+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bernard leaves car running, gets ticket.

asshat BrothaHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrothaHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrothaHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrothaHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrothaHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrothaHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrothaHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrothaHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrothaHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrothaHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrothaHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrothaHorn's Avatar

Bernard leaves car running, gets ticket.

On a cold morning in Roseville, resident Nick Taylor, 24, drove up to his girlfriend’s house and ran inside to pick her up with her two-year-old son.

He left his car running in the driveway. Instead of returning to a warm vehicle, he got a costly reminder in the form of a $128 ticket on the windshield from Roseville for leaving a vehicle unattended.

“I was there for maybe seven or eight minutes before I noticed the ticket,” said Taylor, adding that he was dropping off diapers.

He ranted about it on Facebook, blaming the dip*** police for not just knocking on the door and telling him to turn off his car, and his post drew thousands of shares and angry comments, many of them on his side.

Police stand by the ticket.

“I encourage our officers to write this ticket,” said Roseville Police Chief James Berlin, citing car theft as public safety concern.

“All it takes is someone to hop in this car and take off. Then there’s a chase often at a high rate of speed and all that could have been prevented,” Chief Berlin added, saying a remote starter includes safeguards against theft.

The Facebook post scolding Roseville Police Department for what he thought was a waste of resources has stirred a debate about the use of police time and the risks to the community.

Taylor posted a photo of the ticket with a stinging comment toward the officer involved. “Let’s all take a moment to thank officer dips**t K. Keary for wasting the taxpayer’s money and giving me a ticket for warming up my car in my own damn driveway.”

Now he says he regrets personally slamming officer Keary. Taylor explains, “I was upset. I appreciate what they do, but don’t they have better things to do?”

Even though it’s easy to change what he wrote on Facebook, he doesn’t want to because it’s getting so much attention — most of it positive. Taylor said lawyers have offered to represent him after seeing the trending post.

Did the cops have an ax to grind with him? “No history whatsoever,” said Taylor about any past run-ins with Roseville PD.

He said he plans to fight the ticket, although after what he wrote about local cops, it’s hard to believe a judge would cast a kind eye on his plea.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2017/01/...sparks-debate/

He's lucky to be alive.

Wow police chief needs a strong talking to.

asshat Bookman Shaggy Silver Club Bookman Shaggy Silver Club Bookman Shaggy Silver Club Bookman Shaggy Silver Club Bookman Shaggy Silver Club Bookman Shaggy Silver Club Bookman Shaggy Silver Club Bookman Shaggy Silver Club Bookman Shaggy Silver Club Bookman Shaggy Silver Club Bookman Shaggy Silver Club
    On Montague Street in a basement down the stairs.
    It's illegal to keep your car running in your own driveway?

asshat MikeGundy'sRant Shaggy Gold Club MikeGundy'sRant Shaggy Gold Club MikeGundy'sRant Shaggy Gold Club MikeGundy'sRant Shaggy Gold Club MikeGundy'sRant Shaggy Gold Club MikeGundy'sRant Shaggy Gold Club MikeGundy'sRant Shaggy Gold Club MikeGundy'sRant Shaggy Gold Club MikeGundy'sRant Shaggy Gold Club MikeGundy'sRant Shaggy Gold Club MikeGundy'sRant Shaggy Gold Club MikeGundy'sRant's Avatar
    if this is what the Roseville PD is worried about, they can probably shut the department down and let the community police itself.

asshat cajunhorn Probably Shaggy upper class cajunhorn Probably Shaggy upper class cajunhorn Probably Shaggy upper class cajunhorn Probably Shaggy upper class cajunhorn Probably Shaggy upper class cajunhorn Probably Shaggy upper class cajunhorn Probably Shaggy upper class cajunhorn Probably Shaggy upper class cajunhorn Probably Shaggy upper class cajunhorn Probably Shaggy upper class cajunhorn Probably Shaggy upper class cajunhorn's Avatar
    Heroes!

asshat Beef Supreme Shaggy Platinum Beef Supreme Shaggy Platinum Beef Supreme Shaggy Platinum Beef Supreme Shaggy Platinum Beef Supreme Shaggy Platinum Beef Supreme Shaggy Platinum Beef Supreme Shaggy Platinum Beef Supreme Shaggy Platinum Beef Supreme Shaggy Platinum Beef Supreme Shaggy Platinum Beef Supreme Shaggy Platinum Beef Supreme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bookman View Post
    It's illegal to keep your car running in your own driveway?
    This. He might not have an argument if the car was on public streets, but on private property?

Chieftain of Aggression Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beef Supreme View Post
    This. He might not have an argument if the car was on public streets, but on private property?
    Yes, it is. And I don't have a problem with the law or its enforcement.

It's pretty much the #1 pathway to getting your car stolen -- leaving it unlocked with the keys in it (which is what you're doing when you leave it running). And while it is on private property, it's accessible to the public (your driveway, an open parking lot, etc., all meet that. Behind the fences on your farm, behind your closed garage door, not so much). Car theft is very often a crime of opportunity, and when committed, it costs the police department time and resources that you and I pay for. I'd rather not my tax dollars go towards investigating the theft of Lazy Man's car that he left running in the driveway so Lazy Thief could just get in and drive off; I'd rather those tax dollars be used to investigate real crime (yeah, yeah, I know -- today, that just means that it'll be more spend on the WAR ON DRUGS!, but a fella can dream).

If the fine's a big deal to him, the judge should reduce it. But leaving your car running and unlocked is criminal stupidity. We criminalize stupidity in many cases when that stupidity would cost the public money. This is one of those laws. I don't think there needs to be some massive crackdown or task force, but I don't have a problem with the law.

Stat Adjuster Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry's Avatar
    Then where do you draw the line? Let's say that car was worth $15,000 or so. Should it be illegal for me to momentarily leave a $15,000 item of jewelry in a labeled box on my driveway? Should I receive a ticket for leaving $15,000 in cash on my porch?

Sandwich Eater Steel Shank Shaggy Gold Club Steel Shank Shaggy Gold Club Steel Shank Shaggy Gold Club Steel Shank Shaggy Gold Club Steel Shank Shaggy Gold Club Steel Shank Shaggy Gold Club Steel Shank Shaggy Gold Club Steel Shank Shaggy Gold Club Steel Shank Shaggy Gold Club Steel Shank Shaggy Gold Club Steel Shank Shaggy Gold Club Steel Shank's Avatar
    Taylor posted a photo of the ticket with a stinging comment toward the officer involved. “Let’s all take a moment to thank officer dips**t K. Keary for wasting the taxpayer’s money and giving me a ticket for warming up my car in my own damn driveway.”
    He's not wasting taxpayers' money, Holmes, he's generating revenue.

asshat BrothaHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrothaHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrothaHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrothaHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrothaHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrothaHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrothaHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrothaHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrothaHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrothaHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrothaHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrothaHorn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brisketexan View Post

It's pretty much the #1 pathway to getting your car stolen -- leaving it unlocked with the keys in it (which is what you're doing when you leave it running). And while it is on private property, it's accessible to the public (your driveway, an open parking lot, etc., all meet that. Behind the fences on your farm, behind your closed garage door, not so much). Car theft is very often a crime of opportunity, and when committed, it costs the police department time and resources that you and I pay for. I'd rather not my tax dollars go towards investigating the theft of Lazy Man's car that he left running in the driveway so Lazy Thief could just get in and drive off; I'd rather those tax dollars be used to investigate real crime (yeah, yeah, I know -- today, that just means that it'll be more spend on the WAR ON DRUGS!, but a fella can dream).

If the fine's a big deal to him, the judge should reduce it. But leaving your car running and unlocked is criminal stupidity. We criminalize stupidity in many cases when that stupidity would cost the public money. This is one of those laws. I don't think there needs to be some massive crackdown or task force, but I don't have a problem with the law.
    Wow.

Then you might as well arrest anyone who has had a couple of beers, because they MIGHT drive intoxicated. And we all know how expensive and dangerous those are. As well as stupid.

asshat Bookman Shaggy Silver Club Bookman Shaggy Silver Club Bookman Shaggy Silver Club Bookman Shaggy Silver Club Bookman Shaggy Silver Club Bookman Shaggy Silver Club Bookman Shaggy Silver Club Bookman Shaggy Silver Club Bookman Shaggy Silver Club Bookman Shaggy Silver Club Bookman Shaggy Silver Club

It didn't say he left it unlocked, but that would make more sense.

Chieftain of Aggression Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BrothaHorn View Post
    Wow.

Then you might as well arrest anyone who has had a couple of beers, because they MIGHT drive intoxicated. And we all know how expensive and dangerous those are. As well as stupid.
    You can be arrested for leaving a fire unattended outdoors in some jurisdictions.

You can be arrested for leaving a loaded gun on a table in a public place.

There are stacks of crimes that are based not on the eventual bad outcome actually happening, but on creating the unreasonable risk of that outcome. Drinking a couple of beers doesn't create an unreasonable risk of you driving drunk. Leaving your car running in a parking lot creates an unreasonable risk of theft.

This is not a novel or unusual law. Numerous states and municipalities have that law on their books.

asshat ut_ob1 Shaggy Bronze Club ut_ob1 Shaggy Bronze Club ut_ob1 Shaggy Bronze Club ut_ob1 Shaggy Bronze Club ut_ob1 Shaggy Bronze Club ut_ob1 Shaggy Bronze Club ut_ob1 Shaggy Bronze Club ut_ob1 Shaggy Bronze Club ut_ob1 Shaggy Bronze Club ut_ob1 Shaggy Bronze Club ut_ob1 Shaggy Bronze Club
    I leave my door unlocked sometimes when i'm walking around outside, within about 1/2 mile of my house, but not always withing sight. Should i get a ticket because someone else might commit a crime?

asshat ut_ob1 Shaggy Bronze Club ut_ob1 Shaggy Bronze Club ut_ob1 Shaggy Bronze Club ut_ob1 Shaggy Bronze Club ut_ob1 Shaggy Bronze Club ut_ob1 Shaggy Bronze Club ut_ob1 Shaggy Bronze Club ut_ob1 Shaggy Bronze Club ut_ob1 Shaggy Bronze Club ut_ob1 Shaggy Bronze Club ut_ob1 Shaggy Bronze Club
    You can be arrested for leaving a fire unattended outdoors in some jurisdictions.

There are stacks of crimes that are based not on the eventual bad outcome actually happening, but on creating the unreasonable risk of that outcome. Drinking a couple of beers doesn't create an unreasonable risk of you driving drunk. Leaving your car running in a parking lot creates an unreasonable risk of theft.

This is not a novel or unusual law. Numerous states and municipalities have that law on their books.
    you have created a potentially dangerous situation, this does NOT rely on someone else committing a crime. These are not the same situations.

Quote Originally Posted by ut_ob1 View Post
    you have created a potentially dangerous situation, this does NOT rely on someone else committing a crime. These are not the same situations.
    The gun one sure does.

i do this all the time on cold days. turn the car on, let the engine warm up, let the heater start going, and then bring the kids out and get them in their car seats. you can't wear thick jackets in car seats.

this is a dumb law. sure someone MIGHT steal a car and it will cost taxpayer money to investigate the theft, but that's WHY WE PAY THEM.

asshat Jersey Man10 has a gigantic e-peen. Jersey Man10 has a gigantic e-peen. Jersey Man10 has a gigantic e-peen. Jersey Man10 has a gigantic e-peen. Jersey Man10 has a gigantic e-peen. Jersey Man10 has a gigantic e-peen. Jersey Man10 has a gigantic e-peen. Jersey Man10 has a gigantic e-peen. Jersey Man10 has a gigantic e-peen. Jersey Man10 has a gigantic e-peen. Jersey Man10 has a gigantic e-peen. Jersey Man10's Avatar
    I leave my car on when I drop stuff at the post office.

I made the mistake of using a DWI as an example, that along with an unattended fire and loaded gun are not in the same ballpark as this law. I understand the reasoning behind it, but it's still ridiculous and patronizing. It just leads to more control of a person's life by the state.

Quote Originally Posted by gsoda3 View Post
    i do this all the time on cold days. turn the car on, let the engine warm up, let the heater start going, and then bring the kids out and get them in their car seats. you can't wear thick jackets in car seats.

this is a dumb law. sure someone MIGHT steal a car and it will cost taxpayer money to investigate the theft, but that's WHY WE PAY THEM.
    More money in tickets than crime fighting.

asshat DigglerontheHoof Shaggy Gold Club DigglerontheHoof Shaggy Gold Club DigglerontheHoof Shaggy Gold Club DigglerontheHoof Shaggy Gold Club DigglerontheHoof Shaggy Gold Club DigglerontheHoof Shaggy Gold Club DigglerontheHoof Shaggy Gold Club DigglerontheHoof Shaggy Gold Club DigglerontheHoof Shaggy Gold Club DigglerontheHoof Shaggy Gold Club DigglerontheHoof Shaggy Gold Club DigglerontheHoof's Avatar
    I leave my door unlocked sometimes when i'm walking around outside, within about 1/2 mile of my house, but not always withing sight. Should i get a ticket because someone else might commit a crime?
    If so, I leave my house unlocked so much, I should be in prison.

The gun one sure does.
    Absolutely does not. If you leave a loaded gun anywhere in public you should assume a child can and will get to it.

asshat Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey's Avatar
    My parents should have gotten countless tickets back in the day. Well before cars got warm as quick as they do now, they constantly warmed the car up in the winter time when I was little. Hell I see people leave their cars running when they go into gas stations or convenience stores today. If a thief wants to steal your car, they will. I don't think someone is more likely to hop into your car and take off just because it's running.

Absolutely does not. If you leave a loaded gun anywhere in public you should assume a child can and will get to it.
    children can't get into a running car?

Quote Originally Posted by elfenix View Post
    children can't get into a running car?
    Please read and try again.

asshat Stilicho might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stilicho might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stilicho might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stilicho might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stilicho might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stilicho might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stilicho might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stilicho might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stilicho might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stilicho might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stilicho might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stilicho's Avatar

I'm having a hard time following you, though I'm not a lawyer so that may explain it.

Are you saying that I should be ticketed and fined as a preventive measure against someone else committing a crime against me?

Please read and try again.
    Since when did kids give a $#@! that they cross an invisible boundary from the street to someone's driveway?

asshat DocZaius might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? DocZaius might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? DocZaius might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? DocZaius might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? DocZaius might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? DocZaius might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? DocZaius might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? DocZaius might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? DocZaius might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? DocZaius might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? DocZaius might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? DocZaius's Avatar
    I don't have a huge problem with laws like this, but in this particular case, well... there is no state law or local ordinance that seems to apply.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/01/09...-driveway.html

The ticket shows ordinance listed as 99006 but there is no ordinance in the city or state that corresponds to 99006. Under the description of the offense, it lists VEH/MOTOR ON UNATTENDED 895. Ordinance 895 is listed as being part of 'rodent control' on Roseville's website.

FOX 2 contacted the Michigan State Police for more information. Lt. Mike Shaw says there is no state law that prohibits letting your car idle with the keys in the ignition.
    I've looked through the Roseville, Michigan code myself and haven't been able to find anything that would apply.

asshat immortal13 Shaggy Gold Club immortal13 Shaggy Gold Club immortal13 Shaggy Gold Club immortal13 Shaggy Gold Club immortal13 Shaggy Gold Club immortal13 Shaggy Gold Club immortal13 Shaggy Gold Club immortal13 Shaggy Gold Club immortal13 Shaggy Gold Club immortal13 Shaggy Gold Club immortal13 Shaggy Gold Club immortal13's Avatar
    PM me your precise walking schedule

Texas has a statute that would apply:

Sec. 545.404. UNATTENDED MOTOR VEHICLE. (a) Except as provided by Subsection (b), an operator may not leave a vehicle unattended without:
    (1) stopping the engine;
    (2) locking the ignition;
    (3) removing the key from the ignition;
    (4) setting the parking brake effectively; and
    (5) if standing on a grade, turning the front wheels to the curb or side of the highway.
    (b) The requirements of Subsections (a)(1), (2), and (3) do not apply to an operator who starts the engine of a vehicle by using a remote starter or other similar device that:
    (1) remotely starts the vehicle's engine without placing the key in the ignition; and
    (2) requires the key to be placed in the ignition or physically present in the vehicle before the vehicle can be operated.

Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 165, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1995.

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.u...45.htm#545.404

asshat NeverMarryAStripper Shaggy Gold Club NeverMarryAStripper Shaggy Gold Club NeverMarryAStripper Shaggy Gold Club NeverMarryAStripper Shaggy Gold Club NeverMarryAStripper Shaggy Gold Club NeverMarryAStripper Shaggy Gold Club NeverMarryAStripper Shaggy Gold Club NeverMarryAStripper Shaggy Gold Club NeverMarryAStripper Shaggy Gold Club NeverMarryAStripper Shaggy Gold Club NeverMarryAStripper Shaggy Gold Club NeverMarryAStripper's Avatar
    So in Texas I can be ticketed if I walk outside, put the key in my car, start it and go back in the house and let it warm up. However, if I just push the remote start on my key fob then I can't be ticketed. So how the $#@! do they know how you started the car?
    Last edited by NeverMarryAStripper; 01-16-2017 at 11:11 AM.

asshat thunderlounge Probably Shaggy upper class thunderlounge Probably Shaggy upper class thunderlounge Probably Shaggy upper class thunderlounge Probably Shaggy upper class thunderlounge Probably Shaggy upper class thunderlounge Probably Shaggy upper class thunderlounge Probably Shaggy upper class thunderlounge Probably Shaggy upper class thunderlounge Probably Shaggy upper class thunderlounge Probably Shaggy upper class thunderlounge Probably Shaggy upper class thunderlounge's Avatar
    Check for keys in the ignition/doors locked?

Quote Originally Posted by thunderlounge View Post
    Check for keys in the ignition/doors locked?
    my car is new enough that i can't lock it from the outside, or with a door open, with the keys in the ignition. only way would be to roll down the window, close the door, then reach in and lock it. which, of course, defeats the purpose.

i'm going to guess most remote starts lock the doors to avoid liability issues.
    Last edited by elfenix; 01-16-2017 at 03:52 PM. Reason: i suppose i could put the rear seats down and crawl out the trunk.

asshat Deuterium Oxide Shaggy Gold Club Deuterium Oxide Shaggy Gold Club Deuterium Oxide Shaggy Gold Club Deuterium Oxide Shaggy Gold Club Deuterium Oxide Shaggy Gold Club Deuterium Oxide Shaggy Gold Club Deuterium Oxide Shaggy Gold Club Deuterium Oxide Shaggy Gold Club Deuterium Oxide Shaggy Gold Club Deuterium Oxide Shaggy Gold Club Deuterium Oxide Shaggy Gold Club Deuterium Oxide's Avatar
    my car is new enough that i can't lock it from the outside, or with a door open, with the keys in the ignition. only way would be to roll down the window, close the door, then reach in and lock it. which, of course, defeats the purpose.

I don't know if they lock the doors but they are supposed to shut the engine off if the car is put in gear without the key fob inside the vehicle

asshat immortal13 Shaggy Gold Club immortal13 Shaggy Gold Club immortal13 Shaggy Gold Club immortal13 Shaggy Gold Club immortal13 Shaggy Gold Club immortal13 Shaggy Gold Club immortal13 Shaggy Gold Club immortal13 Shaggy Gold Club immortal13 Shaggy Gold Club immortal13 Shaggy Gold Club immortal13 Shaggy Gold Club immortal13's Avatar
    So the cop gets to come on your property and check to see if there are keys in the ignition? Don't they have enough black people to abuse to occupy their time?

This reminded me of the APD Bait Car thread.

http://www.shaggytexas.com/board/sho...-has-ever-done

asshat thunderlounge Probably Shaggy upper class thunderlounge Probably Shaggy upper class thunderlounge Probably Shaggy upper class thunderlounge Probably Shaggy upper class thunderlounge Probably Shaggy upper class thunderlounge Probably Shaggy upper class thunderlounge Probably Shaggy upper class thunderlounge Probably Shaggy upper class thunderlounge Probably Shaggy upper class thunderlounge Probably Shaggy upper class thunderlounge Probably Shaggy upper class thunderlounge's Avatar

Exactly. I have to lock my doors with my FOB, even if already locked, then hit remote start.

So if a cops starts poking their nose in your business and sees the keys in the ignition with the doors unlocked, well, you know the rest. Of course one way around that is having 2 sets of keys, or something of the sort, for older vehicles.

asshat Fillmore Slim might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fillmore Slim might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fillmore Slim might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fillmore Slim might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fillmore Slim might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fillmore Slim might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fillmore Slim might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fillmore Slim might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fillmore Slim might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fillmore Slim might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fillmore Slim might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge?
    Defying the notion of the inevitable failure of architectural curves.
    I remote start my truck in the morning every day to let it warm up, for at least 5 minutes. I actually have to press the door lock button twice before I can remote start it, then it stays locked until I get out there and leave. The engine will shut off after maybe 15 minutes if I don't put my keys in.

asshat Horn Under a Bad Sign has a gigantic e-peen. Horn Under a Bad Sign has a gigantic e-peen. Horn Under a Bad Sign has a gigantic e-peen. Horn Under a Bad Sign has a gigantic e-peen. Horn Under a Bad Sign has a gigantic e-peen. Horn Under a Bad Sign has a gigantic e-peen. Horn Under a Bad Sign has a gigantic e-peen. Horn Under a Bad Sign has a gigantic e-peen. Horn Under a Bad Sign has a gigantic e-peen. Horn Under a Bad Sign has a gigantic e-peen. Horn Under a Bad Sign has a gigantic e-peen. Horn Under a Bad Sign's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fillmore Slim View Post
    I remote start my truck in the morning every day to let it warm up, for at least 5 minutes. I actually have to press the door lock button twice before I can remote start it, then it stays locked until I get out there and leave. The engine will shut off after maybe 15 minutes if I don't put my keys in.

It's amazing, the technology these days. My car washes my terriers.

The cop should be charged with trespassing and breaking into a vehicle.

bunghole cheechako is a rep whore. cheechako is a rep whore. cheechako is a rep whore. cheechako is a rep whore. cheechako is a rep whore. cheechako is a rep whore. cheechako is a rep whore. cheechako is a rep whore. cheechako is a rep whore. cheechako is a rep whore. cheechako is a rep whore. cheechako's Avatar
    Stupid $#@!ing law for cold weather locations.

It's supposed to be 45 below in Fairbanks this week. I happen to be going to Fairbanks for supplies. Once I start my truck in the morning, it will not be turned off until I get back home. Town trips usually take about 10 hours or so. 90% of the vehicles in every parking lot in town will be running. The only time you shut your vehicle down when it is that cold is if you have someplace to plug into or a garage.

asshat SHOOTER12 Shaggy Gold Club SHOOTER12 Shaggy Gold Club SHOOTER12 Shaggy Gold Club SHOOTER12 Shaggy Gold Club SHOOTER12 Shaggy Gold Club SHOOTER12 Shaggy Gold Club SHOOTER12 Shaggy Gold Club SHOOTER12 Shaggy Gold Club SHOOTER12 Shaggy Gold Club SHOOTER12 Shaggy Gold Club SHOOTER12 Shaggy Gold Club SHOOTER12's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
    Then where do you draw the line? Let's say that car was worth $15,000 or so. Should it be illegal for me to momentarily leave a $15,000 item of jewelry in a labeled box on my driveway? Should I receive a ticket for leaving $15,000 in cash on my porch?
    If it was cash or jewelry you wouldn't have received a ticket.....the officer however probably would have taken your stuff.

While I certainly agree that this type of law is not unusual, I don't think that makes it a particularly good law. I suppose that, enforced with a bit of discretion, the law is ok. But I tend to disfavor laws that are "good" when enforced with discretion, as police, and people in general, seem to be pretty bad at exercising discretion wisely.

Extra stars for that astute cop and his allegiance to following the letter of the law. $#@!ing $#@!

• + Reply to Thread