+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Body Transformation Thread (aka- If I don't lose weight it's gonna kill me)

2017 Body Transformation Thread (aka- If I don't lose weight it's gonna kill me)

First off while my weight loss is a necessity, I want anyone interested in transforming their body this year to hop on in. Misery LOVES company!

Well from my recent blood work apparently 30 years of a continual barrage of Jack and diet Coke, eating out most every night, and barely working out takes it's toll on your body! I knew I had been dancing with the Devil and hadn't had a physical in like 5 years so I let the doc take a good look over this high mileage used car that is my body. The bad news is about what I figured pre-diabetic where I can go for the drugs and be great immediately, or take the tougher path and shed a $#@! ton of weight. If not and without a body mass change I will be headed towards the joys of diabetes. So I have three months to shed enough weight to get new blood work and see if I can avoid medication. The good news is I know what to do and how to do it but it's not gonna be terribly enjoyable...

So... wondering if anyone else is really, really serious about making a change in their lifestyle and transforming their body this year? I a not a new year resolution sort of guy, but that's how the timing has worked out. I have started making food choice changes going with Paleo with a lean towards ketogenic am going to try and go on a strict ketogenic diet in January. While my current diet largely consisting of excessive drinking and happy hours food specials is complete $#@!e for you, I still have some degree of fitness. It's just covered by a couple layers of brisket! I am lucky in that my A1C was not sky high, and I have a bonus of great blood pressure. I guess another plus is that I have trained extremely hard in the past so gradually upping the exercise should not be too large a challenge. For years and years I let the training and physical exertion keep my poor diet in check, but this is not a situation I am going to be able to work out my way out of. Diet is the big component that I MUST change! Starting next week I am going to go completely ketogenic for a couple weeks. I a sure that I will have the occasional lapse from night's out, but those are going to be a rarity in January. In the end I am going to try to avoid processed carbs and sugar of any kind from this point forward. I know that complete elimination is not possible over time, but I am determined to be pretty strict these first three months.

I have also set a fitness goal of running (most likely run/walk) the Capitol 10K this April. I think nearly 4 months of gradually easing up the training will make this task fairly simple. My tendency is to go crazy and kill myself working out and peel of 10-15 pounds i in 6 weeks and then go back to my old ways. This go round I need to make a real lifestyle change and sustain it. I'm right at 250 and only 5'10" so that pretty much makes me a fat ass. My goal is to lose 10 pounds a month. My nemesis will be that I do love going out and going to happy hour and dinner with friends. Losing that is gonna be tough, but it's a necessity. I am lucky that the main things I have wrong with me can probably be eliminated with diet and exercise! The bad news is 30 year habits are sometime hard to break...

I am determined to get myself in shape this year, simply as I don't want to be bothered needed to take medicine every single day the rest of my life. SO... I wonder if there are any of you guys really, really committed to making a physical change this year, and if so what are your plans to achieve the change?

bunghole SMhorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. SMhorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. SMhorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. SMhorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. SMhorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. SMhorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. SMhorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. SMhorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. SMhorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. SMhorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. SMhorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night.
    Good for you.

Don't do anything stupid like Paleo or other fad diets. Eat meat, carbs, vegetables, twinkies, etc...just eat 1000 calories less than you burn per day. You will lose 2 lbs per week on average.

Go easy on the exercise with a 1k calorie deficit. Recover tends to be a little slower.

Don't beat yourself up over going out once in a while. Just incorporate it into your plan and it won't derail you.

Good luck.

asshat kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun's Avatar
    If you want to lose weight, you really can't drink during the week regularly. Also, avoid soft drinks. I did the calorie deficit method and it worked well for me. Fad diets don't work long term because people stop following them and gain it all back. You have to change your eating habits permanently.

asshat lonestar3 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? lonestar3 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? lonestar3 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? lonestar3 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? lonestar3 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? lonestar3 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? lonestar3 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? lonestar3 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? lonestar3 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? lonestar3 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? lonestar3 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? lonestar3's Avatar
    I was aiming for a 6-pack by summer, but will probably just end up enjoying a 12-pack this weekend.

Good luck to you. I went from hitting the gym 4/5 times a week and, since dove season started, have seen that dwindle down to once a week. I'm about to ramp it back up with the rest of the 1/1 fitness crowd.

Lots of chicken/broccoli/brown rice in my near future I fear.

asshat Walden Ponderer probably preboards planes Walden Ponderer probably preboards planes Walden Ponderer probably preboards planes Walden Ponderer probably preboards planes Walden Ponderer probably preboards planes Walden Ponderer probably preboards planes Walden Ponderer probably preboards planes Walden Ponderer probably preboards planes Walden Ponderer probably preboards planes Walden Ponderer probably preboards planes Walden Ponderer probably preboards planes Walden Ponderer's Avatar
    That man is richest whose pleasures are the cheapest.
    Quote Originally Posted by horn4life View Post
    In the end I am going to try to avoid processed carbs and sugar of any kind from this point forward. I know that complete elimination is not possible over time, but I am determined to be pretty strict these first three months.
    Our whole family is going zero processed sugar this year (with the goal of eventually eliminating the processed flours, too, but that might take longer).

Gave up booze six months ago, and it's amazing how much easier it is to lose weight when all of those liquid sugars are gone from one's diet.

asshat Both Tacos Shaggy Silver Club Both Tacos Shaggy Silver Club Both Tacos Shaggy Silver Club Both Tacos Shaggy Silver Club Both Tacos Shaggy Silver Club Both Tacos Shaggy Silver Club Both Tacos Shaggy Silver Club Both Tacos Shaggy Silver Club Both Tacos Shaggy Silver Club Both Tacos Shaggy Silver Club Both Tacos Shaggy Silver Club Both Tacos's Avatar
    I'll see your 5'10 250 lbs and raise you 6'2 301 as of this morning. Holidays took me over the 300 mark. I've never been at this weight and know it's taking a toll on my body.

asshat Dawn Keibals Shaggy Gold Club Dawn Keibals Shaggy Gold Club Dawn Keibals Shaggy Gold Club Dawn Keibals Shaggy Gold Club Dawn Keibals Shaggy Gold Club Dawn Keibals Shaggy Gold Club Dawn Keibals Shaggy Gold Club Dawn Keibals Shaggy Gold Club Dawn Keibals Shaggy Gold Club Dawn Keibals Shaggy Gold Club Dawn Keibals Shaggy Gold Club Dawn Keibals's Avatar
    Good luck, I hope it works out for you. I've pretty much given up. I'm not really all that fat (5'10", 200lb) but have had the dibeettus for several years now. I take the meds but they don't really help, Was gonna do the insulin but there is no generic available so my insurance only pays half and I'm not paying $190 a month for that $#@!, 100+ years it's been around, and no generics. The Lantis pens are no different than the epipens as far as price/generic goes-funny how they'll pay more for cutting off your feets and stuff, than trying to prevent it.

I did start exercising a couple of times over the years but just couldn't keep it up--I don't like it. I did buy some walking shoes last week as that was one of my excuses for not walking, but still haven't started. I just really have a sedentary lifestyle, always have and can't overcome it. Sorry for the buzzkill, but really hope it works out for you

asshat zepol87 Shaggy Gold Club zepol87 Shaggy Gold Club zepol87 Shaggy Gold Club zepol87 Shaggy Gold Club zepol87 Shaggy Gold Club zepol87 Shaggy Gold Club zepol87 Shaggy Gold Club zepol87 Shaggy Gold Club zepol87 Shaggy Gold Club zepol87 Shaggy Gold Club zepol87 Shaggy Gold Club zepol87's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Both Tacos View Post
    I'll see your 5'10 250 lbs and raise you 6'2 301 as of this morning. Holidays took me over the 300 mark. I've never been at this weight and know it's taking a toll on my body.
    Holidays got me. I have been pretty good this winter and got a $#@! ton stronger but checked the scale this morning and hit 241. Pretty pissed off but I have been drinking like a fish so that does not help

Will be in on this. Just turned 36 but not at my heaviest. Certainly at my weakest though in everything. Will be doing full blown physical in New Year like OP. Right now 6'3 and 267 as of this morning. Really really really want to be under 230.

asshat Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu's Avatar
    Whatever you do.. don't do what SMhorn suggests. Stick with Keto and you'll do fine.

dipshit Horne grows his own roses Horne grows his own roses Horne grows his own roses Horne grows his own roses Horne grows his own roses Horne grows his own roses Horne grows his own roses Horne grows his own roses Horne grows his own roses Horne grows his own roses Horne grows his own roses
    I'm in.

I am 5'10" and 190 at 35 yo. I was married in November and will be a father soon, god-willing. Now is going to be my time if I am ever going to get my diet in check and get into a regular exercise regimen.

I have a program that I am going to be starting in January that is both a training and nutrition program designed to get me lean and fit. It is going to be brutal and it is going to be very very hard for me to maintain the self discipline needed to complete it. But, I don't really have any other choice if I want to be in this life for the long-term.

asshat Gil Bang Shaggy Platinum Gil Bang Shaggy Platinum Gil Bang Shaggy Platinum Gil Bang Shaggy Platinum Gil Bang Shaggy Platinum Gil Bang Shaggy Platinum Gil Bang Shaggy Platinum Gil Bang Shaggy Platinum Gil Bang Shaggy Platinum Gil Bang Shaggy Platinum Gil Bang Shaggy Platinum Gil Bang's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Both Tacos View Post
    username checks out

asshat BA93 Shaggy Silver Club BA93 Shaggy Silver Club BA93 Shaggy Silver Club BA93 Shaggy Silver Club BA93 Shaggy Silver Club BA93 Shaggy Silver Club BA93 Shaggy Silver Club BA93 Shaggy Silver Club BA93 Shaggy Silver Club BA93 Shaggy Silver Club BA93 Shaggy Silver Club
    Just remember that if you're mainly concerned about losing weight, what you eat is almost everything. Going to the gym is great but will do little for weight loss if you still eat/drink for $#@!. And drop the alcohol completely. Use that as the carrot that once you lose the weight, you can work the alcohol back into your life.

asshat T'Boo Ted Marshall might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? T'Boo Ted Marshall might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? T'Boo Ted Marshall might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? T'Boo Ted Marshall might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? T'Boo Ted Marshall might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? T'Boo Ted Marshall might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? T'Boo Ted Marshall might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? T'Boo Ted Marshall might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? T'Boo Ted Marshall might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? T'Boo Ted Marshall might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? T'Boo Ted Marshall might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? T'Boo Ted Marshall's Avatar
    I'm in good shape but looking to lean out. I check in at 42 yo 6'1" and 195.
    Aiming to get down to my fighting weight at 182-185. I can do it pretty easily but weekends on the lease set my results back.

Banned utexas_61 Shaggy Gold Club utexas_61 Shaggy Gold Club utexas_61 Shaggy Gold Club utexas_61 Shaggy Gold Club utexas_61 Shaggy Gold Club utexas_61 Shaggy Gold Club utexas_61 Shaggy Gold Club utexas_61 Shaggy Gold Club utexas_61 Shaggy Gold Club utexas_61 Shaggy Gold Club utexas_61 Shaggy Gold Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    Whatever you do.. don't do what SMhorn suggests. Stick with Keto and you'll do fine.
    I still don't think keto is necessary, but yeah, SMhorn gave some garbage advice.

asshat Old96er Probably Shaggy upper class Old96er Probably Shaggy upper class Old96er Probably Shaggy upper class Old96er Probably Shaggy upper class Old96er Probably Shaggy upper class Old96er Probably Shaggy upper class Old96er Probably Shaggy upper class Old96er Probably Shaggy upper class Old96er Probably Shaggy upper class Old96er Probably Shaggy upper class Old96er Probably Shaggy upper class Old96er's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Keibals View Post
    Good luck, I hope it works out for you. I've pretty much given up. I'm not really all that fat (5'10", 200lb) but have had the dibeettus for several years now. I take the meds but they don't really help, Was gonna do the insulin but there is no generic available so my insurance only pays half and I'm not paying $190 a month for that $#@!, 100+ years it's been around, and no generics. The Lantis pens are no different than the epipens as far as price/generic goes-funny how they'll pay more for cutting off your feets and stuff, than trying to prevent it.

I did start exercising a couple of times over the years but just couldn't keep it up--I don't like it. I did buy some walking shoes last week as that was one of my excuses for not walking, but still haven't started. I just really have a sedentary lifestyle, always have and can't overcome it. Sorry for the buzzkill, but really hope it works out for you
    Get a bike or treadmill and park that bitch in front of your 50 inch tv. Just walk and watch. You are going to watch anyway. You have to change the hate of exercise and just make it routine. Like brushing your teeth or walking the dog(hey!).

But start small. Walk through the commercials. Or the first quarter of your oprah shows. Whatever.

No excuses. Play like a champion.

Ive lost 40lbs since 8.1. Read marksdailyapple. Buy his book. I havent worked out much over 30 mins at any one time. Only run sprints. Havent run over 8 miles total.
    Only eat real food.

Pm me if u have any questions. Good luck
    Last edited by Post Oak; 12-30-2016 at 07:25 PM.

asshat Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament's Avatar
    If you're truly serious about losing weight, quit all the alcohol.

I use My Fitness Pal and love it. Just start out logging what you eat. In a week, you'll find yourself sufficiently fat-shamed and you'll know, in detail, what to change.

I've lost over 50 lbs since mid July. Had to get 3 stents and that gave me all the incentive I needed to finally get to work. Below is what worked for me. I also found out I was pre-diabetic at that time. As of Dec 1st, all my numbers are now optimal. Even my blood sugar is the in the bottom half of the normal range. I do carry the genetic marker that causes all cholesterol to be wrapped in an extra protein that makes it sticky and causes blockages. So, for me, I need to avoid all cholesterol since with that extra stickiness, all of it can be bad. Below is what worked for me.

1. Sign up for myfitnesspal.com. Get the app. Log everything you eat. Every single $#@!ing thing. It helps keep you in line. It is an invaluable tool. I"ve never found anything that's not already in their database. People have even gone to the trouble to build out nutrition info for local restaurants like Waterloo.

2. Exercise. Here is my routine:

SUN 45 MIN cardio (15 BIKE, 15 TREADMILL, 15 ELLIPTICAL); Upper Body Weights (5x2x12) Lower Body Weights (3x2x12)
    MON Off
    TUE 45 MIN cardio (15 BIKE, 15 TREADMILL, 15 ELLIPTICAL); Upper Body Weights (5x2x12) Lower Body Weights (3x2x12)
    WED 60 MIN cardio (30 BIKE, 15 TREADMILL, 15 ELLIPTICAL); Kettle Bell Routine (4x2x20)
    THU 45 MIN cardio (15 BIKE, 15 TREADMILL, 15 ELLIPTICAL); Upper Body Weights (5x2x12) Lower Body Weights (3x2x12)
    FRI Off
    SAT 45 MIN cardio (15 BIKE, 15 TREADMILL, 15 ELLIPTICAL); Upper Body Weights (5x2x12) Lower Body Weights (3x2x12) OR 1.5-2 hour mountain biking

3. Diet

Breakfast < 300 calories

Now, every single day I eat 1 small avocado & 1 dry slice of Oro Wheat 12 Grain toast. It's 250 calories total.

I have varied it in the past with these that also come in around 250 calories:
    - vegetarian chorizo/egg white taco on a low carb wheat tortilla
    -Huevos rancheros (1 egg on a chalupa shell smeared with 1/4 cup refried black beans, covered in salsa, no cheese)
    -1 slice of toast, 1 fried egg white, 1 oz of smoked salmon
    -Breakfast sandwich - 1 slice of bread or english muffin, ham, 1 egg or egg white

Lunch (< 500 calories):
    These are my most common lunches:
    -1/2 bag of the Dole chopped salad mix, Power Greens mix, etc. with minimal dressing and one box of a Pacific soup
    -Sriracha Beef & Cabbage bowl (93% lean or turkey breast)
    -A grilled chicken breast or a link of turkey sausage at a Mann's Nourish fresh vegetable bowl (buy them once at HEB then make your own if you want)
    -Chicken or turkey wrap with shredded cabbage on a Flatout low carb wrap

If I go out for lunch, these are some decent options I've found:
    -Taco Cabana Chicken fajita taco combo with a side of beans instead of chips/queso
    -Tarka Vegetable Jalfrezi but only eat half or less of the rice
    -Smoked Turkey sandwich, no sides at Terry Blacks
    -Central Market Spicy Thai salmon burger with a side salad
    -Freebirds salad with chicken

Dinner (<700 calories)
    Usually same kind of menu as lunch.

When I started I was eating 1000-1200 calories every day. Now, I now am in the 1400-1600 range. Many days I just can't even eat that much any more. Today I had my standard breakfast (250 calories); a turkey sausage link (200 calories) and a Nourish bowl (220 calories); for dinner I had migas (2 eggs, some pico de gallo, and 7 tortilla chips) for another 300 calories or so. So, I stayed around 1,000 calories and that was more than plenty. For me, other than keeping cholesterol in check, dieting has been about fixing my portion size. It took 4 solid months of hard core dieting for my body to adjust but it did adjust. Those first 4 month did suck.

asshat Dillo Pad Probably Shaggy upper class Dillo Pad Probably Shaggy upper class Dillo Pad Probably Shaggy upper class Dillo Pad Probably Shaggy upper class Dillo Pad Probably Shaggy upper class Dillo Pad Probably Shaggy upper class Dillo Pad Probably Shaggy upper class Dillo Pad Probably Shaggy upper class Dillo Pad Probably Shaggy upper class Dillo Pad Probably Shaggy upper class Dillo Pad Probably Shaggy upper class Dillo Pad's Avatar
    Hoping on in. I plan on losing 2-3lbs per week for a while. No booze, sodas, and other $#@!. Going to eat right and drop about 50-60lbs. I am hoping to be there by the summer.

This is gonna suck. But it has to be done.

Thats the way to do it. Baby steps. 2lbs a week. Steady. Adds up quick.

asshat Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CooterBrown View Post
    I've lost over 50 lbs since mid July. Had to get 3 stents and that gave me all the incentive I needed to finally get to work. Below is what worked for me. I also found out I was pre-diabetic at that time. As of Dec 1st, all my numbers are now optimal. Even my blood sugar is the in the bottom half of the normal range. I do carry the genetic marker that causes all cholesterol to be wrapped in an extra protein that makes it sticky and causes blockages. So, for me, I need to avoid all cholesterol since with that extra stickiness, all of it can be bad. Below is what worked for me.

1. Sign up for myfitnesspal.com. Get the app. Log everything you eat. Every single $#@!ing thing. It helps keep you in line. It is an invaluable tool. I"ve never found anything that's not already in their database. People have even gone to the trouble to build out nutrition info for local restaurants like Waterloo.

2. Exercise. Here is my routine:

SUN 45 MIN cardio (15 BIKE, 15 TREADMILL, 15 ELLIPTICAL); Upper Body Weights (5x2x12) Lower Body Weights (3x2x12)
    MON Off
    TUE 45 MIN cardio (15 BIKE, 15 TREADMILL, 15 ELLIPTICAL); Upper Body Weights (5x2x12) Lower Body Weights (3x2x12)
    WED 60 MIN cardio (30 BIKE, 15 TREADMILL, 15 ELLIPTICAL); Kettle Bell Routine (4x2x20)
    THU 45 MIN cardio (15 BIKE, 15 TREADMILL, 15 ELLIPTICAL); Upper Body Weights (5x2x12) Lower Body Weights (3x2x12)
    FRI Off
    SAT 45 MIN cardio (15 BIKE, 15 TREADMILL, 15 ELLIPTICAL); Upper Body Weights (5x2x12) Lower Body Weights (3x2x12) OR 1.5-2 hour mountain biking

3. Diet

Breakfast < 300 calories

Now, every single day I eat 1 small avocado & 1 dry slice of Oro Wheat 12 Grain toast. It's 250 calories total.

I have varied it in the past with these that also come in around 250 calories:
    - vegetarian chorizo/egg white taco on a low carb wheat tortilla
    -Huevos rancheros (1 egg on a chalupa shell smeared with 1/4 cup refried black beans, covered in salsa, no cheese)
    -1 slice of toast, 1 fried egg white, 1 oz of smoked salmon
    -Breakfast sandwich - 1 slice of bread or english muffin, ham, 1 egg or egg white

Lunch (< 500 calories):
    These are my most common lunches:
    -1/2 bag of the Dole chopped salad mix, Power Greens mix, etc. with minimal dressing and one box of a Pacific soup
    -Sriracha Beef & Cabbage bowl (93% lean or turkey breast)
    -A grilled chicken breast or a link of turkey sausage at a Mann's Nourish fresh vegetable bowl (buy them once at HEB then make your own if you want)
    -Chicken or turkey wrap with shredded cabbage on a Flatout low carb wrap

If I go out for lunch, these are some decent options I've found:
    -Taco Cabana Chicken fajita taco combo with a side of beans instead of chips/queso
    -Tarka Vegetable Jalfrezi but only eat half or less of the rice
    -Smoked Turkey sandwich, no sides at Terry Blacks
    -Central Market Spicy Thai salmon burger with a side salad
    -Freebirds salad with chicken

Dinner (<700 calories)
    Usually same kind of menu as lunch.

When I started I was eating 1000-1200 calories every day. Now, I now am in the 1400-1600 range. Many days I just can't even eat that much any more. Today I had my standard breakfast (250 calories); a turkey sausage link (200 calories) and a Nourish bowl (220 calories); for dinner I had migas (2 eggs, some pico de gallo, and 7 tortilla chips) for another 300 calories or so. So, I stayed around 1,000 calories and that was more than plenty. For me, other than keeping cholesterol in check, dieting has been about fixing my portion size. It took 4 solid months of hard core dieting for my body to adjust but it did adjust. Those first 4 month did suck.
    MFP isn't perfect though. It assumes a person of your gender, weight and age burns XXX calories "just being" (with exercise on top.) People can vary a LOT from that. Myself, I burn 300 calories a day less than MFP. My sister 200. Ie, we gotta eat somewhat less than MFP says we can get by with.

Also, be realistic with your portion size. I've read EVERYBODY underestimates portion size.

asshat fluff Shaggy Bronze Club fluff Shaggy Bronze Club fluff Shaggy Bronze Club fluff Shaggy Bronze Club fluff Shaggy Bronze Club fluff Shaggy Bronze Club fluff Shaggy Bronze Club fluff Shaggy Bronze Club fluff Shaggy Bronze Club fluff Shaggy Bronze Club fluff Shaggy Bronze Club
    Just to add on to others, MyFitnessPal is bad ass. I lost 10 pounds in the spring in no time by logging my food intake. It is an incredible motivation to see the calories consumed and how long it will take you to achieve your goal weight.

I have since gained those 10 pounds back so I am getting back on board.

asshat Ernest_t_bass Shaggy Gold Club Ernest_t_bass Shaggy Gold Club Ernest_t_bass Shaggy Gold Club Ernest_t_bass Shaggy Gold Club Ernest_t_bass Shaggy Gold Club Ernest_t_bass Shaggy Gold Club Ernest_t_bass Shaggy Gold Club Ernest_t_bass Shaggy Gold Club Ernest_t_bass Shaggy Gold Club Ernest_t_bass Shaggy Gold Club Ernest_t_bass Shaggy Gold Club Ernest_t_bass's Avatar
    Become a hardcore alcoholic, average the equivalent of ~three 30 packs per week, and then give it up and work out heavily. I dropped 60 pounds in about 7 months, and I've kept it off for another 14.

asshat Xminus6 grows his own roses Xminus6 grows his own roses Xminus6 grows his own roses Xminus6 grows his own roses Xminus6 grows his own roses Xminus6 grows his own roses Xminus6 grows his own roses Xminus6 grows his own roses Xminus6 grows his own roses Xminus6 grows his own roses Xminus6 grows his own roses Xminus6's Avatar
    https://www.amazon.com/Obesity-Code-...s=obesity+code

This is a book that I recommend all you guys looking to transform your body read. It's less of a "here's my crazy diet plan" book but more of a book that explains the body chemistry behind obesity and Type II diabetes. It changed my life for the better. I've fallen off the wagon a bit over the holidays but I'm still much better off at the beginning of this year than I was last year.

Glad to see so many posts when I came back! At least for me misery does love company.

Keto scientifically is the fastest way to lose body fat. Additionally the drastic reduction in carbs is the best way to try and reset the insulin resistance my cells are beginning to have. Usually I swim a lot and walk and run some when shedding pounds. I find that for me that exercise is the key to focusing on my diet, simply as I hate to toss away the hard work with terrible food choices. One thing that has helped me in the past is having a body mass index function on my scale. I want to see the weight come off by I also understand plateaus are a reality. But with the BMI I can see the shift to more muscle mass a lot of the time when I am not shedding the pounds I am hoping for. I also know that if you go restrictive day after day your body will adjust and become more efficient. So I will absolutely vary my daily caloric intake and anticipate higher calorie cheat days where I will likely consume alcohol.

Fun fact_ did you know a half gallon of Jack has 4160 calories? I think I've gone through 5 since we lost to Kansas. So there's that...

asshat Rip76 Shaggy Silver Club Rip76 Shaggy Silver Club Rip76 Shaggy Silver Club Rip76 Shaggy Silver Club Rip76 Shaggy Silver Club Rip76 Shaggy Silver Club Rip76 Shaggy Silver Club Rip76 Shaggy Silver Club Rip76 Shaggy Silver Club Rip76 Shaggy Silver Club Rip76 Shaggy Silver Club Rip76's Avatar
    About 5 or so years ago, this helped me tremendously.

www.bodyforlife.com

Exercises, weights, cardio, recipes... it's all on the site.
    I never purchased any supplements from them.
    Just stayed on a strict diet, cardio, workout schedule.

They say you get one cheat day.

I cheated from Fri night - Sunday.

bunghole pops Shaggy Bronze Club pops Shaggy Bronze Club pops Shaggy Bronze Club pops Shaggy Bronze Club pops Shaggy Bronze Club pops Shaggy Bronze Club pops Shaggy Bronze Club pops Shaggy Bronze Club pops Shaggy Bronze Club pops Shaggy Bronze Club pops Shaggy Bronze Club pops's Avatar
    Go to a men's clinic and get your blood work done. If your test is below 600 or so, start shooting up. It is the 1st half of the equation. The other is diet.

6'6, 285 here. I did MFP and just calorie restriction for a year, got down to 251 but I was miserable. I plateaued hard the last month or so. I just couldn't get enough to eat, I felt like I was starving all the time. I have 2 herniated discs and my doc said I couldn't really do much exercising other than walking and I hate walking. But he said the diet was what was most important anyway and that's my main issue. I don't have a lot of foods that I want to eat, my diet is pretty basic. Also, i tend to burn out on whatever I'm eating. I was eating so much lettuce, I want to punch someone that brings a salad my way.

My dad (normal size, not a fatass) had a massive heart attack this year and it has been weighing on my mind. I'm 43 and I want to be around for another 40 years. I need to drop about 50-60 lbs but the thought of doing it is pretty overwhelming. I know, that makes me sound like a huge pussy (literally!) but it's the truth.

I gave up sweets and potato chips, years ago after my kids were born. I was 230 and hated it. That worked, I was 190 until I fell off the wagon. I gave up chips a few months ago and I told my wife I was dropping sweets after christmas. I guess I'm not too concerned about the number, I just want to feel better and have my clothes fit better. If I felt like a million bucks at 245 and my clothes fit great, I'd be happy.

asshat dad might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dad might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dad might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dad might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dad might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dad might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dad might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dad might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dad might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dad might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dad might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dad's Avatar
    I started off 2016 at 5'8" 200 lbs and with the help of my fitness pal and exercise I got all the way to 165 by the summer. I've since come back to 180 mainly because I've had negative influences to munch out every day after work.

asshat Francisco Scaramonga might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Francisco Scaramonga might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Francisco Scaramonga might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Francisco Scaramonga might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Francisco Scaramonga might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Francisco Scaramonga might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Francisco Scaramonga might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Francisco Scaramonga might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Francisco Scaramonga might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Francisco Scaramonga might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Francisco Scaramonga might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Francisco Scaramonga's Avatar
    10 years ago, I dropped at least 40 (might be closer to 50, didn't really track it at first) to get to 167. I had quit sodas, and cut back on the junk. Divorced, was single for a while, then remarried. Weighed 193 at that time.

Our son was born 6 years ago; weighed 204. Oh, 5' 10" for the height.

Today, I'm around 210 or so. Not happy with myself. My goal for 2017 is to lose at least 20. I'll be 50 this year, and want to weigh 190 or less.

Had a physical just over a year ago. All my vitals, bloodwork, everything is great...I just am heavier and have less energy than I would like.

asshat Anastasis Probably Shaggy upper class Anastasis Probably Shaggy upper class Anastasis Probably Shaggy upper class Anastasis Probably Shaggy upper class Anastasis Probably Shaggy upper class Anastasis Probably Shaggy upper class Anastasis Probably Shaggy upper class Anastasis Probably Shaggy upper class Anastasis Probably Shaggy upper class Anastasis Probably Shaggy upper class Anastasis Probably Shaggy upper class Anastasis's Avatar
    Anybody done ideal protein?

I have no advice but good luck to everyone

asshat BA93 Shaggy Silver Club BA93 Shaggy Silver Club BA93 Shaggy Silver Club BA93 Shaggy Silver Club BA93 Shaggy Silver Club BA93 Shaggy Silver Club BA93 Shaggy Silver Club BA93 Shaggy Silver Club BA93 Shaggy Silver Club BA93 Shaggy Silver Club BA93 Shaggy Silver Club
    some of you overthink this a bit. Instead of trying a special diet, just cut out the fast food and booze and add in some healthy food. Definitely watch the calories. If a diet fad or book helps you with those decisions, cool. Add in some light exercise. Then as it becomes a habit, add more training or stringent diet.

When someone goes from horrible eating and zero exercise to strict diet and 2 hrs/day at the gym, the failure rate has to 99.99% within a month.

But good luck on whatever you try

asshat SBBruin Definitely Shaggy upper class SBBruin Definitely Shaggy upper class SBBruin Definitely Shaggy upper class SBBruin Definitely Shaggy upper class SBBruin Definitely Shaggy upper class SBBruin Definitely Shaggy upper class SBBruin Definitely Shaggy upper class SBBruin Definitely Shaggy upper class SBBruin Definitely Shaggy upper class SBBruin Definitely Shaggy upper class SBBruin Definitely Shaggy upper class SBBruin's Avatar

A man who has embraced the lazy. Good work.

About 6 yrs ago I dropped 30 lbs in 4 months just watching what I eat and working out more regularly. I've gained 20 of it back. Time to get back on this horse. Tomorrow.
    Last edited by SBBruin; 12-31-2016 at 10:04 AM.

asshat HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames's Avatar
    This thread is just fine without pics.

asshat BearSchlong Probably Shaggy upper class BearSchlong Probably Shaggy upper class BearSchlong Probably Shaggy upper class BearSchlong Probably Shaggy upper class BearSchlong Probably Shaggy upper class BearSchlong Probably Shaggy upper class BearSchlong Probably Shaggy upper class BearSchlong Probably Shaggy upper class BearSchlong Probably Shaggy upper class BearSchlong Probably Shaggy upper class BearSchlong Probably Shaggy upper class BearSchlong's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    Yep. Smhorn obviously doesn't know $#@! about hormones or insulin.

Reddit.com/r/keto. I'm in the best shape of my life at 44.

Also you cannot out exercise a bad diet.

$#@! all that cardio, go download stronglifts 5x5 and go lift bro.
    Last edited by BearSchlong; 12-31-2016 at 10:09 AM.

asshat the immortal Elvis Presto might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? the immortal Elvis Presto might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? the immortal Elvis Presto might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? the immortal Elvis Presto might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? the immortal Elvis Presto might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? the immortal Elvis Presto might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? the immortal Elvis Presto might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? the immortal Elvis Presto might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? the immortal Elvis Presto might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? the immortal Elvis Presto might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? the immortal Elvis Presto might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? the immortal Elvis Presto's Avatar
    I started keto back in august and lost 28lbs. I quit drinking for about a month but have since resumed. I also got on TRT and that makes a huge difference when it comes to workout & motivation to workout. my T was at 290 and its now at 800. It feels good to lift weights and workout.

Keto is no better than a normal, healthy diet with the exact same calories.

bunghole pops Shaggy Bronze Club pops Shaggy Bronze Club pops Shaggy Bronze Club pops Shaggy Bronze Club pops Shaggy Bronze Club pops Shaggy Bronze Club pops Shaggy Bronze Club pops Shaggy Bronze Club pops Shaggy Bronze Club pops Shaggy Bronze Club pops Shaggy Bronze Club pops's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BearSchlong View Post
    Yep. Smhorn obviously doesn't know $#@! about hormones or insulin.

Reddit.com/r/keto. I'm in the best shape of my life at 44.

Also you cannot out exercise a bad diet.

$#@! all that cardio, go download stronglifts 5x5 and go lift bro.
    This too

You can get Lantis for free or at a greatly reduced cost. Look on the Lantis website and you'll see the coupons. The good news is that it also goes against your deductible.

Don't give up on your meds. I have not done a good job controlling my A1C and it shows in my feet. The neuropathy is pretty bad to the point that I have very little feeling left in my feet. Fortunately my eyes and kidneys are healthy and my sugar level control is improving.

Banned utexas_61 Shaggy Gold Club utexas_61 Shaggy Gold Club utexas_61 Shaggy Gold Club utexas_61 Shaggy Gold Club utexas_61 Shaggy Gold Club utexas_61 Shaggy Gold Club utexas_61 Shaggy Gold Club utexas_61 Shaggy Gold Club utexas_61 Shaggy Gold Club utexas_61 Shaggy Gold Club utexas_61 Shaggy Gold Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Parliament View Post

Why can't keto be normal or healthy?

asshat BearSchlong Probably Shaggy upper class BearSchlong Probably Shaggy upper class BearSchlong Probably Shaggy upper class BearSchlong Probably Shaggy upper class BearSchlong Probably Shaggy upper class BearSchlong Probably Shaggy upper class BearSchlong Probably Shaggy upper class BearSchlong Probably Shaggy upper class BearSchlong Probably Shaggy upper class BearSchlong Probably Shaggy upper class BearSchlong Probably Shaggy upper class BearSchlong's Avatar
    Keto actually is a normal, healthy diet.
    Last edited by BearSchlong; 12-31-2016 at 12:21 PM.

bunghole Not-a-friend can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Not-a-friend can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Not-a-friend can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Not-a-friend can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Not-a-friend can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Not-a-friend can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Not-a-friend can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Not-a-friend can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Not-a-friend can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Not-a-friend can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Not-a-friend can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night.
    I'm jumping in on this!

I lost almost 60 pounds when I turned 40 (seven years ago). I was quite the fat ass and I did it by cutting out soda and changing my diet. I got down to about 195 (I'm 6ft.) Of course, I stopped watching what I ate and I gained it all back in about a year. Then, I lost it all again for about a year and gained it all back. I've been at about 250 for a few years and not really paid much attention. A few weeks ago, I was staying at the Venetian in Vegas and they had a scale in the bathroom. I stepped on it and saw that I was 287!!!! Oh $#@!!!!

Tomorrow, I'm doing this. Getting my diet back in order and exercising again. Good luck to all you guys, it's tough but needs to be done!

asshat HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by utexas_61 View Post
    Why can't keto be normal or healthy?
    Because you can't drink beer.

Quote Originally Posted by HenryJames View Post
    Because you can't drink beer.
    Touché

asshat Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu's Avatar
    Point me to one study that confirms this statement.

I'm in. 53, 5'10", 235#

bunghole gmr548 Shaggy Bronze Club gmr548 Shaggy Bronze Club gmr548 Shaggy Bronze Club gmr548 Shaggy Bronze Club gmr548 Shaggy Bronze Club gmr548 Shaggy Bronze Club gmr548 Shaggy Bronze Club gmr548 Shaggy Bronze Club gmr548 Shaggy Bronze Club gmr548 Shaggy Bronze Club gmr548 Shaggy Bronze Club
    Good luck to all. The best advice is to do what works and what you'll stick with. It's been said already, but if you just avoid drinking your calories (No diet soda either, it's still trash) and eating processed, sugary junk, you'll be amazed at how the weight just falls off.

asshat zepol87 Shaggy Gold Club zepol87 Shaggy Gold Club zepol87 Shaggy Gold Club zepol87 Shaggy Gold Club zepol87 Shaggy Gold Club zepol87 Shaggy Gold Club zepol87 Shaggy Gold Club zepol87 Shaggy Gold Club zepol87 Shaggy Gold Club zepol87 Shaggy Gold Club zepol87 Shaggy Gold Club zepol87's Avatar
    Hitting this up starting next week.

https://www.t-nation.com/workouts/6-weeks-to-superhero

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast