+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Casey Horny

I'm just surprised this kind of questionable decision-making wasn't revealed during our extensive, minutes-long vetting of Herman.

asshat South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin's Avatar
    Howard Johnson is right!

asshat Captain Ron probably preboards planes Captain Ron probably preboards planes Captain Ron probably preboards planes Captain Ron probably preboards planes Captain Ron probably preboards planes Captain Ron probably preboards planes Captain Ron probably preboards planes Captain Ron probably preboards planes Captain Ron probably preboards planes Captain Ron probably preboards planes Captain Ron probably preboards planes Captain Ron's Avatar
    Damn it, this is a $#@! hire. We shouldn't have guys on our staff that are willing to defend this type of behavior. There have to be tons of guys that can do the same, without this baggage.

asshat Landomatic Shaggy Gold Club Landomatic Shaggy Gold Club Landomatic Shaggy Gold Club Landomatic Shaggy Gold Club Landomatic Shaggy Gold Club Landomatic Shaggy Gold Club Landomatic Shaggy Gold Club Landomatic Shaggy Gold Club Landomatic Shaggy Gold Club Landomatic Shaggy Gold Club Landomatic Shaggy Gold Club Landomatic's Avatar
    as far from this fuckin place as possible
    The bad news, this was a horrible $#@!ing hire and no matter how much upside the guy has in Herman's mind, it doesn't outweigh the negatives from a PR standpoint. Stupid to take on this much baggage ever, but especially for such a low rung position.

The good news, because it's such a low rung position, this guy will have exactly zero net effect on our football program. Once this all this dies down, we likely won't hear his name again unless it's when he's eventually fired and we can all say I told you so.

If anything bad happens on this team with regard to something rape related, it will not be because our special teams quality control guy enabled it.

Overall a pretty low risk move by Herman. Stupid from a PR standpoint, but low risk from an actual impact on the program standpoint.

Put me on the disapprove train for this hire. It's not that the guy came from Baylor--it's that he publicly defended Art Briles, who is morally bankrupt and for whom there is no credible defense, in my opinion. I get he's buddies with Tom and apparently "aligned," but he's cut from the same cloth as the Joe-Pa apologists. I can only hope he moves on quickly--he's a QC guy; I doubt he's here more than a season. But this shows some tone-deaf decision making by Tom. He should be forced to explain and defend this hire publicly.

asshat Rip76 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rip76 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rip76 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rip76 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rip76 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rip76 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rip76 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rip76 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rip76 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rip76 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rip76 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rip76's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EZ$ View Post
    My God, he's just a damn QC coach....who cares who he worked for or his past tweets. You $#@!s would complain about anything.
    Holy $#@!.. this.

Burnt Orange Weenie BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tex Pete View Post
    There's plenty to not like about the hire, but some of you are completely un-$#@!ing-hinged.
    that's my thinking as well.

asshat Sgt Hulk Shaggy Bronze Club Sgt Hulk Shaggy Bronze Club Sgt Hulk Shaggy Bronze Club Sgt Hulk Shaggy Bronze Club Sgt Hulk Shaggy Bronze Club Sgt Hulk Shaggy Bronze Club Sgt Hulk Shaggy Bronze Club Sgt Hulk Shaggy Bronze Club Sgt Hulk Shaggy Bronze Club Sgt Hulk Shaggy Bronze Club Sgt Hulk Shaggy Bronze Club Sgt Hulk's Avatar
    burn it all down fire everyone

Herman has made one poor football hire and 2 questionable football hires up to this point for his staff. Bringing on Horny is an extremely poor ethical hire. If this doesn't make you question Herman's integrity as a man, you aren't sane.

asshat Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHelobious View Post
    Every time Herman makes a hire, I'm reminded of how lucky UT is to have him on board now. Ideally you want your coach to hire the very best people for his staff, and by pure coincidence the very best available coaches have all been friends and former associates of Herman, making their hires that much smoother. What are the odds.
    QFT.

And for those of you questioning the reaction: if this were a hire made by [insert whichever political figure you want], the gnashing of teeth would be unparalleled. If Fenves brought in someone from the BU Title IX office who had shown to be supportive of Briles, no matter what the position, this board would go nuclear.

I'm not saying this dude can't have a job. I'm saying he can't have a job at my school.

asshat Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain's Avatar
    Not sure your post follows the tweets you linked. If true then he must be let go immediately. But I'm not sure we can draw that conclusion.

I'm cool with being called unhinged if it is because I disapprove of someone that is okay with covering up rape.

If we win, it only becomes harder to fight against $#@! like this and people who find it acceptable.
    Last edited by Dr. Teeth; 01-12-2017 at 08:25 AM.

I see nothing in any of that to substantiate that assertion.

asshat 6th Street Shaggy Bronze Club 6th Street Shaggy Bronze Club 6th Street Shaggy Bronze Club 6th Street Shaggy Bronze Club 6th Street Shaggy Bronze Club 6th Street Shaggy Bronze Club 6th Street Shaggy Bronze Club 6th Street Shaggy Bronze Club 6th Street Shaggy Bronze Club 6th Street Shaggy Bronze Club 6th Street Shaggy Bronze Club 6th Street's Avatar
    $#@! this rape enabling bitch. Someone should go down to Bellmont and beat his ass

Sooo Herman has not seen the Baylor rape thread here on Shaggy? Did he not know how the Texas fan base feels about all this CAB defense bull$#@!? Did herman know and not care or is he oblivious to this ? Surely a special teams QC coach is easy to come by and I would think most don't stand out more than others. Either way, the fans should put the pressure on Herman to get rid of him and hire somebody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Legacy of Kain View Post
    Not sure your post follows the tweets you linked. If true then he must be let go immediately. But I'm not sure we can draw that conclusion.
    You are right. She later clarifies that the lecture came from Tate Wallis.
    Last edited by HoustonVeer; 01-12-2017 at 08:42 AM.

Another advertisement for Xpire.

asshat Landomatic Shaggy Gold Club Landomatic Shaggy Gold Club Landomatic Shaggy Gold Club Landomatic Shaggy Gold Club Landomatic Shaggy Gold Club Landomatic Shaggy Gold Club Landomatic Shaggy Gold Club Landomatic Shaggy Gold Club Landomatic Shaggy Gold Club Landomatic Shaggy Gold Club Landomatic Shaggy Gold Club Landomatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JFKFC View Post
    Herman has made one poor football hire and 2 questionable football hires up to this point for his staff. Bringing on Horny is an extremely poor ethical hire. If this doesn't make you question Herman's integrity as a man, you aren't sane.
    Huh?

Stat Adjuster Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry's Avatar
    I am opposed to the hire but that conclusion is quite a stretch based on those two tweets. If that was indeed Horny then I'll be calling for him to be fired immediately. But those tweets don't support that conclusion.

Man, how bad have you $#@!ed up when this is the reaction to your alma mater hiring you?

asshat laga4 is a rep whore. laga4 is a rep whore. laga4 is a rep whore. laga4 is a rep whore. laga4 is a rep whore. laga4 is a rep whore. laga4 is a rep whore. laga4 is a rep whore. laga4 is a rep whore. laga4 is a rep whore. laga4 is a rep whore. laga4's Avatar
    Mensa?

Where's the fire Tom Herman thread?

Color me unhinged

asshat NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA's Avatar
    Casey Horny Michael.

asshat crackamacgowski has a gigantic e-peen. crackamacgowski has a gigantic e-peen. crackamacgowski has a gigantic e-peen. crackamacgowski has a gigantic e-peen. crackamacgowski has a gigantic e-peen. crackamacgowski has a gigantic e-peen. crackamacgowski has a gigantic e-peen. crackamacgowski has a gigantic e-peen. crackamacgowski has a gigantic e-peen. crackamacgowski has a gigantic e-peen. crackamacgowski has a gigantic e-peen. crackamacgowski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 6th Street View Post
    $#@! this rape enabling bitch. Someone should go down to Bellmont and beat his ass
    $#@! that. Let's KILL HIM.

asshat pearlandhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pearlandhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pearlandhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pearlandhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pearlandhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pearlandhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pearlandhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pearlandhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pearlandhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pearlandhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pearlandhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pearlandhorn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Legacy of Kain View Post
    Good for him. Hopefully he can get a job somewhere else.
    No need to say something like that. He's already got a job at UT.

Unbelievably stupid hire when considering the optics.

I hate rape apologists and anyone who defends the culture at Baylor. It sucks to be affiliated with someone like that, but a QC coach is pretty insignificant at the end of the day. I can't name a single QC coach Texas has employed in the last 5 years.

asshat Basil Your Face Shaggy Gold Club Basil Your Face Shaggy Gold Club Basil Your Face Shaggy Gold Club Basil Your Face Shaggy Gold Club Basil Your Face Shaggy Gold Club Basil Your Face Shaggy Gold Club Basil Your Face Shaggy Gold Club Basil Your Face Shaggy Gold Club Basil Your Face Shaggy Gold Club Basil Your Face Shaggy Gold Club Basil Your Face Shaggy Gold Club Basil Your Face's Avatar
    The indignation will continue to rise!

asshat Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneezy View Post
    I hate rape apologists and anyone who defends the culture at Baylor. It sucks to be affiliated with someone like that, but a QC coach is pretty insignificant at the end of the day. I can't name a single QC coach Texas has employed in the last 5 years.
    I think the insignificance of the position is what makes the hire so stupid. Part of me thinks this is Herman taking a shot across the bow to admin/BMDs in order to establish their pact regarding total control of the program. I can't imagine a scenario where he thought this wasn't going to create an outcry from almost everyone.

At least the guy is loyal.

Insufferable Beer Nerd mdleast might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdleast might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdleast might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdleast might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdleast might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdleast might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdleast might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdleast might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdleast might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdleast might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdleast might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdleast's Avatar
    Poppin' and lockin' while battling Electro Rock at Radiotron
    Quote Originally Posted by gazmorida View Post
    I'm just surprised this kind of questionable decision-making wasn't revealed during our extensive, minutes-long vetting of Herman.
    This post is underrated and deserves some love.

Worse hire...Horny or Watson? Call your shot now.

I don't have enough information on his role in all the Baylor stuff to comment but I'll do it anyhow.

This guy needs to go and maybe Herman does too

asshat South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin Definitely Shaggy upper class South Austin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Runkle View Post
    This guy needs to go and maybe Herman does too
    That is one hot sports opinion.

Stat Adjuster Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    I don't have enough information on his role in all the Baylor stuff to comment but I'll do it anyhow.
    He tweeted #TRUTHDONTLIE on November 4th, 2016. Or that may have simply been the day he tweeted support for Briles after everything that was already known. Supported the idea that there was nothing Briles could or should have done because a victim didn't want to press charges.

You have plenty of information.
    Last edited by Huckleberry; 01-12-2017 at 10:01 AM.

I don't care anymore.

Set aside for the moment the ignorant, brain-dead-defying rape-apologizing sentiment behind it, and consider how "Truth Don't Lie" is one of the more pithy, unimaginative, low brow slogans anyone could ever come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by texanbychoice View Post
    I don't care anymore.
    Ironically, that sentiment is akin to battered women syndrome. I think a lot of our fans agree with you, in large part because the terrible existence of Texas Football the last 7 years has just emotionally beat them down into "meh".

asshat In10se Shaggy Silver Club In10se Shaggy Silver Club In10se Shaggy Silver Club In10se Shaggy Silver Club In10se Shaggy Silver Club In10se Shaggy Silver Club In10se Shaggy Silver Club In10se Shaggy Silver Club In10se Shaggy Silver Club In10se Shaggy Silver Club In10se Shaggy Silver Club
    If nothing else this Herman thing is going to be entertaining. Can mensa tommy win at UT by hiring only his buddies, one of which is rape enabling s$#@!? Get your popcorn ready.

If he had deleted all those tweets before he was hired, I doubt anyone would have been the wiser. But deleting them after we've all read them and everyone is already up in arms is next level dumb.

Just got off the phone with the Longhorn foundation. Got the distinct impression that I was not the first to call this morning about this issue.

I asked that my comments be forwarded to Mr. Perrin and the associate promised me that she would.

For quick reference: 512-471-4439

asshat HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crackamacgowski View Post
    $#@! that. Let's KILL HIM.

asshat HipHopopotamos has a gigantic e-peen. HipHopopotamos has a gigantic e-peen. HipHopopotamos has a gigantic e-peen. HipHopopotamos has a gigantic e-peen. HipHopopotamos has a gigantic e-peen. HipHopopotamos has a gigantic e-peen. HipHopopotamos has a gigantic e-peen. HipHopopotamos has a gigantic e-peen. HipHopopotamos has a gigantic e-peen. HipHopopotamos has a gigantic e-peen. HipHopopotamos has a gigantic e-peen. HipHopopotamos's Avatar

I don't see that in any of the links you provided.

Bad decision. Period.

asshat dad might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dad might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dad might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dad might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dad might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dad might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dad might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dad might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dad might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dad might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dad might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? dad's Avatar
    So when do we fly the "Horny is not our standard" banner over DKR?

asshat MajorHarsin Shaggy Gold Club MajorHarsin Shaggy Gold Club MajorHarsin Shaggy Gold Club MajorHarsin Shaggy Gold Club MajorHarsin Shaggy Gold Club MajorHarsin Shaggy Gold Club MajorHarsin Shaggy Gold Club MajorHarsin Shaggy Gold Club MajorHarsin Shaggy Gold Club MajorHarsin Shaggy Gold Club MajorHarsin Shaggy Gold Club MajorHarsin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by orangeblood83 View Post
    Bad decision. Period.
    How is this even debatable? We had a damn fatwa on rape enthusiasts and encouragers posting on this site and now some people are ok with hiring one? Incredible.

asshat HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by orangeblood83 View Post
    Bad decision. Period.

Yo $#@! this guy and $#@! tom herman too if this is how he wants to run Texas Football

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast