+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 107 ... LastLast

Thread: Franklin BBQ

asshat e can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. e can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. e can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. e can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. e can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. e can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. e can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. e can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. e can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. e can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. e can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night.
    Quote Originally Posted by GDLover
    I haven't even made it by yet, that place is blowing up.

SUNDAY, MARCH 7, Franklin BBQ, 3421 I-35 N, 5pm -Man Up Texas BBQ's "Gettin' Sauced!" Texas BBQ Sauce Contest- BBQ, music, and beer samples from Saint Arnold!
    What could be better?
    http://is.gd/9s7yu
    Interesting. Lots of narbecue stuff going on this weekend.

Banned RoostaMan slams and goes hard. RoostaMan slams and goes hard. RoostaMan slams and goes hard. RoostaMan slams and goes hard. RoostaMan slams and goes hard. RoostaMan slams and goes hard. RoostaMan slams and goes hard. RoostaMan slams and goes hard. RoostaMan slams and goes hard. RoostaMan slams and goes hard. RoostaMan slams and goes hard.
    Went for the 1st time today @ 11 am. 2 meat plate with Ribs and fatty brisket.. Very impressed with the brisket so far. Nice and moist and good bark. Beans and Potato Salad for sides. Will report back when meal is complete.

asshat TPCJ007 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TPCJ007 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TPCJ007 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TPCJ007 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TPCJ007 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TPCJ007 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TPCJ007 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TPCJ007 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TPCJ007 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TPCJ007 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TPCJ007 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TPCJ007's Avatar
    I was there just after 11 getting some food to-go. This place is becoming a shaggy hang out.

Didn't see Aaron there today. He had 2 nice guys working in the trailer.

Banned RoostaMan slams and goes hard. RoostaMan slams and goes hard. RoostaMan slams and goes hard. RoostaMan slams and goes hard. RoostaMan slams and goes hard. RoostaMan slams and goes hard. RoostaMan slams and goes hard. RoostaMan slams and goes hard. RoostaMan slams and goes hard. RoostaMan slams and goes hard. RoostaMan slams and goes hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by TPCJ007
    I was there just after 11 getting some food to-go. This place is becoming a shaggy hang out.

Didn't see Aaron there today. He had 2 nice guys working in the trailer.
    were you wearing a North Face vest and long sleved shirt or a business suit? because if so, i was right behind you.

asshat TPCJ007 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TPCJ007 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TPCJ007 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TPCJ007 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TPCJ007 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TPCJ007 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TPCJ007 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TPCJ007 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TPCJ007 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TPCJ007 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TPCJ007 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TPCJ007's Avatar
    Nope, I had on a greenish button down with jeans and a UT hat.

ok the ribs kick ass. the potato salad also kicks ass to me, but i like mine real mustardy. the beans are ok

bunghole Mingus slams and goes hard. Mingus slams and goes hard. Mingus slams and goes hard. Mingus slams and goes hard. Mingus slams and goes hard. Mingus slams and goes hard. Mingus slams and goes hard. Mingus slams and goes hard. Mingus slams and goes hard. Mingus slams and goes hard. Mingus slams and goes hard.
    my bro and I were just there. I wanted to stand on my table and shout "WHO AMONG YOU IS FROM THE INTERNET"

asshat feed_the_horse is a rep whore. feed_the_horse is a rep whore. feed_the_horse is a rep whore. feed_the_horse is a rep whore. feed_the_horse is a rep whore. feed_the_horse is a rep whore. feed_the_horse is a rep whore. feed_the_horse is a rep whore. feed_the_horse is a rep whore. feed_the_horse is a rep whore. feed_the_horse is a rep whore.
    Went again on Sunday after being at Town Lake for awhile and it was great as usual. Line was the longest I’ve seen since I’ve been there, but the pulled pork was so worth it. For a bit under $5, you get a lot for a sandwich. Definitely worth the price.

I was wishing the bourbon banana pudding was going to make an appearance...but no luck.

asshat BallamaticBevo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BallamaticBevo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BallamaticBevo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BallamaticBevo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BallamaticBevo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BallamaticBevo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BallamaticBevo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BallamaticBevo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BallamaticBevo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BallamaticBevo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BallamaticBevo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BallamaticBevo's Avatar
    making you feel inferior because you're on the grill b
    we need to organize a shaggy lunch here one day. I bet there would be 50 strong in attendance. We could ask Aaron to give us a pit tour and explain his process or put on something special like beef ribs or what not. Lets look into this damnit!

asshat texassax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texassax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texassax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texassax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texassax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texassax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texassax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texassax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texassax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texassax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texassax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texassax's Avatar
    If you had Mingus, I would have stood up.

I was there for the first time today, got there around 12:45. Fatty brisket and sausage as he was out of ribs, but what I had was top notch. The guy (don't know if it was Aaron or not, there were two guys and I hadn't been there) cut a few slices of the brisket, almost walked away, then realized he was right at the end of the slab said he might as well throw on the burnt end for me. Definitely going to be going back multiple times. Said he ran out of ribs around 12:30, looks like the next trip will be closer to 11:45-12.

Epic lunch there today, just brisket and sausage. Sides are good, but not great, for me they just serve as filler. If Aaron had beef ribs and they were done as well as the brisket is, it would truly be heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by BallamaticBevo
    we need to organize a shaggy lunch here one day.
    Considering there is an unorganized shaggy lunch there every day, that shouldn't be hard. DieUCLA98 and I were there between 11:30 and 12:30. He wondered aloud how many people sitting there would respond if we shouted out, "Who here's from Shaggybevo?"

asshat Snow Dog might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snow Dog might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snow Dog might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snow Dog might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snow Dog might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snow Dog might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snow Dog might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snow Dog might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snow Dog might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snow Dog might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snow Dog might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snow Dog's Avatar
    Somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert
    we need to organize a shaggy lunch here one day. I bet there would be 50 strong in attendance. We could ask Aaron to give us a pit tour and explain his process or put on something special like beef ribs or what not. Lets look into this damnit!
    I'll be the surly bastard in the corner table, hoarding my Pilsner.

asshat BallamaticBevo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BallamaticBevo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BallamaticBevo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BallamaticBevo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BallamaticBevo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BallamaticBevo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BallamaticBevo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BallamaticBevo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BallamaticBevo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BallamaticBevo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BallamaticBevo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BallamaticBevo's Avatar
    Next time I go I am going to yell the "who's here" you $#@!s better respond, I don't wanna hear any crickets chirpin!

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Dog
    and taking upskirts with your Canon

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Dog
    and taking pictures.

asshat G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4's Avatar
    I thought that was sax there eating by his lonesome.

asshat texassax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texassax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texassax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texassax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texassax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texassax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texassax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texassax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texassax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texassax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texassax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? texassax's Avatar
    Yeppers, probably was. I thought about getting it to go and heading home, but it's so nice outside today I just decided to chill for a bit. Although there was some other guy sitting by himself in the corner, that wasn't me.

asshat NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX's Avatar
    Jesus built my car. Its a love affair. Mainly Jesus and my hot rod.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarp
    Epic lunch there today, just brisket and sausage. Sides are good, but not great, for me they just serve as filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by NCAAFBALLROX
    Bitching about the sides @ a Q joint is like going to a Longhorns football game & complaining about the celebrities on the sideline... they aren't really important to the overall program. So I don't really care too much about them.

(not saying that you were "bitching", but... well, y'know.

Cowboys and Texans fan ! tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt's Avatar
    lot of lonely $#@!s on the shaggy

psh, I could eat that bbq by myself every single day and not once feel lonely

Quote Originally Posted by texassax
    psh, I could eat that bbq by myself every single day and not once feel lonely
    this

asshat Snow Dog might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snow Dog might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snow Dog might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snow Dog might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snow Dog might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snow Dog might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snow Dog might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snow Dog might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snow Dog might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snow Dog might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snow Dog might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snow Dog's Avatar
    Somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert
    and taking upskirts with your Canon

Quote Originally Posted by RoostaMan

and taking pictures.

Nice simulpost, guys.

bunghole Mingus slams and goes hard. Mingus slams and goes hard. Mingus slams and goes hard. Mingus slams and goes hard. Mingus slams and goes hard. Mingus slams and goes hard. Mingus slams and goes hard. Mingus slams and goes hard. Mingus slams and goes hard. Mingus slams and goes hard. Mingus slams and goes hard.
    Epic lunch there today, just brisket and sausage. Sides are good, but not great, for me they just serve as filler.
    Bitching about the sides @ a Q joint is like going to a Longhorns football game & complaining about the celebrities on the sideline... they aren't really important to the overall program. So I don't really care too much about them.

I made this very point to him at the time.

asshat TXSooner518 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSooner518 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSooner518 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSooner518 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSooner518 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSooner518 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSooner518 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSooner518 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSooner518 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSooner518 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TXSooner518 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge?
    was there today, got a pulled pork sammich and 1/4 lb lean brisket to go. Both were tremendous. The lean brisket wasn't qute as good as the fatty, but is the best lean I've ever had. Normally it's just too dry. Damn it was good. The pulled pork was very flavorful, but needed the pork sauce on the sammich to not be dry a bit. Love love love the pork sauce, so no worries on that!!

Again, Aaron is just a super nice guy. Love supporting this business.

I wasn't sure if Franklin's would live up to the hype, but after one bite of that moist brisket... there was know doubt that this is the best BBQ in Austin.

asshat CPHornFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? CPHornFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? CPHornFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? CPHornFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? CPHornFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? CPHornFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? CPHornFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? CPHornFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? CPHornFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? CPHornFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? CPHornFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? CPHornFan's Avatar
    The wife and I are having 30 people over on Sunday and she suggested that we get BBQ from Smokey Mo's to feed everyone because she thought Franklin would be too expensive. So I priced both places and Aaron's price is waaaay less than Smokey Mo's. I'm getting MUCH better BBQ and paying way less money for it. Talk about a win/win.

So fair warning: I'm picking up brisket for 30 people at 11:00 on Sunday.

asshat NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CPHornFan
    The wife and I are having 30 people over on Sunday and she suggested that we get BBQ from Smokey Mo's to feed everyone because she thought Franklin would be too expensive. So I priced both places and Aaron's price is waaaay less than Smokey Mo's. I'm getting MUCH better BBQ and paying way less money for it. Talk about a win/win.

Shoulda come to the Q cookoff & had Luke Duke or one of them put an entire brisket & a slab o' ribs on for you to oven up the next day.

Preparation fail.

Granted, Franklin's is top shelf stuff.

Just sayin' is all.

asshat Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Stu's Avatar
    Best brisket I've ever eaten next to John Mueller's. This place is going to EXPLODE! Finally Austin has a legit BBQ place. Once he gets the sausage down, he'll be in the elite company of Smitty's, Kreutz, Blacks, Luling City Market, Cooper's, Louie Muellers.

asshat DieUCLA98 Shaggy Bronze Club DieUCLA98 Shaggy Bronze Club DieUCLA98 Shaggy Bronze Club DieUCLA98 Shaggy Bronze Club DieUCLA98 Shaggy Bronze Club DieUCLA98 Shaggy Bronze Club DieUCLA98 Shaggy Bronze Club DieUCLA98 Shaggy Bronze Club DieUCLA98 Shaggy Bronze Club DieUCLA98 Shaggy Bronze Club DieUCLA98 Shaggy Bronze Club DieUCLA98's Avatar
    Ya I agree the sausage is currently lacking. I think he should think about making his own or perhaps adding in beef ribs instead b/c compared to everything else, the sausage is a tier below, IMO.

So...... Franklin's on Wednesday of next week. Whose in?

Quote Originally Posted by DieUCLA98
    Ya I agree the sausage is currently lacking. I think he should think about making his own or perhaps adding in beef ribs instead b/c compared to everything else, the sausage is a tier below, IMO.

i can swing that

So...... Franklin's on Wednesday of next week. Who's in?
    FIFY

asshat Jack Straw probably preboards planes Jack Straw probably preboards planes Jack Straw probably preboards planes Jack Straw probably preboards planes Jack Straw probably preboards planes Jack Straw probably preboards planes Jack Straw probably preboards planes Jack Straw probably preboards planes Jack Straw probably preboards planes Jack Straw probably preboards planes Jack Straw probably preboards planes Jack Straw's Avatar
    compared to everything else, the sausage is a tier below
    no

Super yummy!!!

asshat pacman Shaggy Bronze Club pacman Shaggy Bronze Club pacman Shaggy Bronze Club pacman Shaggy Bronze Club pacman Shaggy Bronze Club pacman Shaggy Bronze Club pacman Shaggy Bronze Club pacman Shaggy Bronze Club pacman Shaggy Bronze Club pacman Shaggy Bronze Club pacman Shaggy Bronze Club
    Quote Originally Posted by CPHornFan

first, i hate smokey mo's but did go there in desperate times. second, they damn near doubled their price over the last year. their prices have gotten way out of hand.

asshat Orange&White Shaggy Gold Club Orange&White Shaggy Gold Club Orange&White Shaggy Gold Club Orange&White Shaggy Gold Club Orange&White Shaggy Gold Club Orange&White Shaggy Gold Club Orange&White Shaggy Gold Club Orange&White Shaggy Gold Club Orange&White Shaggy Gold Club Orange&White Shaggy Gold Club Orange&White Shaggy Gold Club Orange&White's Avatar
    I'd rather eat in the cafeteria of the middle school my son attends than eat at Smokey Mo's. And that is not an exaggeration in any way. It is easily the worst "BBQ" I have ever had.

asshat Jack Straw probably preboards planes Jack Straw probably preboards planes Jack Straw probably preboards planes Jack Straw probably preboards planes Jack Straw probably preboards planes Jack Straw probably preboards planes Jack Straw probably preboards planes Jack Straw probably preboards planes Jack Straw probably preboards planes Jack Straw probably preboards planes Jack Straw probably preboards planes Jack Straw's Avatar
    ok so which one of you was the guy there today finishing up around noon in the light blue capri pants and the blue blocker shades

aaron definitely appreciates the regular customers -- we got two links, 6 ribs, a bunch of burnt ends and a pile of japs and he told the cashier "charge 'em ten bucks"

we couldn't in good conscience take that so we left a $5 tip -- plus two lone star long necks for closing time

the line was 25 to 30 deep when we left at 1 pm

Cowboys and Texans fan ! tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoostaMan

So...... Franklin's on Wednesday of next week. Who's in?
    FIFY

IN ! <<< no bull$#@!, im going to be in the area weds

asshat hopkinsnhorns might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? hopkinsnhorns might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? hopkinsnhorns might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? hopkinsnhorns might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? hopkinsnhorns might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? hopkinsnhorns might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? hopkinsnhorns might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? hopkinsnhorns might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? hopkinsnhorns might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? hopkinsnhorns might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? hopkinsnhorns might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? hopkinsnhorns's Avatar
    I'm in for next wednesday. Also, I'm planning on stopping in on Sunday morning after curling... and I will throw a $#@! fit if there is no brisket because some shaggy $#@! decided to make the trailer his personal caterer. (only sort of kidding on that last part)

purveyor of taste huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge's Avatar
    I'd kill for this sort of operation near downtown Houston.

asshat pray4mojo slams and goes hard. pray4mojo slams and goes hard. pray4mojo slams and goes hard. pray4mojo slams and goes hard. pray4mojo slams and goes hard. pray4mojo slams and goes hard. pray4mojo slams and goes hard. pray4mojo slams and goes hard. pray4mojo slams and goes hard. pray4mojo slams and goes hard. pray4mojo slams and goes hard. pray4mojo's Avatar
    was there today around 1130 and after being underwhelmed with the sausage last time, it was 10x better this time around.

asshat dmtx slams and goes hard. dmtx slams and goes hard. dmtx slams and goes hard. dmtx slams and goes hard. dmtx slams and goes hard. dmtx slams and goes hard. dmtx slams and goes hard. dmtx slams and goes hard. dmtx slams and goes hard. dmtx slams and goes hard. dmtx slams and goes hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Straw
    ok so which one of you was the guy there today finishing up around noon in the light blue capri pants and the blue blocker shades

aaron definitely appreciates the regular customers -- we got two links, 6 ribs, a bunch of burnt ends and a pile of japs and he told the cashier "charge 'em ten bucks"

we couldn't in good conscience take that so we left a $5 tip -- plus two lone star long necks for closing time

the line was 25 to 30 deep when we left at 1 pm
    my buddy was in line at 12:45 with 20 people in front of him. He said they were out of ribs. He then texted me afterward - 2 meat plate. Brisket and pulled pork. Tons of food. They wouldn't sell out so quick if they had tighter portion control.

He loved it.

asshat Blain probably preboards planes Blain probably preboards planes Blain probably preboards planes Blain probably preboards planes Blain probably preboards planes Blain probably preboards planes Blain probably preboards planes Blain probably preboards planes Blain probably preboards planes Blain probably preboards planes Blain probably preboards planes Blain's Avatar
    I got there about 11:15am. Ordered my two meat plate to go and somehow in between ordering an extra 1/2 pound of brisket I forgot to remind him about the ribs. When I went to checkout the guy said "one meat plate?" I said, no two. Well, I get home and guess what, NO RIBS AT ALL!

Aaron did give me a bunch of burnt ends though. (I didn't even tell him about internets)

Quote Originally Posted by Mingus

I made this very point to him at the time.
    *shrug* I will f'ing murder me some coleslaw at Louie Mueller's, or the beans at Southside Market. And seriously, what BBQ isn't made even better by a dessert of some form of cobbler (Cooper's) or nanner puddin'? Not saying it's as important as the tenderness of the brisket by any stretch, but it does count for something.

in for wednesday, as long as I get ribs this time.

I stopped by today as I was finishing up some errands & Aaron gave me a pint of the Espresso Q sauce to take out to the Shag Cookoff... I got a bunch of the little cups for sharing the product around.

It went over quite well with the pit crew meeting we had.

I may be able to swing Wednesday as well.

asshat CPHornFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? CPHornFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? CPHornFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? CPHornFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? CPHornFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? CPHornFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? CPHornFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? CPHornFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? CPHornFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? CPHornFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? CPHornFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? CPHornFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange&White
    I'd rather eat in the cafeteria of the middle school my son attends than eat at Smokey Mo's. And that is not an exaggeration in any way. It is easily the worst "BBQ" I have ever had.
    I agree which is one reason why I drive from Cedar Park down to Franklin's to get my BBQ. 20-25 minute drive? Well worth it. Hell, I drive right past 5 diff BBQ places to get to Franklin's.

I guess I'm in the minority in that I like the sausage. Not as much as the brisket, mind you, but I like it. I asked Aaron about beef ribs and he said that he may do them from time to time once he gets his second smoker in action. However, he said that the problem with beef ribs is that they're very expensive so he doesn't know how often he'll do them.

I'll try to be there on Wed.

i'm not seeing a fully realized profit margin in selling this as a $10 plate

i didn't complain though

i love franklin's sausage personally, no homo. my only criticism of it is that the casing is a bit too thick and is kind of chewy but the flavor is just right for me

asshat flaco might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? flaco might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? flaco might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? flaco might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? flaco might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? flaco might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? flaco might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? flaco might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? flaco might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? flaco might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? flaco might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge?
    I like his sausage when it is later in the day and it has cooked a little more. Earlier it is too greasy for my tastes.

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 7 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 107 ... LastLast