+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 81 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Fort Worth is exploding

I'd be in but I have a little kid b-day party. Thank God for DVR or many marriages would be lost or decided on viewing sporting events.

asshat TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beef View Post
    I have changed my plan a little bit on Saturday is I am starting at the Rooster at 2:30pm for the Texas vs. UConn Basketball game and then slide over to Fred's for Scott Copeland after that. Any of yall $#@!s want to meet me up there for the Texas game?
    I'll probably be there. NFL Playoffs start at 2:30 also, correct? Or 3:30?

asshat ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dmtx View Post
    You're talking about Salsa Fuego - this place is legit. service is a little slow at times.
    yep...been there 4 times since that article came out... definitely show up at 11 or 1:30 for lunch and then early or late for dinner...waited a hour for a table when i showed up there at 6:30 a couple weeks ago...their brisket tacos are legit...

asshat Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge?
    I know its last minute, but which strip club would you go eat lunch at today. Ricks?

asshat TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Wesley View Post
    yep, they should be there. call the phone # i put on there to be sure before heading over there.

that day sounds pretty allsome but i don't want to be anywhere near your $#@!ter the next day.
    So Salsa Limon was closed last weekend during the all-day taco expedition, but I drove by tonight and saw the little trailer open. And it just so happened I hadn't eaten dinner yet, so....

You know it's a good sign when it's cold outside and there's still 4 or 5 people waiting around in line for trailer tacos when there's the warm indoors of Fuzzy's Taco just across the street.

I got the El Capitan and the Pastor topped with cheese. I didn't take pictures, because honestly they looked pretty wimpy at first glance. But looks can be $#@!ing deceiving. These were excellent. The pickled cabbage sets that steak off big time.

I could have eaten a dozen of those things. Definitely putting Salsa Limon in the regular rotation. Especially during the spring, when you can enjoy the added entertainment of hot TCU ass walking up and down the street as you wait. Thanks for the heads up.

asshat spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class
    Regarding the Magnolia Motor Lounge, check out this page on their website...

Politically correct, however, we are not. So if you’re easily offended, there’s a good chance you will be offended at some time during your visit to our humble little place. We offer our customers a freakin tasty menu, a good selection of beer and booze, live music, and the option to smoke cigarettes somewhere else.

We’re regular folk just like everyone else. We were looking for a cool place to hang with our friends, have a spirit, cool brew or two, with some decent food and live music in an eclectic automotive inspired atmosphere.

Unfortunately, there wasn’t something like it around. So, what’s a person to do? Knock back a few toddies, think long and hard, and foolishly decide that it’s a brilliant idea to build it yourself. We hope you like the offerings as well as the atmosphere. If you do tell everyone you know. If not. Tell me personally.

Magnolia Motor Lounge is not the Public Library, it’s a privately owned bar and restaurant and as such we enforce a very strict “No Whining” policy. We’re sorry if you’re easily offended by a Cool Vibe, Cold Beer, and throngs of screaming fans, but if you feel the need to be in total control over your environment, then you really need to stay at home.

Additionally, at Magnolia Motor Lounge the customer is “NOT” always right. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone, especially if you break something, attempt to break something, are thinking about breaking something, or just being a jerk. We work hard to keep our little “Motor Lounge” an idiot-free zone at all times. So be warned, if you’re acting like an idiot, we’ll be glad to let you know right before we throw you out.

Mark Euckert – Managing Partner

Apparently this Mark guy owns 70% & has zero bar background. That page is about the most pretentious bull$#@! I've ever read for a new place trying to establish a foothold. I know the wife of the other 30% owner, but I hope this place goes up in flames simply on principle. Supposedly the only place they don't dog is Capital Bar because they basically share a $#@!ing parking lot & MML depends on CB's $#@!ing overflow. It's going to turn into a $#@!ing biker bar that none of the usual 7th St clientele will ever want to touch. $#@! them.
    Last edited by spystud13; 01-14-2011 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spystud13 View Post
    Regarding the Magnolia Motor Lounge, check out this page on their website...

Apparently this Mark guy owns 70% & has zero bar background. That page is about the most pretentious bull$#@! I've ever read for a new place trying to establish a foothold. I know the wife of the other 30% owner, but I hope this place goes up in flames simply on principle. Supposedly the only place they don't dog is Capital Bar because they basically share a $#@!ing parking lot & MML depends on CB's $#@!ing overflow. It's going to turn into a $#@!ing biker bar that none of the usual 7th St clientele will ever want to touch. $#@! them.
    Have you been there? That's the funniest thing about his stupid rant. The place is nothing like he describes. He makes it sound like it's some blue collar, rough around the edges joint like Underground Icehouse over off Belknap used to be. It's not. It's very carefully planned, and very clean, and frankly, very uncomfortable. I don't know why he's so worried about people breaking things. The crowd was so dull and boring the two times I went in there, that the only chance of something being damaged was if someone fell asleep on their chair and drooled on the furniture.

I like that he writes if you like the place, tell everyone. If you don't like it, tell him personally. Oh, and then go home. Because you're whiny. What a $#@!ing douche. That is not what Fort Worth is all about.

asshat spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class
    I haven't been there yet, but the fact he doesn't have a bar background (especially a FW bar background) is very telling. I don't smoke, but this is the wrong city to make people go outside. That $#@! just doesn't fly around here where damn near everywhere else doesn't care. We'll let them keep believing what they want to believe, & then we'll see how long before the "For Lease" sign is out front...

asshat HOOK'EMHOOAH Shaggy Bronze Club HOOK'EMHOOAH Shaggy Bronze Club HOOK'EMHOOAH Shaggy Bronze Club HOOK'EMHOOAH Shaggy Bronze Club HOOK'EMHOOAH Shaggy Bronze Club HOOK'EMHOOAH Shaggy Bronze Club HOOK'EMHOOAH Shaggy Bronze Club HOOK'EMHOOAH Shaggy Bronze Club HOOK'EMHOOAH Shaggy Bronze Club HOOK'EMHOOAH Shaggy Bronze Club HOOK'EMHOOAH Shaggy Bronze Club HOOK'EMHOOAH's Avatar
    how can you talk about fort worth and not have Joe T. Garcias anywhere in it? if its in the pages following number1, ill eabod and diaf. but this is a cardinal sin.

Because those of us that live in FW have all been there plenty, & it isn't special. For out-of-town guests, it is definitely a great place to take them for the whole atmosphere (especially in the warmer months on the patio).

asshat ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc has a gigantic e-peen. ludosc's Avatar
    Because those of us that live in FW have all been there plenty, & it isn't special. For out-of-town guests, it is definitely a great place to take them for the whole atmosphere (especially in the warmer months on the patio).
    this...there are a lot of places i'd go before going there...don't think its terrible or anything, just nothing to write home about...

What they said. It's amazing that people will wait over an hour for that food. I guess it's because they're chugging down margaritas while they wait.

Has anyone been to any of those other countless Mexican places in Northside by Joe T's? I am always tempted to stop, but I haven't checked any of them out except for Esperanza's for breakfast. I believe Esperanza's is tied to the Joe T's empire in some way.

asshat Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge?
    Quote Originally Posted by TornACL View Post
    What they said. It's amazing that people will wait over an hour for that food. I guess it's because they're chugging down margaritas while they wait.

Has anyone been to any of those other countless Mexican places in Northside by Joe T's? I am always tempted to stop, but I haven't checked any of them out except for Esperanza's for breakfast. I believe Esperanza's is tied to the Joe T's empire in some way.
    El Asadero is awesome. I need to make a trip there this week.

http://www.elasadero.com/

Bout to make my maiden voyage to Delaney's... Hope it doesn't suck.

asshat HOOK'EMHOOAH Shaggy Bronze Club HOOK'EMHOOAH Shaggy Bronze Club HOOK'EMHOOAH Shaggy Bronze Club HOOK'EMHOOAH Shaggy Bronze Club HOOK'EMHOOAH Shaggy Bronze Club HOOK'EMHOOAH Shaggy Bronze Club HOOK'EMHOOAH Shaggy Bronze Club HOOK'EMHOOAH Shaggy Bronze Club HOOK'EMHOOAH Shaggy Bronze Club HOOK'EMHOOAH Shaggy Bronze Club HOOK'EMHOOAH Shaggy Bronze Club HOOK'EMHOOAH's Avatar
    i thought that was the point of this thread. visitors coming to FW to have a good time and experience what it has to offer?

Quote Originally Posted by HOOK'EMHOOAH View Post
    i thought that was the point of this thread. visitors coming to FW to have a good time and experience what it has to offer?
    The point of the thread is that Ft. Worth is growing, evolving, changing...

spring in fort worth is perfect.

if you're planning on visiting, make sure you do it then.

Didn't make it to Delaney's, heard it sucked again. I'm a big, big fan of Durty Crow though. Told a bartender I loved her as she took my $...

Heading to Fred's for a some grilled quail and eggs with a little live music on the stage.

Didn't make it to Delaney's, heard it sucked again. I'm a big, big fan of Durty Crow though. Told a bartender I loved her as she took my $...
    Delaney's sucks ass. It's too bad it's got such a prominent location on W. 7th. I can see into the future...when Delaney's has been closed down and replaced with a Chili's.

Delaney's feels like a bar for people who don't like going to bars. It's really more of a restaurant anyway. There's not much bar space, but a $#@!load of tables. I went a week or so after it opened. Sat at the bar, and the chick bartender avoided eye contact with me as she walked back and forth for about 5 minutes. Bad first impression. Finally got her to pour me a beer. Fish and chips was ok. The menu is hilarious, I think they have at least one offering of every kind of cuisine in the world. It's ridiculous. Find something you're good at and stick to it.

The smartest move they made is to serve food late. I haven't been there late-night, but I'll bet a lot of people go in there to eat and sober up before heading home.

I still haven't been to Durty Crow. I need to change that, soon.

The Crow is smart... They hired a bunch of chicks with big ol' tits.

The Crow is smart... They hired a bunch of chicks with big ol' tits.
    Hmmm, now I definitely need to investigate.

Hmmm, now I definitely need to investigate.
    I think I need to make this happen to. The only thing I do not like is the bar is tucked in the corner and it seems that the bar area is slammed and hard to wiggle in to get a drink and there is not that many people in there.

Fred's slammed hard today. They had a special that I went with 8 oz Ribeye, Chile Relleno, 2 eggs, skillet potatoes, biscuit and gravy.

Yeah, sometimes it's a little difficult to get a drink when it's crowded, but it usually starts to clear out around 1 (on Saturdays, at least)...

TornACL,

Glad Salsa Limon got good reviews. I had some more this weekend. Tasty $#@!.

Anyone who goes to Joe T's for the food hasn't ever been there. Anyone who can't understand why you go there is a $#@!ing idiot. It is one of the most unique dining atmospheres you can experience. I took the owner of Blue Sushi there and I'm usually nervous taking a restraunt owner to somewhere like that and he thought it was amazing. Of course he thought the food was average at best but anyone in that business has to be in awe of what that place cranks out.

Esperanza's breakfast kicks all sorts of ass and yes it's in the Joe T's family.

Every time I go to W7th, there's a 1+ hour wait for Patrizio's and you can sit immediately at Delaney's. That place is toast.

I still want to try Fireside Pies and spystud has me wanting to check out the Crow.

Separate post for this question...what are your plans for the Super Bowl week? Fort Worth is going to be going absolutely ape $#@!. The poontang will be everywhere. I'm going to Sushi Blue the Sat night before the SB and I'm planning to go out that Fri night as well. That might be a great night for Joe T's.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Wesley View Post
    Separate post for this question...what are your plans for the Super Bowl week? Fort Worth is going to be going absolutely ape $#@!. The poontang will be everywhere. I'm going to Sushi Blue the Sat night before the SB and I'm planning to go out that Fri night as well. That might be a great night for Joe T's.
    I can't wait. When the SB was in Houston I was getting wild ass phone calls from my friends in Houston at all hours of the night. I think they went out every night of SB week. I don't know where I'll be going yet, but I'll be out. Unfortunately I can't take any days off that week.

I can't wait. When the SB was in Houston I was getting wild ass phone calls from my friends in Houston at all hours of the night. I think they went out every night of SB week. I don't know where I'll be going yet, but I'll be out. Unfortunately I can't take any days off that week.
    I bet Whiskey & Rye, the bar inside the Omni hotel will be nuts since the AFC is staying there. Anywhere in and around Sundance Square will be a scene as well.

I have not decided yet. We started hosting a Super Bowl party in college and I have not missed one since 2000. Over the years it has gone downhill as people have started getting married and having kids. Now they show up 30 minutes before kick and leave right after the game while I still want to party all day. I am having a hard time justifying going down there this year with the Super Bowl in my back yard, so I am still up in the air.

Starting this weekend there will be a brand new barbeque trailer called "Holy Smokes" in the Shamrock parking lot... I'm pretty good friends with the owners' daughter, but I've never sampled their food. Supposedly the trailer is pretty badass, so hopefully things work out well for them. The Stock Show being in town certainly can't hurt.

The Stock Show being in town certainly can't hurt.
    This + super bowl = FW is on fire. We live in a kick ass town.

ate at salsa fuego for lunch. it was the place named by texas monthly as one of the top mex places in the state. i had the brisket tacos and they were good. not salsa limon good, but they were good. i ate with a CRE leasing broker who said Salsa Limon is a restaurant in the hispanic mall on I-35 south of Berry. I bet they have other fantastic $#@! there. anyway, i recommend salsa fuego but don't expect it to be one of the top places you've ever eaten at in Texas.

When you first posted about Salsa Limon I went to their website and saw the South FW location.

http://www.salsalimon.com/0186be3.ne...lsa_limon.html

I'll have to check out the flagship location sometime. Bringing this thread back up also reminds me I need to look for that bbq truck behind the Shamrock. Is that gonna be a weekends-only kind of deal, or permanent like Taco Heads?

Bringing this thread back up also reminds me I need to look for that bbq truck behind the Shamrock. Is that gonna be a weekends-only kind of deal, or permanent like Taco Heads?
    Weekends for now... I didn't make it to 7th this past weekend, but apparently they killed it even with the $#@!ty weather. They already know they have to buy more product based on the demand.

This is going to be a fun week to be in Fort Worth. I am committed to our Super Bowl party in Austin, so I will be heading out of town on Saturday which may be a mistake. I noticed a new website ( www.visit7th.com) on a banner at 7th Haven.

I hate that this bad weather is going to come in the next couple of days. I am trying to decide what I am going to do this week.

the high is supposed to be 21 degs on Weds. 21 $#@!ing degs...as the high? i love me some cold fronts but that is bull$#@!.

Accuweather is projecting even colder than that. They're saying high of 14, low of 9.

$#@!ing nine.

I am planning on going to Rahr on Wednesday for the tour with some friends.

Is anybody going to the Recruiting Roundup at Joe T's on Thursday at lunch? I am planning on it.

I have printed off a map of down town Fort Worth and I am going to grab a drink at every bar marking them off as I make my way around down town. Sounds like a prefect way to spend a cold, icy day.

asshat scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce's Avatar
    Is anybody going to the Recruiting Roundup at Joe T's on Thursday at lunch? I am planning on it.
    what is recruiting round up?

asshat Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light's Avatar
    I have printed off a map of down town Fort Worth and I am going to grab a drink at every bar marking them off as I make my way around down town. Sounds like a prefect way to spend a cold, icy day.
    we hit 23 bars one night for a pub crawl

One of my good buddies is playing a show at Fred's at 7pm on Friday if anybody is looking for something to do. The band is called St. Cloud and is made up of my friend Shane Walker (formerly with the Gougers) and Brian Beken (formerly of the South Austin Jug Band).

About them.....

http://www.austin360.com/music/st-cl...olk-41278.html

Some tunes....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1Chi...eature=related

I'll help you out, lot of lazy FW-types around here...

I was over on 7th today...saw they are starting construction on the in-n-out burgers that's gonna be over there...cant wait...

i will go to in and out in honor of lebowski but if i'm getting a burger in fort worth it's going to be fred's.

asshat scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce's Avatar
    Man, I love Fred's steak fries. Their burgers are good too. Dieting sucks at times.

Thoughts on March Madness watching in Cowtown? I have Friday off, and I'm thinking about going out somewhere for at least some of the day action, especially our early game.

Typically I'd just go to the Rooster, but I'm not real comfortable about that TV situation in there. Works well for NFL Sunday Ticket when they have someone manning the remote, but the rest of the staff there isn't real adept at working the TVs/sound/etc. It's not a sports bar first and foremost, so I don't hold it against them.

The Pour House is the obvious answer, thanks, but I'm not a gigantic fan of that place.

What about Buffalo Bros. Still never been there. There's also that 'new' place over on Bluebonnet Circle that used to be Ocean Rock. No idea what their TV setup is in there. Someone said it's a sports bar, but sometimes "someone" is an idiot.

Let's hear your ideas. If anyone wants to get a Shaggy nerd herd together somewhere that's cool too.

Buffalo Bros. has pretty good food, but not a great game-watching place either. Haven't heard about the new place on Bluebonnet, you know the name? I always thought Ocean Rock was pretty solid too.

Woody's is my favorite sports bar, but it's a little SW of most of you... They don't serve food, but you can bring anything in. There's a Joe's Pizza & Pasta right next door.

Woody's is a great suggestion. Like that place a lot. I just tend to get really...tired...in there.

I may end up there if I can have a little pre-game talk with myself before hand to keep my $#@! together so I can get home in one piece.

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 4 of 81 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 ... LastLast