+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Beer

\_(ツ)_/ SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII's Avatar
    from 2016 thread. we are referring to Funkwerks Solenna

Quote Originally Posted by SPII View Post
    Solenna is the only one that's new to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryJames View Post
    Tried Solenna last night and didn't like it. Tasted like a home brewer tried to make Orval.
    Opened one last night and ended up pouring it out. Barnyard funk (which I like) with nothing in front of it.

asshat Chips O'Toole might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Chips O'Toole might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Chips O'Toole might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Chips O'Toole might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Chips O'Toole might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Chips O'Toole might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Chips O'Toole might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Chips O'Toole might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Chips O'Toole might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Chips O'Toole might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Chips O'Toole might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Chips O'Toole's Avatar
    PSA from reddit, stop bringing your kids to PHP, you $#@!ING ANIMALS!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Austin/comm..._yall_stopped/

I don't know why, it just cracks me up the way people in their 20s expect parents to stop going places as if they opted out of participating in society or something. I sometimes hear things like "Why would you bring your kid to drink" when we visit a taproom. Doesn't really bother me, I just can't remember what it felt like to have that worldview I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Chips O'Toole View Post

I don't know why, it just cracks me up the way people in their 20s expect parents to stop going places as if they opted out of participating in society or something. I sometimes hear things like "Why would you bring your kid to drink" when we visit a taproom. Doesn't really bother me, I just can't remember what it felt like to have that worldview I guess.
    People in their 50's do too. #getoffmylawn #hireababysitter

I guess it depends if your kids are $#@!heads or not.

asshat utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club

I don't take my kids there at night, but lunchtime and even Friday afternoon early happy hour, you better believe it. They serve pizza. Kids love pizza. Even average pizza.

And they serve beer. Good beer.

Total no-brainer.

asshat HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames's Avatar
    First time going there this Saturday (S. Lamar) and had the same experience. Yoga moms with their little kids running around $#@!ing everywhere

asshat Longhornfan1024 Shaggy Silver Club Longhornfan1024 Shaggy Silver Club Longhornfan1024 Shaggy Silver Club Longhornfan1024 Shaggy Silver Club Longhornfan1024 Shaggy Silver Club Longhornfan1024 Shaggy Silver Club Longhornfan1024 Shaggy Silver Club Longhornfan1024 Shaggy Silver Club Longhornfan1024 Shaggy Silver Club Longhornfan1024 Shaggy Silver Club Longhornfan1024 Shaggy Silver Club

Sounds like he's not asking people to stop taking kids there, but just to stop being a $#@!ty parent if you take your kids there. Take your kids to a family-friendly restaurant all you want, but don't let them run around unattended and bothering other patrons. The dining room at restaurants isn't a $#@!ing playground.

a Rocker and a Roller AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan's Avatar

I'm mixed on this. I like kids and I like having them around, but if I'm at a bar I expect to be around adults and to be able to talk and act like an adult. Cuss, tell dirty jokes, etc. I think there's subtle line between which establishments kids should be brought to. In my opinion, breweries aren't bars and kids should be welcome. Bars that double as restaurants and ones with a reputation as family friendly, etc are great places to enjoy beer and bring the kiddos. By law, in California < 21 cant come inside a bar that doesn't earn a significant portion of their revenue from food sales, so it makes it easy; but you wouldn't believe how many people try to walk in a place like Toronado or Bender's, adult bars full of drunks and loud music, with their 5 year old then act shocked when they are asked to leave. It's the law numb nuts.

But can we talk about $#@!ing dogs? I love dogs and love having them in bars, I have one I sometimes bring with me myself, but if you dog barks non-stop leave him the $#@! home. I wound up with a couple customers at a bar to watch the Championship game last night. There were 4 or 5 dogs on hand. One of them barked non-stop until the owner finally left around half time. Another one barked fairly regularly throughout the whole game. It was annoying as $#@!. A good friend of mine has a dog who obviously is in control of that relationship. She barks non-stop and they give her cookies to get her to stop; so she barks even more to get more cookies. He's finally started leaving her home I've noticed. Finally.

\_(ツ)_/ SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AnotherUTFan View Post
    But can we talk about $#@!ing dogs? I love dogs and love having them in bars, I have one I sometimes bring with me myself, but if you dog barks non-stop leave him the $#@! home.
    Be sure to pass on visiting Community if you're in Dallas and looking for a local taproom. It's a $#@!ing festival of aloof dog owners in there.

asshat utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club utee94 Shaggy Gold Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan1024 View Post
    Sounds like he's not asking people to stop taking kids there, but just to stop being a $#@!ty parent if you take your kids there. Take your kids to a family-friendly restaurant all you want, but don't let them run around unattended and bothering other patrons. The dining room at restaurants isn't a $#@!ing playground.
    Sure, parents should teach their kids to behave and not run around and bother other people. That's what I expect of my kids.

But this is true at PHP, Stiles Switch BBQ, Enchiladas Y Mas, or TGI McScratchy's Goodtime Fooddrinkery.

To me, this guy comes across as someone that thinks PHP should be treated like a bar. But it's not.

a Rocker and a Roller AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan's Avatar
    I love dogs. I used to have two and I never took them to bars because one of them barked all the time. Sadly we had to put him down last summer, but now I can take the other with me because she's cool and I dont have to worry about her barking all the time. Dogs bark, I don't even mind a little barking from time to time when something happens. Thats part of a dogs job. This dog last night barked non-stop at everything though. Every customer walking in and out the door, every other dog, anytime it wanted its owners attention, etc. My buddy Dan's dog, which he finally started leaving home, did the same. Yap, yap, yap, yap, yap. "Oh, you want a cookie Maggie? Here you go. Good girl!"

sounds like your evening did not slam in the paint

It was actually a great evening. We left at halftime to go get some food and when we returned for the 2nd half the offending dog was gone. What a great game. I almost didn't even watch it.

asshat Bottlecap Shaggy Gold Club Bottlecap Shaggy Gold Club Bottlecap Shaggy Gold Club Bottlecap Shaggy Gold Club Bottlecap Shaggy Gold Club Bottlecap Shaggy Gold Club Bottlecap Shaggy Gold Club Bottlecap Shaggy Gold Club Bottlecap Shaggy Gold Club Bottlecap Shaggy Gold Club Bottlecap Shaggy Gold Club Bottlecap's Avatar
    yeah, my kids are seasoned taproom vets. and they're cute as $#@! so i bring em everywhere. #dadcore

Quote Originally Posted by Bottlecap View Post
    yeah, my kids are seasoned taproom vets. and they're cute as $#@! so i bring em everywhere. #dadcore
    Same here. My kids learned how to pour a proper beer from Chip's kids (who are absolutely the best at it!).

asshat shnsajax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? shnsajax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? shnsajax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? shnsajax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? shnsajax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? shnsajax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? shnsajax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? shnsajax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? shnsajax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? shnsajax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? shnsajax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? shnsajax's Avatar
    My kids are still a little too young with twins almost 3 and a 10 month old. But the tap my St. Bernardus sign and say hi to Mr. Bernardus almost daily. They changed the law here last year allowing kids at all breweries too, so that will be helpful in the future. Thinking by this summer or in a year and I will be good to take them, at least I hope.

asshat 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five's Avatar
    We were at PHP Saturday evening and I thought it was funny that someone was having their kids 3rd birthday party there.

asshat Bottlecap Shaggy Gold Club Bottlecap Shaggy Gold Club Bottlecap Shaggy Gold Club Bottlecap Shaggy Gold Club Bottlecap Shaggy Gold Club Bottlecap Shaggy Gold Club Bottlecap Shaggy Gold Club Bottlecap Shaggy Gold Club Bottlecap Shaggy Gold Club Bottlecap Shaggy Gold Club Bottlecap Shaggy Gold Club Bottlecap's Avatar
    well PHP is 100% cloned from Pizza Port which is super kid friendly and has like 150 locations in a two block radius, so yeah, if you base your model on that, don't be surprised if thats what you get.

On of my buddy's kids broke her arm at PHP falling off the table. But he's kind of like a dad that redditor was talking about.

asshat dark horse Shaggy Gold Club dark horse Shaggy Gold Club dark horse Shaggy Gold Club dark horse Shaggy Gold Club dark horse Shaggy Gold Club dark horse Shaggy Gold Club dark horse Shaggy Gold Club dark horse Shaggy Gold Club dark horse Shaggy Gold Club dark horse Shaggy Gold Club dark horse Shaggy Gold Club dark horse's Avatar
    I took my kid to Brash when he was 18 months. Doing the best I can to raise him right.

asshat utee05 Shaggy Bronze Club utee05 Shaggy Bronze Club utee05 Shaggy Bronze Club utee05 Shaggy Bronze Club utee05 Shaggy Bronze Club utee05 Shaggy Bronze Club utee05 Shaggy Bronze Club utee05 Shaggy Bronze Club utee05 Shaggy Bronze Club utee05 Shaggy Bronze Club utee05 Shaggy Bronze Club utee05's Avatar
    Yup took my kid to as many breweries as possible before she was 2 to get her used to it. Now she just plays with her toy at the table and eats her food and drinks her juice while dad drinks his beer. Is it bad that she already knows my favorite drink is beer?

I typically avoid PHP at night time cause of the crazy parking situation and usually go for lunch when it isn't as crazy.

asshat HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames's Avatar
    PHP should brew a Precious Snowflake White IPA.

Quote Originally Posted by utee05 View Post
    Yup took my kid to as many breweries as possible before she was 2 to get her used to it. Now she just plays with her toy at the table and eats her food and drinks her juice while dad drinks his beer. Is it bad that she already knows my favorite drink is beer?

I typically avoid PHP at night time cause of the crazy parking situation and usually go for lunch when it isn't as crazy.
    My daughter calls it Daddy Pop and always asks me if I need some when we walk past the beer aisle in the store. Don't mind if I do.

Quote Originally Posted by HenryJames View Post
    PHP should brew a Precious Snowflake White IPA.
    Ha! Indeed.

asshat shnsajax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? shnsajax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? shnsajax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? shnsajax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? shnsajax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? shnsajax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? shnsajax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? shnsajax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? shnsajax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? shnsajax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? shnsajax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? shnsajax's Avatar
    Looks like somewhere in Austin will be participating in Melvin's 2x4 day this year. Though how would they get around the label approval for a 1 day event. Last year they required Wu-Tang to be played and kungfu shown at every event. Interesting dudes, but some great beer.

https://www.2x4man.com
    Last edited by shnsajax; 01-10-2017 at 11:35 PM.

My kid is a pickpocket so it's always a free night

Quote Originally Posted by shnsajax View Post
    Looks like somewhere in Austin will be participating in Melvin's 2x4 day this year. Though how would they get around the label approval for a 1 day event. Last year they required Wu-Tang to be played and kungfu shown at every event. Interesting dudes, but some great beer.

https://www.2x4man.com
    i bet they don't get label approval and just give it away for free (therefore not needing approval) making it a lame event in Texas as usual because the bar or brewpub will give thimble sized samplings. See: every Zwanze Day ever.

i bet they don't get label approval and just give it away for free (therefore not needing approval) making it a lame event in Texas as usual because the bar or brewpub will give thimble sized samplings. See: every Zwanze Day ever.
    They probably won't like that since they like to shotgun their 10% cans and tend to be pretty drunk at the couple of events I have seen them at.

asshat PvilleStang Shaggy Platinum PvilleStang Shaggy Platinum PvilleStang Shaggy Platinum PvilleStang Shaggy Platinum PvilleStang Shaggy Platinum PvilleStang Shaggy Platinum PvilleStang Shaggy Platinum PvilleStang Shaggy Platinum PvilleStang Shaggy Platinum PvilleStang Shaggy Platinum PvilleStang Shaggy Platinum PvilleStang's Avatar
    So, I take it you're still mad you missed your opportunity to invest in that thimble factory?

Quote Originally Posted by shnsajax View Post
    They probably won't like that since they like to shotgun their 10% cans and tend to be pretty drunk at the couple of events I have seen them at.
    really? ugh. leave that $#@! to the amateurs. i brush my teeth with 10% ipas.

i brush my teeth with 10% ipas.
    You must have really bad breath.

well yeah... he's a smoker

Mail just arrived.

asshat PhatAtUT has a gigantic e-peen. PhatAtUT has a gigantic e-peen. PhatAtUT has a gigantic e-peen. PhatAtUT has a gigantic e-peen. PhatAtUT has a gigantic e-peen. PhatAtUT has a gigantic e-peen. PhatAtUT has a gigantic e-peen. PhatAtUT has a gigantic e-peen. PhatAtUT has a gigantic e-peen. PhatAtUT has a gigantic e-peen. PhatAtUT has a gigantic e-peen. PhatAtUT's Avatar
    i never listen to bob and dan on 1310 the ticket
    Thanks AUTF!

You got a broken icon?

Russian River just posted the artist rendering of their new space. It's supposed to be secret, (confideniality agreements and whatnot) and I only know though my job's connections to the construction industry and bidding on the work, but I'm gonna take this as a release from all that.

Russian River's new brewery in Windsor is gonna be Disney Land for beer lovers. At 1st I thought it was just gonna be another location to take pressure off the 1st. If you've been to San Diego and seen what Stone did a decade ago, and what Bagby did more recently - both impressive as hell, The Cilurzo's are about to take it to the next level.

My personal hope is that this becomes the big tourist draw and the current 4th St location, which is supposed to remain, becomes a more laid back, local option.

I say that as someone who spends enough time up there to know that the average Santa Rosa resident is extremely proud to have RR there, but is also too intimidated by the crowds to actually go see what all the fuss is about.

We are excited to share this beautiful rendering of our new brewery in Windsor, CA! Getting close to receiving final approvals from the Town of Windsor and still shooting to break ground in late March. If all goes as planned, we should be brewing and opening the doors sometime late 2018. Stay tuned for more updates coming soon!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...64233205<br />

asshat PhatAtUT has a gigantic e-peen. PhatAtUT has a gigantic e-peen. PhatAtUT has a gigantic e-peen. PhatAtUT has a gigantic e-peen. PhatAtUT has a gigantic e-peen. PhatAtUT has a gigantic e-peen. PhatAtUT has a gigantic e-peen. PhatAtUT has a gigantic e-peen. PhatAtUT has a gigantic e-peen. PhatAtUT has a gigantic e-peen. PhatAtUT has a gigantic e-peen. PhatAtUT's Avatar
    so 4 packs of 16oz Pliny cans?

asshat Chips O'Toole might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Chips O'Toole might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Chips O'Toole might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Chips O'Toole might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Chips O'Toole might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Chips O'Toole might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Chips O'Toole might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Chips O'Toole might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Chips O'Toole might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Chips O'Toole might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Chips O'Toole might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Chips O'Toole's Avatar
    That is definitely a big deal. I love that place but it is a $#@!ing madhouse most of the time.

new canned pale ale coming from saint arnold.

....Now comes Saint Arnold Pub Crawl Pale Ale to offer a loving tribute. The canned beer is expected to hit the local scene on Monday, Jan. 16, and extend beyond Houston and into Louisiana in April. A slew of kickoff events are scheduled (see list below).

Details: Brewed with Two Row Pale, Maris Otter English pale malt; Centennial hops, with Amarillo and Galaxy hops at the finish; London III yeast strain. 4.7 percent ABV (alcohol by volume) and 43 IBUs (international bitterness units).

Russian River just posted the artist rendering of their new space. It's supposed to be secret, (confideniality agreements and whatnot) and I only know though my job's connections to the construction industry and bidding on the work, but I'm gonna take this as a release from all that.

Russian River's new brewery in Windsor is gonna be Disney Land for beer lovers. At 1st I thought it was just gonna be another location to take pressure off the 1st. If you've been to San Diego and seen what Stone did a decade ago, and what Bagby did more recently - both impressive as hell, The Cilurzo's are about to take it to the next level.

My personal hope is that this becomes the big tourist draw and the current 4th St location, which is supposed to remain, becomes a more laid back, local option.
    Will be awesome once the wife and I can breakaway for several days to hit up that an Napa. Only a 10 hour drive. Just wish it was quicker to go through Oregon vs. Reno and Sacramento.

How close are you to Bend, OR? I've been thinking about making a road trip up there over a 3 day weekend; its an 8hr drive for me. Everybody who's been raves about the beer scene there.

How close are you to Bend, OR? I've been thinking about making a road trip up there over a 3 day weekend; its an 8hr drive for me. Everybody who's been raves about the beer scene there.
    In the summer about 4.5 hours. Beautiful area, lots of outdoor stuff to do, and the beer scene is awesome. Boneyard and Crux are awesome. Not sure if Ale Apothecary opened a taproom yet. Going in August with the wife for a weekend.

I miss my slutty avatar. Scary Stranger Shaggy Gold Club Scary Stranger Shaggy Gold Club Scary Stranger Shaggy Gold Club Scary Stranger Shaggy Gold Club Scary Stranger Shaggy Gold Club Scary Stranger Shaggy Gold Club Scary Stranger Shaggy Gold Club Scary Stranger Shaggy Gold Club Scary Stranger Shaggy Gold Club Scary Stranger Shaggy Gold Club Scary Stranger Shaggy Gold Club Scary Stranger's Avatar
    Mail just arrived.

Thats pretty sweet. Dammit. Link to the store?

Going to stop by the new Peticolas tap room on Saturday. I'll try to be sober enough to take some pictures.

^@ss - https://www.greatheightsbrewing.com/shop/

I think I'm going tomorrow when they open. Tonight will be zany. It's awesome, I was there on NYE.

Anyone else getting broken link icons for pics posted from Tapa?

Quote Originally Posted by DDD Dad View Post
    Lol, I thought you were rambling about broken St. Arnold's Icons a few posts back.

Pictures are fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by DDD Dad View Post
    Nope. Working for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Scary Stranger View Post
    Thats pretty sweet. Dammit. Link to the store?

Going to stop by the new Peticolas tap room on Saturday. I'll try to be sober enough to take some pictures.
    Good deal. Nice to hear they are doing well.

CSB-brah/ Been a long while back. Neighbor drags me down to Fair Park for the Dallas Beer Festival. Good times. We're mixing around the different vendors, grabbing beers. Pretty laid back event. End up walking by the Peticolas booth.

Michael says hi, and hands us beers. I recognize him from an article I read in the Observer- attorney who started a brewery, etc. So, we start talking- cool background/ story on how he decided to start up. Great stuff. Love the entrepreneurs who leave corporate life and make things work.

Meanwhile, some lady starts yelling at my neighbor. Seems there is a line about 1/2 the way back through the hall, queued up to get some Peticolas brew. Probably Velvet Hammer. Neighbor, who is the nicest guy in the world, is oblivious, but, soon realizes what is happening. We sorta cut the line- we didn't know. We were just walking by and were handed beers.

Neighbor apologizes, but, lady will hear none of it. Tells him to 'pour out his beer' and go to the back of the line. She is pissed. Then, tries to get her husband to kick his ass. All the while, I'm still shooting the $#@!. Pretty damn funny. Neighbor loves to tell that story.

Fremont's new spring IPA is great.

Double Shot very smooth. Good vanilla, little coffee but not much which I prefer.

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast