+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: U2: Joshua Tree Tour

U2: Joshua Tree Tour

http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...-tour-bonnaroo

U2 will mount an international stadium tour this year to celebrate the 30th anniversary of The Joshua Tree.

The legendary Irish outfit will perform their classic fifth album in its entirety on each date of the U2: The Joshua Tree Tour 2017, which is scheduled to start May 12 at BC Place in Vancouver, Canada and includes the band’s first-ever U.S. festival headline appearance at the Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival.
    Produced by Brian Eno and Daniel Lanois and peppered with the hits "With or Without You," "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" and "Where the Streets Have No Name," The Joshua Tree cemented U2's status as the biggest band on the planet. The LP peaked at No. 1 in the U.S., the U.K. and across Europe and is now diamond certified by the RIAA.

“Recently I listened back to The Joshua Tree for the first time in nearly 30 years… it’s quite an opera,” comments Bono in a statement announcing the tour. “A lot of emotions which feel strangely current, love, loss, broken dreams, seeking oblivion, polarisation… all the greats... I’ve sung some of these songs a lot… but never all of them. I’m up for it, if our audience is as excited as we are… it’s gonna be a great night.”

The Edge shared his thoughts on the upcoming dates and what fans should expect to see and hear. "I don't think we're going to go overboard in reinventing the wheel, but we'll definitely take those aesthetic ideas and kind of update them somewhat," he told Rolling Stone. "I don't think we're going to go overboard in reinventing the wheel, but we'll definitely take those aesthetic ideas and kind of update them somewhat. This is The Joshua Tree 2017. It's not The Joshua Tree 1986."

The support slots on U2’s North America dates will be filled by either Mumford & Sons, OneRepublic or The Lumineers, while Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds will open in Europe.
    NORTH AMERICA DATES:
    May 12 - Vancouver, BC - BC Place*
    May 14 - Seattle, WA - CenturyLink Field*
    May 17 - Santa Clara, CA - Levi's Stadium*
    May 20 - Los Angeles, CA - Rose Bowl+
    May 24 - Houston, TX - NRG Stadium+
    May 26 - Dallas, TX - AT&T Stadium+
    June 3 - Chicago, IL - Soldier Field+
    June 7 - Pittsburgh, PA - Heinz Field+
    June 8-11 - Manchester, TN - Bonnaroo Festival
    June 11 - Miami, FL - Hard Rock Stadium^
    June 14 - Tampa, FL - Raymond James Stadium^
    June 18 - Philadelphia, PA - Lincoln Financial Field+
    June 20 - Washington DC - FedExField+
    June 23 - Toronto, ON - Rogers Centre+
    June 25 - Boston, MA - Gillette Stadium+
    June 28 - East Rutherford, NJ - MetLife Stadium+
    July 1 - Cleveland, OH - FirstEnergy Stadium^
    * with Mumford & Sons
    + with The Lumineers
    ^ with OneRepublic

asshat South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin's Avatar
    I know it's not some obscure underrated record. It was a smash hit and commercial mega-success by one of the biggest, highest-grossing bands of all time. But I've loved U2 since childhood, and I've always loved the Joshua Tree, which was included in the soundtrack of my two-day drive moving from the coast of North Carolina to Texas in 1994.

I'll definitely be there, and the question is where. Possibly a return to Croke Park in Dublin, where I saw them in 2009 on the No Line on the Horizon tour.

asshat HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso's Avatar
    Just subscribed to U2.com to get on the presale trains.

Pumped.

bunghole KingBobo81 slams and goes hard. KingBobo81 slams and goes hard. KingBobo81 slams and goes hard. KingBobo81 slams and goes hard. KingBobo81 slams and goes hard. KingBobo81 slams and goes hard. KingBobo81 slams and goes hard. KingBobo81 slams and goes hard. KingBobo81 slams and goes hard. KingBobo81 slams and goes hard. KingBobo81 slams and goes hard. KingBobo81's Avatar
    Is the $50 worth subscribing as a way to get decent seats? Seen them a couple times without presale purchases but am thinking this one might be a tougher ticket?

asshat GhostOfTomJoad Shaggy Gold Club GhostOfTomJoad Shaggy Gold Club GhostOfTomJoad Shaggy Gold Club GhostOfTomJoad Shaggy Gold Club GhostOfTomJoad Shaggy Gold Club GhostOfTomJoad Shaggy Gold Club GhostOfTomJoad Shaggy Gold Club GhostOfTomJoad Shaggy Gold Club GhostOfTomJoad Shaggy Gold Club GhostOfTomJoad Shaggy Gold Club GhostOfTomJoad Shaggy Gold Club GhostOfTomJoad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HornGrandioso View Post
    Just subscribed to U2.com to get on the presale trains.

Pumped.
    Same here. Going to Dallas show. Wife is pumped as she's never seen them (only my second tour and first since Zoo TV...Yikes). Her mom forbid her from seeing the original Joshua Tree tour when she was a teenager in San Antonio.

U2 charges way too much for tickets. Last summer, face was $300 for a lower level seat at msg. That's insane!

asshat HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso's Avatar
    This will be my fifth time seeing them. I should mention that I have been to hundreds of different concerts in Texas, the USA, and internationally and my #1 and #2 are both U2 shows.

asshat u2-horn Shaggy Bronze Club u2-horn Shaggy Bronze Club u2-horn Shaggy Bronze Club u2-horn Shaggy Bronze Club u2-horn Shaggy Bronze Club u2-horn Shaggy Bronze Club u2-horn Shaggy Bronze Club u2-horn Shaggy Bronze Club u2-horn Shaggy Bronze Club u2-horn Shaggy Bronze Club u2-horn Shaggy Bronze Club u2-horn's Avatar
    I guess I'll have to go to this

asshat tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone's Avatar
    I wish they'd do Unforgettable Fire instead. Pretty sure no one else would agree though.

asshat HoustonHorn Shaggy Bronze Club HoustonHorn Shaggy Bronze Club HoustonHorn Shaggy Bronze Club HoustonHorn Shaggy Bronze Club HoustonHorn Shaggy Bronze Club HoustonHorn Shaggy Bronze Club HoustonHorn Shaggy Bronze Club HoustonHorn Shaggy Bronze Club HoustonHorn Shaggy Bronze Club HoustonHorn Shaggy Bronze Club HoustonHorn Shaggy Bronze Club
    Any idea how many tickets you can order through the pre-sale?

Nevermind, just found it - 4 ticket maximum.
    Last edited by HoustonHorn; 01-09-2017 at 11:43 AM. Reason: lmgtfy

asshat Pepper Brooks Shaggy Silver Club Pepper Brooks Shaggy Silver Club Pepper Brooks Shaggy Silver Club Pepper Brooks Shaggy Silver Club Pepper Brooks Shaggy Silver Club Pepper Brooks Shaggy Silver Club Pepper Brooks Shaggy Silver Club Pepper Brooks Shaggy Silver Club Pepper Brooks Shaggy Silver Club Pepper Brooks Shaggy Silver Club Pepper Brooks Shaggy Silver Club Pepper Brooks's Avatar
    will be there. was lucky enough to see them play "in god's country" at reunion arena nov 2001. THat was the first time they had played that song in about 15 years at that point. Really cannot wait to see Red Hill Mining Town played live.

asshat Rip76 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rip76 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rip76 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rip76 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rip76 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rip76 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rip76 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rip76 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rip76 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rip76 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rip76 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rip76's Avatar
    April 8th, 1987.
    The Summit.

At 14 years old, I saw the best concert I've been to.
    Even now.

Too bad they're playing at AT&T in Dallas. All I've heard about that place is bad sound reviews. Anyone else have a good experience there?

Faux Aggy hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew's Avatar
    Saw them on the Unforgettable Fire tour in Feb. 1985 at Reunion. People were singing 40 in the parking lot well after the show ended. Still the best large venue show I've ever seen.
    Last edited by hullabelew; 01-09-2017 at 12:37 PM.

asshat u2-horn Shaggy Bronze Club u2-horn Shaggy Bronze Club u2-horn Shaggy Bronze Club u2-horn Shaggy Bronze Club u2-horn Shaggy Bronze Club u2-horn Shaggy Bronze Club u2-horn Shaggy Bronze Club u2-horn Shaggy Bronze Club u2-horn Shaggy Bronze Club u2-horn Shaggy Bronze Club u2-horn Shaggy Bronze Club u2-horn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad $#@! View Post
    Too bad they're playing at AT&T in Dallas. All I've heard about that place is bad sound reviews. Anyone else have a good experience there?
    Saw them there last time they played there. Sound was fine in our 100 level seats fairly close to the stage on Edge's side

Also, seeing some sort of mention of presale for "longtime" subscribers. Not sure how that will work.

asshat HoustonHorn Shaggy Bronze Club HoustonHorn Shaggy Bronze Club HoustonHorn Shaggy Bronze Club HoustonHorn Shaggy Bronze Club HoustonHorn Shaggy Bronze Club HoustonHorn Shaggy Bronze Club HoustonHorn Shaggy Bronze Club HoustonHorn Shaggy Bronze Club HoustonHorn Shaggy Bronze Club HoustonHorn Shaggy Bronze Club HoustonHorn Shaggy Bronze Club
    Quote Originally Posted by u2-horn View Post
    Also, seeing some sort of mention of presale for "longtime" subscribers. Not sure how that will work.
    Yeah, but the U2 site says that if you are a paying member $50, then you have access to the pre-sale. I received a presale code when I signed up.

Well hopefully there will be a pre-pre-sale

asshat honolulu horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? honolulu horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? honolulu horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? honolulu horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? honolulu horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? honolulu horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? honolulu horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? honolulu horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? honolulu horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? honolulu horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? honolulu horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? honolulu horn's Avatar
    Erwin Center, 1987. Still one of the top 3 concerts of my lifetime.

asshat C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tbone View Post
    I wish they'd do Unforgettable Fire instead. Pretty sure no one else would agree though.
    I would.

I'm like South Austin. U2 was my band once I kicked the $#@!ty, pop kid music I listened to previously. I was in 7th grade when Joshua Tree came out. This shot easily to #1 on my all-time album list and it killed me that U2 only got as close as Austin on the tour. Finally got to see them live in Austin on the Zoo TV tour at the FEC. Was epic. My interest waned as I got deeper and deeper into more indie/alternative type material but they've always been worth a listen.

On the fence about this one, though. Saw them on their last spin through Jerry World (at least I think it was). I didn't particularly like the album on the tour but I thought the show was great. We were directly stage center in the first section of permanent seats so we were a good 60-70 yards from the stage and I thought the sound was fine. A buddy and his wife went with us and sat in the 400 section. They said they would've left had they not gone with us as the sound was so awful up there.

bunghole tfoolry slams and goes hard. tfoolry slams and goes hard. tfoolry slams and goes hard. tfoolry slams and goes hard. tfoolry slams and goes hard. tfoolry slams and goes hard. tfoolry slams and goes hard. tfoolry slams and goes hard. tfoolry slams and goes hard. tfoolry slams and goes hard. tfoolry slams and goes hard.
    One of best concerts I've ever attended.

asshat mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hullabelew View Post
    Saw them on the Unforgettable Fire tour in Feb. 1985 at Reunion. People were singing 40 in the parking lot well after the show ended. Still the best large venue show I've ever seen.
    i was at that same concert dude, also saw them in 1992 during the Zoo.TV tour...must go to this

Quote Originally Posted by Pepper Brooks View Post
    will be there. was lucky enough to see them play "in god's country" at reunion arena nov 2001. THat was the first time they had played that song in about 15 years at that point. Really cannot wait to see Red Hill Mining Town played live.
    was at that show as well - insanely jealous of anyone that saw the zoo tv tour, as well as the few that have seen them in ireland. that's a bucket list.

asshat Mr. Drummond Shaggy Bronze Club Mr. Drummond Shaggy Bronze Club Mr. Drummond Shaggy Bronze Club Mr. Drummond Shaggy Bronze Club Mr. Drummond Shaggy Bronze Club Mr. Drummond Shaggy Bronze Club Mr. Drummond Shaggy Bronze Club Mr. Drummond Shaggy Bronze Club Mr. Drummond Shaggy Bronze Club Mr. Drummond Shaggy Bronze Club Mr. Drummond Shaggy Bronze Club Mr. Drummond's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by honolulu horn View Post
    Erwin Center, 1987. Still one of the top 3 concerts of my lifetime.
    I was there and yep, one of the top 5 i have ever seen, and I don't really like U2.

Chieftain of Aggression Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip76 View Post
    April 8th, 1987.
    The Summit.

At 14 years old, I saw the best concert I've been to.
    Even now.
    I was there. Kick-ass show, and my buddy and I had planned way ahead to get good tickets in the first row of the Mez, right next to the stage. His little sister and a friend tagged along with us, and their plan was to just buy scalped tickets when they got there. They walk up to the box office, and find out the band had held back some floor seats in the front 10 rows. They ended up sitting 4th row. Dammit.

My wife loves U2, but has NEVER seen them live. She just sent me the link.

We'll have to make it a weekend show, which looks to give me the following choices (that we don't already have conflicts with):

Dallas May 26 (Friday)
    L.A. May 20 (Saturday)
    Chicago June 3 (Saturday)

We can get there free on SWA to either LA or Chicago. Any thoughts on either the Rose Bowl or Soldier Field as a concert venue? Trying to figure out which to do -- honestly, Dallas is kinda my last choice.
    Last edited by Brisketexan; 01-09-2017 at 07:03 PM.

bunghole tfoolry slams and goes hard. tfoolry slams and goes hard. tfoolry slams and goes hard. tfoolry slams and goes hard. tfoolry slams and goes hard. tfoolry slams and goes hard. tfoolry slams and goes hard. tfoolry slams and goes hard. tfoolry slams and goes hard. tfoolry slams and goes hard. tfoolry slams and goes hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brisketexan View Post
    I was there. Kick-ass show, and my buddy and I had planned way ahead to get good tickets in the first row of the Mez, right next to the stage. His little sister and a friend tagged along with us, and their plan was to just buy scalped tickets when they got there. They walk up to the box office, and find out the band had held back some floor seats in the front 10 rows. They ended up sitting 4th row. Dammit.

My wife loves U2, but has NEVER seen them live. She just sent me the link.

We'll have to make it a weekend show, which looks to give me the following choices (that we don't already have conflicts with):

Dallas May 26 (Friday)
    L.A. May 20 (Saturday)
    Chicago June 3 (Saturday)

We can get there free on SWA to either LA or Chicago. Any thoughts on either the Rose Bowl or Soldier Field as a concert venue? Trying to figure out which to do -- honestly, Dallas is kinda my last choice.
    Chicago will be epic.

asshat South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin's Avatar
    I would. It's my favorite U2 album.

If you could see U2 in Ireland, it's an epic experience. I've told folks that it's like spending a weekend in Austin if the Longhorns were playing in the national championship game in DKR.

asshat mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by South Austin View Post
    If you could see U2 in Ireland, it's an epic experience. I've told folks that it's like spending a weekend in Austin if the Longhorns were playing in the national championship game in DKR.
    Or like being in College Station during the International Meat Judging Championships

I was at the Frank Erwin Center for the 1987 concert. Crazy that the cost was $17.00 for a ticket.

Taking the kids to the Washington DC concert and also going to see them in Dallas. Should be a great time.

asshat rage-a-holic Shaggy Gold Club rage-a-holic Shaggy Gold Club rage-a-holic Shaggy Gold Club rage-a-holic Shaggy Gold Club rage-a-holic Shaggy Gold Club rage-a-holic Shaggy Gold Club rage-a-holic Shaggy Gold Club rage-a-holic Shaggy Gold Club rage-a-holic Shaggy Gold Club rage-a-holic Shaggy Gold Club rage-a-holic Shaggy Gold Club rage-a-holic's Avatar
    I would. It's my favorite U2 album.
    Me as well. I think ihateowho would be on board too.

Quote Originally Posted by hullabelew View Post
    My brother snuck in a professional Nakamichi portable recorder and mic at Reunion, made a really good bootleg recording. I think I still have it somewhere.

Got this outside The Summit in April 1987. Met Adam before the show, and Bono came out afterwards and talked/signed to the 75 of us who were waiting.

"The Joshua Tree" had only been out for like 3 weeks, yet everyone in the crowd sang along to "Running To Stand Still." For you "Unforgettable Fire" fanatics like me (I was also at that Dallas show in '85), they actually played "A Sort Of Homecoming" at this Houston gig. I don't think it lasted much longer in the set. And we got "Gloria" too, which also wasn't played very often on the Joshua Tree tour.

When "With Or Without You" began, the shrieks were insanely loud. Bono grinned and said, "Sound like a hit single to you?" When we met Bono afterwards, he had stitches in his chin from a fall in Arizona. You can still see the scar today. Sadly, I didn't have a camera so I couldn't get any pics.

A few links to some rare (and semi-rare) U2 stuff on my blog:

The vinyl-only "Wide Awake In Europe" EP:

https://theanalogkidblog.com/2014/04...ake-in-europe/

"Live At Hammersmith Palais," a 1982 BBC radio broadcast:

https://theanalogkidblog.com/2015/05...alais-1261982/

All of the b-sides/non-album cuts from "The Joshua Tree" era:

https://theanalogkidblog.com/2013/11...-tree-b-sides/

Chieftain of Aggression Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan's Avatar
    Ok, conflict with the Chicago weekend. So, L.A. on May 20th.

Q - When is the latest I can join U2.com to be involved in the Internet ticket presale?

A - Anyone who is a current Subscriber to U2.com can participate when ticket presales take place but those who have been Subscribers longest get the earliest opportunity to enter the presale. 'Red Hill Group' have access starting on the morning of Day 1 of the presale, 'Wires Group' have access from the morning of Day 2 of the presale. The exact times for access are made available on the tour page of U2.com.

Q - How do I know what presale priority group I am?
    A - There are two groups of subscribers taking part in the presale and the email you receive with your presale code indicates which group you are in.

Our 'Red Hill Group' of longtime subscribers (those who were current, paid-up subscribers on 24 Dec, 2016, have access from the first day of the presale. Your unique presale access code will have a prefix of U2JTA...

Our 'Wires Group', who joined as new subscribers or upgraded an expired account after the release of the Merry Chrsitmas video on 25 Dec, 2016, enter early on the second day. Your unique presale access code will have a prefix of U2JTB...

Only after this does a public onsale begin. (You may also find which priority group you are in displayed on the Account Info page when logged in.) Please Note: We do not change your subscription category. No exceptions will be made.
    pre-pre-sale info

U2 THE JOSHUA TREE TOUR 2017
    Every song. Every show. North America & Europe. #U2TheJoshuaTree2017
    Tickets on sale Monday, Jan. 16th (Europe) and Tuesday, Jan. 17th (North America). Presales this week.

Wednesday, Jan. 11, 9am - Presales open for 'Red Hill Group' (longtime subscribers)
    Thursday, Jan. 12, 9am - Presales open for 'Wires Group' (new subscribers)
    Friday, Jan. 13, 5pm - Presales end
    Monday, Jan. 16 & Tuesday Jan. 17 – Public on sale (start times to be annouced)

All times local to venue and city.
    Make sure to read the updated FAQs.

asshat NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA's Avatar
    $#@!ing jerryworld man. no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by NOMAAA View Post
    $#@!ing jerryworld man. no thanks.
    why can't they just play at the Majestic Theatre? now that would be an awesome show...i'm pretty much out on arena shows anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    why can't they just play at the Majestic Theatre? now that would be an awesome show...i'm pretty much out on arena shows anymore...
    Agreed. A 100 night stand should do the trick.

Faux Aggy hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    Yep. This upcoming Petty show will likely be my last arena show.

asshat GopherRock Shaggy Bronze Club GopherRock Shaggy Bronze Club GopherRock Shaggy Bronze Club GopherRock Shaggy Bronze Club GopherRock Shaggy Bronze Club GopherRock Shaggy Bronze Club GopherRock Shaggy Bronze Club GopherRock Shaggy Bronze Club GopherRock Shaggy Bronze Club GopherRock Shaggy Bronze Club GopherRock Shaggy Bronze Club
    Soldier Field isn't a good concert venue for leaving. For events that aren't Bears games, they push everyone out to the north towards the Field Museum, leading to a massive foot traffic jam on the NE and NW corners. Been there for U2 in 2011 and a Gopher hockey game, but won't make that mistake again.

Quote Originally Posted by GopherRock View Post
    Soldier Field isn't a good concert venue for leaving. For events that aren't Bears games, they push everyone out to the north towards the Field Museum, leading to a massive foot traffic jam on the NE and NW corners. Been there for U2 in 2011 and a Gopher hockey game, but won't make that mistake again.
    Thanks for the info. Was considering Chicago as a domestic location in case we don't go to Dublin.

Quote Originally Posted by GopherRock View Post
    Thanks for the info. Was considering Chicago as a domestic location in case we don't go to Dublin.
    I was too, until I figured out we had a conflict.

Anyone with any thoughts on the Rose Bowl as a music venue? I mean, I know we enjoy it as a football venue . . .

Seriously, how's the seating, access, etc.?

asshat honolulu horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? honolulu horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? honolulu horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? honolulu horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? honolulu horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? honolulu horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? honolulu horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? honolulu horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? honolulu horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? honolulu horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? honolulu horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? honolulu horn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brisketexan View Post
    I was too, until I figured out we had a conflict.

Anyone with any thoughts on the Rose Bowl as a music venue? I mean, I know we enjoy it as a football venue . . .

Seriously, how's the seating, access, etc.?
    Never been there for a concert event but it's gotta be an amazing venue as far as outdoor stadiums go.

The one and only time I saw them. Feb 1985 at FEC

asshat 88wildcat has a gigantic e-peen. 88wildcat has a gigantic e-peen. 88wildcat has a gigantic e-peen. 88wildcat has a gigantic e-peen. 88wildcat has a gigantic e-peen. 88wildcat has a gigantic e-peen. 88wildcat has a gigantic e-peen. 88wildcat has a gigantic e-peen. 88wildcat has a gigantic e-peen. 88wildcat has a gigantic e-peen. 88wildcat has a gigantic e-peen. 88wildcat's Avatar
    Saw them in Arrowhead in late October 1991 for the Zoo TV tour. Coldest damn outdoor concert I've ever been to (the Mysterious Ways belly dancer earned her paycheck at this show) and their next gig was Mile High Stadium in Denver. They forgot to hire a weatherman when they were planning their tour. Great show though, they did When Love Comes to Town without B.B. King in that show and a couple of weeks earlier I watched B.B. King do When Love Comes to Town without them when he played in Manhattan.

asshat GhostOfTomJoad Shaggy Gold Club GhostOfTomJoad Shaggy Gold Club GhostOfTomJoad Shaggy Gold Club GhostOfTomJoad Shaggy Gold Club GhostOfTomJoad Shaggy Gold Club GhostOfTomJoad Shaggy Gold Club GhostOfTomJoad Shaggy Gold Club GhostOfTomJoad Shaggy Gold Club GhostOfTomJoad Shaggy Gold Club GhostOfTomJoad Shaggy Gold Club GhostOfTomJoad Shaggy Gold Club GhostOfTomJoad's Avatar
    Ok, good luck to anyone getting tix today. I'm in the wires group so on deck tomorrow.

Appreciate any pricing info & seating info.

Damn, I'm in the B team as well. Hopefully it won't make a difference in getting GA/floor. NRG is pretty gigantic.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostOfTomJoad View Post
    Ok, good luck to anyone getting tix today. I'm in the wires group so on deck tomorrow.

Appreciate any pricing info & seating info.
    Same. Did click on the link this morning to check but its ticketmaster and for some reason I get a "Forbidden" notice every time I try to access ticketmaster. This happened a few times last year as well. Doesn't matter what browser I use, but it won't even let me go to the site www.ticketmaster.com. Any ideas?

Looks like it'll be around $95 for GA after all taxes/fees

Are you doing this at work? Did you try using your phone not on company wifi? You might also clear the cache of your browser

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast