+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The OA - New/Weird Sci-Fi Series from Netflix (Another Earth folks) - Drops Friday

asshat AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo's Avatar
    So it's gotten a lot of positive buzz. Maybe they can go do a sequel to Another Earth. I know, I know, the ending was supposed to be left up to the viewer, and the very last scene was a "OH $#@! NO!" moment, but I'd just like to see some world building there. Would be perfect for Netflix.

Anyways, now that a bunch have seen it, there is talk of series 2 (but not official):

http://www.econotimes.com/The-OA-Sea...parison-479802

During an interview with Esquire, Marling and Batmanglij expressed their enthusiasm over a possible renewal on Netflix. When asked if they were willing to do future seasons, Marling replied, “Oh yeah, we'd of course love to keep telling the story, and we've spent some time thinking about the mathematics of where it would go.”

Batmanglij explained, “We planned out a larger story when we started, because we didn't want to go into it without having the larger picture planned out---I think the audience can always tell that, or feel it. But we also wanted it to be its own standalone piece.”

He added, “So again, I think the novel analogy works really well, it's a novel, but it could easily be a series of novels. And I think it would be best as a series of novels!”

Marling admitted that leaving the ending open and as well as leaving questions unanswered was exciting enough. Batmanglij assured that whether they get commissioned for more seasons or not, the series was designed as a thought-provoking mystery and that it was up to the viewers to solve the series’ riddles.

asshat Disco Missile Shaggy Bronze Club Disco Missile Shaggy Bronze Club Disco Missile Shaggy Bronze Club Disco Missile Shaggy Bronze Club Disco Missile Shaggy Bronze Club Disco Missile Shaggy Bronze Club Disco Missile Shaggy Bronze Club Disco Missile Shaggy Bronze Club Disco Missile Shaggy Bronze Club Disco Missile Shaggy Bronze Club Disco Missile Shaggy Bronze Club Disco Missile's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chet Steadman View Post
    Spoiler Alert!

i liked it. better than most stuff on tv. a super-natural vibe like stranger things, but instead of nostalgic they go for creepy/suspense. they better do a season 2 because the ending was very open-ended.

Deputy Dawg Dolemite Shaggy Gold Club Dolemite Shaggy Gold Club Dolemite Shaggy Gold Club Dolemite Shaggy Gold Club Dolemite Shaggy Gold Club Dolemite Shaggy Gold Club Dolemite Shaggy Gold Club Dolemite Shaggy Gold Club Dolemite Shaggy Gold Club Dolemite Shaggy Gold Club Dolemite Shaggy Gold Club
    Watching for the second time. Check out 4:30 to 4:40 or so of Episode 3. The is where the book writer is eating with the family.

benevolent dictator blacklab has disabled reputation blacklab's Avatar
    Not really sure what to think.
    I struggled through the thing, and often found myself fast forwarding.

The whole time she's telling the story, I'm thinking about my wife trying to tell a story, and how I want to tell her, "Tell me the last part first".

Spoiler!

asshat Nuge might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Nuge might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Nuge might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Nuge might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Nuge might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Nuge might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Nuge might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Nuge might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Nuge might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Nuge might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Nuge might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Nuge's Avatar
    My wife and I watched this because people kept telling us how great it was.
    We kept waiting for it to get better - then they started dancing.
    We laughed and laughed and then regretted the 8 hours wasted watching this trash.

asshat drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuge View Post
    My wife and I watched this because people kept telling us how great it was.
    We kept waiting for it to get better - then they started dancing.
    We laughed and laughed and then regretted the 8 hours wasted watching this trash.
    Yep4

asshat Deuterium Oxide Shaggy Gold Club Deuterium Oxide Shaggy Gold Club Deuterium Oxide Shaggy Gold Club Deuterium Oxide Shaggy Gold Club Deuterium Oxide Shaggy Gold Club Deuterium Oxide Shaggy Gold Club Deuterium Oxide Shaggy Gold Club Deuterium Oxide Shaggy Gold Club Deuterium Oxide Shaggy Gold Club Deuterium Oxide Shaggy Gold Club Deuterium Oxide Shaggy Gold Club Deuterium Oxide's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    Not really sure what to think.
    I struggled through the thing, and often found myself fast forwarding.

The whole time she's telling the story, I'm thinking about my wife trying to tell a story, and how I want to tell her, "Tell me the last part first".

Spoiler!
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Deuterium Oxide View Post
    Spoiler!
    Spoiler!

asshat TJ Probably Shaggy upper class TJ Probably Shaggy upper class TJ Probably Shaggy upper class TJ Probably Shaggy upper class TJ Probably Shaggy upper class TJ Probably Shaggy upper class TJ Probably Shaggy upper class TJ Probably Shaggy upper class TJ Probably Shaggy upper class TJ Probably Shaggy upper class TJ Probably Shaggy upper class TJ's Avatar
    Spoiler!
    Spoiler!

Deputy Dawg Dolemite Shaggy Gold Club Dolemite Shaggy Gold Club Dolemite Shaggy Gold Club Dolemite Shaggy Gold Club Dolemite Shaggy Gold Club Dolemite Shaggy Gold Club Dolemite Shaggy Gold Club Dolemite Shaggy Gold Club Dolemite Shaggy Gold Club Dolemite Shaggy Gold Club Dolemite Shaggy Gold Club
    People saying its trash because its bull$#@! then what did you think you were watching to begin with? A true story from the History channel?

I'm not saying it's trash, was just annoyed by it.

asshat Nuge might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Nuge might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Nuge might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Nuge might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Nuge might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Nuge might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Nuge might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Nuge might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Nuge might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Nuge might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Nuge might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Nuge's Avatar
    The stupid dancing is what did it for me.
    I reeeaaally wanted to see them integrate the African anteater dance into it.

asshat taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20 Shaggy Silver Club taybo20's Avatar
    I was very annoyed

Banned oujeremy oujeremy oujeremy oujeremy oujeremy oujeremy oujeremy oujeremy oujeremy oujeremy oujeremy
    I found the show stimulating, but not until like episode 5 or 6. The "moves" are a little weird. Not sure what other device(s) could have been used in their place though.

asshat Lockport might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lockport might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lockport might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lockport might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lockport might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lockport might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lockport might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lockport might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lockport might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lockport might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lockport might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lockport's Avatar
    I liked it. Yeah the dancing was a little weird but I liked that they were doing something different with this show.

Theory (spoiler)

Spoiler!

It had some flaws but overall I enjoyed it. I'll watch Season 2 if it gets approved.

^^Interdasting.

asshat texassax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texassax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texassax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texassax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texassax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texassax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texassax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texassax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texassax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texassax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texassax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texassax's Avatar
    I thought the movements, individually, seemed odd, verging on off-putting. When The Five stand up at the end to perform them, though, it was incredibly moving. I thought that was a powerful scene, and quite a way to end the season (or series).

asshat Lockport might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lockport might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lockport might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lockport might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lockport might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lockport might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lockport might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lockport might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lockport might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lockport might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lockport might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Lockport's Avatar
    Side note, Brit Marling has another movie called 'Sound of my Voice'. I haven't seen it but it sounds interesting. She certainly comes up with some unique ideas.

'Two documentary filmmakers attempt to penetrate a cult who worships a woman who claims to be from the future.'

asshat bamachine Probably Shaggy upper class bamachine Probably Shaggy upper class bamachine Probably Shaggy upper class bamachine Probably Shaggy upper class bamachine Probably Shaggy upper class bamachine Probably Shaggy upper class bamachine Probably Shaggy upper class bamachine Probably Shaggy upper class bamachine Probably Shaggy upper class bamachine Probably Shaggy upper class bamachine Probably Shaggy upper class bamachine's Avatar
    I liked it overall, the "movements" did get a wtf chuckle from me.

That's a really interdasting theory, Lockport. Really intriguing.

Also some details I either though about or read from other people's speculations...

Spoiler!

Yeah, that's a good point too.

Spoiler!

#LetsRide SquishMitten Probably Shaggy upper class SquishMitten Probably Shaggy upper class SquishMitten Probably Shaggy upper class SquishMitten Probably Shaggy upper class SquishMitten Probably Shaggy upper class SquishMitten Probably Shaggy upper class SquishMitten Probably Shaggy upper class SquishMitten Probably Shaggy upper class SquishMitten Probably Shaggy upper class SquishMitten Probably Shaggy upper class SquishMitten Probably Shaggy upper class SquishMitten's Avatar
    I really enjoyed it. Surprised the reactions are all over the place. Looking forward to the next season and seeing what's actually going on. Way to many unanswered questions for that to be the end (assuming it isn't canceled).

I thought it was one of the best terrible shows I've watched.

asshat NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueGreySky06 View Post
    Spoiler!
    Spoiler!

asshat C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man's Avatar
    My fiance is in the process of quitting smoking -- for like the 10th time since we've been dating -- so I gave her the choice of two Netflix shows to pick from, The OA and The Crown, since she'll spending more of her evenings inside the house. I haven't seen a single scene from either. She picks The OA because I don't think she wanted to watch a period piece. We made it through the first episode last night. I'm not sure whether we'll continue or not at this point, honestly.

asshat AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo's Avatar
    If OA doesn't work for you all, try The Magicians season 1

Quote Originally Posted by C-Man View Post
    My fiance is in the process of quitting smoking -- for like the 10th time since we've been dating -- so I gave her the choice of two Netflix shows to pick from, The OA and The Crown, since she'll spending more of her evenings inside the house. I haven't seen a single scene from either. She picks The OA because I don't think she wanted to watch a period piece. We made it through the first episode last night. I'm not sure whether we'll continue or not at this point, honestly.
    Probably a good choice.

All just about anyone does the entire season of the crown is smoke cigarettes.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomHeartBevo View Post
    Err, not Magicians, Stranger Things season 1. Unless you've seen it already.

asshat ghow Shaggy Bronze Club ghow Shaggy Bronze Club ghow Shaggy Bronze Club ghow Shaggy Bronze Club ghow Shaggy Bronze Club ghow Shaggy Bronze Club ghow Shaggy Bronze Club ghow Shaggy Bronze Club ghow Shaggy Bronze Club ghow Shaggy Bronze Club ghow Shaggy Bronze Club ghow's Avatar
    If that doesn't work for you then try smoking.

asshat Patrick Swayze probably preboards planes Patrick Swayze probably preboards planes Patrick Swayze probably preboards planes Patrick Swayze probably preboards planes Patrick Swayze probably preboards planes Patrick Swayze probably preboards planes Patrick Swayze probably preboards planes Patrick Swayze probably preboards planes Patrick Swayze probably preboards planes Patrick Swayze probably preboards planes Patrick Swayze probably preboards planes Patrick Swayze's Avatar
    Wife and I just finished it last night. Halfway through we were already not sure. By the end we knew that if it comes back for a second season, we won't be watching it. Very meh and full of holes. Focusing on Taboo and waiting for Better Call Saul.

That's a really interdasting theory, Lockport. Really intriguing.

[/spoiler]
    FBI guy planted the books. She wanted to the other side but she needed the right moment to get there which was created at the end of the last episode.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 02-04-2017 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ghow View Post
    If that doesn't work for you then try smoking.
    Or watch the travelers.

asshat SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club
    Very interesting to theories above. I hadn't thought about those.

Anyway, I loved it overall the movements were a little weird at first because I guess I wasn't playing super close attention so I didn't get it at first. The scene with the sheriff's wife tho, that got me. Goosebumps

Oh and Part II is official.

asshat SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club SubliminalHorn Shaggy Gold Club
    Quote Originally Posted by cdain3 View Post
    Or watch the travelers.
    STarted that after OA

OA has definitely been renewed:

http://tvline.com/2017/02/08/the-oa-...son-2-netflix/

Or watch the travelers.
    Which was also renewed:

http://www.spoilertv.com/2017/02/tra...-season_8.html

People would ask, why would the FBI plant the books, (if they did). Well, Hap mentioned at least twice that it was a "Technology". Maybe the next season will explore who all is interested in the technology of healing and perhaps how the technology could lend itself to inter-dimensional travel.

The OA - New/Weird Sci-Fi Series from Netflix (Another Earth folks) - Drops Friday

Last edited by BlueGreySky06; 02-09-2017 at 05:24 PM.

Analysis of Season 2 teaser. Not embedding to avoid potential spoilers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx21O7iahE4

You could just try banging your girlfriend to pass the time. It worked for me.

The OA - New/Weird Sci-Fi Series from Netflix (Another Earth folks) - Drops Friday

Quote Originally Posted by CooterBrown View Post
    You could just try banging your girlfriend to pass the time. It worked for me.
    How is he going to do that if you're banging her?

2 dimensions; parallel realities?

asshat ghow Shaggy Bronze Club ghow Shaggy Bronze Club ghow Shaggy Bronze Club ghow Shaggy Bronze Club ghow Shaggy Bronze Club ghow Shaggy Bronze Club ghow Shaggy Bronze Club ghow Shaggy Bronze Club ghow Shaggy Bronze Club ghow Shaggy Bronze Club ghow Shaggy Bronze Club ghow's Avatar
    2 dimensions; parallel realities?
    So if there are infinite dimensions, is cooter brown's girlfriend banging shaggy posters in all of them?

So if there are infinite dimensions, is cooter brown's girlfriend banging shaggy posters in all of them?
    Who would be the "OF"

Except Bedouin.

Interesting that HAP considers the sound to be the same as Saturn since, in mythology, Saturn is the planet of death and rebirth.

asshat drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117's Avatar

Err, not Magicians, Stranger Things season 1. Unless you've seen it already.
    Watched both. Would recommend both.

Or watch the travelers.
    And just finished this. In middle of The 100 now.
    Last edited by drew8117; 02-11-2017 at 01:09 PM.

asshat Tom Shaggy Silver Club Tom Shaggy Silver Club Tom Shaggy Silver Club Tom Shaggy Silver Club Tom Shaggy Silver Club Tom Shaggy Silver Club Tom Shaggy Silver Club Tom Shaggy Silver Club Tom Shaggy Silver Club Tom Shaggy Silver Club Tom Shaggy Silver Club Tom's Avatar

I'll say it. This show is trash.

bunghole Keyser Soze slams and goes hard. Keyser Soze slams and goes hard. Keyser Soze slams and goes hard. Keyser Soze slams and goes hard. Keyser Soze slams and goes hard. Keyser Soze slams and goes hard. Keyser Soze slams and goes hard. Keyser Soze slams and goes hard. Keyser Soze slams and goes hard. Keyser Soze slams and goes hard. Keyser Soze slams and goes hard.
    Just finished this.

The ideas of the story are greater than the series. It is ambitious in ideas but falls short in execution of them.

Power uses of Netflix might watch this, but many better options available to put ahead of this.

bunghole austinyc grows his own roses austinyc grows his own roses austinyc grows his own roses austinyc grows his own roses austinyc grows his own roses austinyc grows his own roses austinyc grows his own roses austinyc grows his own roses austinyc grows his own roses austinyc grows his own roses austinyc grows his own roses austinyc's Avatar
    Bump for WestTexEx cuz search is hard.

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast