+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 84 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Fort Worth is exploding

asshat Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge?
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Gorilla View Post
    New location is badass.

Anyone want to watch the Tech game there this Sat????
    I watched the 1st half of the Texas game on Saturday there and there was about 4 TCU guys in there. Of course I don't think there game was on TV, so I am sure that will change. I would say I saw about 30 Texas fans in there if not more. It is a great place to watch the game and they put the sound on. They know that TCU is their main attraction because it is in Fort Worth, but they understand the power of Texas and the draw as well. I go there a lot and I bet I eat lunch about twice a week in there when I am in town.

Quote Originally Posted by spystud13 View Post
    Oh, & don't go to Silver Dollar Saloon right next to Parton's... You might get shot.
    1234. it's a great spot for lunch...but i'm not so sure it's on my list for dinner. there's also a massage rub and tug type joint in the same complex. i have no $#@!ing clue who owns that piece of real estate but i'd boot out silver dollar saloon and the rub and tug to expand parton's in a minute. any good stories about $#@! going down at SDS?

asshat ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Gorilla View Post
    New location is badass.

Anyone want to watch the Tech game there this Sat????
    Im down...heading over there to play poker tonight...

asshat spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Wesley View Post
    any good stories about $#@! going down at SDS?
    Wouldn't call it a good story, but a longtime bartender was shot & killed in a robbery there a few years ago...

asshat Angry Gorilla might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Angry Gorilla might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Angry Gorilla might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Angry Gorilla might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Angry Gorilla might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Angry Gorilla might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Angry Gorilla might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Angry Gorilla might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Angry Gorilla might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Angry Gorilla might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Angry Gorilla might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Angry Gorilla's Avatar
    I will be at Pour House for the game. Going to the TCU game till the 4th quater and will try to get to PH to see the end of the TCU game. I am banking on a couple of groups leaving right after the TCU game ends and snagging their table.

asshat Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge?
    I would you meet you guys, but I am heading to Lubbock. Keep me in the loop for more game watchings or happy hours.

asshat Ankf00 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Ankf00 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Ankf00 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Ankf00 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Ankf00 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Ankf00 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Ankf00 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Ankf00 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Ankf00 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Ankf00 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Ankf00 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Ankf00's Avatar
    Fort Worth: Where Da White Women At

not Frogstyle froghorn717 Shaggy Bronze Club froghorn717 Shaggy Bronze Club froghorn717 Shaggy Bronze Club froghorn717 Shaggy Bronze Club froghorn717 Shaggy Bronze Club froghorn717 Shaggy Bronze Club froghorn717 Shaggy Bronze Club froghorn717 Shaggy Bronze Club froghorn717 Shaggy Bronze Club froghorn717 Shaggy Bronze Club froghorn717 Shaggy Bronze Club froghorn717's Avatar
    picking up pennies in front of steamrollers
    Lanny's Alta Cocina Mexicana

http://www.lannyskitchen.com/index02.php

Full disclosure he's a good friend, and he's part of the family who owns Joe T's.

He trained at the CIA. He worked with/for Rick Bayless at Topolobampo and Frontera Grill. He worked with Diana Kennedy. His restaurant is fantastic.

He knows what he is doing.

asshat The Lake Worth Monster Shaggy Silver Club The Lake Worth Monster Shaggy Silver Club The Lake Worth Monster Shaggy Silver Club The Lake Worth Monster Shaggy Silver Club The Lake Worth Monster Shaggy Silver Club The Lake Worth Monster Shaggy Silver Club The Lake Worth Monster Shaggy Silver Club The Lake Worth Monster Shaggy Silver Club The Lake Worth Monster Shaggy Silver Club The Lake Worth Monster Shaggy Silver Club The Lake Worth Monster Shaggy Silver Club The Lake Worth Monster's Avatar
    I'm a FW native though i don't get back that often. Just a quick shout out for El Rancho Grande messcan food on the north side. This place used to be the best in town, but its been a while since i've been there. I understand the same family still owns the joint.

Quote Originally Posted by froghorn717 View Post
    Lanny's Alta Cocina Mexicana

http://www.lannyskitchen.com/index02.php

Full disclosure he's a good friend, and he's part of the family who owns Joe T's.

He trained at the CIA. He worked with/for Rick Bayless at Topolobampo and Frontera Grill. He worked with Diana Kennedy. His restaurant is fantastic.

He knows what he is doing.
    Frog,

I've heard mixed reviews on his place. Some are sold and others say it's way too expensive for the quality. I've never been there but personally I think there are some concepts that Fort Worth isn't really ready to accept. $#@!, sushi just started getting popular a few years ago. Is this one of those concepts? I don't know but I should definitely give it a shot.

Frog,

I've heard mixed reviews on his place. Some are sold and others say it's way too expensive for the quality. I've never been there but personally I think there are some concepts that Fort Worth isn't really ready to accept. $#@!, sushi just started getting popular a few years ago. Is this one of those concepts? I don't know but I should definitely give it a shot.
    I thought the same thing when I read the menu. I thought it was a little much, but will give it a try before I write it off.

I went to Lanny's a few years ago. If you are looking for a pricey, high-end foodie experience, it's a good place. If you interested in eating a meal there, move along. I was satisfied with the food quality, but it was very pricey for the food quantity. I wasn't expecting Pancho's Buffet when I sat down, but after dropping that kind of dough on "dinner," you will definitely be hitting up Whataburger drive thru afterwards.

There are plenty of other very nice restaurants in FW where your taste buds and stomach are equally impressed when you leave.

Made it to Lola's for the first time last night to see Scott Copeland play. That is a pretty kick ass spot. Also hit up 8.0, Rooster, and Pour House.

Anybody go to any FW Texas Exes events? There is a Thirsty Thursday tonight at Whiskey and Rye.

Quote Originally Posted by Beef View Post
    Made it to Lola's for the first time last night to see Scott Copeland play. That is a pretty kick ass spot. Also hit up 8.0, Rooster, and Pour House.

Anybody go to any FW Texas Exes events? There is a Thirsty Thursday tonight at Whiskey and Rye.
    i haven't been but i know whiskey and rye is a cool bar at the omni. if you haven't been, that hotel is really nice and was a much needed upgrade to the downtown hospitality scene. that place will be hoppin once the south side of d-town starts to turn which I think will happen in the next couple of years.

bunghole clacknasty is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares?
    I had a really good meal at Red Cactus the other night next to TCU. I may stop by the Pour House for the game.

blue sushi sake is now open at museum place across from eddie v's. i'd call it a bit "dallas lite" but the food is awesome and i had a damn good time.

asshat Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light's Avatar
    any of you guys go to the Rahr brewery? I'm bout to head there right now.

They've been closed for a while cuz their roof caved in last winter but they open every wednesday and saturday for a tour and tasting.

wtf? tejas60 Shaggy Gold Club tejas60 Shaggy Gold Club tejas60 Shaggy Gold Club tejas60 Shaggy Gold Club tejas60 Shaggy Gold Club tejas60 Shaggy Gold Club tejas60 Shaggy Gold Club tejas60 Shaggy Gold Club tejas60 Shaggy Gold Club tejas60 Shaggy Gold Club tejas60 Shaggy Gold Club tejas60's Avatar
    grew up and lived in/near Fort Worth til 2000.

old places:
    Angelo's and Sammy's for bbq
    Wed. night Enchilada Dinners at El Fenix on Camp Bowie
    Original Kincaid's
    Cattlemen's Steakhouse
    Billy Miner's
    Joe T's
    Caro's
    Marjie's Italian Garden (is that still there?)

Others:
    Blue Mesa for Sunday brunch
    Cousin's bbq
    JJ's Oyster Bar

sometimes I miss Fort Worth....

I made my first trip to Ft. Worth as an adult last week. Stayed downtown, and really enjoyed it. It's a really walkable downtown area, and generally kicks the $#@! out of Dallas from my experience. This is going to sound ridiculously lame, but I split my time between the flying saucer and the fox and hound. Wifi, a table to work at, and some beer is all I require. I'll be heading back for a week within the next year and will remember this thread to try out some bars/restaurants that I can't get in Austin.

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickMcHorn View Post
    I made my first trip to Ft. Worth as an adult last week. Stayed downtown, and really enjoyed it. It's a really walkable downtown area, and generally kicks the $#@! out of Dallas from my experience. This is going to sound ridiculously lame, but I split my time between the flying saucer and the fox and hound. Wifi, a table to work at, and some beer is all I require. I'll be heading back for a week within the next year and will remember this thread to try out some bars/restaurants that I can't get in Austin.
    Pat,

that doesn't sound lame, it's just that there are WAY better places to go than where you hung out. downtown FW is awesome, but the 7th street area kicks ass too. go check it out. smash lots of beaver and report back.

Pat,

that doesn't sound lame, it's just that there are WAY better places to go than where you hung out. downtown FW is awesome, but the 7th street area kicks ass too. go check it out. smash lots of beaver and report back.
    Very true. Outside of Wednesday nights at 8.0 (which is over next week) I never go down town anymore.

Finally made it over to So 7 Love Shack for dinner tonight after happy hour at the Rooster. It has a pretty damn good vibe at So 7 Love Shack with live music and the outside seating. I was wanting to hit Taco Heads later tonight after the bars, but it appears they are closed for a plumbing issue. There is a lot of people in the West 7th area right now, so it should be a great night.

asshat spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class
    What is the scouting report of the Rooster HH ladies?

What is the scouting report of the Rooster HH ladies?
    As much as I would love to tell you its awesome. It is really hit and miss. I think the $1.50 can beers make up for that a little, but there is always several that come through the door that are quality. They have a pretty decent HH crowd though.

bunghole clacknasty is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares?
    Had Texas de Brazil tonight. Going to take me a few weeks to recover.

Rooster's (sausage fest with some TCU cover band playing), Pour House (ok), Pete's (dead), Library (Ghetto), 9 (weak), Houston (pretty solid)

For as promising as I thought it was going to be, it was just okay. Finally the promise of Ranger playoff tickets allowed me to hook up.

Yeah, would have stayed away from downtown tonight, esp. Library. Sometimes English is the second language there on Thursdays...

bunghole Martin names their bicycles. All three of them. Martin names their bicycles. All three of them. Martin names their bicycles. All three of them. Martin names their bicycles. All three of them. Martin names their bicycles. All three of them. Martin's Avatar
    Once the Trinity Project is complete Fort Worth will only be that much better.

Miss my native city.

Yeah, would have stayed away from downtown tonight, esp. Library. Sometimes English is the second language there on Thursdays...
    very racist. very true.

bunghole Martin names their bicycles. All three of them. Martin names their bicycles. All three of them. Martin names their bicycles. All three of them. Martin names their bicycles. All three of them. Martin names their bicycles. All three of them. Martin's Avatar
    very racist. very true.
    Be sure to keep away from the bars on North Main St. too for the same reasons

Made eye contact with this real cute girl, waved her over and offered to buy her a drink when about 6 dudes stepped at me. I thought I was going to get shanked and that is about the time we decided we should not be in there.

asshat Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light's Avatar
    does Library still have the Thurs. $1.50 beer special?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Light View Post
    does Library still have the Thurs. $1.50 beer special?
    I think it was $1 beers and $1 wells last night, but we only stayed for one drink.

asshat dmtx slams and goes hard. dmtx slams and goes hard. dmtx slams and goes hard. dmtx slams and goes hard. dmtx slams and goes hard. dmtx slams and goes hard. dmtx slams and goes hard. dmtx slams and goes hard. dmtx slams and goes hard. dmtx slams and goes hard. dmtx slams and goes hard.
    and Chuy's is expected to open in November over in So7

asshat beer has a gigantic e-peen. beer has a gigantic e-peen. beer has a gigantic e-peen. beer has a gigantic e-peen. beer has a gigantic e-peen. beer has a gigantic e-peen. beer has a gigantic e-peen. beer has a gigantic e-peen. beer has a gigantic e-peen. beer has a gigantic e-peen. beer has a gigantic e-peen. beer's Avatar
    Greater than 300 yards from an elementary school

Late notice, but Earl is supposed to be at the Co-op Grand Opening tonight on 7th. Headed that way shortly...

That was a cool deal... Ribbon cutting @ the Co-op with Earl, then dinner & an autograph @ Boomer Jack's for $25 through the FW Exes.

He's in pretty rough shape, though.

Fort Worth is exploding

You know the deal. Pics or...

I can post a pic of his autograph, but his isn't exactly rare. I don't take pics of things in public.

However, there is a little yogurt shop next to Boomer Jack's that is mother $#@!ing crawling with dumb 19-year old TCU coeds in wind shorts... That, I most certainly should have taken a few pics of!

I can post a pic of his autograph, but his isn't exactly rare. I don't take pics of things in public.

However, there is a little yogurt shop next to Boomer Jack's that is mother $#@!ing crawling with dumb 19-year old TCU coeds in wind shorts... That, I most certainly should have taken a few pics of!
    best part of living across the street from that joint. on a nice day there's always and handful of girls jogging around campus that are straight up 10s (per the Shaggy-meter). central market is also a solid place for the TCU coed scene.

This.

best part of living across the street from that joint. on a nice day there's always and handful of girls jogging around campus that are straight up 10s (per the Shaggy-meter). central market is also a solid place for the TCU coed scene.
    I am also a fan of Central Market for the scenery.

asshat TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL's Avatar
    As much as I would love to tell you its awesome. It is really hit and miss. I think the $1.50 can beers make up for that a little, but there is always several that come through the door that are quality. They have a pretty decent HH crowd though.
    I live very close to the Rooster. At HH it is overrun with Cougar. It's funny to watch them stumble in from that Blue Sushi joint. Speaking of which, what's going on in that new sushi place? Every time I drive by it people are stumbling out of there hammered, or when I meet up with people who have just come from there, they are three sheets to the wind.

I like the Rooster though. You can't beat $1.50 cans, and the brisket tacos are really good. It's a great place for a lazy Sunday spending 6+ hours watching DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket.

I was thinking about watching Texas-Nebraska there, out on the patio, but with TCU and the Rangers playing at 3pm, it's going to be a cluster$#@! at every sports bar.

Quote Originally Posted by TornACL View Post
    Speaking of which, what's going on in that new sushi place?
    it's doing very well and they have received fantastic reviews. i went there last sat night and had to sit at the sushi bar since there weren't any tables within a reasonable wait. one of the owners said last friday night you could barely walk in the bar area.

The Rooster is a good spot. It seems that happy hour and day drinking especially on the weekends you can find a good crowd in there. I am sure I will be there several times this weekend as well.

TornACL,

If there was one place that I believe you can get away from the cluster$#@! I believe the Rooster is it. They have $0.50 wings and $5.00 Coors Light pitchers during the TCU games.

asshat TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL's Avatar
    The Rooster is a good spot. It seems that happy hour and day drinking especially on the weekends you can find a good crowd in there. I am sure I will be there several times this weekend as well.

TornACL,

If there was one place that I believe you can get away from the cluster$#@! I believe the Rooster is it. They have $0.50 wings and $5.00 Coors Light pitchers during the TCU games.
    I know, but I'm telling you, no matter the outcome, I am going to be having attacks of rage worse than Bo Pelini on Saturday. Probably not a good idea for me to be crossing paths with any TCU dorks or UT haters.

I will be there Sunday though. I really like just kicking back in there on Sunday and watching football. Plus, last weekend when I walked out of there my tab was just over 20 bucks. For lunch and 10 beers. Can't beat it.

parking in the rooster parking lot is getting ridiculous. they are towing people that go into blue sushi sake like crazy. they even towed the owner of the rooster when he was eating there. i assume it's the real estate owner who is enforcing it.

I am at the Rooster right now and there is only 7 people here. They will have the Rangers sound on, but will have the Texas game on a couple of tvs along with TCU. The parking lot to Pour House was already packed.

I am at the Rooster right now and there is only 7 people here. They will have the Rangers sound on, but will have the Texas game on a couple of tvs along with TCU. The parking lot to Pour House was already packed.
    Secure the patio. That's the place to be right now. $#@!ing perfect outside.

Solid game watching experience at the Rooster.

14 Lone Star Lights + food = 28 dollar tab.

Quote Originally Posted by dw View Post
    M & O station grill = win. Very awesome and less crowded than the other west 7th burger joints.
    This is on my hit list. Off to Fred's for Sunday Brunch.

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 2 of 84 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast