+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: 2017-2018 Texas WBB - "We're lovin' it"

asshat js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasStrong12 View Post
    I'm going to take it as a very good sign that she moved her OV to the same weekend as Charli. Same AAU team and friends. Plus we get the last visit.

That's a positive development IMO.
    Statesman says she’s here this weekend and she retweeted it. I guess she changed her plans
    Last edited by js; 10-02-2017 at 07:47 PM.

@Raoul_000
    WBB: Natalie Romeo not listed here as a Washington returnee; apparently won't play this season for health reasons

Washington lost pretty much everyone from last year's team. That game shouldn't be difficult.

With Romeo sitting out, I think the only player that returns who started games last year is Hannah Johnson. She started 6 games last year.

asshat js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes
    @Raoul_000
    WBB: Natalie Romeo not listed here as a Washington returnee; apparently won't play this season for health reasons

Washington lost pretty much everyone from last year's team. That game shouldn't be difficult.
    That's rough. Wow.

Also, Texas-Georgia is set for 3pm on SEC Network for 12/3.

http://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/art...cruiting-trail

Good God, who cancels a home visit to #1?

She did, however, share details on how South Carolina and Texas were added to her list of finalists after they had been taken off.

Texas coaches, it seems, canceled a home visit the day before they were supposed to arrive. But the Longhorns players provided a strong pull.

"I thought that was so unprofessional," Williams said. "But then after playing with Joyner Holmes and Alecia Sutton on Team USA U19 in July, I decided to add Texas back. I loved playing with [Holmes and Sutton], and Coach Karen [Aston] apologized. It was just a big misunderstanding."
    Williams, though, insists she feels "no pressure," and she will be ready to pick a final two about one week after the Connecticut visit. Her final destination will be announced Nov. 10 (11:15 a.m. CST) in her school's auditorium.

Williams shut down questions about her final two stops.

"That's classified information," she said when asked about the Longhorns and Huskies. "I will say, as of right now, it's a fair ballgame."

I think Williams enjoys the process like some of these football recruits. Pretty sure she's released a top 10, a top 7, a top 6, then a top 5, then multiple changes to the top 5.

That can get annoying for coaches, especially when you are trying to get feedback on if you should prioritize a recruit or move on.
    Last edited by TexasStrong12; 10-05-2017 at 02:26 PM.

DKR was lit for Christyn tonight. Good performance, boys.

Rumor is Decosta May have committed to Baylor this weekend. Both her and Honesty Scott Grayson are announcing on the 10th. HSG is supposedly a silent commit.

Queen Egbo might again have waited too long and will have to go OOS

If we assume DeCosta picks Baylor, the next 3-4 seasons of Texas-Baylor will feature frontcourts of:

2014 #7 Jatarie White
    2015 #11 Kalani Brown
    2015 #16 Jordan Hosey
    2016 #1 Lauren Cox
    2016 #2 Joyner Holmes
    2017 #3 Rellah Boothe
    2018 #2 Charli Collier
    2018 #4 Acquira Decosta
    2018 #8 Nalyssa Smith
    2018 #12 Sedona Prince

Hell, even the backcourts:

2014 #3 Ariel Atkins
    2014 #29 Brooke McCarty
    2015 #7 Lashann Higgs
    2016 #6 Alecia Sutton
    2016 #8 Natalie Chou
    2016 #18 Calveion Landrum
    2017 #4 Chastity Patterson
    2017 #19 Deauzya Richards
    2017 #20 Alexis Morris

This should be the premier matchup 2-3 times a year for the next 4+ years. Good Lord, Waco-Austin is stacked with talent.
    Last edited by js; 10-09-2017 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by js View Post
    Rumor is Decosta May have committed to Baylor this weekend. Both her and Honesty Scott Grayson are announcing on the 10th. HSG is supposedly a silent commit.

Queen Egbo might again have waited too long and will have to go OOS
    HSG and Decosta to Baylor. CenTex is the center of the WBB world right now. If Christyn picks Texas, watch the $#@! out.

Any word on how the visit went?

Haven't seen much. She's at UConn this coming weekend with Olivia Nelson-Ododa. You worry about players visiting with other top players and they decide to commit together. The big plus is that Christyn isn't committing until November, I believe. So not having a date set up for next week is great, she won't be tempted to commit to UConn right after going.

Kim was strategic in getting Decosta and Scott-Grayson to visit together; she's a witch in getting someone's last visit and then they commit. I wish we could have convinced Collier to come in last weekend with Christyn instead of the 20th.

Yesterday:

Last edited by tempesthorn; 10-11-2017 at 10:17 AM.

Preseason Awards! (Joyner not eligible due to not being on roster for the fall)

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArtic...ampaign=buffer

POY: BU's Kalani Brown (yeah, I believe it, but $#@! it, Brooke is gonna repeat)
    FOY: Texas' Chastity Patterson
    Newcomer of the Year: Texas' Jatarie White

Ariel and Brooke make preseason All Big 12 along with Brown, OSU's Kaylee Jensen and WV's Tynice Martin.

HM: Lauren Cox (Baylor), Kristy Wallace (Baylor), Bridget Carleton (Iowa State), Maddie Manning (Oklahoma) and Vionise Pierre-Louis (Oklahoma)

Joyner will be All Big 12 by end of season, she's just not eligible at the moment.

asshat DesertDog2K is a rep whore. DesertDog2K is a rep whore. DesertDog2K is a rep whore. DesertDog2K is a rep whore. DesertDog2K is a rep whore. DesertDog2K is a rep whore. DesertDog2K is a rep whore. DesertDog2K is a rep whore. DesertDog2K is a rep whore. DesertDog2K is a rep whore. DesertDog2K is a rep whore. DesertDog2K's Avatar
    Brookie now engaged to her longtime boyfriend. Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertDog2K View Post
    Brookie now engaged to her longtime boyfriend. Congrats.
    This team is totally a family

asshat perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007's Avatar
    He seems like a nice guy. Didn't get rattled when her teammates stole her away right after she said yes, he just waited on his knee until she came back lol

K-State dismissed Eternati Wil$#@!. Wil$#@! made the All Big 12 freshman team.

A lot of attrition on rosters of teams we play.

I saw that. Big loss for them.

It's pretty much going to be 2 titans going up against each other this year while the rest sit back and fight for 3rd place. Though we aren't without our tough games still against ISU ($#@!ing white farm girls bombing threes), OU (especially in Norman), OSU and WV.

http://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/art...:womenbb:index

The Tina effect:

"Tina Thompson will be my position coach [at Texas], and that will be amazing for me," Collier said last week after speaking on a panel at the espnW: Women + Sports Summit. "When she played with the Comets and Cynthia Cooper, just seeing how smooth her game is, I feel like I can pick up from that."

"I want to become versatile like that, to have that overall game because it can help you in the long run," said Collier, a 6-foot-5 post player. "I feel like her being the woman that she is outside of basketball, she can help me with life skills as well."
    She wants to bring Texas back to the Final Four. And be near her family.

She wants to be part of the program Aston is rebuilding at Texas. Plus, the Longhorns' Austin campus is only three hours from home in Mont Belvieu, Texas. Having family nearby has become increasingly important since her father, Elliott, died during her sophomore year after a battle with cancer. Collier lives with her mom, Ponda, and younger brother, Casey.

"My mom, she's a single mother, and I felt like being with her, being with my family, that's what I need. That's my support group," Collier said. "I want my family to be able to watch me play, and I want to watch my brother grow and play high school football.
    Mama Tina

And, Collier added, on those occasions when a three-hour trip home might not be possible, there's always Thompson.

"If I ever need to, I know I can come to her for anything," Collier said. "I've got to know her over the years. She's just overall a great person."
    Tina was the homerun hire. I still sometimes can't believe Karen dragged her into college coaching.

@ESPN_WomenHoop
    Senior Jessica Washington, a @KUWBball guard, will miss the 2017-18 season after suffering a torn ACL. The @Big12Conference Newcomer of the Year last season, Washington led conference with 19.3 PPG.

The Big 12 could be a mess outside of Texas and Baylor. Insane the amount of attrition from teams we play this year.

She lit us up last year. 23 in Lawrence and 15 in Austin. 4/10 behind the arc in Austin. 43 shots taken in the 2 games. Went to the line 11 times in Lawrence.

Wasn't this A&M football motto last year? Furk.

And god damn, Sug has some hair. Glad Joyner is featured.

asshat TULAUS Shaggy Bronze Club TULAUS Shaggy Bronze Club TULAUS Shaggy Bronze Club TULAUS Shaggy Bronze Club TULAUS Shaggy Bronze Club TULAUS Shaggy Bronze Club TULAUS Shaggy Bronze Club TULAUS Shaggy Bronze Club TULAUS Shaggy Bronze Club TULAUS Shaggy Bronze Club TULAUS Shaggy Bronze Club TULAUS's Avatar

Tina was the homerun hire. I still sometimes can't believe Karen dragged her into college coaching.
    Had to promote her this year. How long till she gets the ultimate promotion at another school? People are taking notice.

Quote Originally Posted by TULAUS View Post
    Had to promote her this year. How long till she gets the ultimate promotion at another school? People are taking notice.
    It really depends on the opening, I think. USC was honestly the one I thought she'd leave for.

https://prospectsnation.com/class-ra...8-october-2017

Baylor #1 - #2,4,5,77
    Texas #2 - #1,7,51,88

Christyn Williams would catapult us into 1st maybe? 3, 6, 15 and 25 are still undecided. Queen Egbo announcing next Tuesday the 24

OU is #5 - #8,23,150,NR,NR
    ISU #14
    KSU #17
    WV #21
    KU #23

Hell of a recruiting haul coming in for the Big 12 next year. 7/10 teams have top 25 classes.

asshat perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007's Avatar
    Even KU has a top 25 class? Damn, Big 12 is becoming the premier WBB conference.
    lol just noticed KU takes full advantage of that Texas pipeline. All 3 of their recruits are Texas HS players
    Last edited by perfectchaos007; 10-16-2017 at 04:43 PM.

And Duncanville at that. Think they wanted to play together. Zarielle Green was a huge coup for KU, I thought for sure she was going to A&M. Longhorn for Life Cathy Self Morgan keeping them in the Big 12 but not Baylor or ousucks.

There's a rumor of a "major" big 12 decommitment happening. Some people are speculating Sedona Prince, but to me, that's doubtful. I don't think Collier scared her off, those 2 have played together before in AAU. Someone said Zarielle Green has removed all references to KU off her twitter. That may not be "major" but she's #13.

Raoul‏ @Raoul_000
    WBB: Hearing that top-15 ranked Zarielle Green (TX-2018) is currently on an official visit to Tennessee; she committed to Kansas on Oct. 1.

It has to be Green.

And Duncanville at that. Think they wanted to play together. Zarielle Green was a huge coup for KU, I thought for sure she was going to A&M. Longhorn for Life Cathy Self Morgan keeping them in the Big 12 but not Baylor or ousucks.
    One of the Duncanville girls already decommitted and committed to Houston (Starr Jacobs). Looks like Green is about to be gone too.

That didn't last long.

The problem for schools like Kansas is it only takes 1 deflection and you probably lose all 3. They've tried this strategy in both football and now women's basketball, both times it's been pretty unsuccessful.
    Last edited by TexasStrong12; Yesterday at 07:00 PM.

One of the Duncanville girls already decommitted and committed to Houston (Starr Jacobs). Looks like Green is about to be gone too.

That didn't last long.

The problem for schools like Kansas is it only takes 1 deflection and you probably lose all 3. They've tried this strategy in both football and now women's basketball, both times it's been pretty unsuccessful.
    whoops! Back to the Ju-Co well they go

Yep. Green is at Tennessee on her OV. Queen Egbo is in Waco and announcing next week. She’s a lock. Kim always gets a commitment after their last OV

dipshit daz is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? daz is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? daz is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? daz is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? daz is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? daz is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares?
    Yep. Green is at Tennessee on her OV. Queen Egbo is in Waco and announcing next week. She’s a lock. Kim always gets a commitment after their last OV
    The official visit doesn’t mean anything. The recruit already knows where they want to go even before the visit. If Queen Egbo does decide to go to Baylor it won’t be because of the visit, she already knew where she wanted to go.

Quote Originally Posted by daz View Post
    The official visit doesn’t mean anything. The recruit already knows where they want to go even before the visit. If Queen Egbo does decide to go to Baylor it won’t be because of the visit, she already knew where she wanted to go.
    I'm not saying it's a done deal. But I kind of am. Kim Mulkey is the top of her game when she gets a recruit's last OV and they immediately plan to commit right after. She had Decosta and Honesty Scott-Grayson the weekend before they committed and she got them both.

dipshit daz is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? daz is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? daz is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? daz is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? daz is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? daz is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares?
    I'm not saying it's a done deal. But I kind of am. Kim Mulkey is the top of her game when she gets a recruit's last OV and they immediately plan to commit right after. She had Decosta and Honesty Scott-Grayson the weekend before they committed and she got them both.
    Meh, the reality is that Decosta and HSG were going to commit to Baylor regardless. It didn’t matter if Baylor was their first visit or the last. What I’m saying is that the notion that a recruit takes their final visit to Baylor or any school and is swayed to commit there is just not accurate.

A recruit has already made up their mind where they want to go even before the visit. If a recruit commits to a school during or right after their visit they were going to go there regardless. It doesn’t matter if it’s the first visit or the last.
    Last edited by daz; Today at 09:34 AM.

Then I hope Christyn Williams was already going to pick us when she OV'd!!! :)

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6