+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 84 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Fort Worth is exploding

asshat TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL's Avatar
    The place on Bluebonnet is Rock Bottom Bar & Grill

It's supposed to be mid-80s on Friday. You know what I need? I need a place with a patio, and TVs on said patio. I know I'm reaching for the stars now, but maybe the collective Shaggy Cowtown wisdom can pick me out a winner.

asshat spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class
    Yeah, just read the FW Weekly review of Rock Bottom... Sounds pretty standard, but $2.50 double wells ain't too bad.

The problem with most patios around here is the lack of TV options. Can't think of a good one for MM yet.

asshat Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light's Avatar
    go to Ojos Locos DownTown. great place to watch multiple games

Just saw Tron Legacy at the Omni Theatre. The movie sucked but it was awesome at the Omni. They sell popcorn and sodas there now, too. Crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Light View Post
    go to Ojos Locos DownTown. great place to watch multiple games
    i've heard it's like hooters with a bunch of mexican chicks no racist. i live right by rock bottom and it's just ok. not necessarily what i'd call a sports bar but they do have TVs. wouldn't consider it a place where i'd hunker down for a few hours and watch the tourny.

i think the fox and the hound downtown isn't bad especially for something like the tourny. they will have all the multiple games on everywhere so you can watch whatever you'd like.

asshat TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL's Avatar
    No one told me that Frankie's actually opened a location in downtown Fort Worth. I heard some idiot say that during Super Bowl week, but I was sure he was full of $#@!.

I feel kind of dirty about supporting Dallas joints that open up a satellite location in Cowtown...I'd prefer we have more places unique to Ft Worth...but I really like the Frankie's in Dallas. And if I recall, Frankie's was usually good about having a patio and multiple TVs out on said patio. Which is a bonus.

3rd and Lamar in Sundance Square. Going to scout it out tonight after work.

asshat spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class
    I heard the all-nude, BYOB Jaguars in Arlington changed names & is now an Asian strip club... Anyone confirm?

Cowboys and Texans fan ! tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt probably preboards planes tx 3 putt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spystud13 View Post
    I heard the all-nude, BYOB Jaguars in Arlington changed names & is now an Asian strip club... Anyone confirm?

i need a scouting report on this ASAP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

asshat Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge?
    I would still put the Rooster high on my list as they will put on the sound and you should have control over any TV. Pour House would be the best option for TV's.

I have been to Ojos Locos and really liked it. They had some series talent in there and it should be a good place to watch a game. I would be interested in the scouting report Frankie's.

I'm going to go to Frankie's tomorrow and do a dry run in there. Knowing me, my lazy ass will just end up at the Rooster.

asshat Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge?
    For the record, I think Rock Bottom blows.

Quote Originally Posted by Beef View Post
    For the record, I think Rock Bottom blows.
    agreed. respectable price but nothing about the food makes me want to go back and i could very easily walk with my family there and enjoy a nice evening on a patio. they could help by hiring hotter staff but none of those rich tcu chicks need jobs.

hipster lounge on W7th

i'm expecting a couple of you hipsters will be frequenting this joint.

asshat dmtx slams and goes hard. dmtx slams and goes hard. dmtx slams and goes hard. dmtx slams and goes hard. dmtx slams and goes hard. dmtx slams and goes hard. dmtx slams and goes hard. dmtx slams and goes hard. dmtx slams and goes hard. dmtx slams and goes hard. dmtx slams and goes hard.
    Great... woohoo... well you know, I never see Poag Mahones very crowded and My Martini doesn't cater to this crowd well enough... I guess they're seeing how crowded The Durty Crow is with all the derty's....

On a positive note, In-N-Out is moving some dirt on W 7th... and do I have to pronounce Foch St like fawsh? supposedly this is correct. For years I always pronounced it fawch.

Quote Originally Posted by dmtx View Post
    Great... woohoo... well you know, I never see Poag Mahones very crowded and My Martini doesn't cater to this crowd well enough... I guess they're seeing how crowded The Durty Crow is with all the derty's....

On a positive note, In-N-Out is moving some dirt on W 7th... and do I have to pronounce Foch St like fawsh? supposedly this is correct. For years I always pronounced it fawch.

Are you referring to M Lounge next to La Familia or something else? And I've always thought Foch was pronounced like you did.

asshat dmtx slams and goes hard. dmtx slams and goes hard. dmtx slams and goes hard. dmtx slams and goes hard. dmtx slams and goes hard. dmtx slams and goes hard. dmtx slams and goes hard. dmtx slams and goes hard. dmtx slams and goes hard. dmtx slams and goes hard. dmtx slams and goes hard.
    Are you referring to M Lounge next to La Familia or something else? And I've always thought Foch was pronounced like you did.
    damn, I just know it by the big M... a couple of the ads running and write-ups says it fawsh, but then I also heard it was fO-sh.. furk me

Regardless of what it's called, that martini bar we're talking about is boring as $#@!.

Regardless of what it's called, that martini bar we're talking about is boring as $#@!.
    I call it $#@! Street. Because it startles people. And every city should have a $#@! Street.

When that M bar opened, I gave it 6 weeks. Can't believe it lasted as long as it did. Is it a joke that the "ultra lounge" is named Wired Willie's? That doesn't sound at all like an ultra lounge to me.

Maybe the ultra lounge moniker was a total joke. And it won't be like that at all. If so, they're alright in my book.

Also, is Durty Crow really hipster? It's about as generic a bar as you can get. It's not really a bad place, decent beer selection, decent scenery. But nothing really stands out about it to make me want to put it into the regular rotation. I didn't see any hipsters in there, either.

In other news Poag Mahones is building a rather large back patio, which is complete (but with no furniture when I drove by yesterday). And I will be stopping at Frankie's this evening on the way home. Report coming later tonight.

I don't think the Crow is hipster at all, but I've liked it the 3-4 Saturdays I've been there.

Went to Frankie's Fort Worth tonight for a couple of beers. Thoughts....

- Best TV setup in town. Discussion over. Holy hell. There are at least 55 flat screens in there, 2 projector screens. On an NFL Sunday you could sit at the bar, and see all games that are on at that time, without turning around or even straining your neck. The bar has twelve TVs located inside the bar area... with the right angle and the right channels you can see all the Sunday Ticket action at once. HUGE bonus points there.

- Other than that it's as generic as can be. Feels like a hotel bar. You could be in anytown, usa. Very chain-y.

- I know it was just UTSA-Alabama $#@!all State, but they didn't have that game on any of the countless TVs. I checked. They run your typical clipboard-schedule, Fox-n-Hound kind of scheduling of the TVs. The fact that no one thought to put the first round tourney games on any of the TVs makes me nervous about how these guys can pull off a huge sports day.

- Didn't try the food. Beer has about 20 on draft, your usuals. Stone IPA draft was the only thing that stood out. They offer 90 beers bottled, but 99% of them are either big brewery domestics, or foreign. Some crazy foreign offerings from Argentina, etc. That's cute and all, but I guess they missed the memo that American craft brewing is dominating right now. I can't imagine they will sell enough Xingu to justify keeping it on stock. Replace that $#@! with some Real Ale, Oskar Blues, etc. Get with the 21st century.

- There's no patio to speak of. They have tables and chairs out on the sidewalk, but you won't be able to sit out on a patio and watch a game.

Now work has gone to bull$#@! so I'll probably be watching tourney games from home and sitting on dumb$#@! conference calls. But if I can break away I'll just go to the Rooster. There's always the Rooster.

fucktard misfortune13 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares?
    I love join to this forum

I should be at the Rooster tomorrow as well.

asshat EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tx 3 putt View Post
    This. titty bar is on the list of $#@! to do opening day weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by misfortune13 View Post
    I love join to this forum
    welcome to hell, bitch. i hope you get aids and die.

Quote Originally Posted by EsTyne View Post
    This. titty bar is on the list of $#@! to do opening day weekend.
    Unfortunately, I've since heard it is also no longer all nude...

asshat Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light's Avatar
    went by the M lounge couple of weeks ago and it was closed. r they reopening? or done for good?

Spent most of the afternoon at the Rooster and they are gearing up for a great party tonight. It appears that all over 7th St. has a vibe going on today and going to go on well into the night.

Poag's & Shamrock will be $#@!ing packed.

asshat CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack Shaggy Gold Club CutTheCrackJack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tx 3 putt View Post
    This is horribly wrong. I was just there. Still Jaguar's....

They may not have changed the sign, but it's a Rick's property now.

^ Jack is probably talking about the one in Dallas. I'm a big fan of that place.

Yeah, the one I was talking about is now called Cabaret East. Probably not an actual Asian club, but good chance a lot of them work there... http://ricks.com/club/default.aspx?id=17004

7th St. was crazy last night. It was great to see so many people out and about. I spent most of my time at Fred's (buddy was on stage) and then the Rooster. The Rooster was not packed at all and had about the prefect size crowd in it. I think that it was hurt by not being with walking distance from the other bars (even though I make the walk all the time). They had a great band on stage from Reno, NV. I walked down to Durty Crow and Pour House and both places where slammed. I bet there was 100 in line at Pour House when we tried to go. I was not waiting, so went to Taco Heads only to find about 30 in front of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Beef View Post
    I walked down to Durty Crow and Pour House and both places where slammed. I bet there was 100 in line at Pour House when we tried to go. I was not waiting, so went to Taco Heads only to find about 30 in front of me.
    Wow. When all of this development popped up, I really wondered about the ability for FW to support all of these new establishments. Sounds like that fear was unfounded.

I have a conference call at 1pm so I can't booze during the Texas game but I think I'm going to beat the happy hour crowd into the Rooster mid-afternoon. From there, things are going to deteriorate rapidly.

agreed that FW is supporting the majority of these place and it's good to see. never thought pour house would stay that strong. it's ok, but the times i've been in there the crowd has been fratty, hipster, sketchy and a few older people who look out of place. just never figured out who they were targeting.

If any of you know Shea from Pour House, she sings karaoke every Sunday @ the Mule... She's dirty $#@!ing hot.

ate lunch at fred's today. slammed hard as $#@!. noticed they are building phase II of the w7th but don't know what's going in yet. looks like retail/resi.

For the suburbanites up near Keller, Fred's is opening a second location somewhere up near Western Center/I-35.

Not sure what to think of this.

Quote Originally Posted by TornACL View Post
    For the suburbanites up near Keller, Fred's is opening a second location somewhere up near Western Center/I-35.

Not sure what to think of this.
    that's where I live so works for me

asshat bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club bularry Shaggy Gold Club
    A couple of Saturdays ago I spent about 1 hour and 15 minutes trying to drive from Addison to the Western Center exit off I-35. I have immense pity for anyone who lives near that cluster-$#@!. holy hell

There is a benefit tonight at Pour House at 7pm for my friend Laura. If you have been there before more than likely she has served you a drink. There will be lots of auction and raffle items (including a Mack Brown autographed football, Texas vs. Rice tickets, Augie Garrido signed baseball). Come out and help us raise some money for her medical bills.

asshat scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce's Avatar
    friday, I tested out the Chic-fil-a they built in the Montogomery Ward Center. so good.

Now open, next to Durty Crow...the Crocket Street Bottle Shop. Funny because just a couple of months ago I was really wishing we had a nice beer store/liquore store with good beer selection.

From what I've read they will have a large craft beer selection. I am happy that I no longer need to open such a store. I just need to show up to this place and blow my money on their product.

Anyone tried Il Cane Rosso over at Times Ten Cellars yet? They setup shop outside every Thursday evening.

http://eatthisfortworth.com/index.ph...il-cane-rosso/

Last edited by benson32; 05-01-2011 at 07:28 PM.

asshat scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce's Avatar
    No, I haven't. i may need to give it a whirl. Times Ten is probably the best wine spot in West Fort Worth. Anyone recommend another wine bar? Is Cowtown Winery credited? I've been to Times Ten so many times....

Quote Originally Posted by TornACL View Post
    Now open, next to Durty Crow...the Crocket Street Bottle Shop. Funny because just a couple of months ago I was really wishing we had a nice beer store/liquore store with good beer selection.

From what I've read they will have a large craft beer selection. I am happy that I no longer need to open such a store. I just need to show up to this place and blow my money on their product.

The chick that works there, Amanda, used to bartend @ Baker St. We like her.

Quote Originally Posted by scomce View Post
    No, I haven't. i may need to give it a whirl. Times Ten is probably the best wine spot in West Fort Worth. Anyone recommend another wine bar? Is Cowtown Winery credited? I've been to Times Ten so many times....
    Winslow's on Camp Bowie. I prefer Times Ten though.

Quote Originally Posted by benson32 View Post
    Winslow's on Camp Bowie. I prefer Times Ten though.
    Ah, forgot about Winslow's. Wayyy too expensive for my poor self.

Quote Originally Posted by scomce View Post
    zambranos downtown isn't bad

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Light View Post
    zambranos downtown isn't bad
    I'm into beer more than wine, but I really like Zambrano's.

I went there a few times when he was getting off the ground. Make a few trips in there and Cef will make you feel like a VIP. It's a small place and he's got a great knack for customer service and building relationships with his frequent customers.

Additionally, he's very good at developing recommendations for any time of wine-drinker. There's no snobbery in that place when you ask for recs.
    Last edited by TornACL; 05-03-2011 at 05:55 PM.

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 5 of 84 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 ... LastLast