+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Real-time Facial Reenactment; Audio Manipulation

asshat Blain probably preboards planes Blain probably preboards planes Blain probably preboards planes Blain probably preboards planes Blain probably preboards planes Blain probably preboards planes Blain probably preboards planes Blain probably preboards planes Blain probably preboards planes Blain probably preboards planes Blain probably preboards planes Blain's Avatar

Real-time Facial Reenactment; Audio Manipulation

I ran across this Disney video a while back and posted in the Rogue One thread. It shows how both voice and facial expressions can be manipulated to the desired output.

The other day I ran across this video where the manipulation of facial expressions is in real time.

Now Photoshop is getting in the mix with VoCo and can manipulate voice, including adding words and phrases you did not say.

asshat CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack's Avatar
    Whoa.

asshat FredtheMonkey Shaggy Bronze Club FredtheMonkey Shaggy Bronze Club FredtheMonkey Shaggy Bronze Club FredtheMonkey Shaggy Bronze Club FredtheMonkey Shaggy Bronze Club FredtheMonkey Shaggy Bronze Club FredtheMonkey Shaggy Bronze Club FredtheMonkey Shaggy Bronze Club FredtheMonkey Shaggy Bronze Club FredtheMonkey Shaggy Bronze Club FredtheMonkey Shaggy Bronze Club FredtheMonkey's Avatar
    I'm sure the entertainment industry will make some entertaining shows with this...but that is $#@!ing terrifying.

Imagine you find yourself on the wrong side of someone who knows how to use this basic software. That person/organization decides they want you to go away, so they make a video of you talking about how you'd like to commit suicide. (Or shoot up a school)

Good luck knowing what is real/true in the future.

asshat FredtheMonkey Shaggy Bronze Club FredtheMonkey Shaggy Bronze Club FredtheMonkey Shaggy Bronze Club FredtheMonkey Shaggy Bronze Club FredtheMonkey Shaggy Bronze Club FredtheMonkey Shaggy Bronze Club FredtheMonkey Shaggy Bronze Club FredtheMonkey Shaggy Bronze Club FredtheMonkey Shaggy Bronze Club FredtheMonkey Shaggy Bronze Club FredtheMonkey Shaggy Bronze Club FredtheMonkey's Avatar
    Adobe voco is even scarier...that will be available to everyone for about $20/month, apparently soon, including phone spammers/teenagers looking for lulz, any organization that wants you to behave in a way that profits them.

'Hey, honey, its me, I have an emergency and need you to come get me at...can you put $100 in my paypal account...will you go to this website to get our kids signed up..."

Combine Voco with the trove of government/corp collected personal data/skype calls/phone calls.

This $#@! would have been better left in sci fi movies.

Quote Originally Posted by FredtheMonkey View Post
    Adobe voco is even scarier...that will be available to everyone for about $20/month, apparently soon, including phone spammers/teenagers looking for lulz, any organization that wants you to behave in a way that profits them.

'Hey, honey, its me, I have an emergency and need you to come get me at...can you put $100 in my paypal account...will you go to this website to get our kids signed up..."

Combine Voco with the trove of government/corp collected personal data/skype calls/phone calls.

This $#@! would have been better left in sci fi movies.
    The Adobe voco is scarier cause it's more advanced, and can be used in a more casual situation. Won't be six months before someone uses it to make up a fake scandal.

asshat hornfan785 Shaggy Gold Club hornfan785 Shaggy Gold Club hornfan785 Shaggy Gold Club hornfan785 Shaggy Gold Club hornfan785 Shaggy Gold Club hornfan785 Shaggy Gold Club hornfan785 Shaggy Gold Club hornfan785 Shaggy Gold Club hornfan785 Shaggy Gold Club hornfan785 Shaggy Gold Club hornfan785 Shaggy Gold Club hornfan785's Avatar
    Cool/scary $#@!.

Shaggy Goon MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction's Avatar
    Not the "Facial Reenactment" story I was hoping for.

asshat UTinBigD Shaggy Bronze Club UTinBigD Shaggy Bronze Club UTinBigD Shaggy Bronze Club UTinBigD Shaggy Bronze Club UTinBigD Shaggy Bronze Club UTinBigD Shaggy Bronze Club UTinBigD Shaggy Bronze Club UTinBigD Shaggy Bronze Club UTinBigD Shaggy Bronze Club UTinBigD Shaggy Bronze Club UTinBigD Shaggy Bronze Club UTinBigD's Avatar
    Yeah, as said earlier, this will take the Facebook scams (halp, i'm trapped overseas w/o my passport. please send me money) to the next level. I wonder if there is a corresponding "This looked shopped" detector that can find obvious flaws the audio/video files?

On the other hand, Lucy Lu-bot from Futurama is one step closer.

asshat Blain probably preboards planes Blain probably preboards planes Blain probably preboards planes Blain probably preboards planes Blain probably preboards planes Blain probably preboards planes Blain probably preboards planes Blain probably preboards planes Blain probably preboards planes Blain probably preboards planes Blain probably preboards planes Blain's Avatar
    The VoCo guy said they were looking into adding something to be able to tell an audio file had been tampered with. But we all know how long that would last before being defeated.

Quote Originally Posted by Blain View Post
    The VoCo guy said they were looking into adding something to be able to tell an audio file had been tampered with. But we all know how long that would last before being defeated.
    "We'll have watermarking" Nobody can beat watermarking!

asshat HOOK'EMHOOAH Shaggy Bronze Club HOOK'EMHOOAH Shaggy Bronze Club HOOK'EMHOOAH Shaggy Bronze Club HOOK'EMHOOAH Shaggy Bronze Club HOOK'EMHOOAH Shaggy Bronze Club HOOK'EMHOOAH Shaggy Bronze Club HOOK'EMHOOAH Shaggy Bronze Club HOOK'EMHOOAH Shaggy Bronze Club HOOK'EMHOOAH Shaggy Bronze Club HOOK'EMHOOAH Shaggy Bronze Club HOOK'EMHOOAH Shaggy Bronze Club HOOK'EMHOOAH's Avatar
    There are definitive methods to detected audio samples produced via these methods.

Without going into detail, tools and apps like shazam or iTunes tagging presently use a rudimentary algorithm of these methods. They are things that no human ear would ever be able to detect via patterns placed into the audio file at frequencies outside of our listening range.

For music or any other input sample that doesn't have these markers, the analog of the sample is used to find a match with the highest probability of being the correct.

A trained audiologist who knows what to look for in audio samples or recordings will be able to easily tell if something is genuine or fabricated.

Quote Originally Posted by HOOK'EMHOOAH View Post
    There are definitive methods to detected audio samples produced via these methods.

Without going into detail, tools and apps like shazam or iTunes tagging presently use a rudimentary algorithm of these methods. They are things that no human ear would ever be able to detect via patterns placed into the audio file at frequencies outside of our listening range.

For music or any other input sample that doesn't have these markers, the analog of the sample is used to find a match with the highest probability of being the correct.

A trained audiologist who knows what to look for in audio samples or recordings will be able to easily tell if something is genuine or fabricated.
    That's interesting and somewhat comforting. Though, in that scenario, would you need an app on your phone that listens to your phone calls and detects if it's really your friend or a stranger using voco software?

asshat HOOK'EMHOOAH Shaggy Bronze Club HOOK'EMHOOAH Shaggy Bronze Club HOOK'EMHOOAH Shaggy Bronze Club HOOK'EMHOOAH Shaggy Bronze Club HOOK'EMHOOAH Shaggy Bronze Club HOOK'EMHOOAH Shaggy Bronze Club HOOK'EMHOOAH Shaggy Bronze Club HOOK'EMHOOAH Shaggy Bronze Club HOOK'EMHOOAH Shaggy Bronze Club HOOK'EMHOOAH Shaggy Bronze Club HOOK'EMHOOAH Shaggy Bronze Club HOOK'EMHOOAH's Avatar
    Fred, it's not likely that an app will be available with current technology to screen incoming calls in that manner. It would need to first have a verified sample of the persons voice to compare it to. Even then, it wouldn't be fool-proof and could still have a number of errors, depending on the variables of the person providing the audio sample at each sampling sampling date/time. For example if the friend is tired on the day of the first sampling their voice is deeper. The next time they provide a sample their voice may be more on their normal range, the program might mistake them for being different despite coming from the same person. This is for sure an over simplification of the concept, but it gives a general idea of the principle behind the program.

asshat Hmbre97 has a gigantic e-peen. Hmbre97 has a gigantic e-peen. Hmbre97 has a gigantic e-peen. Hmbre97 has a gigantic e-peen. Hmbre97 has a gigantic e-peen. Hmbre97 has a gigantic e-peen. Hmbre97 has a gigantic e-peen. Hmbre97 has a gigantic e-peen. Hmbre97 has a gigantic e-peen. Hmbre97 has a gigantic e-peen. Hmbre97 has a gigantic e-peen. Hmbre97's Avatar

• + Reply to Thread