Closed Thread
Page 1 of 93 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: John Mueller's 2010 Austin BBQ Plans

asshat Traffic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Traffic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Traffic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Traffic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Traffic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Traffic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Traffic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Traffic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Traffic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Traffic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Traffic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Traffic's Avatar

John Mueller's 2010 Austin BBQ Plans

Interesting

Monday, January 4, 2010
    A Teaser Email from John Mueller, of Barbecue Fame

posted by Pat Sharpe at 12:23 PM

The most intriguing email of the last week came to us from John Mueller (yes, one of those Muellers, as in the barbecue dynasty of Central Texas).

It said, in its entirety: “Have a very Happy New Year. Look for John Mueller BBQ in the very early 2010 in some form. Taking it to the streets and using Joe Nick’s advice of 1 brisket at a time.–Have a great day–John Mueller.”

So, I emailed John with a few questions and just heard back. He says: “Yes [the new operation] will be in Austin. I’m taking this slowly to ensure a successful comeback. My first plan is to vend in local clubs so I can reestablish my reputation and confidence. I will be looking for the exact right opportunity for a building.”

(”Joe Nick” refers to Texas writer Joe Nick Patoski, a noted barbecue expert.)
    A link.

I had some great meals at John Mueller's, but the last couple of times I went the quality was terrible.

bunghole ftf82 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ftf82 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ftf82 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ftf82 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ftf82 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ftf82 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ftf82 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ftf82 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ftf82 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ftf82 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ftf82 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night.
    Where's this Franklin BBQ he's talking about?

"reestablishing confidence" sounds retarded with respect to smoking narbecue.

ugh, sounds like he's adopting the trailer concept.

asshat NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA's Avatar
    he was the muellers over on manor right?

asshat TPCJ007 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TPCJ007 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TPCJ007 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TPCJ007 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TPCJ007 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TPCJ007 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TPCJ007 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TPCJ007 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TPCJ007 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TPCJ007 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TPCJ007 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TPCJ007's Avatar
    I remember him having problems with his business skills, not his BBQ skills.

asshat Traffic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Traffic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Traffic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Traffic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Traffic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Traffic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Traffic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Traffic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Traffic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Traffic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Traffic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Traffic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NOMAAA
    Yes.

It might be fair to say that when he was on, he produced the best barbecue Austin-proper has ever been served. Got it pretty close to what they do in Lockhart and Taylor, I think.

asshat NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA's Avatar
    the handful of times i went there in 03-04 it was great.

asshat 5280 Probably Shaggy upper class 5280 Probably Shaggy upper class 5280 Probably Shaggy upper class 5280 Probably Shaggy upper class 5280 Probably Shaggy upper class 5280 Probably Shaggy upper class 5280 Probably Shaggy upper class 5280 Probably Shaggy upper class 5280 Probably Shaggy upper class 5280 Probably Shaggy upper class 5280 Probably Shaggy upper class
    the manor place in 05 was really blah to me

asshat Ankf00 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Ankf00 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Ankf00 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Ankf00 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Ankf00 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Ankf00 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Ankf00 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Ankf00 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Ankf00 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Ankf00 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Ankf00 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Ankf00's Avatar
    Sounds like bbq truck.

Quote Originally Posted by John Galt
    34th and I-35

http://www.franklinbarbecue.com/

asshat NCAAFBALLROX Probably Shaggy upper class NCAAFBALLROX Probably Shaggy upper class NCAAFBALLROX Probably Shaggy upper class NCAAFBALLROX Probably Shaggy upper class NCAAFBALLROX Probably Shaggy upper class NCAAFBALLROX Probably Shaggy upper class NCAAFBALLROX Probably Shaggy upper class NCAAFBALLROX Probably Shaggy upper class NCAAFBALLROX Probably Shaggy upper class NCAAFBALLROX Probably Shaggy upper class NCAAFBALLROX Probably Shaggy upper class NCAAFBALLROX's Avatar
    Jesus built my car. Its a love affair. Mainly Jesus and my hot rod.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOMAAA
    Quote Originally Posted by TPCJ007
    I remember him having problems with his business skills, not his BBQ skills.
    Yes & yes.

Then again, I can't 100% speak to the 2nd one as he's never owed me any money. It's just what I've heard.

I do think he knows his Q skills are renown & he can build from this.

But I also agree with Scottsins re: "confidence". What's up with that?

asshat HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tres Leches
    Ate there on Sunday. It was pretty good.

asshat Snow Dog might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snow Dog might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snow Dog might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snow Dog might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snow Dog might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snow Dog might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snow Dog might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snow Dog might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snow Dog might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snow Dog might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snow Dog might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snow Dog's Avatar
    Somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tres Leches
    Tempeh Frito Pie?

Goddamn hippies.

asshat BearLakeHorn Shaggy Bronze Club BearLakeHorn Shaggy Bronze Club BearLakeHorn Shaggy Bronze Club BearLakeHorn Shaggy Bronze Club BearLakeHorn Shaggy Bronze Club BearLakeHorn Shaggy Bronze Club BearLakeHorn Shaggy Bronze Club BearLakeHorn Shaggy Bronze Club BearLakeHorn Shaggy Bronze Club BearLakeHorn Shaggy Bronze Club BearLakeHorn Shaggy Bronze Club BearLakeHorn's Avatar
    i went to the muellers' off manor many many many times.

i had basically everything on the menu. brisket, beef ribs, pork ribs, t-bone (yeah he did that a few times), pork chop.

i thought his pork chop was better than the big chop at coopers.

but he had a surly attitude to say the least and i think he struggled to make money. it's hard to do bbq and make money....

bunghole Spry slams and goes hard. Spry slams and goes hard. Spry slams and goes hard. Spry slams and goes hard. Spry slams and goes hard. Spry slams and goes hard. Spry slams and goes hard. Spry slams and goes hard. Spry slams and goes hard. Spry slams and goes hard. Spry slams and goes hard. Spry's Avatar
    but he had a surly attitude to say the least
    That's the vibe I got from him, too. Reminded me of the soup nazi. I really liked the place and miss it since there isn't any decent narbeque close for lunch.

asshat BearLakeHorn Shaggy Bronze Club BearLakeHorn Shaggy Bronze Club BearLakeHorn Shaggy Bronze Club BearLakeHorn Shaggy Bronze Club BearLakeHorn Shaggy Bronze Club BearLakeHorn Shaggy Bronze Club BearLakeHorn Shaggy Bronze Club BearLakeHorn Shaggy Bronze Club BearLakeHorn Shaggy Bronze Club BearLakeHorn Shaggy Bronze Club BearLakeHorn Shaggy Bronze Club BearLakeHorn's Avatar
    he was the soup nazi. i would usually eat outside b/c if i ate inside i reaked of smoke. that's ok every once in a while but not if i have to head back to the office.

Quote Originally Posted by Spry
    but he had a surly attitude to say the least
    That's the vibe I got from him, too. Reminded me of the soup nazi. I really liked the place and miss it since there isn't any decent narbeque close for lunch.
    Is this a different guy than the one who works at the Taylor location now, because he meets that description.

bunghole Spry slams and goes hard. Spry slams and goes hard. Spry slams and goes hard. Spry slams and goes hard. Spry slams and goes hard. Spry slams and goes hard. Spry slams and goes hard. Spry slams and goes hard. Spry slams and goes hard. Spry slams and goes hard. Spry slams and goes hard. Spry's Avatar
    Is this a different guy than the one who works at the Taylor location now, because he meets that description.
    I'm sure it's a different guy, but I haven't been out to Taylor in forever. Probably a family trait.

I, for one, would celebrate John Mueller reopening in Austin. When you live in a city surrounded by maybe the four or five greatest barbecue restaurants in the world and the best you can get in town is Rudy's, something is $#@!ed up.

asshat Jack Straw probably preboards planes Jack Straw probably preboards planes Jack Straw probably preboards planes Jack Straw probably preboards planes Jack Straw probably preboards planes Jack Straw probably preboards planes Jack Straw probably preboards planes Jack Straw probably preboards planes Jack Straw probably preboards planes Jack Straw probably preboards planes Jack Straw probably preboards planes Jack Straw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scottsins
    that's not him but neverthless i don't appreciate that guy hurting my feelings

oldfart Armybrat Definitely Shaggy upper class Armybrat Definitely Shaggy upper class Armybrat Definitely Shaggy upper class Armybrat Definitely Shaggy upper class Armybrat Definitely Shaggy upper class Armybrat Definitely Shaggy upper class Armybrat Definitely Shaggy upper class Armybrat Definitely Shaggy upper class Armybrat Definitely Shaggy upper class Armybrat Definitely Shaggy upper class Armybrat Definitely Shaggy upper class Armybrat's Avatar
    Bobby Mueller's widow Trish and her other son Wayne are running the old place in Taylor.

asshat Blain probably preboards planes Blain probably preboards planes Blain probably preboards planes Blain probably preboards planes Blain probably preboards planes Blain probably preboards planes Blain probably preboards planes Blain probably preboards planes Blain probably preboards planes Blain probably preboards planes Blain probably preboards planes Blain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Straw
    that's not him but neverthless i don't appreciate that guy hurting my feelings

Quote Originally Posted by John Galt
    Daniel Vaughn, the guy made that comment that you are referring to, is the author of this blog:

http://www.fullcustomgospelbbq.com/

He's knowledgeable on the ins and outs of barbecue.

Chieftain of Aggression Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan's Avatar
    1 -- I would celebrate this development. His old place had the best cue in the city, by far. The brisket was perfect, and when the beef short rib was the daily special . . . hobida shibida. I was quite saddened by the fact that he was a lousy bidnessman.

2 -- Sounds like we need to try this Franklin BBQ place. Posthaste.

asshat j.e.s.-U.S. is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? j.e.s.-U.S. is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? j.e.s.-U.S. is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? j.e.s.-U.S. is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? j.e.s.-U.S. is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? j.e.s.-U.S. is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? j.e.s.-U.S. is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? j.e.s.-U.S. is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? j.e.s.-U.S. is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? j.e.s.-U.S. is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? j.e.s.-U.S. is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? j.e.s.-U.S.'s Avatar
    Good luck to him, it was nice to be able to grab some good q for lunch.

asshat Gourmand might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Gourmand might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Gourmand might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Gourmand might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Gourmand might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Gourmand might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Gourmand might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Gourmand might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Gourmand might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Gourmand might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Gourmand might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Gourmand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brisketexan

2 -- Sounds like we need to try this Franklin BBQ place. Posthaste.
    Yes, you do. Aaron Franklin FTMFW.

asshat 406W30th Shaggy Bronze Club 406W30th Shaggy Bronze Club 406W30th Shaggy Bronze Club 406W30th Shaggy Bronze Club 406W30th Shaggy Bronze Club 406W30th Shaggy Bronze Club 406W30th Shaggy Bronze Club 406W30th Shaggy Bronze Club 406W30th Shaggy Bronze Club 406W30th Shaggy Bronze Club 406W30th Shaggy Bronze Club 406W30th's Avatar
    Loved me some John Mueller's BBQ. The "moist" brisket was $#@!ing heaven.

bunghole Horn21 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Horn21 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Horn21 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Horn21 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Horn21 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Horn21 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Horn21 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Horn21 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Horn21 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Horn21 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Horn21 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge?
    Bumping this because I'm wondering if and when this may actually happen. I'm headed to the "Up in Smoke" event that closes out the IACP conference tonight at Boggy Creek and John seems to be the headliner for the event. Jesse Griffiths of Dai Due (who happens to be a complete and total badass) is also putting out a whole hog for tonight.

There are some lulz regarding Franklin on this thread. The 2011 version of Snow Dog would chop off the $#@! of his early 2010 self in this thread. Hindsight is 20/20, however.

asshat HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames Definitely Shaggy upper class HenryJames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryJames View Post
    Ate there on Sunday. It was pretty good.

Ate there again today.

It was pretty good.

asshat G4 grows his own roses G4 grows his own roses G4 grows his own roses G4 grows his own roses G4 grows his own roses G4 grows his own roses G4 grows his own roses G4 grows his own roses G4 grows his own roses G4 grows his own roses G4 grows his own roses G4's Avatar
    Jesse Griffiths is the $#@!.

fucktard Baghorn slams and goes hard. Baghorn slams and goes hard. Baghorn slams and goes hard. Baghorn slams and goes hard. Baghorn slams and goes hard. Baghorn slams and goes hard. Baghorn slams and goes hard. Baghorn slams and goes hard. Baghorn slams and goes hard. Baghorn slams and goes hard. Baghorn slams and goes hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottsins View Post
    "reestablishing confidence" sounds retarded with respect to smoking narbecue.
    I suspect he's referring to his confidence in building a successful business not in his ability to smoke a brisket.

fucktard Baghorn slams and goes hard. Baghorn slams and goes hard. Baghorn slams and goes hard. Baghorn slams and goes hard. Baghorn slams and goes hard. Baghorn slams and goes hard. Baghorn slams and goes hard. Baghorn slams and goes hard. Baghorn slams and goes hard. Baghorn slams and goes hard. Baghorn slams and goes hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryJames View Post
    Ate there again today.

It was pretty good.
    How did you score the St. Arnolds Divine to go with the Q?

John Mueller's 3rd, 4th, whatever, comeback

http://manuptexasbbq.blogspot.com/20...-joint-in.html

Texas pitmaster John Mueller is preparing to open a BBQ joint in Austin. John has been staying busy with private catering but is finally giving in to the masses who keep bugging him to open up shop. Details are still being worked out, but I do know that the joint will be located around Shady Lane & Airport. Opening is projected for the middle of July.

good news

asshat Longhorn_Fan68 Probably Shaggy upper class Longhorn_Fan68 Probably Shaggy upper class Longhorn_Fan68 Probably Shaggy upper class Longhorn_Fan68 Probably Shaggy upper class Longhorn_Fan68 Probably Shaggy upper class Longhorn_Fan68 Probably Shaggy upper class Longhorn_Fan68 Probably Shaggy upper class Longhorn_Fan68 Probably Shaggy upper class Longhorn_Fan68 Probably Shaggy upper class Longhorn_Fan68 Probably Shaggy upper class Longhorn_Fan68 Probably Shaggy upper class Longhorn_Fan68's Avatar
    $#@!, we're gonna the BBQ Capital of the World pretty soon. And I, for one, will not complain.

Chieftain of Aggression Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan Definitely Shaggy upper class Brisketexan's Avatar
    I was quite the John Meuller fan back in the day. I'll be happy to give him another shot, even two. It will be good to have (I hope) two top-tier joints in the city. I wish him nothing but luck, and if he can turn out bbq as good as the stuff at his old place, I'll be supporting him.

My Dad designed the smoker pit area at John Mueller's BBQ with AutoCad for free. He did it for a friend of mine who owned the building...

Mueller had great cue. I loved how he gave you a sample of the bark while you waited. Didn't like that they took forever to take CCs though.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhorn_Fan68 View Post
    $#@!, we're gonna the BBQ Capital of the World pretty soon.
    Uhhh....

asshat Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu's Avatar
    best brisket I've ever eaten was at John's place on Manor. those 2 sauces he served out of the crock pots were also pretty $#@!ing tasty.

asshat Mr.Dolemite is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Mr.Dolemite is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Mr.Dolemite is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Mr.Dolemite is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Mr.Dolemite is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Mr.Dolemite is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Mr.Dolemite is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Mr.Dolemite is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Mr.Dolemite is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Mr.Dolemite is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Mr.Dolemite is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Mr.Dolemite's Avatar
    I ate at the Manor location many times, loved it.

He was also nice to my mom when I took her, bless her soul.

I celebrate him coming back.

asshat DieUCLA98 Shaggy Bronze Club DieUCLA98 Shaggy Bronze Club DieUCLA98 Shaggy Bronze Club DieUCLA98 Shaggy Bronze Club DieUCLA98 Shaggy Bronze Club DieUCLA98 Shaggy Bronze Club DieUCLA98 Shaggy Bronze Club DieUCLA98 Shaggy Bronze Club DieUCLA98 Shaggy Bronze Club DieUCLA98 Shaggy Bronze Club DieUCLA98 Shaggy Bronze Club DieUCLA98's Avatar
    Yessss, great news. Anything to alleviate the lines at the Franklin.

Will this turn into the Austin version of Smitty vs. Kreuz?

http://www.scrumptiouschef.com/food/...ews-The-Legend

The nexus of any barbecue is the pit. John Mueller's is mobile and big. In his own words "Huge!!... mobile. I will be able to fit around 30 briskets comfortably"

What kind of joint do you have without beer? A pic-nic. Mr. Mueller did not neglect this part of the business plan. "We are planning a 1st Sunday beer and bbq pairing will local breweries!"

----

Where to put the throngs of people when they show up, not a small matter as Austin is ravenous for top flight brisket. John Mueller speaks: "We will have an air conditioned pavillion and tons of outdoor seating."

---

I inquire as to the particulars of the menu. If this doesn't set your mouth to watering then there is no hope for you.

Mueller: "Brisket, sausage, pork ribs, beef short ribs, turkey and pork loin everyday.."

And when I inquire as to specials he delivers the hammer: "Prime rib, pork chops, chicken, Etc"

asshat Longhorn Al has a gigantic e-peen. Longhorn Al has a gigantic e-peen. Longhorn Al has a gigantic e-peen. Longhorn Al has a gigantic e-peen. Longhorn Al has a gigantic e-peen. Longhorn Al has a gigantic e-peen. Longhorn Al has a gigantic e-peen. Longhorn Al has a gigantic e-peen. Longhorn Al has a gigantic e-peen. Longhorn Al has a gigantic e-peen. Longhorn Al has a gigantic e-peen. Longhorn Al's Avatar
    I am so ready for this.

asshat creasy Shaggy Bronze Club creasy Shaggy Bronze Club creasy Shaggy Bronze Club creasy Shaggy Bronze Club creasy Shaggy Bronze Club creasy Shaggy Bronze Club creasy Shaggy Bronze Club creasy Shaggy Bronze Club creasy Shaggy Bronze Club creasy Shaggy Bronze Club creasy Shaggy Bronze Club creasy's Avatar
    Texas Monthly food on Twitter yesterday:

@TMfood AUSTIN: We previewed John Mueller's barbecued brisket & beef ribs today--they rock & roll! He will open ~July 13 near Shady Ln & Airport.

Cowboys and Texans fan ! tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by creasy View Post
    Texas Monthly food on Twitter yesterday:

if they can put out a quality product, he'll kill

franklin has proven this theory for bbq in austin

beef ribs. most excellent.

I'm so $#@!ing excited to read this. BEEF RIBS???? Able to get there after the sun has come up and still be able to buy product??? Win freaking win.

Yup. I loved John Meuller's first restaurant, I suspect I'll love this one. At the old one, sometimes the daily special was a big smoked beef short rib. It was unreal.

• Closed Thread
    Page 1 of 93 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast