+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The OA - New/Weird Sci-Fi Series from Netflix (Another Earth folks) - Drops Friday

asshat AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo's Avatar
    So it's gotten a lot of positive buzz. Maybe they can go do a sequel to Another Earth. I know, I know, the ending was supposed to be left up to the viewer, and the very last scene was a "OH $#@! NO!" moment, but I'd just like to see some world building there. Would be perfect for Netflix.

Anyways, now that a bunch have seen it, there is talk of series 2 (but not official):

http://www.econotimes.com/The-OA-Sea...parison-479802

During an interview with Esquire, Marling and Batmanglij expressed their enthusiasm over a possible renewal on Netflix. When asked if they were willing to do future seasons, Marling replied, “Oh yeah, we'd of course love to keep telling the story, and we've spent some time thinking about the mathematics of where it would go.”

Batmanglij explained, “We planned out a larger story when we started, because we didn't want to go into it without having the larger picture planned out---I think the audience can always tell that, or feel it. But we also wanted it to be its own standalone piece.”

He added, “So again, I think the novel analogy works really well, it's a novel, but it could easily be a series of novels. And I think it would be best as a series of novels!”

Marling admitted that leaving the ending open and as well as leaving questions unanswered was exciting enough. Batmanglij assured that whether they get commissioned for more seasons or not, the series was designed as a thought-provoking mystery and that it was up to the viewers to solve the series’ riddles.

bunghole Disco Missile grows his own roses Disco Missile grows his own roses Disco Missile grows his own roses Disco Missile grows his own roses Disco Missile grows his own roses Disco Missile grows his own roses Disco Missile grows his own roses Disco Missile grows his own roses Disco Missile grows his own roses Disco Missile grows his own roses Disco Missile grows his own roses Disco Missile's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chet Steadman View Post
    Spoiler Alert!

i liked it. better than most stuff on tv. a super-natural vibe like stranger things, but instead of nostalgic they go for creepy/suspense. they better do a season 2 because the ending was very open-ended.

Deputy Dawg Dolemite has a gigantic e-peen. Dolemite has a gigantic e-peen. Dolemite has a gigantic e-peen. Dolemite has a gigantic e-peen. Dolemite has a gigantic e-peen. Dolemite has a gigantic e-peen. Dolemite has a gigantic e-peen. Dolemite has a gigantic e-peen. Dolemite has a gigantic e-peen. Dolemite has a gigantic e-peen. Dolemite has a gigantic e-peen.
    Watching for the second time. Check out 4:30 to 4:40 or so of Episode 3. The is where the book writer is eating with the family.

benevolent dictator blacklab has disabled reputation blacklab's Avatar
    Not really sure what to think.
    I struggled through the thing, and often found myself fast forwarding.

The whole time she's telling the story, I'm thinking about my wife trying to tell a story, and how I want to tell her, "Tell me the last part first".

Spoiler!

bunghole Nuge might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Nuge might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Nuge might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Nuge might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Nuge might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Nuge might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Nuge might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Nuge might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Nuge might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Nuge might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Nuge might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Nuge's Avatar
    My wife and I watched this because people kept telling us how great it was.
    We kept waiting for it to get better - then they started dancing.
    We laughed and laughed and then regretted the 8 hours wasted watching this trash.

asshat drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuge View Post
    My wife and I watched this because people kept telling us how great it was.
    We kept waiting for it to get better - then they started dancing.
    We laughed and laughed and then regretted the 8 hours wasted watching this trash.
    Yep4

asshat Deuterium Oxide Shaggy Gold Club Deuterium Oxide Shaggy Gold Club Deuterium Oxide Shaggy Gold Club Deuterium Oxide Shaggy Gold Club Deuterium Oxide Shaggy Gold Club Deuterium Oxide Shaggy Gold Club Deuterium Oxide Shaggy Gold Club Deuterium Oxide Shaggy Gold Club Deuterium Oxide Shaggy Gold Club Deuterium Oxide Shaggy Gold Club Deuterium Oxide Shaggy Gold Club Deuterium Oxide's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    Not really sure what to think.
    I struggled through the thing, and often found myself fast forwarding.

The whole time she's telling the story, I'm thinking about my wife trying to tell a story, and how I want to tell her, "Tell me the last part first".

Spoiler!
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Deuterium Oxide View Post
    Spoiler!
    Spoiler!

asshat TJ Probably Shaggy upper class TJ Probably Shaggy upper class TJ Probably Shaggy upper class TJ Probably Shaggy upper class TJ Probably Shaggy upper class TJ Probably Shaggy upper class TJ Probably Shaggy upper class TJ Probably Shaggy upper class TJ Probably Shaggy upper class TJ Probably Shaggy upper class TJ Probably Shaggy upper class TJ's Avatar
    Spoiler!
    Spoiler!

Deputy Dawg Dolemite has a gigantic e-peen. Dolemite has a gigantic e-peen. Dolemite has a gigantic e-peen. Dolemite has a gigantic e-peen. Dolemite has a gigantic e-peen. Dolemite has a gigantic e-peen. Dolemite has a gigantic e-peen. Dolemite has a gigantic e-peen. Dolemite has a gigantic e-peen. Dolemite has a gigantic e-peen. Dolemite has a gigantic e-peen.
    People saying its trash because its bull$#@! then what did you think you were watching to begin with? A true story from the History channel?

I'm not saying it's trash, was just annoyed by it.

bunghole Nuge might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Nuge might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Nuge might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Nuge might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Nuge might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Nuge might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Nuge might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Nuge might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Nuge might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Nuge might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Nuge might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Nuge's Avatar
    The stupid dancing is what did it for me.
    I reeeaaally wanted to see them integrate the African anteater dance into it.

asshat taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20's Avatar
    I'm not saying it's trash, was just annoyed by it.
    I was very annoyed

dipshit oujeremy oujeremy oujeremy oujeremy oujeremy oujeremy oujeremy oujeremy oujeremy oujeremy oujeremy
    I found the show stimulating, but not until like episode 5 or 6. The "moves" are a little weird. Not sure what other device(s) could have been used in their place though.

asshat Lockport might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lockport might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lockport might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lockport might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lockport might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lockport might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lockport might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lockport might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lockport might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lockport might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lockport might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lockport's Avatar
    I liked it. Yeah the dancing was a little weird but I liked that they were doing something different with this show.

Theory (spoiler)

Spoiler!

It had some flaws but overall I enjoyed it. I'll watch Season 2 if it gets approved.

^^Interdasting.

asshat texassax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texassax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texassax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texassax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texassax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texassax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texassax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texassax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texassax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texassax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texassax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texassax's Avatar
    I thought the movements, individually, seemed odd, verging on off-putting. When The Five stand up at the end to perform them, though, it was incredibly moving. I thought that was a powerful scene, and quite a way to end the season (or series).

asshat Lockport might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lockport might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lockport might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lockport might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lockport might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lockport might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lockport might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lockport might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lockport might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lockport might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lockport might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lockport's Avatar
    Side note, Brit Marling has another movie called 'Sound of my Voice'. I haven't seen it but it sounds interesting. She certainly comes up with some unique ideas.

'Two documentary filmmakers attempt to penetrate a cult who worships a woman who claims to be from the future.'

asshat bamachine Probably Shaggy upper class bamachine Probably Shaggy upper class bamachine Probably Shaggy upper class bamachine Probably Shaggy upper class bamachine Probably Shaggy upper class bamachine Probably Shaggy upper class bamachine Probably Shaggy upper class bamachine Probably Shaggy upper class bamachine Probably Shaggy upper class bamachine Probably Shaggy upper class bamachine Probably Shaggy upper class bamachine's Avatar
    I liked it overall, the "movements" did get a wtf chuckle from me.

That's a really interdasting theory, Lockport. Really intriguing.

Also some details I either though about or read from other people's speculations...

Spoiler!

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2