+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,550 of 3037

Thread: 2017 Golf Thread

Swing starts at 20 sec.

asshat spystud13 Shaggy Platinum spystud13 Shaggy Platinum spystud13 Shaggy Platinum spystud13 Shaggy Platinum spystud13 Shaggy Platinum spystud13 Shaggy Platinum spystud13 Shaggy Platinum spystud13 Shaggy Platinum spystud13 Shaggy Platinum spystud13 Shaggy Platinum spystud13 Shaggy Platinum
    Embedded

asshat Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu's Avatar
    oh yeah.. you start pushing off the right leg and throwing with the right arm a lot quicker than I thought. come up to pittsburgh and I'll fix you up real nice. your backswing is legit. I love it

bunghole Hornsofhookem can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Hornsofhookem can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Hornsofhookem can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Hornsofhookem can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Hornsofhookem can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Hornsofhookem can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Hornsofhookem can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Hornsofhookem can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Hornsofhookem can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Hornsofhookem can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Hornsofhookem can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night.
    If Paige spiranac beats Tony romo in golf tomorrow that would have to be a bigger story than Russia or bengazi

bunghole hacker grows his own roses hacker grows his own roses hacker grows his own roses hacker grows his own roses hacker grows his own roses hacker grows his own roses hacker grows his own roses hacker grows his own roses hacker grows his own roses hacker grows his own roses hacker grows his own roses
    Here's my swing.

asshat Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    Here's my swing.
    User name does not match the swing.. very solid. what is your miss?

Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    Este. Really nice looking swing.

asshat MatthewM. might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MatthewM. might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MatthewM. might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MatthewM. might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MatthewM. might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MatthewM. might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MatthewM. might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MatthewM. might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MatthewM. might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MatthewM. might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MatthewM. might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MatthewM.'s Avatar
    Streamsong...absolutely worth the price of admission. Once you arrive on property you basically feel transported to another location outside the state of Florida. Was hot as $#@! on the back nine, finished 43-47, should've been closer to an 85 but I forgot how to chip on two holes. I did close with a birdie on 18 to beat my buddy so it was a good day. Will be going back for the full stay and play experience.

My one gripe was the requirement of a forecaddie for a twosome. It cost us over $80 and he wasn't really that helpful or knowledgeable of the layout, granted it was an 18 year old kid. A forecaddie for a foursome I'd be fine with, but for two it didn't help with pace of play, we were already paired with two walkers that had their own caddie.

If I knew how to post pics from my phone I would share some.

asshat dgvillere might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dgvillere might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dgvillere might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dgvillere might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dgvillere might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dgvillere might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dgvillere might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dgvillere might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dgvillere might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dgvillere might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dgvillere might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge?
    https://youtu.be/gyOVihUsKak

Don't know how to inbed

Quote Originally Posted by dgvillere View Post
    https://youtu.be/gyOVihUsKak

Don't know how to inbed
    Apparently you do.

bunghole hacker grows his own roses hacker grows his own roses hacker grows his own roses hacker grows his own roses hacker grows his own roses hacker grows his own roses hacker grows his own roses hacker grows his own roses hacker grows his own roses hacker grows his own roses hacker grows his own roses
    thanks for the kind words - I actually battle a 2-way miss. I hate the low, duck hook left. I can live with a block, even the block cut but the smothered hook left is so damn ugly.

2017 Golf Thread

oh yeah.. you start pushing off the right leg and throwing with the right arm a lot quicker than I thought. come up to pittsburgh and I'll fix you up real nice. your backswing is legit. I love it
    Thanks. Is this a good thing or bad? Sometimes I feel like the lower body lags behind the upper.

Same thing in baseball/softball in my old age. I was always a way better hitter looking up the middle or right side. Anytime I try and pull the ball I feel extremely awkward and almost all arms.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewM. View Post
    Streamsong...absolutely worth the price of admission. Once you arrive on property you basically feel transported to another location outside the state of Florida. Was hot as $#@! on the back nine, finished 43-47, should've been closer to an 85 but I forgot how to chip on two holes. I did close with a birdie on 18 to beat my buddy so it was a good day. Will be going back for the full stay and play experience.

My one gripe was the requirement of a forecaddie for a twosome. It cost us over $80 and he wasn't really that helpful or knowledgeable of the layout, granted it was an 18 year old kid. A forecaddie for a foursome I'd be fine with, but for two it didn't help with pace of play, we were already paired with two walkers that had their own caddie.

If I knew how to post pics from my phone I would share some.
    Re: the caddie point. You may be confusing a forecaddie vs. a regular caddie. Typically a forecaddie won't do anything other than track your shots to speed up play. They shouldn't be knowledgeable on shot selection, reads etc. I know the FC's at my club are basically just young kids who are making summer money. A real caddie will carry putters, clean your wedges when you trade him your putter, know the course & strategy along with reads.

asshat MatthewM. might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MatthewM. might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MatthewM. might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MatthewM. might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MatthewM. might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MatthewM. might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MatthewM. might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MatthewM. might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MatthewM. might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MatthewM. might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MatthewM. might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MatthewM.'s Avatar
    Yea I realize what he should've done but he acted more as a junior caddie than forecaddie. Rode on back of cart, tried to give us distances to green (I ended up quickly giving him my range finder on hole two), he didn't walk ahead to track balls, he raked bunkers and tried to give minimal advice on the greens. I wasn't expecting much out of him because it wasn't really his job, I just don't think anything he did really helped speed up our pace. If a drive went off target we were still looking for balls and stuff like that.

That's on him then. He should have been ahead watching balls etc.

asshat mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong's Avatar
    That does it, Iím taking down my swing pics

Quote Originally Posted by longhorn10 View Post
    If they're a member, I don't have an issue with it. Nice playing stu keep it up!
    I just lost in a playoff to the pro.. haha. Had a 2 shot shot lead going into 18. I 3 putt and he makes a 30 foot putt for birdie with about 10 feet of break and dead downhill. I literally had the lead the entire tournament until the last putt. Golf is a weird game.

asshat VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by texanbychoice View Post
    Re: the caddie point. You may be confusing a forecaddie vs. a regular caddie. Typically a forecaddie won't do anything other than track your shots to speed up play. They shouldn't be knowledgeable on shot selection, reads etc. I know the FC's at my club are basically just young kids who are making summer money. A real caddie will carry putters, clean your wedges when you trade him your putter, know the course & strategy along with reads.
    Forecaddie experience varies pretty widely across the spectrum. I've had a forecaddie that literally did nothing but ride in his own cart and make sure you don't fall behind pace (Desert Highlands in Scottsdale specifically) and forecaddies that do everything a real caddie would do for all four players, except carry the bags.

I would WAY rather know approach distance/place to miss/where the trouble I can't see is than have help looking for balls or raking or cleaning wedges. And I'd say if the guys in the group can play a little bit that's what you typically get.

resident golf pro longhorn10 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? longhorn10 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? longhorn10 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? longhorn10 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? longhorn10 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? longhorn10 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? longhorn10 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? longhorn10 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? longhorn10 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? longhorn10 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? longhorn10 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? longhorn10's Avatar
    I just lost in a playoff to the pro.. haha. Had a 2 shot shot lead going into 18. I 3 putt and he makes a 30 foot putt for birdie with about 10 feet of break and dead downhill. I literally had the lead the entire tournament until the last putt. Golf is a weird game.
    Haha wow that's a tough way to lose. $#@!ing golf.

asshat OCSpur Definitely Shaggy upper class OCSpur Definitely Shaggy upper class OCSpur Definitely Shaggy upper class OCSpur Definitely Shaggy upper class OCSpur Definitely Shaggy upper class OCSpur Definitely Shaggy upper class OCSpur Definitely Shaggy upper class OCSpur Definitely Shaggy upper class OCSpur Definitely Shaggy upper class OCSpur Definitely Shaggy upper class OCSpur Definitely Shaggy upper class OCSpur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by longhorn10 View Post
    Haha wow that's a tough way to lose. $#@!ing golf.
    I have a buddy that back in the mid 60's, he lost the Indiana State Championship match as follows

1-up going to 17 (a par 3)

Buddy hits just short of green, but simple chip ahead

Opponent gets up there and apparently blades a screaming 3i that never gets more than 8ft off the ground, but headed towards the flag......

Ball strikes the flagstick near the top, tangles in the actual flag, and drops straight down in the cup for a $#@!ing hole-in-one

AS

My buddy said he was so shellshocked he bogeyed 18 and lost 1-up.

Had one of my best stretches of ball striking in recent memory this weekend. Shot 73 (+2) from middle tees on Friday playing with youngest (UT rising junior, yes the one whose phone got stole) and a friend and his son (who recently graduated from UT). Saturday and Sunday was our Ryder Cup event, and I shot 78-77 from the tips, halving the best ball match on Saturday with a par on 18 and winning the singles match on Sunday 2 & 1 with a birdie on 17 (3 all day). Despite the 3 birdies and low rounds on Saturday and Sunday I couldn't get putts to fall. 32 putts on Saturday and 34 putts on Sunday. I think the longest putt I made all day Sunday was about 6 feet.

asshat Longhornanth might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Longhornanth might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Longhornanth might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Longhornanth might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Longhornanth might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Longhornanth might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Longhornanth might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Longhornanth might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Longhornanth might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Longhornanth might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Longhornanth might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Longhornanth's Avatar
    Congrats. That 4.5 trend looks great from where I'm sitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornanth View Post
    Congrats. That 4.5 trend looks great from where I'm sitting.
    I'm thinking I need to get about 20 rounds in with the wife before we play again.

Yep golf can be frustrating. Dropped a nice 89 today which is not bad since I quit for a number of years except my hozzle rocket shorts irons came back. I had worked with Barbara Puett before moving and thought they were long gone until today. hit 4 or 5 cold hozzle shanks with 9 or wedge. Also hit one of the ten best shots of my life on a par 4. I hit the drive too far left and had 170 yards to a green with a marsh all down the front and left side. Pin is bottom right. I am on left edge of fairway but huge tree ten yards in front of me and another tree beside it. Can't go to the right except at 90 degrees to get back to middle of fairway. Can't hit anything over the tree and branches are hanging at 15 feet off ground. I channel my inner Bubba Watson since I am a leftie and hit a low punched 5 iron with a 20 yard hook. Ball never gets more than ten feet high and hits six feet below the pin and sticks. Golf pays me back for the effort by having birdie putt hang on edge.

Man, I feel ya on the hosel rockets. Worst I ever had them was in high school. Went through a stretch of a few weeks where the only club I didn't fear was the driver.

Started recording a few range sessions last February when I wanted to really start working on my game.

Fair warning - the first video is pretty disgusting. Latest is after some work with lh10, likely with some old habits mixed in.

Feb '16

July '07

Last edited by vicerous; 07-17-2017 at 07:27 PM.

resident golf pro longhorn10 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? longhorn10 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? longhorn10 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? longhorn10 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? longhorn10 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? longhorn10 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? longhorn10 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? longhorn10 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? longhorn10 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? longhorn10 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? longhorn10 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? longhorn10's Avatar
    Damn that swing is looking good! Come see me soon, we will go play a few holes.

asshat ousuxndallas Shaggy Silver Club ousuxndallas Shaggy Silver Club ousuxndallas Shaggy Silver Club ousuxndallas Shaggy Silver Club ousuxndallas Shaggy Silver Club ousuxndallas Shaggy Silver Club ousuxndallas Shaggy Silver Club ousuxndallas Shaggy Silver Club ousuxndallas Shaggy Silver Club ousuxndallas Shaggy Silver Club ousuxndallas Shaggy Silver Club ousuxndallas's Avatar
    I bought my first Scotty the other day from Craigslist. Regripped with a SuperStroke and damn she rolls great! You just need to bring back low on line, and the putts roll incredible.

Also bought some Vokey wedges and have been spending a lot of hours chipping. The spin those impart on chips is impressive, I wish I had bought them years ago.

purveyor of taste huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge's Avatar
    Regarding handicaps, I play with guys between 5 and 25 handicaps and we all like to gamble. Handicaps allow this. Most everyone keeps theirs up to date and we aren't sandbaggers.

Sorry you dont want to play with us Dixie. We'll always have COD.

asshat HouTex Shaggy Bronze Club HouTex Shaggy Bronze Club HouTex Shaggy Bronze Club HouTex Shaggy Bronze Club HouTex Shaggy Bronze Club HouTex Shaggy Bronze Club HouTex Shaggy Bronze Club HouTex Shaggy Bronze Club HouTex Shaggy Bronze Club HouTex Shaggy Bronze Club HouTex Shaggy Bronze Club
    Quote Originally Posted by huge View Post
    Regarding handicaps, I play with guys between 5 and 25 handicaps and we all like to gamble. Handicaps allow this. Most everyone keeps theirs up to date and we aren't sandbaggers.

Sorry you dont want to play with us Dixie. We'll always have COD.
    Not speaking to Dixie, but several single digit handicaps I know have vanity handicaps. They don't turn in their high scores and only play with others who do the same. They can rarely shoot their handicaps.

asshat 936horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? 936horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? 936horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? 936horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? 936horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? 936horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? 936horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? 936horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? 936horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? 936horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? 936horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? 936horn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HouTex View Post
    Not speaking to Dixie, but several single digit handicaps I know have vanity handicaps. They don't turn in their high scores and only play with others who do the same. They can rarely shoot their handicaps.

I find the same, and I don't even mean not shooting their 'cap. It's totally feasible a single digit cap could blow up and shoot a 90 one day. But you can tell a single digit who is having a bad day vs. a 15 having a normal day on the course banging out a 90. It's funny to me that people keep vanity caps as the betting system would actually encourage you to sandbag, not oversell yourself. I don't get it really as anyone who has played a decent amount of golf can spot a vanity cap

asshat dgvillere might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dgvillere might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dgvillere might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dgvillere might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dgvillere might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dgvillere might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dgvillere might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dgvillere might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dgvillere might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dgvillere might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dgvillere might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge?
    I think the average golfer doesn't really understand handicap. They believe it's nothing more than an average of your last few scores. Vanity or sandbaggers the same. I remember seeing something somewhere that theoretically you should shoot below your cap only 1 out of 5 rounds and even then the more below your cap the higher the odds of shooting that.

Example guy is an 8 cap shoots 75, the odds of that round are not 5 to 1 but closer to 500 to 1. I'll see if I can find that chart.

Quote Originally Posted by 936horn View Post
    I find the same, and I don't even mean not shooting their 'cap. It's totally feasible a single digit cap could blow up and shoot a 90 one day. But you can tell a single digit who is having a bad day vs. a 15 having a normal day on the course banging out a 90. It's funny to me that people keep vanity caps as the betting system would actually encourage you to sandbag, not oversell yourself. I don't get it really as anyone who has played a decent amount of golf can spot a vanity cap
    Vanity handicaps don't bother me in the least. Most of the time, those guys at least take the game seriously, don't play overly slow, etc. $#@!, I'll cop to secretly enjoying seeing my handicap drop, even though I KNOW that I'm not really that good.

Sandbaggers cost me money, and I'll rat them out right quick.

huge's scenario is a bit different, imo. The same group of guys playing together eventually evens out. You also get a feel for everyone's game so you know if someone just got hot that day vs a legit sandbagger. I'm talking a group of 10-15 guys.

asshat HouTex Shaggy Bronze Club HouTex Shaggy Bronze Club HouTex Shaggy Bronze Club HouTex Shaggy Bronze Club HouTex Shaggy Bronze Club HouTex Shaggy Bronze Club HouTex Shaggy Bronze Club HouTex Shaggy Bronze Club HouTex Shaggy Bronze Club HouTex Shaggy Bronze Club HouTex Shaggy Bronze Club
    Quote Originally Posted by capnamerca View Post
    Vanity handicaps don't bother me in the least. Most of the time, those guys at least take the game seriously, don't play overly slow, etc. $#@!, I'll cop to secretly enjoying seeing my handicap drop, even though I KNOW that I'm not really that good.

Sandbaggers cost me money, and I'll rat them out right quick.
    Absolutely this. Sandbaggers are pond s$#@!.

purveyor of taste huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HouTex View Post
    Absolutely this. Sandbaggers are pond s$#@!.

Totally agree with this.

The vanity guys are fine by me, helps my gambling.

asshat mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong's Avatar
    Hey guys have a question.

Iím selling my forged Mizunos and the PW has a pretty good slash out of the bottom towards the face where it struck some metal during swinging. I wanted to know who might be able to repair it at least a little.

Seems like if you had a blowtorch and hammer you could do it but I have no idea. Small Golf store guy near me says he doesnít have the equipment, who might?

Stopped by golf galaxy today someone had mis stickered some adidas tour 360 boost shoes. Priced them at 19.97 and they rang up as such. Needless to say they're now in my car

Stopped by golf galaxy today someone had mis stickered some adidas tour 360 boost shoes. Priced them at 19.97 and they rang up as such. Needless to say they're now in my car
    And that's why you always go look.

asshat Slingeroguitaro might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Slingeroguitaro might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Slingeroguitaro might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Slingeroguitaro might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Slingeroguitaro might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Slingeroguitaro might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Slingeroguitaro might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Slingeroguitaro might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Slingeroguitaro might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Slingeroguitaro might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Slingeroguitaro might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Slingeroguitaro's Avatar
    I got a pair of DryJoy Tours at the $#@!'s in the Domain for $7 during a clearance event in October for that reason. They weren't clearance but they were marked as so and they honored it

bunghole PooperCoog grows his own roses PooperCoog grows his own roses PooperCoog grows his own roses PooperCoog grows his own roses PooperCoog grows his own roses PooperCoog grows his own roses PooperCoog grows his own roses PooperCoog grows his own roses PooperCoog grows his own roses PooperCoog grows his own roses PooperCoog grows his own roses PooperCoog's Avatar
    ANY golf course suggestions in the Corpus Christi area for this Friday?

Quote Originally Posted by PooperCoog View Post
    Skill level? Pamilla beach in Port A is ~50 minutes away. Tough course though.

asshat Wally Banger Shaggy Silver Club Wally Banger Shaggy Silver Club Wally Banger Shaggy Silver Club Wally Banger Shaggy Silver Club Wally Banger Shaggy Silver Club Wally Banger Shaggy Silver Club Wally Banger Shaggy Silver Club Wally Banger Shaggy Silver Club Wally Banger Shaggy Silver Club Wally Banger Shaggy Silver Club Wally Banger Shaggy Silver Club
    Lol. I played Palmilla the day before Fourth of July. I do not recommend for this time of year. Just a miserable round. So hot and humid and windy. Also the "bar/clubhouse" setup is ridiculous. If you make the turn any time close to lunch time, good luck getting beers or a sandwich. And yeah, the course was ridiculously hard especially if you have no familiarity with it. Lots of blindshots that you think will be alright but aren't and anything out of the first cut of rough is GONE.

My irons are absolutely $#@!ing terrible right now. Last 3 rounds total I've hit I think 12 greens. I recently changed grips on them and since then it's been crap. Driver I didn't change grips on and it's fine still hitting about 75% fairways. Go back to the old grips I guess. More $$

Quote Originally Posted by Wally Banger View Post
    Lol. I played Palmilla the day before Fourth of July. I do not recommend for this time of year. Just a miserable round. So hot and humid and windy. Also the "bar/clubhouse" setup is ridiculous. If you make the turn any time close to lunch time, good luck getting beers or a sandwich. And yeah, the course was ridiculously hard especially if you have no familiarity with it. Lots of blindshots that you think will be alright but aren't and anything out of the first cut of rough is GONE.

For sure. I was super hungover as well which made it even MORE FUN.

asshat kingkoopa6 Shaggy Gold Club kingkoopa6 Shaggy Gold Club kingkoopa6 Shaggy Gold Club kingkoopa6 Shaggy Gold Club kingkoopa6 Shaggy Gold Club kingkoopa6 Shaggy Gold Club kingkoopa6 Shaggy Gold Club kingkoopa6 Shaggy Gold Club kingkoopa6 Shaggy Gold Club kingkoopa6 Shaggy Gold Club kingkoopa6 Shaggy Gold Club kingkoopa6's Avatar

asshat VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk Shaggy Bronze Club VolenteHawk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PooperCoog View Post
    Palmilla. It's demanding off the tee but it's a fun layout with a lot of good holes and every lie is perfect...the saltwater tolerant grass plays like zoysia.

But yeah, hit it between the rattlesnakes.

asshat DieUCLA98 Shaggy Bronze Club DieUCLA98 Shaggy Bronze Club DieUCLA98 Shaggy Bronze Club DieUCLA98 Shaggy Bronze Club DieUCLA98 Shaggy Bronze Club DieUCLA98 Shaggy Bronze Club DieUCLA98 Shaggy Bronze Club DieUCLA98 Shaggy Bronze Club DieUCLA98 Shaggy Bronze Club DieUCLA98 Shaggy Bronze Club DieUCLA98 Shaggy Bronze Club DieUCLA98's Avatar
    My irons are absolutely $#@!ing terrible right now. Last 3 rounds total I've hit I think 12 greens. I recently changed grips on them and since then it's been crap. Driver I didn't change grips on and it's fine still hitting about 75% fairways. Go back to the old grips I guess. More $$
    What are the good grips and what are the bad grips?

Indoor putting green project starting.

This is the turf - http://www.ebay.com/itm/54-x-120-Cam...0AAOSw7XZXhj4k
    These will be the cups - http://www.homegolfsupply.com/Golf_C...Green_Cup.html
    I'll post some pics of my office where the green is going in. Tonight's project is to get the floor area cleared and blue-tape the proposed footprint. The frame is going to be 2x6's on the outside, with 2x4 slats allowing for a very nice, flat piece of 1/2" plywood (maybe birch?) to be the top. It's going to be a heavy bitch. Stained dark mahogany to match my desk.

Going to build a putter rack, something like this, to put on the wall. I'll be adding a few spots to hold golf balls, too, so everything can stay up off the floor.

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast