+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Texas WBB vs. Ok State, Tues 7pm LHN

asshat js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes

Texas WBB vs. Ok State, Tues 7pm LHN

Fresh off career win #200, Aston and the Longhorns (10-4, 4-0) welcome Ok State (12-3, 2-2) to Austin where Aston looks for Texas win #100.

Nothing overtly impressive in their non-conf, along with 12 point win vs. ISU and 15 pts. win vs TCU and 36 point loss to Baylor and 5 point loss to Tech.

Contain Jensen. That's the key. They are only a 30% 3-point shooting team.

Force them to defend Lang and Holmes (Big 12 Freshman of the Week) and kick out to Ariel and Brooke.

Audrey-Anne should be back for this game. Not sure about Tasia.

Texas needs this game. #29 in the RPI, OK State is #20 and we need a resume builder. We still have 5 games with top-10 RPI teams (2x Baylor #6, FSU #7, 2x KSU #10) and five more top 30 RPI games (2x OU #26, Tech #27, 2x OSU #20).
    Last edited by js; 01-09-2017 at 02:14 PM.

Lang misses so many easy looks.

Brooke is dominating. 18-8 Texas early.

This is the best I've seen us all year.

asshat js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes
    That was our best first quarter in a long time.

22-8 Texas

bunghole ruitxn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ruitxn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ruitxn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ruitxn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ruitxn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ruitxn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ruitxn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ruitxn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ruitxn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ruitxn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ruitxn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ruitxn's Avatar
    Playing some tough defense right now

When Atkins or Brooke go to the bench our offense struggles.

Getting great looks just have to hit the wide open shots.

Neither team shooting well but up 14 still

Damn these rims are tight tonight.

It doesn't show in terms of points but I don't mind our offense at all tonight. We are getting great looks.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasStrong12 View Post
    It doesn't show in terms of points but I don't mind our offense at all tonight. We are getting great looks.
    Agreed. Good shots that haven't fallen. But great looks. So crisp and well run

Jada the spark plug

Not sure why we don't have a PG out there for the final 2. No one can run offense

Aston is right. Texas is getting the looks they want.

31-12 Texas at half. Only allowed 4 2Q points. Suffocating defense

asshat Longhornmaniac8 Shaggy Silver Club Longhornmaniac8 Shaggy Silver Club Longhornmaniac8 Shaggy Silver Club Longhornmaniac8 Shaggy Silver Club Longhornmaniac8 Shaggy Silver Club Longhornmaniac8 Shaggy Silver Club Longhornmaniac8 Shaggy Silver Club Longhornmaniac8 Shaggy Silver Club Longhornmaniac8 Shaggy Silver Club Longhornmaniac8 Shaggy Silver Club Longhornmaniac8 Shaggy Silver Club Longhornmaniac8's Avatar
    Really tough to be unhappy with the game so far. Defense is some of the best I've seen from Texas in any game in a long time. Shots are good, they just aren't falling. I hate the women's ball. It just rims out more frequently.

We need to keep the foot on the throat!

Lead out to 24. Keep it going!

This is an ass kicking.

Brooke is pouring it in. 4 treys

What is up with these rims? So many shots halfway down and then they come out.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasStrong12 View Post
    What is up with these rims? So many shots halfway down and then they come out.
    Rims already prepped for the men tomorrow. Crazy. I get what Nell is saying about finishing. But this is just a night where nothing is going down, even perfect looks.

Quote Originally Posted by js View Post
    Rims already prepped for the men tomorrow. Crazy. I get what Nell is saying about finishing. But this is just a night where nothing is going down, even perfect looks.

yep.....

50-21 after 3.

Teams are giving Kelsey Lang that midrange jumper. If she can just hit a few of those it would really do wonders for our offense.

bunghole ruitxn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ruitxn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ruitxn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ruitxn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ruitxn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ruitxn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ruitxn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ruitxn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ruitxn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ruitxn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ruitxn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ruitxn's Avatar
    After first Q, pretty sloppy offense.

asshat perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ruitxn View Post
    After first Q, pretty sloppy offense.
    Yeah our Defense was working so well we just shut down our offense it seems

Nice to see KCG making some shots

Higgs killing it in the 4th. Closer

Pretty good game for Higgs. Hopefully this continues.

asshat perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007's Avatar
    Holy $#@! U-Conn beat a top 20 team today 102-37. U-Conn doesn't ever rebuild, they only reload. It was dumb that they weren't ranked preseason #1

Texas wins 66-35. Romp

Congrats Coach on Texas win #100!

So impressed with our defensive strategy and execution last night. js hit the nail on the head with the comment about containing Jensen. The coaches game planned to do exactly that and the execution of the game plan was excellent. Tina Thompson spoke at the Longhorn club gathering before the game and said the team had been having excellent practices and were ready for tonight's game.

It really is shocking how many shots rimmed out for both teams.

Quote Originally Posted by tempesthorn View Post
    So impressed with our defensive strategy and execution last night. js hit the nail on the head with the comment about containing Jensen. The coaches game planned to do exactly that and the execution of the game plan was excellent. Tina Thompson spoke at the Longhorn club gathering before the game and said the team had been having excellent practices and were ready for tonight's game.

It really is shocking how many shots rimmed out for both teams.
    The young players are really starting to buy in to the defensive schemes and strategy we need to employ. I think we had an early-season learning curve that was huge with so many new/young players on the roster. Because you can't play Brooke/Ariel for 40 minutes a night. They'll be ground into dust by the Big 12 tournament.

Holmes, the twins, Underwood, Sutton, they're now buying into what Karen wants from them - offensively and defensively. We are consistently getting better, which is what that monster non-conf did for this team. LHN flashed it last night but our three-point FG defense the last three games has been absurdly good - KU 16.7%, TCU 11.1%, Ok State 7.7%. And TCU was the #1 three-point % team in the COUNTRY coming into that game.

That defense was SWARMING to the ball when Jensen had it on the block. That was such good defense. You also rarely saw a Cowgirl just wide open on a kick-out.

WV hits 35% (as of today, they play tonight in Lubbock) from three-point land. Will be another good test for this team.
    Last edited by js; 01-11-2017 at 10:23 AM.

asshat DesertDog2K is a rep whore. DesertDog2K is a rep whore. DesertDog2K is a rep whore. DesertDog2K is a rep whore. DesertDog2K is a rep whore. DesertDog2K is a rep whore. DesertDog2K is a rep whore. DesertDog2K is a rep whore. DesertDog2K is a rep whore. DesertDog2K is a rep whore. DesertDog2K is a rep whore. DesertDog2K's Avatar
    We are playing well right now but Feb. 6 will be the reality check IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertDog2K View Post
    We are playing well right now but Feb. 6 will be the reality check IMO.
    Yes of course. The measuring stick game. But @ WVU on Saturday is huge, followed quickly by OU on Tuesday.

But $#@!, by the time we play Baylor for the first time, we will have finished WVU, Tech, TCU and Ok State.

WVU lost at Tech

Quote Originally Posted by js View Post
    WVU lost at Tech
    Also, OU struggled with Iowa State and TCU's quickness really got to Baylor, they only won 77-54. Quickness is good, we have a lot of team speed.

• + Reply to Thread