+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: How do you handle potential physical confrontations?

asshat Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand Shaggy Silver Club Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand Shaggy Silver Club Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand Shaggy Silver Club Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand Shaggy Silver Club Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand Shaggy Silver Club Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand Shaggy Silver Club Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand Shaggy Silver Club Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand Shaggy Silver Club Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand Shaggy Silver Club Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand Shaggy Silver Club Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand Shaggy Silver Club Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand's Avatar
    Nose boops. "Boop!"

asshat Bill Brasky Shaggy Gold Club Bill Brasky Shaggy Gold Club Bill Brasky Shaggy Gold Club Bill Brasky Shaggy Gold Club Bill Brasky Shaggy Gold Club Bill Brasky Shaggy Gold Club Bill Brasky Shaggy Gold Club Bill Brasky Shaggy Gold Club Bill Brasky Shaggy Gold Club Bill Brasky Shaggy Gold Club Bill Brasky Shaggy Gold Club
    I blow people a kiss if they flip me off or yell at me. If it gets physical I tend to go for choke holds more often than throwing punches but it just depends on the situation

asshat updawg Shaggy Bronze Club updawg Shaggy Bronze Club updawg Shaggy Bronze Club updawg Shaggy Bronze Club updawg Shaggy Bronze Club updawg Shaggy Bronze Club updawg Shaggy Bronze Club updawg Shaggy Bronze Club updawg Shaggy Bronze Club updawg Shaggy Bronze Club updawg Shaggy Bronze Club
    So you got into it with a probably mentally unstable person on you street who can probably easily figure out your house. Not smart for your family's safety. Plus you need to chill out or maybe you are mental as well

asshat Beau Vine Definitely Shaggy upper class Beau Vine Definitely Shaggy upper class Beau Vine Definitely Shaggy upper class Beau Vine Definitely Shaggy upper class Beau Vine Definitely Shaggy upper class Beau Vine Definitely Shaggy upper class Beau Vine Definitely Shaggy upper class Beau Vine Definitely Shaggy upper class Beau Vine Definitely Shaggy upper class Beau Vine Definitely Shaggy upper class Beau Vine Definitely Shaggy upper class Beau Vine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spankytoes View Post
    In hindsight, yes. It was a combination of me stopping in the middle of the intersection with cars coming, him not moving and having him yell at me while I was driving off when he was clearly in the wrong that got my adrenaline going. $#@! that guy. Shut your mouth and continue going on your way. It's not like he had to do a barrel roll into the bushes to escape physical harm. Stop being a little bitch because you felt inconvenienced for two seconds out of your life and dealing with it in a chicken$#@! way not expecting to be called out on it.

Plus, I'm an argumentative $#@!.
    The guy was Ruben Sierra, right?

Shaggy Donor Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by F250 View Post
    I'm 40, I am a man. I don't even get into confrontations at this age.

Teens through early 20's was another story.
    Fighting is fun when you're young, dumb, and have nothing to lose. Then you get in a few fights and realize it doesn't make a $#@! and it's not worth the court date.

asshat mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini Shaggy Gold Club mulletpelini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Wesley View Post
    Met a really nice college kid about 20 years ago. Late one night he was driving home on the freeway after an evening downtown in the party district. Found himself driving next to another guy on his way home from a bar. At some point, they got angry with one another. Maybe somebody was tailgating, or somebody cut somebody off, or whatever.

So they're driving down a mostly-empty highway and it escalates. Somebody flashes their brights. Somebody honks. A finger. $#@! you. Oh, yeah? $#@! you.

The other guy waves. Pull over! $#@! yeah, I'll pull over.

So this kid finds himself out of his car about to face down a stranger. Then, boom. Shotgun fired. Other car drives away. Kid lived, but he lost both eyes. Blind. Life forever altered.

For what?

That's why you just let it go.
    That was Mitch $#@!steen wasn't it

Wife and kids are my only trigger these days. Don't remember it ever doing me a bit of good. Pretty much ruins your night and for what?

One day during my lunch hour back in the 90's I went to a local Blockbuster video store for a movie rental. As I approached the front door this dude wearing some of those black half gloves with the fingers cut to the knuckle came up behind me. As a courtesy, I pushed the door open and let him go in ahead of me. Kind of one of those after you moves.

A few minutes later, I was down one of the rows looking at tapes and minding my own business. He came up behind me and brushed into me and said some $#@!, called me a pussy. The last thing I was looking for was a fight at midday while I was on break from work. I turned around and he got bowed up in a fighting stance. So did I. I took of my glasses, put them in my pocket bowed up too in a fighting stance and said loudly, "What the $#@! is your problem". A clerk saw and heard what was about to go down and said she would call the cops.

That $#@!er just stood there and I wanted to swing first, but I did not. When he heard cops, he hauled ass. To this day I don't know if he was a mental case, high or just looking for a fight. I had been in fights in high school and college, but never as an adult and gainfully employed married man. It still bothers me though, because I wish I would have cold $#@!ed his sorry ass.

asshat bamachine Probably Shaggy upper class bamachine Probably Shaggy upper class bamachine Probably Shaggy upper class bamachine Probably Shaggy upper class bamachine Probably Shaggy upper class bamachine Probably Shaggy upper class bamachine Probably Shaggy upper class bamachine Probably Shaggy upper class bamachine Probably Shaggy upper class bamachine Probably Shaggy upper class bamachine Probably Shaggy upper class bamachine's Avatar

asshat F250 has a gigantic e-peen. F250 has a gigantic e-peen. F250 has a gigantic e-peen. F250 has a gigantic e-peen. F250 has a gigantic e-peen. F250 has a gigantic e-peen. F250 has a gigantic e-peen. F250 has a gigantic e-peen. F250 has a gigantic e-peen. F250 has a gigantic e-peen. F250 has a gigantic e-peen. F250's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonandaturd View Post
    One day during my lunch hour back in the 90's I went to a local Blockbuster video store for a movie rental. As I approached the front door this dude wearing some of those black half gloves with the fingers cut to the knuckle came up behind me. As a courtesy, I pushed the door open and let him go in ahead of me. Kind of one of those after you moves.

A few minutes later, I was down one of the rows looking at tapes and minding my own business. He came up behind me and brushed into me and said some $#@!, called me a pussy. The last thing I was looking for was a fight at midday while I was on break from work. I turned around and he got bowed up in a fighting stance. So did I. I took of my glasses, put them in my pocket bowed up too in a fighting stance and said loudly, "What the $#@! is your problem". A clerk saw and heard what was about to go down and said she would call the cops.

That $#@!er just stood there and I wanted to swing first, but I did not. When he heard cops, he hauled ass. To this day I don't know if he was a mental case, high or just looking for a fight. I had been in fights in high school and college, but never as an adult and gainfully employed married man. It still bothers me though, because I wish I would have cold $#@!ed his sorry ass.
    I don't know why but I pictured this.

You nailed it!! He did look like he had a little Dapper Dan in his hair.

asshat Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom's Avatar
    Met a really nice college kid about 20 years ago. Late one night he was driving home on the freeway after an evening downtown in the party district. Found himself driving next to another guy on his way home from a bar. At some point, they got angry with one another. Maybe somebody was tailgating, or somebody cut somebody off, or whatever.

So they're driving down a mostly-empty highway and it escalates. Somebody flashes their brights. Somebody honks. A finger. $#@! you. Oh, yeah? $#@! you.

So this kid finds himself out of his car about to face down a stranger. Then, boom. Shotgun fired. Other car drives away. Kid lived, but he lost both eyes. Blind. Life forever altered.

For what?

And now that kid plays guitar in the honkey tonk in the two-bit $#@!hole town that your brother and his goons all terrorize, right?

asshat SizzleChest Probably Shaggy upper class SizzleChest Probably Shaggy upper class SizzleChest Probably Shaggy upper class SizzleChest Probably Shaggy upper class SizzleChest Probably Shaggy upper class SizzleChest Probably Shaggy upper class SizzleChest Probably Shaggy upper class SizzleChest Probably Shaggy upper class SizzleChest Probably Shaggy upper class SizzleChest Probably Shaggy upper class SizzleChest Probably Shaggy upper class SizzleChest's Avatar
    Are you suggesting that a cartoon monkey is bringing drugs into our town?
    Was his name DeLoss? Because I would have run him over with my glass bottom car.

asshat Patrick Swayze probably preboards planes Patrick Swayze probably preboards planes Patrick Swayze probably preboards planes Patrick Swayze probably preboards planes Patrick Swayze probably preboards planes Patrick Swayze probably preboards planes Patrick Swayze probably preboards planes Patrick Swayze probably preboards planes Patrick Swayze probably preboards planes Patrick Swayze probably preboards planes Patrick Swayze probably preboards planes Patrick Swayze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prepuce of Doom View Post
    And now that kid plays guitar in the honkey tonk in the two-bit $#@!hole town that your brother and his goons all terrorize, right?
    I'll take care of that.

asshat AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by F250 View Post
    I'm 40, I am a man. I don't even get into confrontations at this age.
    Yep, not sure when that kicked in, but my days of $#@!ing around are behind me. Then again, so are my bar-hopping days, and the two seem to go hand-in-hand...

Now if somebody were to threaten my wife or kids, it's on like Donkey Kong. But if they just want to start $#@! with me, cuss me out, call me names, etc., I don't give a $#@! - I'll exit that situation.

asshat Jersey Man10 Shaggy Gold Club Jersey Man10 Shaggy Gold Club Jersey Man10 Shaggy Gold Club Jersey Man10 Shaggy Gold Club Jersey Man10 Shaggy Gold Club Jersey Man10 Shaggy Gold Club Jersey Man10 Shaggy Gold Club Jersey Man10 Shaggy Gold Club Jersey Man10 Shaggy Gold Club Jersey Man10 Shaggy Gold Club Jersey Man10 Shaggy Gold Club Jersey Man10's Avatar
    Loud exhausts save lives. I wouldn't have even heard that $#@! and I would be on my merry way.

asshat Grammer Police might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Grammer Police might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Grammer Police might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Grammer Police might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Grammer Police might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Grammer Police might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Grammer Police might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Grammer Police might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Grammer Police might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Grammer Police might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Grammer Police might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Grammer Police's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Man10 View Post
    Loud exhausts save lives. I wouldn't have even heard that $#@! and I would be on my merry way.
    I $#@!ing hate loud exhausts. *shakes pinky finger at jersey man*

asshat Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks's Avatar
    Some dude in the crosswalk is not worth it. Run him down and be done with it.

But seriously...

asshat 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club
    * Do not run away. This may trigger an attack.
    * Never turn your back to the threat.
    * Maintain constant eye contact.
    * Make loud noises, yell, wave your arms.
    * Make yourself look bigger with your clothing or other objects.

asshat Longhorn Al has a gigantic e-peen. Longhorn Al has a gigantic e-peen. Longhorn Al has a gigantic e-peen. Longhorn Al has a gigantic e-peen. Longhorn Al has a gigantic e-peen. Longhorn Al has a gigantic e-peen. Longhorn Al has a gigantic e-peen. Longhorn Al has a gigantic e-peen. Longhorn Al has a gigantic e-peen. Longhorn Al has a gigantic e-peen. Longhorn Al has a gigantic e-peen. Longhorn Al's Avatar
    Last time was in 2011 around Christmas. I was in Canada at a house full of French Canadian $#@!s. One of them was hitting on my girlfriend, so I kindly told him to $#@! off. I'm pretty sure they were all drunk and doing blow. I was sober. The little $#@! was about 5'6 135 lbs. I'm 6'0 and was over 300 lbs at the time. He started jawing some inane bull$#@! about how I should, "go back to Texas with your guns." I have no idea what he was trying to get at. But he got chest to chest and grabbed 2 hands full of my shirt hard enough to rip a button hole, I later found out. It took every ounce of strength I had not to end his life in that moment. His friend was grabbing both of us trying to pry him off of me. It struck me that I am in a foreign land in a house full of friends. It'd be 5 on 1 if I started fighting. My cooler, sober head prevailed in the end. And I'm lucky his friends weren't keen on fighting that night.

asshat Longhorn Al has a gigantic e-peen. Longhorn Al has a gigantic e-peen. Longhorn Al has a gigantic e-peen. Longhorn Al has a gigantic e-peen. Longhorn Al has a gigantic e-peen. Longhorn Al has a gigantic e-peen. Longhorn Al has a gigantic e-peen. Longhorn Al has a gigantic e-peen. Longhorn Al has a gigantic e-peen. Longhorn Al has a gigantic e-peen. Longhorn Al has a gigantic e-peen. Longhorn Al's Avatar

For what?

Wow. Did not see that one coming.

asshat South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin's Avatar
    When I was a kid my father told me, "Never hit anyone out of anger unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it."

asshat BA93 Shaggy Silver Club BA93 Shaggy Silver Club BA93 Shaggy Silver Club BA93 Shaggy Silver Club BA93 Shaggy Silver Club BA93 Shaggy Silver Club BA93 Shaggy Silver Club BA93 Shaggy Silver Club BA93 Shaggy Silver Club BA93 Shaggy Silver Club BA93 Shaggy Silver Club
    I don't see how a stranger calling you names is humiliating or hurts your pride. Fights should be limited to protecting you or your family.

And agree with the poster that it's not worth getting mad at bad drivers. You only hurt yourself. But sure it happens to me but usually when I'm late for something which is usually my fault.

asshat HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames's Avatar
    The Art of Physical Confrontations - A Spankytoes Manifesto

asshat spankytoes Probably Shaggy upper class spankytoes Probably Shaggy upper class spankytoes Probably Shaggy upper class spankytoes Probably Shaggy upper class spankytoes Probably Shaggy upper class spankytoes Probably Shaggy upper class spankytoes Probably Shaggy upper class spankytoes Probably Shaggy upper class spankytoes Probably Shaggy upper class spankytoes Probably Shaggy upper class spankytoes Probably Shaggy upper class spankytoes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BA93 View Post
    I don't see how a stranger calling you names is humiliating or hurts your pride. Fights should be limited to protecting you or your family.

And agree with the poster that it's not worth getting mad at bad drivers. You only hurt yourself. But sure it happens to me but usually when I'm late for something which is usually my fault.
    Honestly, I'm not sure why I even stopped the car. 99 times out of 100 I would have just kept driving. But, it got to me for some reason. I think in the back of my mind I knew that things wouldn't get physical. For some reason, I just couldn't let it go and felt the need to call him out for acting like an idiot. On the subway, I see these dipshits all the time. They want you to think that they're tough and may swing, but they really just want to show you how manly they are by loudly berating you over their issue du jour. I think NY is getting to me. There was no upside, especially when my house was literally 100 yards away from the potential incident.

First year coaching a semi-pro baseball team I beat the $#@! out of the other team's catcher after he ran his mouth while I was arguing with the ump. I'm already 40 at that point and the kid probably around 25 or so. After the fight his team is crying that I took things too far because he was "only talking $#@!". My players later told me that I should have just talked $#@! back. I attribute to this to the younger generation being a bunch of $#@!ing pussies who just like to run their $#@!ing mouths.

asshat Patrick Swayze probably preboards planes Patrick Swayze probably preboards planes Patrick Swayze probably preboards planes Patrick Swayze probably preboards planes Patrick Swayze probably preboards planes Patrick Swayze probably preboards planes Patrick Swayze probably preboards planes Patrick Swayze probably preboards planes Patrick Swayze probably preboards planes Patrick Swayze probably preboards planes Patrick Swayze probably preboards planes Patrick Swayze's Avatar

How do you handle potential physical confrontations?

Quote Originally Posted by Massive Horn View Post
    First year coaching a semi-pro baseball team I beat the $#@! out of the other team's catcher after he ran his mouth while I was arguing with the ump. I'm already 40 at that point and the kid probably around 25 or so. After the fight his team is crying that I took things too far because he was "only talking $#@!". My players later told me that I should have just talked $#@! back. I attribute to this to the younger generation being a bunch of $#@!ing pussies who just like to run their $#@!ing mouths.
    That is stupid. Congratulations.

Hoping that is a reference to some movie I haven't seen.
    Last edited by Patrick Swayze; 01-12-2017 at 08:01 AM.

asshat loco Probably Shaggy upper class loco Probably Shaggy upper class loco Probably Shaggy upper class loco Probably Shaggy upper class loco Probably Shaggy upper class loco Probably Shaggy upper class loco Probably Shaggy upper class loco Probably Shaggy upper class loco Probably Shaggy upper class loco Probably Shaggy upper class loco Probably Shaggy upper class loco's Avatar
    When I have someone road rage at me, I give them a big smile and friendly wave. Half the time you can see the confusion register on their face that their insults and rage have been mistaken for friendliness. The other half of the time they go into nuclear meltdown and really start cussing and fliping you off. Either way, I drive off with a big smile. I win motherfucka!

CSB warning:
    In highschool, I was leaving school late on a 25mph street and was pissed about having a $#@!ty day. Some little $#@!er (for his age) just starts slowly walking out in front of my car and is flipping me the bird and not even giving a single $#@! that he was going to slow me down. This is where things go down hill for me.

I decide to "scare" this guy by driving really close to him and basically force him to stop walking. So doing about 20 I closed the distance and ended up rolling over his foot with my rear wheel. The dude slams the car and starts screaming obscenities that he is going to $#@! me up. I had 1.5 and 40lbs on the guy, so I immediately pull over and get out. That's when I see the police car hauling ass towards me from the school. As soon as the other kid sees the police car, he calms down and just sort of gives me this creepy stare.

The cop gets there, throws me up against the car. Nicely asks the other guy to wait across the street. The cop is now screaming at me, shoving me around and threatening me with jail, an asswhooping or both. He tells me to get in my car and wait for him. He walks over to the other guy and has a polite conversation and tells him it's OK to leave. The other dude just smiled at me, shaking his head, and walked away.

The cop comes back to my car after checking license and registration and his whole attitude is completely changed. He basically tells me I am a dip$#@! of the highest order. Turns out he part of a gang taskforce that has been watching the other guy. He is the head of a regional gang and they think he might have killed a few people recently. He was rough on me hoping the other guy would think it was enough payback and leave me alone. Told me if anyone asked I should tell them I am in deep legal $#@!. And to really really watch my back in school.

The next day, in the middle of class, this dude walks right in with 6 or 7 of his buddies and tell the teacher that I have to go out to hall with him. The teacher's face went blank and she swiveled in her chair and just faced the board. Luckily a number of my friends were in the class and they got up.

long story short, You don't know who you are $#@!ing with or what they are packing.

asshat NotActuallyALonghorn has a gigantic e-peen. NotActuallyALonghorn has a gigantic e-peen. NotActuallyALonghorn has a gigantic e-peen. NotActuallyALonghorn has a gigantic e-peen. NotActuallyALonghorn has a gigantic e-peen. NotActuallyALonghorn has a gigantic e-peen. NotActuallyALonghorn has a gigantic e-peen. NotActuallyALonghorn has a gigantic e-peen. NotActuallyALonghorn has a gigantic e-peen. NotActuallyALonghorn has a gigantic e-peen. NotActuallyALonghorn has a gigantic e-peen. NotActuallyALonghorn's Avatar
    I usually roll over on my back and tell them they can have my wife. I still haven't found anybody to take me up on that offer.

asshat JohnnyRage might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? JohnnyRage might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? JohnnyRage might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? JohnnyRage might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? JohnnyRage might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? JohnnyRage might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? JohnnyRage might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? JohnnyRage might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? JohnnyRage might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? JohnnyRage might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? JohnnyRage might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? JohnnyRage's Avatar
    How did this pedestrian not have the right of way?

Gonna need some MS Paint.

asshat South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    Last one I had I just walked away, even though I would have easily won, you never know what will happen. I may have ended up killing him accidentally and gone to jail for a while.

In your case you don't know if the guy has a gun or a knife and it's easy to drive away.
    Absolutely this. You don't know if you're about to mess with some bat$#@! crazy trigger-happy $#@! with a gun. And even if you're not, don't forget Spencer Carlton, an Austin man who last year took on a douchebag in a bar who was groping his wife. That kind of confrontation seems completely justified, but what Spencer probably intended as a bloody nose/don't ever $#@! with my wife type message turned out to be manslaughter after the groper died.

Unless the safety of you or your family is threatened, just walk the $#@! away.

Burnt Orange Weenie BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange's Avatar
    is this seriously a thread where (some) 30-40 year old men are talking about fighting strangers??

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    is this seriously a thread where (some) 30-40 year old men are talking about fighting strangers??
    No. It is a thread where a bunch of guys can feel secure in showing their feminine side.

asshat TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR's Avatar

I drive friendly. So don't have too many incidents. But everyone once in awhile some $#@!head like the one in OP comes around. I ignore them.

I do keep a pistol in my truck. Would only use it in the unlikely event I couldn't avoid a fight. In almost 20 years of carrying, hasn't happened yet.

asshat pescado_rojo Shaggy Platinum pescado_rojo Shaggy Platinum pescado_rojo Shaggy Platinum pescado_rojo Shaggy Platinum pescado_rojo Shaggy Platinum pescado_rojo Shaggy Platinum pescado_rojo Shaggy Platinum pescado_rojo Shaggy Platinum pescado_rojo Shaggy Platinum pescado_rojo Shaggy Platinum pescado_rojo Shaggy Platinum pescado_rojo's Avatar
    Some guy on foot yelling at me in my car?

Chieftain of Aggression Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    For one thing, drive on and fugeddaboutit.
    Descalate and forget about proving your manhood with some moron.

If the other guy forces a FTF confrontation and still gets aggressive & swings at me, I'm shooting him. Old people tend to die when getting hit & falling down, especially with serious bone injury at the very least or maybe a stroke. And if forced to shoot, it will be with this:

Quote Originally Posted by Message Board User View Post
    I find most "tough guys" don't have much to lose so they're not worried about the consequences of fighting or assault. Me? I've got a wife, kids, and good job that I would likely lose if arrested.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    Walk away, or in your case just drive away. In this case it isn't worth the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Sack View Post
    I drive friendly. So don't have too many incidents. But everyone once in awhile some $#@!head like the one in OP comes around. I ignore them.

I do keep a pistol in my truck. Would only use it in the unlikely event I couldn't avoid a fight. In almost 20 years of carrying, hasn't happened yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by pescado_rojo View Post
    Some guy on foot yelling at me in my car?

All of this. If you are a grown-ass man, you don't have anything to prove, and a lot to lose.

I'll fight like a $#@!ing tornado if it's necessary to protect myself or my family. But fighting because you've been mouthed off to or "disrespected" is for juveniles and losers. Full stop.

I've never been in a real fight as an adult. Anytime somebody road rages me or talks $#@! there's always a sense of regret because I feel like a victim/pussy; oddly similar to how I feel whenever I'm a victim of theft. But that sense of regret is nothing compared to the sense of regret I'd feel if I gave in to my anger and actually got into a fight. Best case scenario I maybe kick someone's ass without getting arrested. Worst case somebody dies (more likely me than him). Not worth it. That's why I hope I never carry a gun; temptation to use it would be too strong.

I hate when people wanna fight because they've been "disrespected " Some friends and I had stopped at the local Dairy Queen one day. We've finished eating and are talking. Some more people we know come in and start talking with us. Local roid head comes in and orders a burger and goes out. It gets brought over to where we are sitting. After about 15-20 minutes one of the guys says screw it and eats it. We had told the waitress it wasn't ours, there was no one in there, she said she didn't care.
    Guy that ordered it came in and blew a gasket. Kept crying about being disrespected and $#@!. Few months later he crashed a buddy of mines wedding reception and got his ass beat by the guys uncle for a similar thing.

asshat DSA Probably Shaggy upper class DSA Probably Shaggy upper class DSA Probably Shaggy upper class DSA Probably Shaggy upper class DSA Probably Shaggy upper class DSA Probably Shaggy upper class DSA Probably Shaggy upper class DSA Probably Shaggy upper class DSA Probably Shaggy upper class DSA Probably Shaggy upper class DSA Probably Shaggy upper class DSA's Avatar
    I was in a similar situation to this just the other day. I was walking down the street minding my own business and stopped at an intersection to cross the road. The sign at the crosswalk said "walk" and just as I was about to step off the curb, this jackass rolls into the intersection and just stops there. I didn't want to get run over so I waited for him to pass and told him that pedestrians have the right of way as he passed by.

So then this guy full on stops his car in the middle of the intersection and starts yelling back at me. Who does something like that? Anyways I talked some $#@! back to him and starts fumbling around with his seat belt and even stepped out of the car as if he was going to fight or something. Then I told him I would beat his ass and his woman intervenes and told him not to fight blah blah.. So he slumps his shoulders down, got back in his car and they drove off. As they are pulling away I winked at his girl and called him a pussy.

Sandwich Eater Steel Shank Shaggy Gold Club Steel Shank Shaggy Gold Club Steel Shank Shaggy Gold Club Steel Shank Shaggy Gold Club Steel Shank Shaggy Gold Club Steel Shank Shaggy Gold Club Steel Shank Shaggy Gold Club Steel Shank Shaggy Gold Club Steel Shank Shaggy Gold Club Steel Shank Shaggy Gold Club Steel Shank Shaggy Gold Club Steel Shank's Avatar

For what?

Kinda made me think of Otter's speech....

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Diggity View Post
    I've never been in a real fight as an adult. Anytime somebody road rages me or talks $#@! there's always a sense of regret because I feel like a victim/pussy; oddly similar to how I feel whenever I'm a victim of theft. But that sense of regret is nothing compared to the sense of regret I'd feel if I gave in to my anger and actually got into a fight. Best case scenario I maybe kick someone's ass without getting arrested. Worst case somebody dies (more likely me than him). Not worth it. That's why I hope I never carry a gun; temptation to use it would be too strong.
    I am the opposite with a gun. Having one makes me even more motivated to avoid conflict and deescalate.

Oooooooooh

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Sack View Post
    I am the opposite with a gun. Having one makes me even more motivated to avoid conflict and deescalate.
    I'd bet that's for everyone that legally carries one. The gangbangers are different, but normal folks as a rule try to avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by loco View Post
    When I have someone road rage at me, I give them a big smile and friendly wave. Half the time you can see the confusion register on their face that their insults and rage have been mistaken for friendliness. The other half of the time they go into nuclear meltdown and really start cussing and fliping you off. Either way, I drive off with a big smile. I win motherfucka!

CSB warning:
    In highschool, I was leaving school late on a 25mph street and was pissed about having a $#@!ty day. Some little $#@!er (for his age) just starts slowly walking out in front of my car and is flipping me the bird and not even giving a single $#@! that he was going to slow me down. This is where things go down hill for me.

I decide to "scare" this guy by driving really close to him and basically force him to stop walking. So doing about 20 I closed the distance and ended up rolling over his foot with my rear wheel. The dude slams the car and starts screaming obscenities that he is going to $#@! me up. I had 1.5 and 40lbs on the guy, so I immediately pull over and get out. That's when I see the police car hauling ass towards me from the school. As soon as the other kid sees the police car, he calms down and just sort of gives me this creepy stare.

The cop gets there, throws me up against the car. Nicely asks the other guy to wait across the street. The cop is now screaming at me, shoving me around and threatening me with jail, an asswhooping or both. He tells me to get in my car and wait for him. He walks over to the other guy and has a polite conversation and tells him it's OK to leave. The other dude just smiled at me, shaking his head, and walked away.

The cop comes back to my car after checking license and registration and his whole attitude is completely changed. He basically tells me I am a dip$#@! of the highest order. Turns out he part of a gang taskforce that has been watching the other guy. He is the head of a regional gang and they think he might have killed a few people recently. He was rough on me hoping the other guy would think it was enough payback and leave me alone. Told me if anyone asked I should tell them I am in deep legal $#@!. And to really really watch my back in school.

The next day, in the middle of class, this dude walks right in with 6 or 7 of his buddies and tell the teacher that I have to go out to hall with him. The teacher's face went blank and she swiveled in her chair and just faced the board. Luckily a number of my friends were in the class and they got up.

long story short, You don't know who you are $#@!ing with or what they are packing.

oldfart Armybrat Definitely Shaggy upper class Armybrat Definitely Shaggy upper class Armybrat Definitely Shaggy upper class Armybrat Definitely Shaggy upper class Armybrat Definitely Shaggy upper class Armybrat Definitely Shaggy upper class Armybrat Definitely Shaggy upper class Armybrat Definitely Shaggy upper class Armybrat Definitely Shaggy upper class Armybrat Definitely Shaggy upper class Armybrat Definitely Shaggy upper class Armybrat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua Buddha View Post
    Screen name is ironic considering the subject matter.

Why do some of you think it's OK to let a mere traffic stop escalate into a life or death issue?
    You forgot the first points I made - do not escalate, deescalate by walking away. Self defense is only a last resort if the threat continues and turns violent beyond your control. I'd rather the aggressor suffer injury than myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    You forgot the first points I made - do not escalate, deescalate by walking away. Self defense is only a last resort if the threat continues and turns violent beyond your control. I'd rather the aggressor suffer injury than myself.
    But what if someone steals your pudding at the nursing home?

oldfart Armybrat Definitely Shaggy upper class Armybrat Definitely Shaggy upper class Armybrat Definitely Shaggy upper class Armybrat Definitely Shaggy upper class Armybrat Definitely Shaggy upper class Armybrat Definitely Shaggy upper class Armybrat Definitely Shaggy upper class Armybrat Definitely Shaggy upper class Armybrat Definitely Shaggy upper class Armybrat Definitely Shaggy upper class Armybrat Definitely Shaggy upper class Armybrat's Avatar

For what?

Correct.

asshat Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyRage View Post
    How did this pedestrian not have the right of way?

Gonna need some MS Paint.
    Yeah, wait - did you have a protected left, or were you making an unprotected left? If it's a protected left, you should watch out for people jaywalking. If it was unprotected, he was right the entire time and... I can see getting a little pissed if I'm him. I've got the right of way and am about to cross the intersection and then there's some guy sitting in cross traffic who could have easily run me down if a)I hadn't been paying enough attention to see him coming b)he hadn't seen me there as I'm getting ready to cross (but after he had turned into the path of oncoming traffic). Then, from my perspective, he stops to look at me (and gives no "oh $#@!, I'm sorry" type gesture?) and then proceeds through. I work downtown and I hate when some $#@!head just "oops forgot that people exist" and swings into the crosswalk when pedestrians have the go ahead. I'm not going to provoke a confrontation with anyone, but I will stare down a car doing that just to see what the idiot looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by 5280 View Post
    * Do not run away. This may trigger an attack.
    * Never turn your back to the threat.
    * Maintain constant eye contact.
    * Make loud noises, yell, wave your arms.
    * Make yourself look bigger with your clothing or other objects.
    Only when in Waco.

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast