+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2 Men Try To Rob Gun Store, Doesn't end well

Yawner Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20's Avatar

2 Men Try To Rob Gun Store, Doesn't end well

MABLETON, Ga. -- The owner of a gun shop who shot back against two armed suspects is speaking out after the incident, saying he had no choice but to fire at the men, killing one.

Bullet holes are still visible on the front on the Dixie Gun and Pawn shot Monday night after what detectives describe as a gun battle broke out earlier in the day.

Police said two armed men burst in Jimmy Groover’s store in broad daylight Monday and held the gun store owner at gunpoint.

“Get down on the floor, get down on the floor or I’ll kill you,” Groover recalled the suspects telling him. “Then they shot at me.”

What the men weren't aware of is that Groover had a gun of his own. Feeling like his life was on the line, he pulled the trigger, shooting and killing one of the suspects. The other is still on the run.

Groover returned to his Cobb County business after the ordeal and showed detectives and family members how he pulled the gun off his hip to defend his life.

“I had no other choice. I had no other choice. I hate that it happened,” he told 11Alive. “I've been doing this 30 years. Nothing like this has ever happened. I never wanted this to happen but I want to go home at night, too.”
    http://www.wcnc.com/news/gun-shop-ow...oice/384719869

It's too bad both the robbers couldn't become Darwin award winners.

asshat FredtheMonkey Shaggy Bronze Club FredtheMonkey Shaggy Bronze Club FredtheMonkey Shaggy Bronze Club FredtheMonkey Shaggy Bronze Club FredtheMonkey Shaggy Bronze Club FredtheMonkey Shaggy Bronze Club FredtheMonkey Shaggy Bronze Club FredtheMonkey Shaggy Bronze Club FredtheMonkey Shaggy Bronze Club FredtheMonkey Shaggy Bronze Club FredtheMonkey Shaggy Bronze Club FredtheMonkey's Avatar
    did he shoot him in the head through the glass cabinet? Looked like the guy walked in, raised his gun at the old man and died instantly.

people always seem to die slow in the movies. that guy looked dead by the time he hit the ground.

Yawner Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20 Shaggy Gold Club Rocko20's Avatar
    If you slow the video down and look closely, the owner got off a few rounds which obviously hit the perp, before one of the rounds hit the glass cabinet.

asshat Longhorn Al Shaggy Silver Club Longhorn Al Shaggy Silver Club Longhorn Al Shaggy Silver Club Longhorn Al Shaggy Silver Club Longhorn Al Shaggy Silver Club Longhorn Al Shaggy Silver Club Longhorn Al Shaggy Silver Club Longhorn Al Shaggy Silver Club Longhorn Al Shaggy Silver Club Longhorn Al Shaggy Silver Club Longhorn Al Shaggy Silver Club Longhorn Al's Avatar
    I don't think the owner shot the glass. He was on target. The robber got off at least one round as he was being shot. You can see his muzzle aim down a bit as his body recoils from being shot.
    Last edited by Longhorn Al; 01-12-2017 at 02:21 AM.

asshat FredtheMonkey Shaggy Bronze Club FredtheMonkey Shaggy Bronze Club FredtheMonkey Shaggy Bronze Club FredtheMonkey Shaggy Bronze Club FredtheMonkey Shaggy Bronze Club FredtheMonkey Shaggy Bronze Club FredtheMonkey Shaggy Bronze Club FredtheMonkey Shaggy Bronze Club FredtheMonkey Shaggy Bronze Club FredtheMonkey Shaggy Bronze Club FredtheMonkey Shaggy Bronze Club FredtheMonkey's Avatar
    i see it now. There was an exchange. Old man hits and thief misses.

Still though...looks like the thief must have took one directly to the heart. He back-peddles, hunches in around his chest, and is dead by the time he hits the floor. no spasms or gasping or anything. Just no longer there.

asshat Longhorn Al Shaggy Silver Club Longhorn Al Shaggy Silver Club Longhorn Al Shaggy Silver Club Longhorn Al Shaggy Silver Club Longhorn Al Shaggy Silver Club Longhorn Al Shaggy Silver Club Longhorn Al Shaggy Silver Club Longhorn Al Shaggy Silver Club Longhorn Al Shaggy Silver Club Longhorn Al Shaggy Silver Club Longhorn Al Shaggy Silver Club Longhorn Al's Avatar
    Old man did it right. No hesitation.

asshat zzzz might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? zzzz might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? zzzz might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? zzzz might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? zzzz might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? zzzz might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? zzzz might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? zzzz might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? zzzz might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? zzzz might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? zzzz might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? zzzz's Avatar
    It appears the robber pulls the second gun because he's going to cover the two workers with two weapons. As he's doing this he sees the owner draw his own weapon, and points both towards him. At that point he's struck. If he had just used one gun he might have reacted slightly faster.
    Last edited by zzzz; 01-12-2017 at 02:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zzzz View Post
    It appears the robber pulls the second gun because he's going to cover the two workers with two weapons. As he's doing this he sees the owner draw his own weapon, and points both towards him. At that point he's struck. If he had just used one gun he might have reacted slightly faster.
    He should have had them both drawn when he walked in.

asshat Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks's Avatar
    Alive - Dead .45?
    Just like that. He chose poorly.

It even looks like the gun owner had time to reload as he is moving into position to get a clear shot at the other guy.

asshat Homercles Shaggy Gold Club Homercles Shaggy Gold Club Homercles Shaggy Gold Club Homercles Shaggy Gold Club Homercles Shaggy Gold Club Homercles Shaggy Gold Club Homercles Shaggy Gold Club Homercles Shaggy Gold Club Homercles Shaggy Gold Club Homercles Shaggy Gold Club Homercles Shaggy Gold Club Homercles's Avatar
    Thanks for serving the shag as our own private, 1am crawler bot scouring the internet for breaking news to share.

And don't rob gun stores

Old man quick on the draw. Well done.

asshat HouTex Shaggy Bronze Club HouTex Shaggy Bronze Club HouTex Shaggy Bronze Club HouTex Shaggy Bronze Club HouTex Shaggy Bronze Club HouTex Shaggy Bronze Club HouTex Shaggy Bronze Club HouTex Shaggy Bronze Club HouTex Shaggy Bronze Club HouTex Shaggy Bronze Club HouTex Shaggy Bronze Club
    Love it.

asshat Blain probably preboards planes Blain probably preboards planes Blain probably preboards planes Blain probably preboards planes Blain probably preboards planes Blain probably preboards planes Blain probably preboards planes Blain probably preboards planes Blain probably preboards planes Blain probably preboards planes Blain probably preboards planes Blain's Avatar
    He sleep.

asshat HouTex Shaggy Bronze Club HouTex Shaggy Bronze Club HouTex Shaggy Bronze Club HouTex Shaggy Bronze Club HouTex Shaggy Bronze Club HouTex Shaggy Bronze Club HouTex Shaggy Bronze Club HouTex Shaggy Bronze Club HouTex Shaggy Bronze Club HouTex Shaggy Bronze Club HouTex Shaggy Bronze Club
    Any idea about his ammo? It worked well.

asshat maninblack Probably Shaggy upper class maninblack Probably Shaggy upper class maninblack Probably Shaggy upper class maninblack Probably Shaggy upper class maninblack Probably Shaggy upper class maninblack Probably Shaggy upper class maninblack Probably Shaggy upper class maninblack Probably Shaggy upper class maninblack Probably Shaggy upper class maninblack Probably Shaggy upper class maninblack Probably Shaggy upper class maninblack's Avatar
    Well done

asshat Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament's Avatar
    Gun owner showed good tactics and stance while the the $#@! was going down.

asshat erikestradaschesthair Shaggy Gold Club erikestradaschesthair Shaggy Gold Club erikestradaschesthair Shaggy Gold Club erikestradaschesthair Shaggy Gold Club erikestradaschesthair Shaggy Gold Club erikestradaschesthair Shaggy Gold Club erikestradaschesthair Shaggy Gold Club erikestradaschesthair Shaggy Gold Club erikestradaschesthair Shaggy Gold Club erikestradaschesthair Shaggy Gold Club erikestradaschesthair Shaggy Gold Club erikestradaschesthair's Avatar
    thats what a center mass shot will do.

asshat NotActuallyALonghorn has a gigantic e-peen. NotActuallyALonghorn has a gigantic e-peen. NotActuallyALonghorn has a gigantic e-peen. NotActuallyALonghorn has a gigantic e-peen. NotActuallyALonghorn has a gigantic e-peen. NotActuallyALonghorn has a gigantic e-peen. NotActuallyALonghorn has a gigantic e-peen. NotActuallyALonghorn has a gigantic e-peen. NotActuallyALonghorn has a gigantic e-peen. NotActuallyALonghorn has a gigantic e-peen. NotActuallyALonghorn has a gigantic e-peen. NotActuallyALonghorn's Avatar
    Probably not very good for that one dudes tinitus.

asshat 4th and 5 Shaggy Gold Club 4th and 5 Shaggy Gold Club 4th and 5 Shaggy Gold Club 4th and 5 Shaggy Gold Club 4th and 5 Shaggy Gold Club 4th and 5 Shaggy Gold Club 4th and 5 Shaggy Gold Club 4th and 5 Shaggy Gold Club 4th and 5 Shaggy Gold Club 4th and 5 Shaggy Gold Club 4th and 5 Shaggy Gold Club 4th and 5's Avatar
    1st shot hits, perp reacts, fires into glass, 2nd shot is CNS, lights out

asshat SBBruin Definitely Shaggy upper class SBBruin Definitely Shaggy upper class SBBruin Definitely Shaggy upper class SBBruin Definitely Shaggy upper class SBBruin Definitely Shaggy upper class SBBruin Definitely Shaggy upper class SBBruin Definitely Shaggy upper class SBBruin Definitely Shaggy upper class SBBruin Definitely Shaggy upper class SBBruin Definitely Shaggy upper class SBBruin Definitely Shaggy upper class SBBruin's Avatar
    50 bullets in yo ass make yo day?

Shaggy Goon MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction's Avatar
    Old man took that $#@! to clown school.

asshat Lat22 Shaggy Gold Club Lat22 Shaggy Gold Club Lat22 Shaggy Gold Club Lat22 Shaggy Gold Club Lat22 Shaggy Gold Club Lat22 Shaggy Gold Club Lat22 Shaggy Gold Club Lat22 Shaggy Gold Club Lat22 Shaggy Gold Club Lat22 Shaggy Gold Club Lat22 Shaggy Gold Club Lat22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HouTex View Post
    Any idea about his ammo? It worked well.
    The killin kind

asshat TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR's Avatar
    Gotta love pest control.

asshat crackamacgowski has a gigantic e-peen. crackamacgowski has a gigantic e-peen. crackamacgowski has a gigantic e-peen. crackamacgowski has a gigantic e-peen. crackamacgowski has a gigantic e-peen. crackamacgowski has a gigantic e-peen. crackamacgowski has a gigantic e-peen. crackamacgowski has a gigantic e-peen. crackamacgowski has a gigantic e-peen. crackamacgowski has a gigantic e-peen. crackamacgowski has a gigantic e-peen. crackamacgowski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NotActuallyALonghorn View Post
    Probably not very good for that one dudes tinitus.

I suspect the store owner had some nasty rounds in his .45.

who would ever try and rob a gun store? ive never been to a gun store where every employee wasn't carrying. darwin award no doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Mapplewhite132 View Post
    who would ever try and rob a gun store? ive never been to a gun store where every employee wasn't carrying. darwin award no doubt
    Yep. Most gun stores seem to employ people who wish someone would try and rob them. Collectors Firearms in Houston -- those $#@!s carry 2-3 guns and big ass daggers.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhorn Al View Post
    I don't think the owner shot the glass schieß dem fenster.
    It's a well known bad guy tactic.

asshat Lat22 Shaggy Gold Club Lat22 Shaggy Gold Club Lat22 Shaggy Gold Club Lat22 Shaggy Gold Club Lat22 Shaggy Gold Club Lat22 Shaggy Gold Club Lat22 Shaggy Gold Club Lat22 Shaggy Gold Club Lat22 Shaggy Gold Club Lat22 Shaggy Gold Club Lat22 Shaggy Gold Club Lat22's Avatar
    I took my father in law (from Florida) into a south Texas gun store over the holidays. He's a talker and he asked the shop owner if he's scared about getting robbed. The owner and I just looked at each other and giggled.

asshat TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR's Avatar
    who would ever try and rob a gun store? ...
    OOH! OOH! OOH! I got this one! - Good Kids - amirite?

Cornin' the duckhole markstanco Shaggy Platinum markstanco Shaggy Platinum markstanco Shaggy Platinum markstanco Shaggy Platinum markstanco Shaggy Platinum markstanco Shaggy Platinum markstanco Shaggy Platinum markstanco Shaggy Platinum markstanco Shaggy Platinum markstanco Shaggy Platinum markstanco Shaggy Platinum markstanco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Sack View Post
    I suspect the store owner had some nasty rounds in his .45.
    1st 2 rounds in my .45:

Hollow points for clean up.

Those are called Taxpayer Relief loads.

oldfart Armybrat probably preboards planes Armybrat probably preboards planes Armybrat probably preboards planes Armybrat probably preboards planes Armybrat probably preboards planes Armybrat probably preboards planes Armybrat probably preboards planes Armybrat probably preboards planes Armybrat probably preboards planes Armybrat probably preboards planes Armybrat probably preboards planes Armybrat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TOR View Post
    Those are called Taxpayer Relief loads.
    Or Social Work Rounds.

Get off my floor.
    Last edited by Armybrat; 01-12-2017 at 10:29 AM.

oldfart Armybrat probably preboards planes Armybrat probably preboards planes Armybrat probably preboards planes Armybrat probably preboards planes Armybrat probably preboards planes Armybrat probably preboards planes Armybrat probably preboards planes Armybrat probably preboards planes Armybrat probably preboards planes Armybrat probably preboards planes Armybrat probably preboards planes Armybrat's Avatar
    Reminds me of the jewelry store owner who defended himself successfully in three different deadly shootouts with criminals over a number of years. One would think even moron crooks would instinctively avoid his business after the first one.

I think ol boy had these sights installed, too:

asshat Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markstanco View Post
    1st 2 rounds in my .45:

Hollow points for clean up.
    Gimmick round. Grownups carry this:

asshat Lerka Lerka Shaggy Gold Club Lerka Lerka Shaggy Gold Club Lerka Lerka Shaggy Gold Club Lerka Lerka Shaggy Gold Club Lerka Lerka Shaggy Gold Club Lerka Lerka Shaggy Gold Club Lerka Lerka Shaggy Gold Club Lerka Lerka Shaggy Gold Club Lerka Lerka Shaggy Gold Club Lerka Lerka Shaggy Gold Club Lerka Lerka Shaggy Gold Club Lerka Lerka's Avatar
    Spider just caught a couple flies.... You know that guy was READY for that moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Parliament View Post
    Gimmick round. Grownups carry this:

That's what I have in my S&W Shield and M&P. Hope I never have to use them.

asshat Dillo Pad Probably Shaggy upper class Dillo Pad Probably Shaggy upper class Dillo Pad Probably Shaggy upper class Dillo Pad Probably Shaggy upper class Dillo Pad Probably Shaggy upper class Dillo Pad Probably Shaggy upper class Dillo Pad Probably Shaggy upper class Dillo Pad Probably Shaggy upper class Dillo Pad Probably Shaggy upper class Dillo Pad Probably Shaggy upper class Dillo Pad Probably Shaggy upper class Dillo Pad's Avatar
    That music in the video sounds like its in the key of D. Saddest of all keys.

Who the $#@! thinks it is a good idea to rob a gun store? While it's open?!?!? Those guys are begging for your dumbass to walk in and try something.

Best Gatorade commercial evar.

asshat CaptainAnt Shaggy Bronze Club CaptainAnt Shaggy Bronze Club CaptainAnt Shaggy Bronze Club CaptainAnt Shaggy Bronze Club CaptainAnt Shaggy Bronze Club CaptainAnt Shaggy Bronze Club CaptainAnt Shaggy Bronze Club CaptainAnt Shaggy Bronze Club CaptainAnt Shaggy Bronze Club CaptainAnt Shaggy Bronze Club CaptainAnt Shaggy Bronze Club CaptainAnt's Avatar
    yeah those RIP rounds are just gimmicks, not enough mass penetrates to be an effective self defense round. See lots of people saying Critical Duty is good (it is) but I prefer Gold Dots, just crazy consistent and quality ammo

This is what I have in mine, alternated with hollow points

Does robbing a gun store during business hours ever end well for the perps?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Sack View Post
    Yep. Most gun stores seem to employ people who wish someone would try and rob them. Collectors Firearms in Houston -- those $#@!s carry 2-3 guns and big ass daggers.
    I'm waiting for someone to try and rob Knife Sharpest on Burnet. Howling Wolf carries a tomahawk and is the tomahawk throwing instructor. He will $#@! somebody's $#@! up one day.

Shaggy Goon MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction probably preboards planes MissingInAction's Avatar
    This is what waits for any $#@! sucker trying to come through my front door.

asshat Ogre Shaggy Silver Club Ogre Shaggy Silver Club Ogre Shaggy Silver Club Ogre Shaggy Silver Club Ogre Shaggy Silver Club Ogre Shaggy Silver Club Ogre Shaggy Silver Club Ogre Shaggy Silver Club Ogre Shaggy Silver Club Ogre Shaggy Silver Club Ogre Shaggy Silver Club
    He's damned lucky the other guy behind the counter didn't get shot. That looks to be who the robbers were drawn on.

Also, from 10 to 15 feet away unobstructed, pretty much any .45 round is going to ruin your day.

i could watch that all day.

asshat cabowabo has a gigantic e-peen. cabowabo has a gigantic e-peen. cabowabo has a gigantic e-peen. cabowabo has a gigantic e-peen. cabowabo has a gigantic e-peen. cabowabo has a gigantic e-peen. cabowabo has a gigantic e-peen. cabowabo has a gigantic e-peen. cabowabo has a gigantic e-peen. cabowabo has a gigantic e-peen. cabowabo has a gigantic e-peen. cabowabo's Avatar
    Hopefully, Georgia has felony murder so the other jackass can be charged with murder.

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast