+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: any aquarium homies out there?

I've got a really silly question for ya'll tank experts. We've got a basic 20 gallon freshwater tank that the kids have a dozen or so fish in. Nothing special. Seems like there's always debris and fish $#@! on the bottom and I'm constantly sucking that stuff out to make the tank look half way decent. Most of the pictures posted here have very clean bottoms. My question is whether there's an easier way to deal with all this fish $#@! than breaking out the siphon and sucking it out. I'd imagine that would majorly suck in a big salt water tank. There's got to be an easier way.

thanks obama jt Definitely Shaggy upper class jt Definitely Shaggy upper class jt Definitely Shaggy upper class jt Definitely Shaggy upper class jt Definitely Shaggy upper class jt Definitely Shaggy upper class jt Definitely Shaggy upper class jt Definitely Shaggy upper class jt Definitely Shaggy upper class jt Definitely Shaggy upper class jt Definitely Shaggy upper class jt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fillmore Slim View Post
    Is there a saltwater fish, preferably a big one, that I could put in a big tank and then feed it live stuff? Like go out and buy smaller cheap fish as food for this monster fish I have? Does such a fish exist?
    sharks

thanks obama jt Definitely Shaggy upper class jt Definitely Shaggy upper class jt Definitely Shaggy upper class jt Definitely Shaggy upper class jt Definitely Shaggy upper class jt Definitely Shaggy upper class jt Definitely Shaggy upper class jt Definitely Shaggy upper class jt Definitely Shaggy upper class jt Definitely Shaggy upper class jt Definitely Shaggy upper class jt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonHorn93 View Post
    I've got a really silly question for ya'll tank experts. We've got a basic 20 gallon freshwater tank that the kids have a dozen or so fish in. Nothing special. Seems like there's always debris and fish $#@! on the bottom and I'm constantly sucking that stuff out to make the tank look half way decent. Most of the pictures posted here have very clean bottoms. My question is whether there's an easier way to deal with all this fish $#@! than breaking out the siphon and sucking it out. I'd imagine that would majorly suck in a big salt water tank. There's got to be an easier way.
    not sure how to specifically deal w/ it in a freshwater tank, but the way you deal w/ it in a marine tank is to have a clean up crew - snails, crabs and shrimp that feed on detritus. i also ALWAYS keep a sand sifter in the tank, usually a diamond goby. they eat by scooping up mouthfuls of sand and sifting it out through their gills. i'm missing one right now, as i've got a bristle worm issue, and they killed my last sifter - that's why i bought the 6-line wrasse that got stuck in the overflow, to eat the bristle worms. i'll give him another week or so to do work and then go buy another goby to keep that sand clean.

i would look at finding some bottom feeders that will do the work for you. i'd look at getting a plecostomus or catfish that will break up the detritus, but i don't know that they eat it. catfish might. best thing to do is ask the person at the local fish store (not petco/petsmart - a good local spot run by hobbyists).

asshat Mother Mopar has a gigantic e-peen. Mother Mopar has a gigantic e-peen. Mother Mopar has a gigantic e-peen. Mother Mopar has a gigantic e-peen. Mother Mopar has a gigantic e-peen. Mother Mopar has a gigantic e-peen. Mother Mopar has a gigantic e-peen. Mother Mopar has a gigantic e-peen. Mother Mopar has a gigantic e-peen. Mother Mopar has a gigantic e-peen. Mother Mopar has a gigantic e-peen. Mother Mopar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonHorn93 View Post
    Catfish and clown loaches will help clean the bottom as they are bottom feeders. In my experience with freshwater it is harder to get that "clean" look without using a gravel or such to mask the color of fish crap. Saltwater is easier in that sense if you have a good mix in your clean up crew Snails,shrimp, starfish etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Fillmore Slim View Post
    Is there a saltwater fish, preferably a big one, that I could put in a big tank and then feed it live stuff? Like go out and buy smaller cheap fish as food for this monster fish I have? Does such a fish exist?
    Lionfish, snowflake eels, and certain triggers (they will devour shrimp/crabs.) What kind of tank do you have, FOLWR,Reef? What size is your tank? Bigger the fish bigger the aquarium needed for support.

asshat texdude2006 is a rep whore. texdude2006 is a rep whore. texdude2006 is a rep whore. texdude2006 is a rep whore. texdude2006 is a rep whore. texdude2006 is a rep whore. texdude2006 is a rep whore. texdude2006 is a rep whore. texdude2006 is a rep whore. texdude2006 is a rep whore. texdude2006 is a rep whore. texdude2006's Avatar
    Kind of a necrobump here, but I just decommissioned my 10 gallon freshwater today. Not a fancy setup and its not exactly clean, but it has a working filter and hood that needs some new bulbs. Also have a goldfish bowl and 2 replacement filters along with some water de-chlorinator. Have a fake glow in the dark plant and some roman pillars for decoration too.

Anybody want this stuff? I have no interest if having a tank anymore (got a pup in March and don't have time for it). My fish died today and I figured I would shut it down.

Will sell all this $#@! for $40 (OBO) or some beer:

10 Gallon tank with no leaks.
    Hood that works but needs bulbs
    Filter with 2 replacement cartridges
    1 Gallon fish bowl
    Roman Pillars decoration
    Fluorescent glow in the dark plant
    Water conditioner/dechlorinator

I can take pics if necessary, but its really nothing special. Just thought some of you guys might be interested in some extra stuff for cheap.

asshat UofTOrange is a rep whore. UofTOrange is a rep whore. UofTOrange is a rep whore. UofTOrange is a rep whore. UofTOrange is a rep whore. UofTOrange is a rep whore. UofTOrange is a rep whore. UofTOrange is a rep whore. UofTOrange is a rep whore. UofTOrange is a rep whore. UofTOrange is a rep whore. UofTOrange's Avatar
    Necro Bump

Here's my 28g JBJ Nano Cube CF Quad
    Phosban 150, Aqua-C Remora Skimmer, and JBJ Automatic Top Off Unit

Livestock:
    2 Oscellaris Clowns, Mated pair
    1 Cardinalfish
    Bunch of snails and hermits, probably 8-10 of each

Other:
    25lbs of live rock
    20lbs live sand
    Red Montipora
    Yellow Colony Polyps
    Mardi Gras Zoas
    Blue Eyed Zoas
    Pulsating Xenia
    Candy Cane Coral

Full Tank Shot

Set up on the stand

Remora and 2LF Phosban 150

Open Top of Tank

Left Side of Tank

asshat UofTOrange is a rep whore. UofTOrange is a rep whore. UofTOrange is a rep whore. UofTOrange is a rep whore. UofTOrange is a rep whore. UofTOrange is a rep whore. UofTOrange is a rep whore. UofTOrange is a rep whore. UofTOrange is a rep whore. UofTOrange is a rep whore. UofTOrange is a rep whore. UofTOrange's Avatar
    Candy Cane

Yellow Colony Polyps

Just glued Zoas

Red Monti caps

asshat jose_medina_de_jesus grows his own roses jose_medina_de_jesus grows his own roses jose_medina_de_jesus grows his own roses jose_medina_de_jesus grows his own roses jose_medina_de_jesus grows his own roses jose_medina_de_jesus grows his own roses jose_medina_de_jesus grows his own roses jose_medina_de_jesus grows his own roses jose_medina_de_jesus grows his own roses jose_medina_de_jesus grows his own roses jose_medina_de_jesus grows his own roses jose_medina_de_jesus's Avatar
    6 months from now you are gonna hate those yellow polyps.

Quote Originally Posted by jose_medina_de_jesus View Post
    6 months from now you are gonna hate those yellow polyps.
    I'll do my best to keep it under control, but I like them and they have their own rock, we'll see what they do

nice work man! keep posting pics - want to see what that looks like in 6mos/1yr.

Quote Originally Posted by jt View Post
    nice work man! keep posting pics - want to see what that looks like in 6mos/1yr.
    Haven't seen your tank in a while, how's it holding up?

been going strong for a while, but nothing new in there. i've been paying more attention to sump levels (my skimmer is a hanger on the sump, so if it's low there's no skimming) and keeping my return pump filter (sponge over intake) clean so that flow is higher. all that seems to be keeping the tank cleaner and the fish happier. still have more green algae than i'd like and i can't seem to squash that w/ what i have right now. really want a separate refugium w/ macroalgae, but time/money/space is preventing that right now.

asshat handcruser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? handcruser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? handcruser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? handcruser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? handcruser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? handcruser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? handcruser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? handcruser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? handcruser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? handcruser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? handcruser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? handcruser's Avatar
    SO, in our complex there is a little company that does aquarium $#@!.

I almost shot one of the guys last summer. He came at me with a pipe.

Cops came. Would have been clean. Guy avoids me now.

/csb
    Last edited by handcruser; 04-17-2012 at 09:34 AM.

asshat jose_medina_de_jesus grows his own roses jose_medina_de_jesus grows his own roses jose_medina_de_jesus grows his own roses jose_medina_de_jesus grows his own roses jose_medina_de_jesus grows his own roses jose_medina_de_jesus grows his own roses jose_medina_de_jesus grows his own roses jose_medina_de_jesus grows his own roses jose_medina_de_jesus grows his own roses jose_medina_de_jesus grows his own roses jose_medina_de_jesus grows his own roses jose_medina_de_jesus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UofTOrange View Post
    I'll do my best to keep it under control, but I like them and they have their own rock, we'll see what they do
    I started peeling them off of rocks and glass to give to friends, then started giving them to aquadome, then it got to the point where I would just flip rocks over to kill them, it never worked.
    finally I gave them all away, or at least thought I did. bastards are like bachelor cabbage. you think they are eradicated, then a month later you see a yellow polyp sticking out of a rock.....

keep them isolated for sure

also, what happened to true yellow polyps? I haven't seen one in years. everything available, at least that I have crossed paths with, has a brownish hue to it. I do love the vibrant yellow polyps though.

also look at sun polyps. have to be kept in the shade during the day, love good moon lights, and they flourish when hand fed chum about 30 minutes after the halides go out and the leds come on.

they look like this at night:

and like this during the day:

supposedly you can train them to come out during the day, at least for feeding ( fed mine a chum that consisted of minced raw shrimp, squid, and tuna. they loved it) I never had any luck getting them to open during the day though.
    Last edited by jose_medina_de_jesus; 04-17-2012 at 09:49 AM.

I actually have some pulsating Xenia in there as well, I'm probably asking for it even more from that

Quote Originally Posted by UofTOrange View Post
    I actually have some pulsating Xenia in there as well, I'm probably asking for it even more from that
    yep, but I like xenia. I large field of them swaying where power head streams converge looks incredible.

$#@!, I sold my 63 gal custom set up with a 25 gallon refugium and about 9 watts of light per gallon rig for 2 g's last year with all of the live stock and equipment.
    this thread makes me want to start again....

asshat Austinvines Shaggy Bronze Club Austinvines Shaggy Bronze Club Austinvines Shaggy Bronze Club Austinvines Shaggy Bronze Club Austinvines Shaggy Bronze Club Austinvines Shaggy Bronze Club Austinvines Shaggy Bronze Club Austinvines Shaggy Bronze Club Austinvines Shaggy Bronze Club Austinvines Shaggy Bronze Club Austinvines Shaggy Bronze Club Austinvines's Avatar
    yep, but I like xenia. I large field of them swaying where power head streams converge looks incredible.

$#@!, I sold my 63 gal custom set up with a 25 gallon refugium and about 9 watts of light per gallon rig for 2 g's last year with all of the live stock and equipment.
    this thread makes me want to start again....
    Want a 75 reef with a T5/VHO set up? Tunze nano streams, nano wave box, Eheim main and a bunch of other $#@!?

no god damn it! no

asshat Austinvines Shaggy Bronze Club Austinvines Shaggy Bronze Club Austinvines Shaggy Bronze Club Austinvines Shaggy Bronze Club Austinvines Shaggy Bronze Club Austinvines Shaggy Bronze Club Austinvines Shaggy Bronze Club Austinvines Shaggy Bronze Club Austinvines Shaggy Bronze Club Austinvines Shaggy Bronze Club Austinvines Shaggy Bronze Club Austinvines's Avatar
    You know I got what you need! Over a hundred pounds of live rock, Elos test kits, 1 or 2 mag 7 pumps for top off water. A 5 chamber RODI system. 8 jugs. Come on, man, you know you gots to have it.

god damn you, I actually kind of miss the days of showing up at aquadome Wednesday morning to see what just shipped in. as well as the constant tinkering with power heads, pumps, lighting, additives, hand made chum, trying to decide if bristle worms are good or bad, trying to figure out why my blennies always died.

but, regretfully I must decline. there is no sense of ownership in something I havent done myself

asshat Mother Mopar has a gigantic e-peen. Mother Mopar has a gigantic e-peen. Mother Mopar has a gigantic e-peen. Mother Mopar has a gigantic e-peen. Mother Mopar has a gigantic e-peen. Mother Mopar has a gigantic e-peen. Mother Mopar has a gigantic e-peen. Mother Mopar has a gigantic e-peen. Mother Mopar has a gigantic e-peen. Mother Mopar has a gigantic e-peen. Mother Mopar has a gigantic e-peen. Mother Mopar's Avatar
    Damn you guys! I have been out of the hobby for a yr or so and am itching to get back into it. Your pix aren't helping me supress the urge. The easiest way I found to get rid of yellow polyps was boiling water. I use a turkey baster, suck up the water and shoot away. If anyway finds a good deal on a big tank (180g-220g)and stand set-up please let me know. Keep the pix coming, love the candy cane coral.

unfortunately, my kick ass mandarin goby kicked the bucket a couple of weeks ago. i found him in the clutches of the tank ruhtard, my hermit crab, while he was happily digging into empty eye sockets.

his replacement is a fun little guy...who has electric lips. the guy at aquadome said he'd never seen a flame scallop like this one. this guy has electric pulses along his mouth! check it out:

wtf jt in all my years in this hobby i havent even heard of a flame with electic pulses.

that bitch at aquadome................. i wanna $#@!ing choke her.

Mandarin's are so cool. I tried one in my 90g and even with a healthy tank full of pods it didn't make it, they're amazingly pretty. I'm digging the flame scallop man.

asshat OklahomaHorn60 Shaggy Bronze Club OklahomaHorn60 Shaggy Bronze Club OklahomaHorn60 Shaggy Bronze Club OklahomaHorn60 Shaggy Bronze Club OklahomaHorn60 Shaggy Bronze Club OklahomaHorn60 Shaggy Bronze Club OklahomaHorn60 Shaggy Bronze Club OklahomaHorn60 Shaggy Bronze Club OklahomaHorn60 Shaggy Bronze Club OklahomaHorn60 Shaggy Bronze Club OklahomaHorn60 Shaggy Bronze Club OklahomaHorn60's Avatar
    I've got a 200 gal fresh water setup. Just lost my last Oscar :(. I think I'm going to go salt with it now. Although i might just drive down the highway and throw thousands of dollars out my window. Same thing.

that bitch at aquadome................. i wanna $#@!ing choke her.
    she sucks balls. the old man is awesome filling my water jugs and the younger bearded dude is fairly helpful most of the time. for someone who has been a regular patron for 3+ years, they don't really acknowledge you as such. kind of a downer, given the time/money i spend there.

wtf jt in all my years in this hobby i havent even heard of a flame with electic pulses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mother Mopar View Post
    I'm digging the flame scallop man.
    thanks! he's pretty kick ass so far, even if he is hiding on the far side of the tank. at least he's moved to the easiest viewing corner for now. he's supposed to eat phytoplankton, so i'm feeding it pretty regularly, but that's what featherdusters eat and mine didn't last a month (and i've probably killed a clean dozen featherdusters over my years:( )

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Mopar View Post
    Mandarin's are so cool. I tried one in my 90g and even with a healthy tank full of pods it didn't make it, they're amazingly pretty.
    this guy had been going along strong and the tank is ~10 years in this location and configuration - it's got plenty of pods. really bummed he's gone. i'll definitely be looking for another one. super pretty fish.

here's my tank right now:

coral banded shrimp

big dummy hermit crab

conch on the back rock and purple pseudochromis head on

best profile i could get of the purple pseudochromis

diamond goby

6 line wrasse and clown

Nice pix!

asshat spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class
    Any of you kids watch that show "Tanked" on Animal Planet? The two guys are a $#@!ing beating, but they build some badass $#@!.

i remember when they first debuted the show, but i'm not sure how i missed it this whole time. thanks for the heads up - just set the dvr for next saturday.

alright, this thread has inspired me again. starting in about 1.5 months i am going to start a build from the ground up. very slowly, very slowly.
    if any of you are interested, i will document it from the firrst day throughout completion. as we all know, these things are never completed. i will go with tried and true methods as well as take on some newer ideas in the hobby. if there is anything you would like to see me try let me know.

sweet! look forward to following the build jmdj!

alright, this thread has inspired me again. starting in about 1.5 months i am going to start a build from the ground up. very slowly, very slowly.
    if any of you are interested, i will document it from the firrst day throughout completion. as we all know, these things are never completed. i will go with tried and true methods as well as take on some newer ideas in the hobby. if there is anything you would like to see me try let me know.
    Looking fwd to the build bro. How big of a tank, reef or FOWLR?

reef, minimal on the fish more than likely. going to do about 120 gallons 2' x 2' x 4'. will build my own tank. either plywood with an acrylic face or all acrylic. some things i want to try this time around are home made base rock then seeded with live rock. might try a home built skimmer as well. the last time i did it, i bought everything. this time i am going to build every thing i can. i think i may give some of the garf.org theories a go as well, adding a plenum to the sump and tank as well as othe biological filtration methods. mangroves in the sump.
    Last edited by jose_medina_de_jesus; 05-13-2012 at 09:18 PM.

holy $#@!. i'm like a kid in a candy store here! this is like 6 killer reefcental threads in one. we we we so excited!

well, I am gonna start things a little sooner than I had planned. Kinda. I am definitely going to do my own base rock, these take time to cure, and leech out all of the bad $#@! in concrete. I would love to have the base rock ready to drop in when the tank is finished. I also like the idea of making my own base rock because it gives me tons of control over shapes, shelves, caves, arches. I can get as $#@!ing silly as I want.
    Last edited by jose_medina_de_jesus; 05-13-2012 at 10:32 PM.

Oh, JT, I went back and looked at your setup. It is $#@!ing Identical to the first reef setup I did. I am gonna try and help you with the green algae issue (if you still have it) I had the same problem with that setup. I was using a coralife 65x 2 fixture, and the prism skimmer as it came out of the box. I went ahead and added more light, a JBJ K-2 Viper MH 70 watts. then disassembled my sump. then rebuilt it using a plenum instead of a deep sand bed. then I added an extra chamber to the sump to use as a refugium and added as much LR rubble and Macro algae as I could. shortened my light cycles by about an hour a day, and put UV filtering window tint on the window that shined right on the tank all $#@!ing day. green algae and diatom problem solved.

anybody who is thinking about starting this, ! word of advice. The prizm hob skimmer. it works...ish. It is a device of constant tinkering. Loses its prime all the $#@!ing time. I like a dryer skimmate, and there was a problem getting it with this skimmer. the little valve at the intake tube, anything under 35% open and I couldn't even get a protein skim off of it. anything over 35% open, and I was cleaning the collection cup every other day. also, it was $#@!ing loud for such a small skimmer.

I also know that some people have had GREAT success with that model. JT looks to be one of them.

couple of thoughts on that:

1) i'd love to add more lighting. i'm using the standard issue single-light hood w/ a nicer bulb, but it's nothing like what i really want. i keep seeing lighting come down in pricing, but i just haven't made the jump. of course, i keep thinking i'll get a bigger tank and should invest the money there, not in this one. i think that is a common aquarium dilemma!

2) i'd love to have a plexiglass sump and separate refugium for macro, mangroves and a dsb.

3) i'd love to have a uv filter and a top flight skimmer. you are exactly right about the prizm losing it's prime, especially because of the changing water levels in the sump. it's a whip and i can't wait until i have a new one. i think it would work pretty well on the back of the tank, but i don't want it out in the open. the point about too dry or too wet is spot on as well. i usually set it to too wet because it gets drier, not wetter before i go back to check on it - never had it fill up on me.

i might need to make a commitment to build my own diy plexi sump. that would be the beginning of solving a LOT of my issues/things i really want to do. mostly i want a real reef tank.

jose - can you explain what a plenum is? i've read about them some on reefcentral, and i know there is a debate in the community re: plenum vs dsb. but i don't really know what a plenum is or the differences/advantages it has over a dsb.

I can try, deep sand bed allows for more nitrate dissolving bacteria to live than what a shallow bed will allow. a plenum, is a barier that lifts your sand bud up off of the bottom of the tank to allow for a dead space under the sand that supposedly allows for even more beneficial bacteria than does a DSB. my thought on it is to have a plenum up in the display tank with a shallow sand bed. and a plenum in the sump/refuge with a deep sand bed on top of that. I suppose that trying certainly wont hurt my cause. It can only make no difference or give me positive gains. Look at Garf.org for a more complex look at what they are and exactly how they work.

flame scallop is moving all over the tank. he's all up in my starfish's $#@! right now.

Quote Originally Posted by jt View Post
    flame scallop is moving all over the tank. he's all up in my starfish's $#@! right now.

Do they move around the tank until they find the right light, flow etc like RBTA's?

the lfs guy told me he would move around til he found some place he liked, but said flow didn't rally matter. so far, he hasn't stayed anywhere w/ light at all. always in the shade. not sure how he moves because i haven't seen it happen, but right now he's halfway up the tank on the underside of some rocks.

he will open up and suck watrr into a valve. then close his shell about 75% that forces the valve to compress providing is own natural brand of jet propulsion. he does it at a pretty quick rate. he is most of the time going to end up somewherr you dont want him. wedging himself in beteween rocks. i have nevrr seen one take to a well lit area of a tank.

he is most of the time going to end up somewherr you dont want him.
    yeah, he's definitely not a showoff. little bastard has found the absolutely most hidden spot in the tank.

better pic of the conch. this $#@!er DOES WORK on algae. i wish i had 4 or 5 of them!

Is that Green hair algae? Phosphate reactor will take care of that problem with the quickness man. I used that and a few emerald crabs and that stuff was gone in less then a month.

for some reason, i can't keep emeralds alive. had probably 20 over the years and they will last maybe a year and then die. if you look at the pic of the starfish/scallop, that's a emerald shell in the foreground. for now, i'm just relying on that conch and regular cleanings. i need some more algae eating critters. any suggestions?

What kind of algae or you looking at getting rid of or just wanting the average detrius/clean up crew? I had bubble algae once and as soon as I started running that phosphate reactor it was gone in wks. That reactor is the best way of keepign algae from forming after you find the source of the algae. Algae feeds on phosphates in the water. What is your reading now if you know? Do you use tap water? What is the TDS (total dissolved sediment) reading in the water you are using?

i'm not adding any hardware until i overhaul my whole system, and when i do that, i'll go w/ a macroalgae refugium over hardware.

i top off w/ tap, water changes w/ storebought (i would hope that is rodi). i haven't done a test in probably 10 years. every now and then i take a sample in to the store when i do a change just to check, but once your tank is stable, it's stable unless something drastic happens.

i've had bubble algae in the past, and it was a bitch to get rid of (took all the rock out and pried every damn bubble off one by one), but i haven't seen any in years. just basic hair algae.

Makes sense on no huge additions until the overhaul. I'm no expert by any means but I would assume your top off water is the cause, depending on you evap rate, tank size, lights blah..blah..blah. I had good luck with blue and scarlet leg hermits in my CUC's only issue I had was them killing each other for the shells. I had to buy extra shells and crabs. I used Nassirus (s/p?) snails due my sand bed and a few peppermint shrimps, hermits, and A Sally Lightfoot crab and 4-5 emeralds in my 90G and a serpent star and was very pleased.

I can't recall where online I ordered the CUC from but it was from a place in Vero Beach,FL. The reason I chose them was the overnite shipping was $19.95 from there to Seattle where I lived at the time and that was by far the cheapest s/h. Not to mention if you were a repeat customer they gave you "freebies" Hell I'm all about anything free in the salt water business.
    Last edited by Mother Mopar; 05-20-2012 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Salt life

what's a cuc?

Here's a few pix of my CUC

You can see GHA in my tank on the white rock.

Word of wisdom stay away from the Sally Lightfoot crabs...damn things are very aggressive.

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast