+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2017-2018 Texas WBB - "We're lovin' it"

Quote Originally Posted by tempesthorn View Post
    Littleton won gold!
    Hope this a preview of things to come this fall.

asshat perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007's Avatar
    We'll be seeing a lot more 3 on 3 tournaments in the coming years since its now an olympic sport.

asshat js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes
    This was totally 100% expected and caught no one off guard -

Tasia Foman has transferred to TAMUCC

http://goislanders.com/news/2017/7/4...islanders.aspx

asshat perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? perfectchaos007's Avatar
    We all wish her well.

Quote Originally Posted by perfectchaos007 View Post
    We all wish her well.
    agree

It seems odd that Joyner would be heading overseas if she had academic issues. Seems like Texas would have her in summer school.

asshat Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death's Avatar
    What are the rules on going pro for WNBA? Could she have some issues, say $#@! it, and sit out until next draft? And play for team USA in the meantime?

bunghole txex86 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. txex86 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. txex86 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. txex86 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. txex86 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. txex86 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. txex86 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. txex86 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. txex86 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. txex86 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. txex86 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck of Death View Post
    What are the rules on going pro for WNBA? Could she have some issues, say $#@! it, and sit out until next draft? And play for team USA in the meantime?
    From the WNBA:
    The league requires draft entrants to be at least 22 years old during the year in which the draft takes place and has no remaining college eligibility or renounces any future college eligibility.
    http://www.wnba.com/faq/

asshat js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes js probably preboards planes
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasStrong12 View Post
    It seems odd that Joyner would be heading overseas if she had academic issues. Seems like Texas would have her in summer school.
    How I feel

She'd have to go international until she's draft eligible - like DeShields now (renounced her eligibility too late and has to go international for a year).

I won't believe anything until Texas says something. Seems like they know there are rumors out there (like Rellah not qualifying) and refuse to acknowledge them.

Quote Originally Posted by js View Post
    How I feel

She'd have to go international until she's draft eligible - like DeShields now (renounced her eligibility too late and has to go international for a year).

I won't believe anything until Texas says something. Seems like they know there are rumors out there (like Rellah not qualifying) and refuse to acknowledge them.

Are they (universities) even allowed to discuss recruits before they get on campus?

Quote Originally Posted by Lyin' King View Post
    [/B]

Are they (universities) even allowed to discuss recruits before they get on campus?
    Once they sign their NLI. That's why they always have a press conference to recap signing day and the new class.

She looks okay to me.

JH looks like she's lost some of her bad weight

https://twitter.com/CoachKarenA/stat...177664/photo/1

https://www.usab.com/news-events/new...9-wc-vets.aspx

Joyner and Sug both made the cut. Some quotes from Joyner. She's listed as rising sophomore so I'm taking that to be a good sign.

Texas - 2 players on the U19 team (Sug and Joyner)

Texas - 3 players on to the U23 team (Ariel, Brook, Jatarie White)
    https://www.usab.com/womens/u23/roster.aspx

Texas - 1 commit on the USA 3x3 team (Littleton)

Texas - 1 commit on the 2016 U18 team (Boothe)

Texas - 1 commit on the 2016 U17 team (Sedona Prince)

Texas is all over the USA Teams. Hook 'em.

The U23 games in Tokyo are August 12-15, so our girls probably are just going for trials, but won't make the team due to the Italy trip being the same time. UConn is having the same issue - they have players who are at the U23 trials but the actual games are the same time they also go to Italy.

The U23 games in Tokyo are August 12-15, so our girls probably are just going for trials, but won't make the team due to the Italy trip being the same time. UConn is having the same issue - they have players who are at the U23 trials but the actual games are the same time they also go to Italy.
    I wonder, if they had a choice, which trip they would rather take.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyin' King View Post
    I wonder, if they had a choice, which trip they would rather take.
    You take the Italy trip with your team, every single day. You get meaningful game experience with your new teammates and roles and your own coaches. I care more about how Brooke/Ariel/White learn to play against real opponents in August with Joyner, Littleton, Rellah and Patterson.

Besides, Texas coaches are probably drooling because they get to see White play against real competition 3 months before the season after she had to sit out.

The UConn players have already said in public that they don't mind partaking in the U23 trials but they won't play on the team in Tokyo, as they want to go with their team to Italy.

[QUOTE=js;11083722]You take the Italy trip with your team, every single day. You get meaningful game experience with your new teammates and roles and your own coaches. I care more about how Brooke/Ariel/White learn to play against real opponents in August with Joyner, Littleton, Rellah and Patterson.

Besides, Texas coaches are probably drooling because they get to see White play against real competition 3 months before the season after she had to sit out.

The UConn players have already said in public that they don't mind partaking in the U23 trials but they won't play on the team in Tokyo, as they want to go with their team to Italy.[/QUO

I agree with you. Establishing a bond with your team is important. Besides, if they are good enough, they will get another chance to represent the U.S.A.

http://texassports.com/news/2017/7/1...er-holmes.aspx

Welp, no Joyner next year.

Edit: based on the statement we might get her back in December?

asshat Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death probably preboards planes Duck of Death's Avatar
    Not enrolled? Jesus. WTF happened?

"She will be able to rejoin the team on December 23, 2017."

So she will only miss the non-conference games. Will be back in time for UCONN.
    Last edited by TexasStrong12; 07-15-2017 at 06:15 PM.

There's probably different circumstances here but this seems similar to Chiaka last year. The difference is women's basketball plays a lot of games in the Spring semester, which really helps us in this situation.

Assuming Holmes returns on 12/23 here are the games we will play without her.

Stetson, McNeese State, UTSA, LA Tech, and Northwestern State. 5 easy wins.
    LSU, Washington, Georgia. Very winnable games but probably aren't guaranteed Ws.
    FSU and Tennessee. The toughest 2 games we will play without Joyner. I'm not sure Tennessee is going to be all that good though.

Wow. But her being able to come back by Dec is big

Wow. But her being able to come back by Dec is big
    Yup, as long as she's back in December it's not even that big of a loss. Our non-conference schedule is not that difficult. At worst we should be 9-1 or 8-2 without Joyner.

It's a good chance for Hosey and Boothe to battle it out for the backup 4 spot once Joyner returns.
    Last edited by TexasStrong12; 07-15-2017 at 06:48 PM.

Those 10 games aren't bad. 2 will be tough. Boothe gets to prove herself early. But back by Christmas break and Big 12 is what I care about the most

Better to have her in the 2nd half of the season than the 1st half. I guess the rumors on her were mostly true, but at least we aren't losing her for the entire season like the rumors suggested.

asshat DesertDog2K is a rep whore. DesertDog2K is a rep whore. DesertDog2K is a rep whore. DesertDog2K is a rep whore. DesertDog2K is a rep whore. DesertDog2K is a rep whore. DesertDog2K is a rep whore. DesertDog2K is a rep whore. DesertDog2K is a rep whore. DesertDog2K is a rep whore. DesertDog2K is a rep whore. DesertDog2K's Avatar
    If she did what Chiaka did they're both incredibly dumb. At least she won't miss a whole year.

Can we get Randa Ryan back? As far as I'm concerned she can sell her $200 pillows on the side all she wants because when she was in charge our girls stayed eligible.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertDog2K View Post
    If she did what Chiaka did they're both incredibly dumb. At least she won't miss a whole year.
    We're lucky they play so many games in the Spring semester. Texas played 34 games last year, so Joyner might not even miss 30% of the season.

asshat TULAUS Shaggy Bronze Club TULAUS Shaggy Bronze Club TULAUS Shaggy Bronze Club TULAUS Shaggy Bronze Club TULAUS Shaggy Bronze Club TULAUS Shaggy Bronze Club TULAUS Shaggy Bronze Club TULAUS Shaggy Bronze Club TULAUS Shaggy Bronze Club TULAUS Shaggy Bronze Club TULAUS Shaggy Bronze Club TULAUS's Avatar
    I'm going to take a wild guess that she bought a paper

Quote Originally Posted by TULAUS View Post
    edubirdie .com
    B or Better or its FREE

Quote Originally Posted by TULAUS View Post
    Was definitely some sort of academic violation a la Chiaka, which would put in peril her academic status but not her NCAA eligibility. Also doesn't sound like she was academically ineligible, just made a stupid decision and got caught.

I'm actually really excited to see Boothe get big time minutes in Nov/Dec and then will have the opportunity to be an experienced off-the-bench PF when Joyner returns. Though, knowing Karen, Joyner may come off the bench as punishment for the first 10 games or so.

U19 team defeated Spain 84-72 in an exhibition last night

Sutton: 2-7 (1-2 on threes) for 5 points, 3 assists, 4 turnovers, 1 rebound in 16 minutes
    Holmes: 1-4 for 2 points, 1 rebound, 1 assist in 11 minutes

Crystal Dangerfield (UConn), Chennedy Carter (A&M), Bella Alarie (Princeton), Ruthy Hebard (Oregon), Tyasha Harris (South Carolina) started and our girls came off the bench. Carter ran a good offense for U19 and will for A&M as well (8 assists to 2 turnovers, 10 points, 4 rebounds in 23 minutes)

asshat Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain's Avatar
    Got a 2022 commit today. No #fakenews.

That would be collegiate class of 2022. JAT is class of 2018.

She'll def be rising in the Hoopgurlz rankings as she got offers recently from Baylor, ND, Miss St. and South Carolina. Good pickup for sure.
    Last edited by js; 07-18-2017 at 02:53 PM.

JAT:

She's an athletic do everything guard. Some information and scouting reports:
    •Averaged 20 points a game as a junior.
    •First-team all-district for the three straight seasons.
    •Back-to-back first-team all-state.
    •PremierBasketball: 2018 5’8” Joanne Allen-Taylor displayed explosion off the dribble with a nice ability to rise on her midrange pull-up. Allen-Taylor is a terrific ball handler whose combination of shooting and explosion will make her a very tough cover in the college game.
    •Bluestarmedia: Powder keg-level explosive guard…Showed relentless desire to win in addition to substantial skill set…Deep three-point range off catch-and-shootCan pull off bounce and behind ball screen…Midrange is there as well…Three-ball release could use technique consistency…Has ability to slide to the point and pass up floor in transition offense…Ivy League academic interest.
    Will probably split at the 2/3 guard spot with Destiny and Chastity when she gets here after Ariel and Brooke are gone. Sug slides to point (backup is Patterson), Patterson at the 2 and Destiny at the 3 with JAT behind both.

Haven't seen a box score yet but Sug had 10 points, 8 boards and Joyner had 8 points and 9 boards to lead USA to an exhibition win over Italy 62-36

Haven't seen a box score yet but Sug had 10 points, 8 boards and Joyner had 8 points and 9 boards to lead USA to an exhibition win over Italy 62-36
    That's a much better stat line for Joyner than the first game.

fucktard daz is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? daz is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? daz is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares?
    Quote Originally Posted by Legacy of Kain View Post
    Got a 2022 commit today. No #fakenews.
    Coach Aston is doing a great job. An to think some of you didn't think Chris Plonsky made the right decision when she hired Aston. The Wbb program is the most important program in the women's athletic department. And with the program being in a position to be top ten for years to come many of you on this board won't be getting to see their wish of Plonsky getting fired by the president any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by daz View Post
    Coach Aston is doing a great job. An to think some of you didn't think Chris Plonsky made the right decision when she hired Aston. The Wbb program is the most important program in the women's athletic department. And with the program being in a position to be top ten for years to come many of you on this board won't be getting to see their wish of Plonsky getting fired by the president any time soon.
    I would think they are tied with volleyball for that honor.

Plonsky has legitimately $#@!ed up. She didn't $#@! up the Aston hire. Jody told her to do it and she did it.

That would be collegiate class of 2022. JAT is class of 2018.

She'll def be rising in the Hoopgurlz rankings as she got offers recently from Baylor, ND, Miss St. and South Carolina. Good pickup for sure.
    Yeah, she's probably going to end up ranked really high in the recruiting rankings. She was deciding between Texas, Baylor, ND, South Carolina and Miss. State today. That's an offer list of a top 30 type recruit.
    Last edited by TexasStrong12; 07-18-2017 at 10:50 PM.

Welcome to shaggy, coach Conradt.

Welcome to shaggy, coach Conradt.
    I don't think it's Coach. I think it's some Bellmont minion patrolling the boards.

Thank Plonsky for Aston!
    Plonsky made the right call on Angela Kelly!
    Clark has brought softball to its max, no one could ever top what she has done!

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2