+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20
Results 951 to 985 of 985

Thread: Casey Horny

  1. #951
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBUfan View Post
    I know many will probably neg rep me for this plus I know it's hard to look at a situation from the others perspective once your mind is made up.

    The fact is NOBODY knows what truly happened at Baylor. We can all speculate but that's all it's is, there is a TON of gray area with this one. The media is the one that coined "rape culture". The tweet was in response to BU's regents going to the Wall Street Journal stating that Briles failed to report a gang rape(even the victim said it was handled accordingly. Briles told her to go to the police and she didn't want to report it, plus the victims coach told Briles he had already reported to Judical affairs.... this was before title 9 laws as they are today). Has anyone looked at it as Casey knew the football program wasn't what the regents wanted the public to believe? What if what was in the tweet he put his name on true? Even Grobe said when he first got there he expected a "football gone wild" program because that's what the media put out there. He then saw the opposite and tried to say so and then got blasted at media days for it.

    I've followed both UT and BU football for quite sometime. The fan bases are completely different and media treats each program different. UT vocal fans are determined to bring this program down with this hire. The media was quiet until the fans started to make an uproar. I get it, but I suspect the uproar has more to do with not wanting to look like hypocrites especially after Strong's core values. We at least had the argument we were doing it the "right way" and now many feel they can't take that stand now, absurdly I might add...again gray area. I get why Herman has said to keep quiet in the media. We are our own enemy!
    You can't honestly tell us you believe the Baylor regents fired Art Briles (at significant cost to the university) for no reason. By interference, the regents felt they had enough information and little recourse other than to fire Briles.

    What Casey Horny has not said is that the culture of rape on the Baylor campus, or any culture of rape involving coaches turning a blind eye to felonies committed by student athletes is reprehensible. At the very least, he should state such a belief on the record. Not only has Horny not said as much, he seemingly is unwilling to ever make such a statement.

    If Horny's loyalties to Art Briles are stronger than his loyalties to principles of integrity and any abhorrence to a culture of violence against women, he has no business being on any college campus.

    Horny has had ample opportunity to make himself clear or to clarify any seeming misconceptions. He has utterly failed to amend or clarify his public statements concerning Art Briles and the situation at Baylor. Obviously, he believes his position on the matters is sufficiently clear.

    $#@! him. He has no business mentoring male student athletes if he has no moral compass.
    Last edited by Randolph Duke; Yesterday at 10:53 AM.

  • #952
    Quote Originally Posted by Randolph Duke View Post
    What Casey Horny has not said is that the culture of rape on the Baylor campus, or any culture of rape involving coaches turning a blind eye to felonies committed by student athletes is reprehensible. At the very least, he should state such a belief on the record. Not only has Horny not said as much, he seemingly is unwilling to ever make such a statement.

    If Horny's loyalties to Art Briles are stronger than his loyalties to principles of integrity and any abhorrence to a culture of violence against women, he has no business being on any college campus.
    I agree Casey needs to say rape is a huge problem on every campus and he is committed to educate young men on how to properly treat and respect women and that he supports a zero tolerance policy etc(but to be honest has Herman even said that yet?). I bet in time he will, but Herman is probably keeping him quiet for now.

  • #953
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBUfan View Post
    I know many will probably neg rep me for this plus I know it's hard to look at a situation from the others perspective once your mind is made up.

    The fact is NOBODY knows what truly happened at Baylor. We can all speculate but that's all it's is, there is a TON of gray area with this one. The media is the one that coined "rape culture". The tweet was in response to BU's regents going to the Wall Street Journal stating that Briles failed to report a gang rape(even the victim said it was handled accordingly. Briles told her to go to the police and she didn't want to report it, plus the victims coach told Briles he had already reported to Judical affairs.... this was before title 9 laws as they are today). Has anyone looked at it as Casey knew the football program wasn't what the regents wanted the public to believe? What if what was in the tweet he put his name on true? Even Grobe said when he first got there he expected a "football gone wild" program because that's what the media put out there. He then saw the opposite and tried to say so and then got blasted at media days for it.

    I've followed both UT and BU football for quite sometime. The fan bases are completely different and media treats each program different. UT vocal fans are determined to bring this program down with this hire. The media was quiet until the fans started to make an uproar. I get it, but I suspect the uproar has more to do with not wanting to look like hypocrites especially after Strong's core values. We at least had the argument we were doing it the "right way" and now many feel they can't take that stand now, absurdly I might add...again gray area. I get why Herman has said to keep quiet in the media. We are our own enemy!
    You're wrong. Lots know what happened at Baylor. Pepper Hamilton. The BoR. The administration. Briles and his staff. It's just that none of them are talking. They're all cashing those sweet Baylor checks (except for the regents; they're writing them) and keeping quiet.

  • #954
    fucktard Wire slams and goes hard. Wire slams and goes hard. Wire slams and goes hard. Wire slams and goes hard. Wire slams and goes hard. Wire slams and goes hard. Wire slams and goes hard. Wire slams and goes hard. Wire slams and goes hard. Wire slams and goes hard. Wire slams and goes hard.
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBUfan View Post
    I agree Casey needs to say rape is a huge problem on every campus and he is committed to educate young men on how to properly treat and respect women and that he supports a zero tolerance policy etc(but to be honest has Herman even said that yet?). I bet in time he will, but Herman is probably keeping him quiet for now.
    Any coach that comes with the baggage that requires him to make such an affirmation, like the one you agree Horny needs to make, should not be a candidate at the University of Texas.

  • #955
    Perrin's statement reads like an official statement mad lib - a string of cliches that barely resemble a logical pattern of thought.

    "I had questions..." > "Such actions will not be tolerated here."

    So Perrin's questions were... what, exactly? As if we're supposed to be satisfied with a statement that assures us Horny won't be sending out any more pro-Briles tweets. No $#@!? It's as if the act of tweeting was the transgression, not the contents of the tweet and what it represents. Disappointing response to say the least.

  • #956
    Quote Originally Posted by statsman View Post
    You're wrong. Lots know what happened at Baylor. Pepper Hamilton. The BoR. The administration. Briles and his staff. It's just that none of them are talking. They're all cashing those sweet Baylor checks (except for the regents; they're writing them) and keeping quiet.
    The ladies doing the investigation from Pepper Hamilton were two liberal feminist and prior sexual assault prosecutors who structured their verbal report like another day in court. Except their was no defense and no jury. They pulled on the regents heart strings, and I suspect the firings were more of an emotional reaction, not one well thought out Not one football player was ever interviewed or spoken to by the law firm. They had their own agenda. Most of the PH findings of facts was actually about complete administration failings and conflict of interest happening within the board. The regents have just glossed over that part and wanted the focus on the football team to justify there emotional reaction to the public. There is too many successful business men and women on he board with big egos to admit any wrong doing or failure on their part, hence no resignations on the board. If Briles had to go because the captain goes down with the ship, then why the hell are the regents still there?

  • #957
    \_(ツ)_/ SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    no man's land
    Posts
    24,905
    liberal feminism is tearing baylor apart!

  • #958
    fucktard Wire slams and goes hard. Wire slams and goes hard. Wire slams and goes hard. Wire slams and goes hard. Wire slams and goes hard. Wire slams and goes hard. Wire slams and goes hard. Wire slams and goes hard. Wire slams and goes hard. Wire slams and goes hard. Wire slams and goes hard.
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBUfan View Post
    The ladies doing the investigation from Pepper Hamilton were two liberal feminist and prior sexual assault prosecutors who structured their verbal report like another day in court. Except their was no defense and no jury. They pulled on the regents heart strings, and I suspect the firings were more of an emotional reaction, not one well thought out Not one football player was ever interviewed or spoken to by the law firm. They had their own agenda. Most of the PH findings of facts was actually about complete administration failings and conflict of interest happening within the board. The regents have just glossed over that part and wanted the focus on the football team to justify there emotional reaction to the public. There is too many successful business men and women on he board with big egos to admit any wrong doing or failure on their part, hence no resignations on the board. If Briles had to go because the captain goes down with the ship, then why the hell are the regents still there?
    You're all over the place. In a matter of minutes you go from "The fact is NOBODY knows what truly happened at Baylor. We can all speculate but that's all it's is, there is a TON of gray area with this one" to having all the answers above.

  • #959
    Because we DONT KNOW. Maybe if The Baylor Administration would be more transparent...but they won't to protect themselves. Hence my word usuage of "suspect" The regents have admitted not one football player was interviewed that is fact. It is also FACT that the two ladies from PH were previous liberal feminist sexual assault prosecutors who were just giddy to bring down a southern baptist conservative school. What BU's Admin did was wrong and they have since corrected the unjustice through education and policy changes which I'm very glad for. What I don't like is that they pinned this all on the football team while not being transparent. If Briles had to go so be it.....but I suspect that they are trying to smear Briles while putting up a smokescreen to protect themselves.

  • #960
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBUfan View Post
    I know many will probably neg rep me for this
    Sorry, I need to spread it around first.

  • #961
    asshat C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    25,061
    So Horny knew none of this was going on? <jenniferlawrenceGIF>

    http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_...n-intimidation

  • #962
    asshat Walden Ponderer Probably Shaggy upper class Walden Ponderer Probably Shaggy upper class Walden Ponderer Probably Shaggy upper class Walden Ponderer Probably Shaggy upper class Walden Ponderer Probably Shaggy upper class Walden Ponderer Probably Shaggy upper class Walden Ponderer Probably Shaggy upper class Walden Ponderer Probably Shaggy upper class Walden Ponderer Probably Shaggy upper class Walden Ponderer Probably Shaggy upper class Walden Ponderer Probably Shaggy upper class Walden Ponderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    That man is richest whose pleasures are the cheapest.
    Posts
    10,536
    Quote Originally Posted by SPII View Post
    liberal feminism is tearing baylor apart!
    Well, something's got to. Maybe we should all stand outside Old Main blaring Indigo Girls at 'em.


  • #963
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBUfan View Post
    Because we DONT KNOW. Maybe if The Baylor Administration would be more transparent...but they won't to protect themselves. Hence my word usuage of "suspect" The regents have admitted not one football player was interviewed that is fact. It is also FACT that the two ladies from PH were previous liberal feminist sexual assault prosecutors who were just giddy to bring down a southern baptist conservative school. What BU's Admin did was wrong and they have since corrected the unjustice through education and policy changes which I'm very glad for. What I don't like is that they pinned this all on the football team while not being transparent. If Briles had to go so be it.....but I suspect that they are trying to smear Briles while putting up a smokescreen to protect themselves.

  • #964
    The fact is NOBODY knows what truly happened at Baylor. We can all speculate but that's all it's is, there is a TON of gray area with this one.
    It is also FACT that the two ladies from PH were previous liberal feminist sexual assault prosecutors who were just giddy to bring down a southern baptist conservative school.
    Not that it was well hidden before, but you reveal your bias. Everything is very fuzzy except that the women who did the Pepper Hamilton report were determined to destroy the entity that was employing them and with whom they colluded in sanitizing their findings for public consumption.

    Another thing about your "nobody knows" argument is that you want to limit the evidence to Baylor's translation of the Pepper Hamilton Report and a hostile media. What about the women who have come forward? What about the Title IX administrator's story to the press supporting the notion of a rape enabling culture at Baylor?

    You choose to see and hear no evil. You're more careful in your prose than Casey Horny, but trying to create a cloud of dust to hide an open sewer isn't much different to me than what other Baylor rape apologists do.

    Like them, you don't even think about the women who were victimized. They seem to be of no account to you. Baylor is the victim in your arguments. That's pretty damned close to speaking evil.

  • #965
    asshat flaco might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? flaco might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? flaco might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? flaco might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? flaco might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? flaco might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? flaco might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? flaco might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? flaco might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? flaco might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? flaco might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge?
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,720
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBUfan View Post
    Because we DONT KNOW. Maybe if The Baylor Administration would be more transparent...but they won't to protect themselves. Hence my word usuage of "suspect" The regents have admitted not one football player was interviewed that is fact. It is also FACT that the two ladies from PH were previous liberal feminist sexual assault prosecutors who were just giddy to bring down a southern baptist conservative school. What BU's Admin did was wrong and they have since corrected the unjustice through education and policy changes which I'm very glad for. What I don't like is that they pinned this all on the football team while not being transparent. If Briles had to go so be it.....but I suspect that they are trying to smear Briles while putting up a smokescreen to protect themselves.
    Hi Unklephucker! How have you been?

  • #966
    fucktard Wire slams and goes hard. Wire slams and goes hard. Wire slams and goes hard. Wire slams and goes hard. Wire slams and goes hard. Wire slams and goes hard. Wire slams and goes hard. Wire slams and goes hard. Wire slams and goes hard. Wire slams and goes hard. Wire slams and goes hard.
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by RomaVicta View Post
    Not that it was well hidden before, but you reveal your bias. Everything is very fuzzy except that the women who did the Pepper Hamilton report were determined to destroy the entity that was employing them and with whom they colluded in sanitizing their findings for public consumption.

    Another thing about your "nobody knows" argument is that you want to limit the evidence to Baylor's translation of the Pepper Hamilton Report and a hostile media. What about the women who have come forward? What about the Title IX administrator's story to the press supporting the notion of a rape enabling culture at Baylor?

    You choose to see and hear no evil. You're more careful in your prose than Casey Horny, but trying to create a cloud of dust to hide an open sewer isn't much different to me than what other Baylor rape apologists do.

    Like them, you don't even think about the women who were victimized. They seem to be of no account to you. Baylor is the victim in your arguments. That's pretty damned close to speaking evil.
    Well said. Not sure TXBUfan understands what constitutes a fact. In contrast, I think there's sufficient evidence to support the position that Horny should not be a member of our coaching staff.

  • #967
    Quote Originally Posted by RomaVicta View Post
    Not that it was well hidden before, but you reveal your bias. Everything is very fuzzy except that the women who did the Pepper Hamilton report were determined to destroy the entity that was employing them and with whom they colluded in sanitizing their findings for public consumption.

    Another thing about your "nobody knows" argument is that you want to limit the evidence to Baylor's translation of the Pepper Hamilton Report and a hostile media. What about the women who have come forward? What about the Title IX administrator's story to the press supporting the notion of a rape enabling culture at Baylor?

    You choose to see and hear no evil. You're more careful in your prose than Casey Horny, but trying to create a cloud of dust to hide an open sewer isn't much different to me than what other Baylor rape apologists do.

    Like them, you don't even think about the women who were victimized. They seem to be of no account to you. Baylor is the victim in your arguments. That's pretty damned close to speaking evil.
    That's my point, I think most if this fiasco is based upon Baylor's Admins complete failure to implement title 9...Baylors leadership is the problem!!! I have no idea why Regan Ransower(head of Baylor PD, and admitted on TV his department failed to properly respond to assualts) is still employed by Baylor, it's appalling!! Baylor so badly wanted to look like a Christian school on paper hence for a few years they reported ZERO assaults. This fiasco is not an athletics only issue!! I just feel the football team was made to look as bad as as possible as a deflection. That's why I feel this whole Casey Horny hire has a lot of plausible deniability.

  • #968
    \_(ツ)_/ SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII Definitely Shaggy upper class SPII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    no man's land
    Posts
    24,905
    which PR firm hired you? is it good pay?

  • #969
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Man View Post
    So Horny knew none of this was going on? <jenniferlawrenceGIF>

    http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_...n-intimidation
    Again why is Regan Ramsower still employed at Baylor?!? It's complete bull $&@$!! Plus this statement from the article:


    "Lyons' attorney, Dallas-based Rogge Dunn, who also represents Crawford, said Baylor officials did not respond to his efforts to reach out to the school in November to discuss a settlement."

    Says that this particular persons beef with Baylor could all go away with lots of $$$$$. She didn't get it so now she is in the "burn it to the ground" mentality right or wrong..

  • #970
    asshat hayden_horn probably preboards planes hayden_horn probably preboards planes hayden_horn probably preboards planes hayden_horn probably preboards planes hayden_horn probably preboards planes hayden_horn probably preboards planes hayden_horn probably preboards planes hayden_horn probably preboards planes hayden_horn probably preboards planes hayden_horn probably preboards planes hayden_horn probably preboards planes hayden_horn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    dirty souf austin
    Posts
    36,566
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBUfan View Post
    That's my point, I think most if this fiasco is based upon Baylor's Admins complete failure to implement title 9...Baylors leadership is the problem!!! I have no idea why Regan Ransower(head of Baylor PD, and admitted on TV his department failed to properly respond to assualts) is still employed by Baylor, it's appalling!! Baylor so badly wanted to look like a Christian school on paper hence for a few years they reported ZERO assaults. This fiasco is not an athletics only issue!! I just feel the football team was made to look as bad as as possible as a deflection. That's why I feel this whole Casey Horny hire has a lot of plausible deniability.
    this is a hilarious sham. you have no idea how obvious you are or who you are dealing with here.

  • #971
    asshat Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt Definitely Shaggy upper class Hollywood Colt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    fucking it
    Posts
    21,192
    If you have any final words now would be the time to share them.

  • #972
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBUfan View Post
    The ladies doing the investigation from Pepper Hamilton were two liberal feminist and prior sexual assault prosecutors who structured their verbal report like another day in court.
    OK. Now really, like I said before, you are just another run of the mill Baylor troll, who has poorly attempted to claim knowledge/support of Baylor merely from your wife.

    Stahp. Negged. Fatwa.

  • #973
    asshat achooloco Shaggy Bronze Club achooloco Shaggy Bronze Club achooloco Shaggy Bronze Club achooloco Shaggy Bronze Club achooloco Shaggy Bronze Club achooloco Shaggy Bronze Club achooloco Shaggy Bronze Club achooloco Shaggy Bronze Club achooloco Shaggy Bronze Club achooloco Shaggy Bronze Club achooloco Shaggy Bronze Club
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    astoria, queens
    Posts
    2,091
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBUfan View Post
    The ladies doing the investigation from Pepper Hamilton were two liberal feminist and prior sexual assault prosecutors who structured their verbal report like another day in court. Except their was no defense and no jury. They pulled on the regents heart strings, and I suspect the firings were more of an emotional reaction, not one well thought out Not one football player was ever interviewed or spoken to by the law firm. They had their own agenda. Most of the PH findings of facts was actually about complete administration failings and conflict of interest happening within the board. The regents have just glossed over that part and wanted the focus on the football team to justify there emotional reaction to the public. There is too many successful business men and women on he board with big egos to admit any wrong doing or failure on their part, hence no resignations on the board. If Briles had to go because the captain goes down with the ship, then why the hell are the regents still there?
    If there was any doubt, $#@! this rape loving Baylor troll
    Last edited by achooloco; Yesterday at 02:20 PM.

  • #974
    Sinner BurntOrangeSatire, LLC. Probably Shaggy upper class BurntOrangeSatire, LLC. Probably Shaggy upper class BurntOrangeSatire, LLC. Probably Shaggy upper class BurntOrangeSatire, LLC. Probably Shaggy upper class BurntOrangeSatire, LLC. Probably Shaggy upper class BurntOrangeSatire, LLC. Probably Shaggy upper class BurntOrangeSatire, LLC. Probably Shaggy upper class BurntOrangeSatire, LLC. Probably Shaggy upper class BurntOrangeSatire, LLC. Probably Shaggy upper class BurntOrangeSatire, LLC. Probably Shaggy upper class BurntOrangeSatire, LLC. Probably Shaggy upper class BurntOrangeSatire, LLC.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Where nothing grows in the right direction
    Posts
    10,102
    A comment must be left for negative reputation: $#@! Baylor

  • #975
    asshat DFWBear might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? DFWBear might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? DFWBear might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? DFWBear might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? DFWBear might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? DFWBear might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? DFWBear might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? DFWBear might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? DFWBear might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? DFWBear might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? DFWBear might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? DFWBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Kneeling before Grant Teaff
    Posts
    6,421
    I've tried hard to avoid the Baylor situation save one bender in July while I was on vacation. Having made 18 months while largely skipping the discussion and having the ability to openly state that I've never defended Briles since this came to light 18 months ago has been great. So it's probably with great regret I open my mouth now to respond to a couple of comments.

    Quote Originally Posted by statsman View Post
    You're wrong. Lots know what happened at Baylor. Pepper Hamilton. The BoR. The administration. Briles and his staff. It's just that none of them are talking.
    There's an amazing exchange in the the notes released on the Federal Reserve Board meetings a few weeks ago. The notes detail a time back when the Sovereign Debt Crisis in Europe was at maximum boil. Dallas Fed Chairman Fisher turns to the Fed Chairman and asks a rather simple question
    Quote Originally Posted by Fed Notes
    Fisher: Mr. Chairman, can you please give us any additional information that hasn't come through the U.S. media? Surely we are in contact with the EU and have more information on which we can make this decision.
    Bernake: We are not and I cannot provide anything more.
    Fisher: Do we know anything that's not already public knowledge?
    Bernake: No.
    On the surface, that seems absurd and amazing. One of the 5 most powerful men in the world in Bernake is leading the discussion on an immensely important and far reaching discussion, and he knows nothing more about the most important situation in the world than a hobo with a NYTimes subscription.

    Perhaps it's because I'm knee deep in Pynchon, but the human desire to believe in a conspiracy or that someone somewhere has all the facts and has made a reasonable choice doesn't really have much bearing. Yes, some people know enough to state that Art Briles should be fired for cause, and the most important individual in the history of Baylor Athletics should be run out the door. There is no evidence that that knowledge extends to where you believe it should though. Based on my knowledge of the situation, which contains some things not know publicly ( but very few ), Briles went to great lengths to conceal this stuff from staff ( particularly his son ) because he knew that what he was doing was wrong. Further, larges swathes of the Academic and Athletic Administrations put their blinders on and willfully lied to themselves. The assumption that all members of staff knew every detail of every transgression has no basis in reality and no evidence to support it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Randolph Duke View Post
    What Casey Horny has not said is that the culture of rape on the Baylor campus, or any culture of rape involving coaches turning a blind eye to felonies committed by student athletes is reprehensible. At the very least, he should state such a belief on the record. Not only has Horny not said as much, he seemingly is unwilling to ever make such a statement.

    If Horny's loyalties to Art Briles are stronger than his loyalties to principles of integrity and any abhorrence to a culture of violence against women, he has no business being on any college campus.

    Horny has had ample opportunity to make himself clear or to clarify any seeming misconceptions. He has utterly failed to amend or clarify his public statements concerning Art Briles and the situation at Baylor. Obviously, he believes his position on the matters is sufficiently clear.

    $#@! him. He has no business mentoring male student athletes if he has no moral compass.
    When Kendall Briles was interviewing for OC positions in December, he asked several potential employers how they wanted to him to handle the situation. I don't know the details of every response, but I can tell you that his current school specifically asked him to simply not comment, as merely by releasing a statement he would extend the PR flack they might get for hiring him.

    I state this because you do not know why Horny has not released a statement. That you view his mere silence as "reprehensible" speaks far more to your cultural norms than to his, and to your complete lack of faith in the Authority of the UT Athletic Department ( I have no idea if that lack of faith is valid or not ). You have made a summary judgement in the complete absence of any meaningful information beyond Horny's desire to ensure his ability to earn a livelihood as a coach remain in tact. From that simple fact and ensuing silence, you build with a series of conditionals ( "seemingly unwilling" "If Horny's loyalties" "obviously, he believes" ) to conclude, in grand flourish
    $#@! him. He has no business mentoring male student athletes if he has no moral compass.
    That's an astounding statement to make with virtually no information at your disposal.

  • #976
    asshat DFWBear might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? DFWBear might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? DFWBear might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? DFWBear might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? DFWBear might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? DFWBear might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? DFWBear might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? DFWBear might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? DFWBear might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? DFWBear might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? DFWBear might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? DFWBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Kneeling before Grant Teaff
    Posts
    6,421
    Also, TXBUFan is either a bad troll or a complete lunatic. Leaning towards the former.

  • #977
    Stat Adjuster Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry Shaggy Platinum Huckleberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    adjustedstats.com
    Posts
    28,457
    Well most of that post is pretty logical, but then you went of the rails at the end. Horny has released statements and has not remained silent. He made multiple tweets about the situation, including multiple tweets attacking the media for investigating the situation.

    Not only that, but he continued to defend Art Briles half a year after the administration had fired him. The entire situation, as you point out, can only lead to one logical conclusion - and that's the conclusion that Art Briles did some really bad $#@!. There's no way he's fired if that's not the case.
    Last edited by Huckleberry; Yesterday at 02:46 PM.

  • #978
    asshat C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    25,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
    Well most of that post is pretty logical, but then you went of the rails at the end. Horny has released statements and has not remained silent. He made multiple tweets about the situation, including multiple tweets attacking the media for investigating the situation.

    Not only that, but he continued to defend Art Briles half a year after the administration had fired him. The entire situation, as you point out, can only lead to one logical conclusion - and that's the conclusion that Art Briles did some really bad $#@!. There's no way he's fired if that's not the case.
    Yeah, we're not fishing for a response from Horny. We'd like to see one from somebody in power at our university. Horny said all that needed to be said via Twitter back in November.

  • #979
    asshat C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man Shaggy Gold Club C-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    25,061
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBUfan View Post
    That's my point, I think most if this fiasco is based upon Baylor's Admins complete failure to implement title 9...Baylors leadership is the problem!!! I have no idea why Regan Ransower(head of Baylor PD, and admitted on TV his department failed to properly respond to assualts) is still employed by Baylor, it's appalling!! Baylor so badly wanted to look like a Christian school on paper hence for a few years they reported ZERO assaults. This fiasco is not an athletics only issue!! I just feel the football team was made to look as bad as as possible as a deflection. That's why I feel this whole Casey Horny hire has a lot of plausible deniability.
    Yeah, using the "the football team was dirty but the Baylor admins were even dirtier therefore the football program was wronged" argument isn't gonna get you very far on this board -- unless you're trying to get permabanned.

  • #980
    asshat MajorHarsin Shaggy Gold Club MajorHarsin Shaggy Gold Club MajorHarsin Shaggy Gold Club MajorHarsin Shaggy Gold Club MajorHarsin Shaggy Gold Club MajorHarsin Shaggy Gold Club MajorHarsin Shaggy Gold Club MajorHarsin Shaggy Gold Club MajorHarsin Shaggy Gold Club MajorHarsin Shaggy Gold Club MajorHarsin Shaggy Gold Club MajorHarsin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    6,701
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBUfan View Post
    Because we DONT KNOW. Maybe if The Baylor Administration would be more transparent...but they won't to protect themselves. Hence my word usuage of "suspect" The regents have admitted not one football player was interviewed that is fact. It is also FACT that the two ladies from PH were previous liberal feminist sexual assault prosecutors who were just giddy to bring down a southern baptist conservative school. What BU's Admin did was wrong and they have since corrected the unjustice through education and policy changes which I'm very glad for. What I don't like is that they pinned this all on the football team while not being transparent. If Briles had to go so be it.....but I suspect that they are trying to smear Briles while putting up a smokescreen to protect themselves.
    I'm the last person on this board to defend liberal feminism, but you're a $#@!ing stupid piece of $#@! idiot.

    Briles was running a rape factory. All of your poor southern baptist victimhood bull$#@! is embarrassing. If it didn't affect your cute little football program, you wouldn't be defending this.

    Bitch.

  • #981
    asshat hayden_horn probably preboards planes hayden_horn probably preboards planes hayden_horn probably preboards planes hayden_horn probably preboards planes hayden_horn probably preboards planes hayden_horn probably preboards planes hayden_horn probably preboards planes hayden_horn probably preboards planes hayden_horn probably preboards planes hayden_horn probably preboards planes hayden_horn probably preboards planes hayden_horn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    dirty souf austin
    Posts
    36,566
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Man View Post
    Yeah, we're not fishing for a response from Horny. We'd like to see one from somebody in power at our university. Horny said all that needed to be said via Twitter back in November.
    i don't know, at least the appearance of some contrition about the misguided support for art briles would have gone a long way in public relations.

    the problem is that he is not contrite. he doesn't want to burn any bridges with any of the other names that signed that #CAB tweet. that much is obvious, since we haven't heard $#@! from our coaching staff and only a milquetoast release from perrin. it's chicken$#@!, and it's obvious chicken$#@!. there's no chicken salad here. just a pile of $#@!.

  • #982
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBUfan View Post
    Because we DONT KNOW. Maybe if The Baylor Administration would be more transparent...but they won't to protect themselves. Hence my word usuage of "suspect" The regents have admitted not one football player was interviewed that is fact. It is also FACT that the two ladies from PH were previous liberal feminist sexual assault prosecutors who were just giddy to bring down a southern baptist conservative school. What BU's Admin did was wrong and they have since corrected the unjustice through education and policy changes which I'm very glad for. What I don't like is that they pinned this all on the football team while not being transparent. If Briles had to go so be it.....but I suspect that they are trying to smear Briles while putting up a smokescreen to protect themselves.
    Welcome back unklefucker

    EDIT- flaco beat me to it.

  • #983
    asshat In10se Shaggy Silver Club In10se Shaggy Silver Club In10se Shaggy Silver Club In10se Shaggy Silver Club In10se Shaggy Silver Club In10se Shaggy Silver Club In10se Shaggy Silver Club In10se Shaggy Silver Club In10se Shaggy Silver Club In10se Shaggy Silver Club In10se Shaggy Silver Club
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    8,370
    Quote Originally Posted by tokamak View Post
    Sorry if it's been discussed, but has anyone been able to explain why Herman would go through all this to hire a $#@!ing 40-year-old QC coach? It would make much more sense to me if this was the OC or something, but Horny doesn't exactly seem like a high flyer. Does he have dirt on Herman?
    I think looking at Herman's hires for his staff shows he likes to hire his buddies. Chances are he knew this jackass was in a broken situation at Baylor and about to be out on his ass so he threw him a bone. Problem is the jackass buddy is a $#@!ing rape apologist with the previous 9 years of rape apology experience and the bone Herman threw him is our bone.

  • #984
    asshat Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    meh
    Posts
    9,922
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBUfan View Post
    It is also FACT that the two ladies from PH were previous liberal feminist sexual assault prosecutors who were just giddy to bring down a southern baptist conservative school.
    #1: You don't know the difference between fact and opinion
    #2: Even if that were a "fact," it has absolutely zero bearing on the substance of the PH report.
    #3: If you want to label anyone who is opposed to deliberately recruiting rapists and punishing rape victims as a "liberal feminist," then for $#@!'s sake, call me a liberal feminist while you're at it.

  • #985
    It was a nice try at first, TXBUfatwa. But you are who we thought you were.

  • + Reply to Thread
    Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts

     

     

    Home .. Advertise .. ShaggyShop .. PanchoChat
    Football .. OC .. Basketball .. Baseball .. Other Sports .. RC Didn't Offer .. Gamboool
    Varsity .. Hole in the Wall .. PCL .. Einstein's .. Nasty's .. GM Steakhouse .. NSAA .. Classics
    Bada Bing .. Bernard .. Nerdz .. Can you help me with this? .. Shagslist .. Cloak Room .. Bellmont