk's Avatar
    KU can't be more ripe for a loss. We've played with dog$#@! effort over and over, then gotten semi-focused and out talented bad teams to keep winning.

That nonsense won't work in Ames.

bunghole Dirk West grows his own roses Dirk West grows his own roses Dirk West grows his own roses Dirk West grows his own roses Dirk West grows his own roses Dirk West grows his own roses Dirk West grows his own roses Dirk West grows his own roses Dirk West grows his own roses Dirk West grows his own roses Dirk West grows his own roses Dirk West's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VolenteHawk View Post
    KU can't be more ripe for a loss. We've played with dog$#@! effort over and over, then gotten semi-focused and out talented bad teams to keep winning.

That nonsense won't work in Ames.
    Are you implying that K-State, TCU and Tech are bad teams? I think that's objectively untrue. 2 of the 3, if not all 3, will likely be NCAA at large teams. OU is bad.

Today's games...

OSU @ KU 1:00 pm ESPN2
    WVU @ UT 3:00 pm ESPN2
    BU @ KSt 3:30 pm ESPNU
    ISU @ TCU 4:30 pm FSSW
    TT @ OU 7:30 pm ESPNU

Very interesting slate of games today and I'm not sure what to expect other than KU will most likely win.

I'm nervous for today. TCU is going to get some scalps this year, and I'm worried that we're looking ahead to Monday.

I'm nervous for today. TCU is going to get some scalps this year, and I'm worried that we're looking ahead to Monday.
    I don't blame you. Them and Tech both could wreck somebodies day without notice.

We live in a pretty great conference on the whole when it comes to basketball. We are talking about tcu making the tourney. Tcu. What a great basketball conference we have.

We live in a pretty great conference on the whole when it comes to basketball. We are talking about tcu making the tourney. Tcu. What a great basketball conference we have.
    We really do. I mean 3 teams in the top 10. It's fantastic and I feel like sometimes its overrated, but I could just be biased. Of course, that's also why it sucks to be Texas right now

A deep tourney run by one of the teams in March would be great for the conference, maybe one that doesn't end in a 40 point blowout loss.

We really need to have better postseason success. Even KU needs to be better even though we have a good record on the whole. I'll go as far to say that KU basketball is the equivalent of UT football. A lot of tradition and a power but just shy of the standard when it comes to being the title winning program that others are. There is no reason duke should be seen as a better program than KU and there is no reason USC should have ever been seen as better than UT. I know that is going to piss people off but it is what it is.
    Last edited by jhawk; 01-14-2017 at 05:08 PM.

Ku shot 45 free throws today. Wow.

Ku shot 45 free throws today. Wow.
    That surprises you for a KU game at AFH?

Did you watch the game?

Did you watch the game?
    Yes, I thought OSU was going to pull it off.

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast