+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Body Transformation Thread (aka- If I don't lose weight it's gonna kill me)

Wow. Going a week w/o alcohol makes those first few drinks on a friday that much more effective. I got a little toasty last night w/o intending to ... also stopped drinking FAR before I would have before. That's a win-win all the way around.

asshat Anastasis Shaggy Gold Club Anastasis Shaggy Gold Club Anastasis Shaggy Gold Club Anastasis Shaggy Gold Club Anastasis Shaggy Gold Club Anastasis Shaggy Gold Club Anastasis Shaggy Gold Club Anastasis Shaggy Gold Club Anastasis Shaggy Gold Club Anastasis Shaggy Gold Club Anastasis Shaggy Gold Club Anastasis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by capnamerca View Post
    Wow. Going a week w/o alcohol makes those first few drinks on a friday that much more effective. I got a little toasty last night w/o intending to ... also stopped drinking FAR before I would have before. That's a win-win all the way around.
    Going zeros booze. Kinda surprised dts haven't kicked in.

asshat Dillo Pad Probably Shaggy upper class Dillo Pad Probably Shaggy upper class Dillo Pad Probably Shaggy upper class Dillo Pad Probably Shaggy upper class Dillo Pad Probably Shaggy upper class Dillo Pad Probably Shaggy upper class Dillo Pad Probably Shaggy upper class Dillo Pad Probably Shaggy upper class Dillo Pad Probably Shaggy upper class Dillo Pad Probably Shaggy upper class Dillo Pad Probably Shaggy upper class Dillo Pad's Avatar
    I had a couple of glasses of wine last night. Will again tonight, but I have kept strict on the food and still taken in a ton of water. But tomorrow I am back on no alcohol until next Friday.

My turds are green, like a moss covered log, should I be worried or happy about that?

asshat zepol87 Shaggy Gold Club zepol87 Shaggy Gold Club zepol87 Shaggy Gold Club zepol87 Shaggy Gold Club zepol87 Shaggy Gold Club zepol87 Shaggy Gold Club zepol87 Shaggy Gold Club zepol87 Shaggy Gold Club zepol87 Shaggy Gold Club zepol87 Shaggy Gold Club zepol87 Shaggy Gold Club zepol87's Avatar
    At a wedding in a very $#@!ty place with gf family . Freeport, TX. Drinking a lot and being a fat ass, never gonna lose these last 10-15 lbs

Quote Originally Posted by B00M View Post
    "going to failure or you're wasting your time" is demonstrably false.

Besides, how are you going to maintain form and avoid injury going to failure?

And adding an exercise to your routine every week? Sounds totally unsustainable. Why not just do the 5x5 compound exercises that everyone in here is recommending? 30-45 minutes 3x/week is sustainable, your plan is a fantasy that will get you hurt.
    I will add exercises but NOT forever! Will max out at 6 as it's damn near impossible to do much more than that to failure.

As far as not getting injured and going to failure, I work out with what is probably 2/3+/- of my max. My reps are very slow and I am struggling like hell the 6th and 7th rep of each set. For me form is key to injury prevention. I probably look like a giant pussy to a lot of folks in the gym but It's still all about trying to push to failure for me. It's simply as hard as you can go. Plus I like the fact if the weight feels too light and like I will not make it to failure I can simply slow the rep even more and still reach my goal. It worked for me in when I plateaus lifting a couple decades ago. The thing I like about super slow is that if I am screwed on time I can go in and simply do one set at a heavier weight and slow or speed up the rep to try and get to failure on the 7th rep. At the lighter weight you can "power" through a lot more "break points" and thus stress the muscle more. Or at least that was the theory years ago, and for me it worked. I tend to have less injury with the lower weight loads. not saying 5 x 5 won't work but there is more than one way to skin a cat. it's interesting science to me. Found this link at the top of my "super slow lifting search."

SuperSlow Weight Lifting — The Fastest Way to Dramatically Increase Strength

Quote Originally Posted by capnamerca View Post
    One of the things I learned in the last week or so is that if you cut your carbs dramatically as I have, you have eliminated most of the glycogen in your liver. So the second that alcohol gets in you it goes directly to processing in your liver to produce glycogen for quick energy. Knocked me out of keto by drinking but consumed a lot less before getting a buzz.

Ended up going out Thurs, Fri and Sat, but still almost no carbs and only moved up about half a pound. Getting into the groove weight lifting and past the worst of the initial soreness.
    Last edited by horn4life; 01-08-2017 at 02:37 PM.

asshat Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu's Avatar
    Alcohol is not converted to blood sugar or glycogen. Your liver will however stop making ketones in order to deal with the alcohol first. Once it's dealt with you'll go back into ketosis rather quickly.

asshat Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament's Avatar
    You people are making this WAY too hard.
    1) Do compound lifts of moderate and high weights.
    2) Eat a balanced diet with plenty of protein and fewer total calories than you are expending.

The rest is all dip$#@! shortcut stuff.

asshat Anastasis Shaggy Gold Club Anastasis Shaggy Gold Club Anastasis Shaggy Gold Club Anastasis Shaggy Gold Club Anastasis Shaggy Gold Club Anastasis Shaggy Gold Club Anastasis Shaggy Gold Club Anastasis Shaggy Gold Club Anastasis Shaggy Gold Club Anastasis Shaggy Gold Club Anastasis Shaggy Gold Club Anastasis's Avatar
    I like dip$#@! shortcut stuff.

asshat ut_ob1 Shaggy Bronze Club ut_ob1 Shaggy Bronze Club ut_ob1 Shaggy Bronze Club ut_ob1 Shaggy Bronze Club ut_ob1 Shaggy Bronze Club ut_ob1 Shaggy Bronze Club ut_ob1 Shaggy Bronze Club ut_ob1 Shaggy Bronze Club ut_ob1 Shaggy Bronze Club ut_ob1 Shaggy Bronze Club ut_ob1 Shaggy Bronze Club
    Did well Monday through Friday afternoon. I treat the weekend as my reward for food and alcohol. Starting back tonight. Pork chops, butternut squash , and mixed veggies for dinner.

asshat Walden Ponderer Shaggy Platinum Walden Ponderer Shaggy Platinum Walden Ponderer Shaggy Platinum Walden Ponderer Shaggy Platinum Walden Ponderer Shaggy Platinum Walden Ponderer Shaggy Platinum Walden Ponderer Shaggy Platinum Walden Ponderer Shaggy Platinum Walden Ponderer Shaggy Platinum Walden Ponderer Shaggy Platinum Walden Ponderer Shaggy Platinum Walden Ponderer's Avatar
    That man is richest whose pleasures are the cheapest.
    Seitan with a tempura seasoning doesn't suck nearly as badly as I assumed it would when my daughter announced that's what we were having for dinner tonight.

I'd still rather have a cheeseburger, but the key to happiness is gratefulness, so I'll settle for it not just sucking.

bunghole LoneStarSooner can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LoneStarSooner can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LoneStarSooner can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LoneStarSooner can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LoneStarSooner can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LoneStarSooner can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LoneStarSooner can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LoneStarSooner can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LoneStarSooner can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LoneStarSooner can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LoneStarSooner can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LoneStarSooner's Avatar
    Alright, I'm in. Saw this thread last week but then got busy as hell and forgot about it. Getting on the bandwagon tomorrow. Just finished reading this entire thread. I'm 46, will turn 47 in March, and 224 pounds. Spent 3 years as an expat in Asia a few years ago. Was 230 pounds at the beginning of 2007 when I moved over there and 200 pounds at the beginning of 2010 when I came home. Completely different diet living in Tokyo and walked $#@!ing everywhere. Have gradually gained weight over time until here I am. Time to get my $#@! together. Don't drink a ton of alcohol but am a Diet Coke drinking sumbitch. I probably drink close to a 12 pack a day. I have tried getting away from it and drinking water but it just isn't the same. I miss how cold DC can get and the fizzy. I'm going to try to move to the LaCroix flavored stuff and see if I can get completely away from the DC. Have been reading up on the Keto stuff after reading some of Bear Schlong's posts and am going to get on that train. Used to run a ton but haven't in, let's call it a while. Going to start hitting the pavement again gradually and start push ups and planks to work on my core. Haven't ever really considered any of the TRT stuff. Have a complete physical scheduled for last week of January. Guess I'll ask the doc to screen for my levels and go from there. Would hope diet and exercise could raise it if it is low. Glad this thread got started. Going to post here regularly as a way to try to keep myself honest.

asshat Dillo Pad Probably Shaggy upper class Dillo Pad Probably Shaggy upper class Dillo Pad Probably Shaggy upper class Dillo Pad Probably Shaggy upper class Dillo Pad Probably Shaggy upper class Dillo Pad Probably Shaggy upper class Dillo Pad Probably Shaggy upper class Dillo Pad Probably Shaggy upper class Dillo Pad Probably Shaggy upper class Dillo Pad Probably Shaggy upper class Dillo Pad Probably Shaggy upper class Dillo Pad's Avatar
    Had a cheat meal at lunch today, regretting it. Going back on the plan immediately.

My cheat was a batch of oyster Rockefeller with dinner. No bread crumbs and cut back on the park. Still yummy.

Quote Originally Posted by B00M View Post
    "going to failure or you're wasting your time" is demonstrably false.

Besides, how are you going to maintain form and avoid injury going to failure?

And adding an exercise to your routine every week? Sounds totally unsustainable. Why not just do the 5x5 compound exercises that everyone in here is recommending? 30-45 minutes 3x/week is sustainable, your plan is a fantasy that will get you hurt.
    So I was reading up on the 5X5 lifts and got all excited until I realized the gym that I use at my office only has a Smith machine and dumbells, no freestanding Olympic bar. From reading up on 5X5, it seems like both of those are deal killers, correct? Really need "free weights"?

Back at it this week, boys. The weekend was good from a food perspective, kept it to clean meats and salads, but had a bit more alcohol than was perhaps ideal. Looking forward to another clean week, and maybe adding a jog or two back in.

Shaggy Goon MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction's Avatar
    Picked up a pair of work out shoes this weekend. My complex has an incredible gym, but I have to take it pretty easy due to a back strain I suffered a couple months ago. Physical Therapist said I need to strengthen my core to avoid future injuries. Any suggestions for light core work outs for a fatass? This gym has everything.

Quote Originally Posted by MissingInAction View Post
    Picked up a pair of work out shoes this weekend. My complex has an incredible gym, but I have to take it pretty easy due to a back strain I suffered a couple months ago. Physical Therapist said I need to strengthen my core to avoid future injuries. Any suggestions for light core work outs for a fatass? This gym has everything.
    Plank, plank and more plank, and then 5x5. Compound movements all strengthen the core, because something has to keep your body stable while you move that weight around with your arms and legs.

asshat ut_ob1 Shaggy Bronze Club ut_ob1 Shaggy Bronze Club ut_ob1 Shaggy Bronze Club ut_ob1 Shaggy Bronze Club ut_ob1 Shaggy Bronze Club ut_ob1 Shaggy Bronze Club ut_ob1 Shaggy Bronze Club ut_ob1 Shaggy Bronze Club ut_ob1 Shaggy Bronze Club ut_ob1 Shaggy Bronze Club ut_ob1 Shaggy Bronze Club
    Quote Originally Posted by chitwood View Post
    So I was reading up on the 5X5 lifts and got all excited until I realized the gym that I use at my office only has a Smith machine and dumbells, no freestanding Olympic bar. From reading up on 5X5, it seems like both of those are deal killers, correct? Really need "free weights"?
    Dumbbells. Use Dumbbells.

Started keto last Monday. Have gone super low carb for a week and no cheats and no beer. Weighed at the gym this morning and am down 5.5 lbs. Crazy.

Will cheat tonight by having a few beers watching the game.

asshat utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillo Pad View Post
    Had a cheat meal at lunch today, regretting it. Going back on the plan immediately.
    I hear ya, eating really clean results in my feeling sick when I cheat too badly. And that's a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by squib View Post
    Started keto last Monday. Have gone super low carb for a week and no cheats and no beer. Weighed at the gym this morning and am down 5.5 lbs. Crazy.

Will cheat tonight by having a few beers watching the game.
    You dumped water weight, actually water complexed with glycogen in your liver. Just FYI, if youve started ketosis, you will know yourself out with a couple beers and be starting over. If it was me, a couple vodka and clubs or a bourbon and coke zero. But I've been on teh wagon for a week now and want to kill everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by ut_ob1 View Post
    Dumbbells. Use Dumbbells.
    Thanks.

For those trying out Keto, I would avoid cheat meals altogether. You will end up knocking yourself out of Keto, gain water weight, and then probably have to go through "keto flu" to get back into ketosis.

bunghole B00M Shaggy Bronze Club B00M Shaggy Bronze Club B00M Shaggy Bronze Club B00M Shaggy Bronze Club B00M Shaggy Bronze Club B00M Shaggy Bronze Club B00M Shaggy Bronze Club B00M Shaggy Bronze Club B00M Shaggy Bronze Club B00M Shaggy Bronze Club B00M Shaggy Bronze Club B00M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MissingInAction View Post

This is a seemingly tangential topic, but posture and proper movement plays a big part in overall health. There's a lot more to it than you think, and our society unknowingly discourages good habits. Esther Gokhale's book was mind blowing and a relatively quick read with tons of pics. I can't recommend it enough. It will teach you how to passively strengthen your ass and core during daily activities while you stop damaging your back and joints.

https://www.amazon.com/Steps-Pain-Fr.../dp/0979303605

asshat Bat Guan0 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Bat Guan0 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Bat Guan0 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Bat Guan0 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Bat Guan0 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Bat Guan0 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Bat Guan0 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Bat Guan0 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Bat Guan0 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Bat Guan0 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Bat Guan0 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Bat Guan0's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mapplewhite132 View Post
    For those trying out Keto, I would avoid cheat meals altogether. You will end up knocking yourself out of Keto, gain water weight, and then probably have to go through "keto flu" to get back into ketosis.
    I don't know if this last part is true; at least it isn't for me. Did a stint of Paleo that ended up being ketogenic for several months, went through the whole low-carb flu for two weeks at the beginning. Didn't cheat for a long time - at least 6 months. When I did, with a burger on an actual bun, and fries and a couple of beers, obviously it knocked me out of keto. But when I went back to clean eating the keto just kicked in, no problems. Since then I've gone back and forth a few times, and never had to go through the keto flu again; seems like your body gets trained and it's easier after that first time.

Not trying to encourage anyone to cheat, but if you do then just get back on the wagon, it won't hurt at all.

Add me to the list. I'm 2 hours in to my diet and feeling pretty good so far.

Insufferable Beer Nerd mdleast might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdleast might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdleast might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdleast might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdleast might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdleast might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdleast might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdleast might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdleast might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdleast might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdleast might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdleast's Avatar
    Poppin' and lockin' while battling Electro Rock at Radiotron

2017 Body Transformation Thread (aka- If I don't lose weight it's gonna kill me)

Anyone recommend a good upper body workout that is around 30 minutes? Currently, I mix P90X3's Eccentric Upper and Incinerator workouts into my weekday morning routine. I'm looking to add a 3rd/different one to throw in the mix.

Free weights and ground based (i.e. push-ups) only - no dumbells or weight bench-based. Basically, looking for a non-P90X3 workout that is of roughly the same length. Thanks

I would recommend looking into intermittent fasting. I do it. Love how i feel afterwards and studies have shown that there are potential long term benefits

asshat BearSchlong Probably Shaggy upper class BearSchlong Probably Shaggy upper class BearSchlong Probably Shaggy upper class BearSchlong Probably Shaggy upper class BearSchlong Probably Shaggy upper class BearSchlong Probably Shaggy upper class BearSchlong Probably Shaggy upper class BearSchlong Probably Shaggy upper class BearSchlong Probably Shaggy upper class BearSchlong Probably Shaggy upper class BearSchlong Probably Shaggy upper class BearSchlong's Avatar
    Or at the very least, wait until you're completely keto adapted. A week of keto followed by a celebratory beer? That's just wrong. Total nonsense.

If you're serious about low carb dieting, understand that it takes a long time to get your body AND YOUR BRAIN converted. About 30-45 days.

If you HAVE to drink, have a shot of vodka or whisky. And if you're fat because you HAVE to drink, we have a thread for that too.
    Last edited by BearSchlong; 01-09-2017 at 03:26 PM.

asshat BearSchlong Probably Shaggy upper class BearSchlong Probably Shaggy upper class BearSchlong Probably Shaggy upper class BearSchlong Probably Shaggy upper class BearSchlong Probably Shaggy upper class BearSchlong Probably Shaggy upper class BearSchlong Probably Shaggy upper class BearSchlong Probably Shaggy upper class BearSchlong Probably Shaggy upper class BearSchlong Probably Shaggy upper class BearSchlong Probably Shaggy upper class BearSchlong's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bat Guan0 View Post
    I don't know if this last part is true; at least it isn't for me. Did a stint of Paleo that ended up being ketogenic for several months, went through the whole low-carb flu for two weeks at the beginning. Didn't cheat for a long time - at least 6 months. When I did, with a burger on an actual bun, and fries and a couple of beers, obviously it knocked me out of keto. But when I went back to clean eating the keto just kicked in, no problems. Since then I've gone back and forth a few times, and never had to go through the keto flu again; seems like your body gets trained and it's easier after that first time.

Not trying to encourage anyone to cheat, but if you do then just get back on the wagon, it won't hurt at all.
    And that cheat meal didn't cause the same glycemic reaction, either. It's way different when you do it once a month or once a quarter versus once or twice a day.

Also I wanted to shout from the rooftops - Bulletproof Coffee is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by BearSchlong View Post
    Or at the very least, wait until you're completely keto adapted. A week of keto followed by a celebratory beer? That's just wrong. Total nonsense.

If you're serious about low carb dieting, understand that it takes a long time to get your body AND YOUR BRAIN converted. About 30-45 days.

If you HAVE to drink, have a shot of vodka or whisky. And if you're fat because you HAVE to drink, we have a thread for that too.

Yeah I should have been more specific. One cheat meal isn't going to be a big deal. But staying on Keto M-F and then cheating on the weekends is not going to work very well. This was my experience FWIW

asshat SBBruin Definitely Shaggy upper class SBBruin Definitely Shaggy upper class SBBruin Definitely Shaggy upper class SBBruin Definitely Shaggy upper class SBBruin Definitely Shaggy upper class SBBruin Definitely Shaggy upper class SBBruin Definitely Shaggy upper class SBBruin Definitely Shaggy upper class SBBruin Definitely Shaggy upper class SBBruin Definitely Shaggy upper class SBBruin Definitely Shaggy upper class SBBruin's Avatar
    3 lbs in a week eating smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by BearSchlong View Post
    Also I wanted to shout from the rooftops - Bulletproof Coffee is awesome.
    Recipe?

asshat Both Tacos might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Both Tacos might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Both Tacos might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Both Tacos might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Both Tacos might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Both Tacos might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Both Tacos might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Both Tacos might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Both Tacos might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Both Tacos might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Both Tacos might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Both Tacos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by knoxtnhorn View Post
    Add me to the list. I'm 2 hours in to my diet and feeling pretty good so far.
    Keep up the good work, you are an inspiration to all of us.

9 of 10 days working out so far...feeling better...starting this week I'll start cutting down the drinking

asshat Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu's Avatar
    Yeah I should have been more specific. One cheat meal isn't going to be a big deal. But staying on Keto M-F and then cheating on the weekends is not going to work very well. This was my experience FWIW
    There are people who have carb loads every weekend and then bust their ass in the gym the first few days of the week.. they go back into ketosis for the rest of the week and then do it again.. keto body builders mostly. Seems very hard to maintain to me though.

I don't think I'll ever be used to 5:30a running sessions. Ugh.

Official weigh in this morning. 6lbs lighter. First week in the books.

asshat Gardner Barnes Shaggy Silver Club Gardner Barnes Shaggy Silver Club Gardner Barnes Shaggy Silver Club Gardner Barnes Shaggy Silver Club Gardner Barnes Shaggy Silver Club Gardner Barnes Shaggy Silver Club Gardner Barnes Shaggy Silver Club Gardner Barnes Shaggy Silver Club Gardner Barnes Shaggy Silver Club Gardner Barnes Shaggy Silver Club Gardner Barnes Shaggy Silver Club Gardner Barnes's Avatar
    294 this am

Down 5.4 this past week.

Feeling really good but dragging in the afternoons.

Successfully 8 days without alcohol. This week my goal is limit simple carbs to one meal a day.

bunghole hacker can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. hacker can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. hacker can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. hacker can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. hacker can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. hacker can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. hacker can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. hacker can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. hacker can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. hacker can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. hacker can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night.
    184 this morning, down 5 lbs. Amazing what can happen when you pass on alcohol and Dr pepper, plus thrown in some exercise

asshat ZB'Tejas might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? ZB'Tejas might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? ZB'Tejas might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? ZB'Tejas might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? ZB'Tejas might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? ZB'Tejas might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? ZB'Tejas might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? ZB'Tejas might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? ZB'Tejas might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? ZB'Tejas might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? ZB'Tejas might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? ZB'Tejas's Avatar
    Count me in! My baby is now a year old and it's time to get back to healthier living 37yo 5'10" and 195lbs. A few years ago I was going to the outdoor group fitness type things but with baby and the schedule offered it just doesn't make much sense. What I want to try is just getting up early and doing something active (cardio/weights type stuff) but do it at home or in the neighborhood. With an ever increasing busy life encroaching I think the only way to make this work is to get up prior to everyone else (probably 5am) I'm going to start with jogging and hopefully add some work with a kettle bell. Wish me luck!

asshat T'Boo Ted Marshall might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? T'Boo Ted Marshall might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? T'Boo Ted Marshall might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? T'Boo Ted Marshall might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? T'Boo Ted Marshall might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? T'Boo Ted Marshall might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? T'Boo Ted Marshall might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? T'Boo Ted Marshall might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? T'Boo Ted Marshall might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? T'Boo Ted Marshall might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? T'Boo Ted Marshall might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? T'Boo Ted Marshall's Avatar
    Any of you morning guys workout on an empty stomach?
    It's been gassing me early in my workouts lately and I despise that.
    I take BCAA's about 45 minutes before i workout and a few glasses of water. They are hard workouts but performance is much different for me as opposed to when i do them after work. I don't take any drinks like I used to since most have some forms of sugar but I sure do miss VPX Shotgun.

A lot of you guys are making it way too hard. Especially on people that are dealing with motivation issues.

Watch your calories and carbs.

The best thing you can do is find 10-12 meals that you enjoy eating that fit the low cal/carb. And just eat them consistently.

I'm the type of person that can eat the exact same thing for breakfast, lunch and dinner several days a week so I only needed a few meals. Others might need more variety. You don't have to do it forever just while you are trying to gain some traction and see results.
    Last edited by midtown; 01-10-2017 at 11:56 AM.

asshat Gardner Barnes Shaggy Silver Club Gardner Barnes Shaggy Silver Club Gardner Barnes Shaggy Silver Club Gardner Barnes Shaggy Silver Club Gardner Barnes Shaggy Silver Club Gardner Barnes Shaggy Silver Club Gardner Barnes Shaggy Silver Club Gardner Barnes Shaggy Silver Club Gardner Barnes Shaggy Silver Club Gardner Barnes Shaggy Silver Club Gardner Barnes Shaggy Silver Club Gardner Barnes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by T'Boo Ted Marshall View Post
    I take BCAA's about 45 minutes before i workout and a few glasses of water. They are hard workouts but performance is much different for me as opposed to when i do them after work. I don't take any drinks like I used to since most have some forms of sugar but I sure do miss VPX Shotgun.
    I eat a Kind bar the minute I get up. It gets me through an early am workout. It's not ideal, but it has carbs and some protein. Since I get up at 5 to make a 6a, I get about an hour to digest. I also drink a small coffee on the way to the gym for the caffeine kick.

Usually I workout mid am (11). My energy level is definitely higher than at 6a. Probably because my regular breakfast has more protein and has had a chance to digest.

asshat utexas_61 Shaggy Gold Club utexas_61 Shaggy Gold Club utexas_61 Shaggy Gold Club utexas_61 Shaggy Gold Club utexas_61 Shaggy Gold Club utexas_61 Shaggy Gold Club utexas_61 Shaggy Gold Club utexas_61 Shaggy Gold Club utexas_61 Shaggy Gold Club utexas_61 Shaggy Gold Club utexas_61 Shaggy Gold Club
    Coffee/butter/MCT oil has been my new pre-workout, and it has been great.

199 this morning after a pretty lax weekend and after my breakfast. I'm stoked with that - puts me down about 5 lbs.

asshat Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by T'Boo Ted Marshall View Post
    Not a popular statement in this thread, but you need carbs. Not sure how many, but you need carbs. Greek yogurt w/granola is my go-to breakfast. Try it.

asshat dad Shaggy Bronze Club dad Shaggy Bronze Club dad Shaggy Bronze Club dad Shaggy Bronze Club dad Shaggy Bronze Club dad Shaggy Bronze Club dad Shaggy Bronze Club dad Shaggy Bronze Club dad Shaggy Bronze Club dad Shaggy Bronze Club dad Shaggy Bronze Club dad's Avatar
    One thing that really helped me lose some weight other than what has already been posted on this thread is to find a friend/coworker/acquaintance that is at a similar weight and challenge them to lose X amount of pounds or hit an X target weight. Loser buys the other person or people lunch or pays for top golf or something. I did this with some coworkers when I was at 200 lbs last January and got down to 165 lbs. Bragging rights and not losing out on some money was a good motivator for me!

Not a popular statement in this thread, but you need carbs. Not sure how many, but you need carbs. Greek yogurt w/granola is my go-to breakfast. Try it.
    Uh-oh. You just became persona non grata to the keto zealots.

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast