+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread: Fort Worth is exploding

asshat TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beef View Post
    "Pap's Blue Ribbon"

lulz

Quote Originally Posted by benson32 View Post
    Winslow's on Camp Bowie. I prefer Times Ten though.
    the one time i went there every single thing they brought out was bitter as $#@!. haven't been back since. i like winslow's but yeah it's not like i kick it there for HH every thursday.

finally made it to Chuy's for the first time and had quite possibly the worst service EVER.

asshat Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge?
    Heading to La Grave Field for opening day for the Fort Worth Cats. If you have never been, you really need to get out to a Cats game.

Looking forward to another fun season out there.

asshat spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class
    ^^^ $#@!ing sucks they lost Kincaid's though.

asshat Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge?
    Quote Originally Posted by spystud13 View Post
    ^^^ $#@!ing sucks they lost Kincaid's though.
    Kincaid's was selling burgers last night. Thursdays are $2 beer night. They put on a pretty good firework show.

agreed the cat's games are fun.

i know this is totally unrelated but i was at blue sushi sake on tues night and tammy dombeck was in there looking very blond bimboish. she has HUGE titties and looks much better in person than on television. would. lots of times.

asshat dmtx slams and goes hard. dmtx slams and goes hard. dmtx slams and goes hard. dmtx slams and goes hard. dmtx slams and goes hard. dmtx slams and goes hard. dmtx slams and goes hard. dmtx slams and goes hard. dmtx slams and goes hard. dmtx slams and goes hard. dmtx slams and goes hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Wesley View Post
    agreed the cat's games are fun.

i know this is totally unrelated but i was at blue sushi sake on tues night and tammy dombeck was in there looking very blond bimboish. she has HUGE titties and looks much better in person than on television. would. lots of times.
    word... i will occasionally scan chan 5 in the mornings to see if she is wearing a sweater

asshat TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL's Avatar
    Kincaid's was selling burgers last night. Thursdays are $2 beer night. They put on a pretty good firework show.
    In.

I have always wanted to go to a game out there. Great little ballpark.

asshat spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class spystud13 Probably Shaggy upper class
    Kincaid's was selling burgers last night.
    Sweet, thanks. For some reason I don't think they did last season.

The scenery at Capital Bar last night was in-$#@!ing-sane. And it will only get better as the weather gets warmer.

asshat scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce's Avatar
    The scenery at Capital Bar last night was in-$#@!ing-sane. And it will only get better as the weather gets warmer.
    One of my buddies bands (Po Campo) played there Thursday night. The drinks are fairly expensive for W7th but the vibe is cool and the patio rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by scomce View Post
    The drinks are fairly expensive for W7th but the vibe is cool and the patio rocks.
    Agreed on all points. They were some smart mother $#@!ers to build that patio.

I like Capital Bar, but it seems I always forget about it. I need to change that.

capital bar is great. only good patio in fort worth other than joe t's and no i don't like love shack.

i'd like to throw in a plug for zoe's kitchen on university for hawt ace. milfs, tcu chicks, etc all over the place.

Saturday night after the Rangers game I ended up at Shamrock until about midnight. Afterwards, I tried the Holy Smokes BBQ trailer that is set up in the back parking lot.

For 7 bucks you get a pretty substantial sandwich with both chopped brisket and pulled pork (named the Matt). For 6 or 7 bucks you can get one with brisket and jalapeno sausage.

They also offer other BBQ fare, but most of it is tailored, obviously, to the late night crowd. Think more bbq sandwiches and less 3 meat combos with potato salad and pinto beans.

I thought it was pretty good, although once it was in sandwich form it was pretty hard to distinguish between the pork and the brisket. Had I not desperately needed to eat, for numerous reasons, I would have taken a little more time and sampled each separately to see if they are worth a damn.

The place is never giong to compete with the brick and mortar bbq in town but it's a good option if you're looking for something besides tacos after midnight.

I think it is about time to setup a Shaggy Happy Hour in FW.

asshat bigup2dahorns might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bigup2dahorns might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bigup2dahorns might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bigup2dahorns might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bigup2dahorns might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bigup2dahorns might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bigup2dahorns might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bigup2dahorns might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bigup2dahorns might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bigup2dahorns might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bigup2dahorns might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bigup2dahorns's Avatar
    I think it is about time to setup a Shaggy Happy Hour in FW.
    (dallas shaggy) what the hell are you people doing over there!? seriously, i need to go check out this west 7th area, sounds awesome

We should have scheduled a happy hour for this week. This weather is unbelievable. Every time I go outside for lunch I don't want to come back to work.

Between Mavs game watching on Tues/Thurs and finding some patio time to soak in this weather on Weds/Fri, this is going to be a good week.

Quote Originally Posted by TornACL View Post
    (named the Matt)
    He's the one I know, the owners' daughter's boyfriend. UT alum.

We were @ Haven first that night before moving to Capital, Taco Heads was doing well as usual.

bunghole Cluck slams and goes hard. Cluck slams and goes hard. Cluck slams and goes hard. Cluck slams and goes hard. Cluck slams and goes hard. Cluck slams and goes hard. Cluck slams and goes hard. Cluck slams and goes hard. Cluck slams and goes hard. Cluck slams and goes hard. Cluck slams and goes hard.
    Wife and I are going to Colonial Saturday and staying downtown that night. What bars should we hit up? Is 8.0's still a popular spot?

When you leave Colonial, head north on University. Pass under I-30. Continue on northbound until you take a right at 7th Street. Up ahead on your right you'll see a bunch of development. Take any of your next three rights and poke around in that area and you may find something you like even better than 8.0. The aforementioned Capital Bar, for example. Fred's. The rooftop bar at 7th Haven (actually on the north side of 7th Street, not actually within all the new W7th stuff). The Pour House -- which is epic, bro on a Saturday night, if you're a douchebag.

While I'm not completely in love with any of the W7th places, I like them all ok except for Delaney's Irish Pub, which I find completely lame.

So just roam around this area and don't find what you like you can always get back in the car, continue heading east on 7th Street and continue on to downtown/8.0.

cluck, ACL has good recommendations. there's lots of places in the w7th street development. i'd also throw in blue sushi sake bar on the corner of 7th and camp bowie but it's not downtown. there's usually hot chicks ages 20-40 in there and the food is pretty good. i'd also consider it a little more "dallas friendly" than most fort worth joints.

for downtown, 8.0s is still a fun place but i have young kids and haven't been out downtown in some time. stay away from the library unless you want to get stabbed no racist. it's spystud13's favorite place and he will be there or pete's piano bar for sure.
    Last edited by Brad Wesley; 05-17-2011 at 04:54 PM.

Don't forget Red Goose, if English is your second language you'll $#@!ing love it!

Don't forget Red Goose, if English is your second language you'll $#@!ing love it!
    I have lived in FW nearly ten years.

I went to that place once. It's the only bar I've ever been to in Fort Worth where I looked around and thought to myself, "yep there's a pretty good chance I'm going to get my ass kicked tonight."

I've been to some real dives in this area, but no place had clientele as shady as the Red Goose. Especially at the upstairs bar.

asshat Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light's Avatar
    Capital Bar patio rocks. i take credit for it because i told the owner that he should expand it out into the parking lot when they first opened

do you do real estate investing for mazur?

I am heading to the 8.0 patio in a little bit. Tonight is Ray Wylie Hubbard with Ben Danaher opening. The ass has been pretty solid already this year.

bunghole Cluck slams and goes hard. Cluck slams and goes hard. Cluck slams and goes hard. Cluck slams and goes hard. Cluck slams and goes hard. Cluck slams and goes hard. Cluck slams and goes hard. Cluck slams and goes hard. Cluck slams and goes hard. Cluck slams and goes hard. Cluck slams and goes hard.
    I am heading to the 8.0 patio in a little bit. Tonight is Ray Wylie Hubbard with Ben Danaher opening. The ass has been pretty solid already this year.
    Let us know how that goes. There is so much ass running around the Colonial and all the related festivities. #13 on Saturday will be ridiculous.

asshat NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA's Avatar
    its always all about the ass with you cluck. neg rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    Let us know how that goes. There is so much ass running around the Colonial and all the related festivities. #13 on Saturday will be ridiculous.
    It was pretty solid last night. The overall number of ass was down last night, but it was still worth the trip. I think it might have had something to do with Ray Wylie Hubbard playing. Don't get me wrong, RWH was awesome. After 8.0 we went Taco Heads which delivered again. Then after a quick dinner we walked down to Lola's to catch Scott Copeland. If you have not seen Scott Copeland at Lola's on a Wednesday you are really missing out.

asshat scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce's Avatar
    Heh! I saw a golf cart headed down 7th recently. You know the Colonial is here!

Quote Originally Posted by NOMAAA View Post
    its always all about the ass with you cluck. neg rep.
    You're right.

Delaney's has closed its doors.

Delaney's Irish Pub, which tried to serve everything from bangers and mash to osso bucco in a 9,000-square-foot West7th anchor space, has closed.

Fans of the original Delaney's location in McKinney praised it as a "neighborhood treasure," but the Fort Worth location seemed like anything but a corner pub.

asshat NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA's Avatar
    that place was too big. waaay too big. a fox and hound would be perfect there but there is already one downtown.

Damn, was it even open a full year?!

Delaney's sucked and I am surprised that it lasted as long as it did. I remember when the bad review came out in the FW Weekly when it first opened and it was pretty much spot on. I actually used it as a place on 7th that I would take girls out that I didn't want anybody I knew to see me so at least it was good for one reason.

Quote Originally Posted by benson32 View Post
    Delaney's has closed its doors.
    Figures it would be successful in Dallas and Collin Counties

Is Brownstone's next or do they have too much invested to shut down?

That was an easy bet.

It's going to be interesting to see what goes into that spot. That's a pretty premier spot within that development. And it will look pretty bad if that $#@! stays empty for an extended period of time.

But what can you put in there?

urban outfitters.

I wish Frankie's would have taken that spot instead of that odd location downtown. Yeah, I know Pour House is just down the road, but I've given up on PH as a sports bar. The weeknight clientele in that place is intolerable, unless you really enjoy sharing space with overserved 40+ year old transplants from Oklahoma, who are either awkwardly rocking the Affliction get up (stop stealing your kids clothes) or who are drunken busted cougars prowling the bar for either a $#@! or a fight.

Pour House is a combination of a sports bar and club. You can't have it both ways but the owner is a gay dude (nothing wrong with that) and it shows. Based on that combo I'm not surprised you are getting that clientele.

Not to cast a dark cloud on the thread, but am I the only one who goes to Fort Worth these days and feels like they're going to need an Austin style "Don't move here" campaign in the near future? Fort Worth IS exploding, and as a born and raised native, I'm not sure what to think sometimes. West 7th feels like "Dallas West" sometimes (and I actually really, really like Dallas -- but I don't want it in Fort Worth.) I appreciate all the new kick ass places to go, but sometimes I look at the all of the new hipsters and yuppies occupying them and die a little inside.

went to vip's for the first time last weekend. will not be going to vip's again. tried to hit up capitol for a drink and there was a line and a cover. no thank you. every place should be as good as the gingerman.

VIP's is definitely an acquired taste. Best to stumble in there around 1 when you're already feeling real good.

got there at 1. left at 115. doc brown and marty were not feeling really welcome.

Fort Worth Music Awards Festival on Sunday 6/26 at 8 different bars on West 7th.

Anyone going?

I'll be the guy drinking beer and listening to music. Come say hi.

bunghole The Royal We is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. The Royal We is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. The Royal We is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. The Royal We is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. The Royal We is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. The Royal We is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. The Royal We is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. The Royal We is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. The Royal We is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. The Royal We is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. The Royal We is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. The Royal We's Avatar
    In the neighborhood needing to use the John.
    I was in VIPs last Tuesday and it was just as great as it always is. Had the shuff table to ourselves and the Yellow Belly was cold.

Quote Originally Posted by TornACL View Post
    Fort Worth Music Awards Festival on Sunday 6/26 at 8 different bars on West 7th.

Anyone going?

I'll be the guy drinking beer and listening to music. Come say hi.
    i'll be standing next to you. the code word is eabod.

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 6 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 56 ... LastLast