+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32
Results 1,551 to 1,592 of 1592

Thread: Let's predict the Big 12 ***AS OF THIS MOMENT***

Al Freeman is transferring from Baylor, wow.

Anyone know what's up with this transfer? This makes little sense.

Al had some lingering attitude issues that caused him to miss a few games. When he came back, he had lost his starting spot.

asshat TheGOAT has a gigantic e-peen. TheGOAT has a gigantic e-peen. TheGOAT has a gigantic e-peen. TheGOAT has a gigantic e-peen. TheGOAT has a gigantic e-peen. TheGOAT has a gigantic e-peen. TheGOAT has a gigantic e-peen. TheGOAT has a gigantic e-peen. TheGOAT has a gigantic e-peen. TheGOAT has a gigantic e-peen. TheGOAT has a gigantic e-peen. TheGOAT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGOAT View Post
    I predict no Big XII teams in the championship game.
    Bad prediction TCU made the NIT Championship game... wow Horned Frogs way to go!

asshat jhawk has a gigantic e-peen. jhawk has a gigantic e-peen. jhawk has a gigantic e-peen. jhawk has a gigantic e-peen. jhawk has a gigantic e-peen. jhawk has a gigantic e-peen. jhawk has a gigantic e-peen. jhawk has a gigantic e-peen. jhawk has a gigantic e-peen. jhawk has a gigantic e-peen. jhawk has a gigantic e-peen. jhawk's Avatar
    That's actually a very big deal for them. They will make the NCAA next year.

Good job frogs.

Quote Originally Posted by templeton View Post
    Al had some lingering attitude issues that caused him to miss a few games.
    He was respectful of women?

Quote Originally Posted by jhawk View Post
    That's actually a very big deal for them. They will make the NCAA next year.

Good job frogs.
    Yep. And did it without Jaylen Fisher who broke his wrist in the first game of the tournament. It took us a half to figure out how to play against a 7'6" shot blocker but we eventually worked through that problem. As for next season, we have a very good recruiting class coming in although there are rumblings about whether Rafus will qualify. So, I think making the Big Dance is a very realistic goal for us assuming no injuries and Vlad doesn't decide to go play for money in Europe or something crazy like that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Teeth View Post
    He was respectful of women?

asshat oSuJeff97 has a gigantic e-peen. oSuJeff97 has a gigantic e-peen. oSuJeff97 has a gigantic e-peen. oSuJeff97 has a gigantic e-peen. oSuJeff97 has a gigantic e-peen. oSuJeff97 has a gigantic e-peen. oSuJeff97 has a gigantic e-peen. oSuJeff97 has a gigantic e-peen. oSuJeff97 has a gigantic e-peen. oSuJeff97 has a gigantic e-peen. oSuJeff97 has a gigantic e-peen. oSuJeff97's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by angelosfrog View Post
    Yep. And did it without Jaylen Fisher who broke his wrist in the first game of the tournament. It took us a half to figure out how to play against a 7'6" shot blocker but we eventually worked through that problem. As for next season, we have a very good recruiting class coming in although there are rumblings about whether Rafus will qualify. So, I think making the Big Dance is a very realistic goal for us assuming no injuries and Vlad doesn't decide to go play for money in Europe or something crazy like that happening.
    And TCU rolled Georgia Tech in the NIT Finals last night. Good for them. Jamie Dixon can freaking coach. TCU is going to be a pain-in-the-ass to deal with for the forseeable future.

asshat jhawk has a gigantic e-peen. jhawk has a gigantic e-peen. jhawk has a gigantic e-peen. jhawk has a gigantic e-peen. jhawk has a gigantic e-peen. jhawk has a gigantic e-peen. jhawk has a gigantic e-peen. jhawk has a gigantic e-peen. jhawk has a gigantic e-peen. jhawk has a gigantic e-peen. jhawk has a gigantic e-peen. jhawk's Avatar
    Great job Frogs!

Quote Originally Posted by oSuJeff97 View Post
    And TCU rolled Georgia Tech in the NIT Finals last night. Good for them. Jamie Dixon can freaking coach. TCU is going to be a pain-in-the-ass to deal with for the forseeable future.
    Dixon has been a long time successful head coach. That's totally overrated. They should let him go and hire the third assistant on their bench for whatever they have in their office couch cushions. It's the cool thing to do.

asshat js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes
    Great regular season coach. NCAA resume is lacking (2 Sweet 16, 1 Elite 8). But man he's got that CBI and NIT championship!!!

Drop the tourney to 16 teams and make them 3 game series and you'll separate the contenders from pretenders on a coaching level. With some of his pitt teams he would have definitely been in contention for a national championship. But even a 2 seed in Duke with the best college basketball coach of all time loses to a 15 seed. One game tourneys aren't always indicative of the best team. Only once in the history of the tourney have the top 4 seeds made the final four.

asshat TXSooner518 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSooner518 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSooner518 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSooner518 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSooner518 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSooner518 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSooner518 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSooner518 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSooner518 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSooner518 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSooner518 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge?
    Quote Originally Posted by js View Post
    Great regular season coach. NCAA resume is lacking (2 Sweet 16, 1 Elite 8). But man he's got that CBI and NIT championship!!!
    I mean, he coached Pitt for 13 seasons. In 8 of those seasons, they won at least one NCAA tournament game. 5 of his 11 appearances, they were eliminated by a team that reached at least the Final Four. Not saying it's amazing, but don't think that is really a "lacking" resume.

It's amazing how many people dog coaches. Here is a list of active coaches with a final four appearance only 12 of which have more than one appearance:

K
    Roy Williams
    Izzo
    Pitino
    Boeheim
    Calipari
    Howland
    Huggins
    Kruger
    Self
    Altman
    Barnes
    Wright
    Beilein
    Crean
    Mike Davis
    Few
    Steve Fisher
    Larranaga
    Gregg Marshall
    Frank Martin
    Ollie
    Kelvin Sampson
    Shaka
    Tubby
    JT3
    Bruce Weber

I don't see anyone talking about how Shaka, Weber, JT3, Ollie, Sampson, Tubby, Fisher, Mike Davis, or Crean are good coaches. You don't even hear Beilein or Barnes come up when people are talking about finding a good coach. Matta is a joke these days and Howland is at Mississippi State.

If it takes a final four to be a good coach then there are about 15 coaches out of ~345 that are "good." And if any one of those 15 doesn't reach the final four in any given year he is either a choker or he choked or he isn't elite. At the end of the day the kids play the game. The only thing a coach can do is prepare them for the stage and make a few minor adjustments. You don't get to call a set play every possession.
    Last edited by jhawk; 03-31-2017 at 02:24 PM.

asshat oSuJeff97 has a gigantic e-peen. oSuJeff97 has a gigantic e-peen. oSuJeff97 has a gigantic e-peen. oSuJeff97 has a gigantic e-peen. oSuJeff97 has a gigantic e-peen. oSuJeff97 has a gigantic e-peen. oSuJeff97 has a gigantic e-peen. oSuJeff97 has a gigantic e-peen. oSuJeff97 has a gigantic e-peen. oSuJeff97 has a gigantic e-peen. oSuJeff97 has a gigantic e-peen. oSuJeff97's Avatar
    ^^^

Exactly. I don't know how anyone could argue that Dixon isn't a great coach. He took TCU from 2-3 (or whatever it was) conference wins a year ago to an NCAA Tournament bubble team and winning the NIT in year 1. I'd be shocked if they don't make the Tourney next year.

^^^

Exactly. I don't know how anyone could argue that Dixon isn't a great coach. He took TCU from 2-3 (or whatever it was) conference wins a year ago to an NCAA Tournament bubble team and winning the NIT in year 1. I'd be shocked if they don't make the Tourney next year.
    The majority of Texas fans here think of Rick Barnes as nothing special. Someone here recently said he was a good recruiter and nothing more. People are dumb.

How do you always make stuff about rick Barnes?? A comment was made about Dixon and somehow you change it to Barnes. Aside from him being listed as a final four coach this conversation has nothing to do with a Texas coach from 2-3 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by js View Post
    Pitt is not exactly in a hotbed of basketball talent and is far from being a basketball blue blood. I actually think he will be able to recruit much better at TCU due to the better location and the facilities. TCU also gave him enough money to hire some of the top assistants available. Ryan Miller and David Patrick are both great recruiters and very good coaches. Miller will probably be a head coach somewhere in a couple of years. TCU returns all 6 of its top 6 scorers from last season and has the best recruiting class in its history coming in. I think we will compete for a spot in the top 1/3 of the league next season and make the tourney.

Let's predict the Big 12 ***AS OF THIS MOMENT***

How do you always make stuff about rick Barnes?? A comment was made about Dixon and somehow you change it to Barnes. Aside from him being listed as a final four coach this conversation has nothing to do with a Texas coach from 2-3 years ago.
    You cannot seriously be this dense. I'm adding on to the point that YOU made:

If it takes a final four to be a good coach then there are about 15 coaches out of ~345 that are "good." And if any one of those 15 doesn't reach the final four in any given year he is either a choker or he choked or he isn't elite. At the end of the day the kids play the game. The only thing a coach can do is prepare them for the stage and make a few minor adjustments. You don't get to call a set play every possession.
    And that was after posting a list of active coaches who've been to a Final 4, a list Barnes was on. And you're posting this on a Texas Longhorns basketball forum. And you tell me that bringing up Rick Barnes is out of nowhere?

I haven't called anyone a water head in years, but god damn man.
    Last edited by Derka; 03-31-2017 at 06:50 PM.

asshat Whitman Probably Shaggy upper class Whitman Probably Shaggy upper class Whitman Probably Shaggy upper class Whitman Probably Shaggy upper class Whitman Probably Shaggy upper class Whitman Probably Shaggy upper class Whitman Probably Shaggy upper class Whitman Probably Shaggy upper class Whitman Probably Shaggy upper class Whitman Probably Shaggy upper class Whitman Probably Shaggy upper class Whitman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Derka View Post
    And you're posting this on a Texas Longhorns basketball forum.
    Dammit, all this time I thought this was ShaggyWestVirginia.com

Quote Originally Posted by Whitman View Post
    Dammit, all this time I thought this was ShaggyWestVirginia.com
    I know I could go for a good couch burning after that season we just had.

asshat VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk's Avatar
    ^^^

They're a tournament lock next year and could, if they play to their upside, be competitive for the Big 12. They have several nice pieces that gained a bunch of experience this year.

@JonRothstein 16h16 hours ago
    Kansas power forward Carlton Bragg will transfer, per release. Sit one, play two.

Not surprising. His relationships were the basis of almost every ku trouble off the court this year and then he lost his minutes to a guy coming off a torn acl. When he sat for our entire loss to Oregon and wasn't even considered to go in to try and spark a run you pretty much knew it was over with him.

Ku is going to have a very new look next year. The conference race will open up if a contender can emerge.

asshat TXSooner518 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSooner518 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSooner518 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSooner518 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSooner518 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSooner518 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSooner518 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSooner518 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSooner518 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSooner518 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSooner518 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge?
    Honestly, trying to not be a homer, but don't sleep on OU. Very young team this year, showed some improvement, and the addition of Trae Young should really improve the offensive end. Lunardi projects OU as a 9, I think they will be better than that.

asshat Range Life Shaggy Bronze Club Range Life Shaggy Bronze Club Range Life Shaggy Bronze Club Range Life Shaggy Bronze Club Range Life Shaggy Bronze Club Range Life Shaggy Bronze Club Range Life Shaggy Bronze Club Range Life Shaggy Bronze Club Range Life Shaggy Bronze Club Range Life Shaggy Bronze Club Range Life Shaggy Bronze Club Range Life's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TXSooner518 View Post
    Honestly, trying to not be a homer, but don't sleep on OU. Very young team this year, showed some improvement, and the addition of Trae Young should really improve the offensive end. Lunardi projects OU as a 9, I think they will be better than that.
    I don't think we're really sleeping on them and citing Lunardi in April is a fool's errand.

Quote Originally Posted by Range Life View Post
    I don't think we're really sleeping on them and citing Lunardi in April is a fool's errand.
    No one in this thread had mentioned them as a 2018 contender.

asshat Range Life Shaggy Bronze Club Range Life Shaggy Bronze Club Range Life Shaggy Bronze Club Range Life Shaggy Bronze Club Range Life Shaggy Bronze Club Range Life Shaggy Bronze Club Range Life Shaggy Bronze Club Range Life Shaggy Bronze Club Range Life Shaggy Bronze Club Range Life Shaggy Bronze Club Range Life Shaggy Bronze Club Range Life's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TXSooner518 View Post
    No one in this thread had mentioned them as a 2018 contender.
    For the championship or the Big 12? The two contenders for Big 12 are KU with WVU just behind. OU is somewhere after that. If Svi and Graham come back then KU is loaded and probably a top 2 team in the country with Louisville maybe being 1 or 2 as well. OU is probably a fringe top 25 team and might be top 20 by the end of the year.

I mean for the Big 12. Obviously if Svi and Graham both return, KU is a large favorite.

Graham just announced he's returning.

That's really big for Kansas. If svi comes back we are in amazing shape.

@GaryParrishCBS
    Former Memphis standouts Dedric and K.J. Lawson are transferring to Kansas, their father told @CBSSports. Story coming.

@GaryParrishCBS
    Former Memphis standouts Dedric and K.J. Lawson are transferring to Kansas, their father told @CBSSports. Story coming.
    Big pick ups for Kansas. Two very good players, Kansas is loaded now.

So Kansas wins again. What a shocker.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasStrong12 View Post
    Big pick ups for Kansas. Two very good players, Kansas is loaded now.
    They both have to sit out a year but it's a really nice pickup for next year's class.

They both have to sit out a year but it's a really nice pickup for next year's class.
    I thought they were grad transfers. But still two good pickups.

Dedric Lawson: 19.2 ppg, 9.9 reb, 3.3 ast, 2.1 blk, 1.3 stl per game, 74% FT shooter

KJ Lawson: 12.3 pts, 8.1 reb

Stupid

That's huge. Apparently they have no potential (they play an old man's game) so they aren't on any draft boards. Hopefully this means they will be around to exhaust their eligibility.

Josh Jackson still hasn't declared......... He's probably thinking about all of that college poon and wondering if the NBA poon + money is better or if he can get better on campus.

i heard a theory that he didn't want to steal Mason's thunder when he won those awards. I Know nothing about them, but i've heard they have baggage.

Josh Jackson has the same chance of playing for KU next year as I do.

No $#@! Sherlock.

Svi for KU declares for draft. Won't hire an agent. He isn't on any draft boards that I can see but he is the prototypical euro player. He's made a niche for himself at KU despite being recruited over every year. If he gets a good report card I can see him staying in or going to Europe. If he pulls back I can see him pretty much staying in the same role as he has the last 2 years. Our of nowhere our guard depth got really good and we are going to have enough front court depth to not have to play 4 guards on the floor at any time.

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32