+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 ... LastLast

Thread: Fort Worth is exploding

Caro's on bluebonnet circle is closing down and a new mexican joint is going in. i live right over there and never went to caro's. don't know one person who liked it.

Caro's

asshat NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA's Avatar
    caros wasnt good. bluebonnet donuts is about the only thing i will eat over there these days.

i hit that donut shop every weekend with my kids. slams. goes hard.

asshat TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Wesley View Post
    Caro's on bluebonnet circle is closing down and a new mexican joint is going in. i live right over there and never went to caro's. don't know one person who liked it.

Caro's
    BUT IT WAS THE HOME OF THE PUFFY TACO!!!111one

I don't know one person who liked it, because I don't know one person who ever ate there. It's probably one of those old joints that had a traditional following for 40 years but now all those people are dead.

Mexican food in North Texas is mostly terrible.

not Frogstyle froghorn717 Shaggy Bronze Club froghorn717 Shaggy Bronze Club froghorn717 Shaggy Bronze Club froghorn717 Shaggy Bronze Club froghorn717 Shaggy Bronze Club froghorn717 Shaggy Bronze Club froghorn717 Shaggy Bronze Club froghorn717 Shaggy Bronze Club froghorn717 Shaggy Bronze Club froghorn717 Shaggy Bronze Club froghorn717 Shaggy Bronze Club froghorn717's Avatar
    picking up pennies in front of steamrollers

Caro's

you mean there was something else on Bluebonnet Circle besides Qui Lounge?

Quote Originally Posted by froghorn717 View Post
    you mean there was something else on Bluebonnet Circle besides Qui Lounge?
    i think you are referring to the "Oui" lounge. there's unfortunately all sorts of fail in that circle given the location.

not Frogstyle froghorn717 Shaggy Bronze Club froghorn717 Shaggy Bronze Club froghorn717 Shaggy Bronze Club froghorn717 Shaggy Bronze Club froghorn717 Shaggy Bronze Club froghorn717 Shaggy Bronze Club froghorn717 Shaggy Bronze Club froghorn717 Shaggy Bronze Club froghorn717 Shaggy Bronze Club froghorn717 Shaggy Bronze Club froghorn717 Shaggy Bronze Club froghorn717's Avatar
    picking up pennies in front of steamrollers
    i think you are referring to the "Oui" lounge. there's unfortunately all sorts of fail in that circle given the location.
    haha. yeah I have been there about eleventy billion times and do that every single time i try to spell it out....

i just figured it was mench (mexican/french) kind of like gringos have spanglish.

asshat Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge?
    After being on the road the last month or so on business, I will be out and about all weekend in Fort Worth. I am heading to Tillman's Roadhouse on the patio tonight around 8pm where my buddy Greg Schroeder is playing. It will be interesting to see how the music goes on the patio at Tillman's. Then I am planning on sliding over to M Lounge where another friend Whityne Raquel is playing. It will be my first time in M Lounge.

asshat Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light's Avatar
    i went to M lounge last week for the first time since it reopened. apparently they were closed for remodeling, but the place looks exactly the same as it did before. actually its worse cuz they got rid of all the couches along the wall

asshat spystud13 Shaggy Platinum spystud13 Shaggy Platinum spystud13 Shaggy Platinum spystud13 Shaggy Platinum spystud13 Shaggy Platinum spystud13 Shaggy Platinum spystud13 Shaggy Platinum spystud13 Shaggy Platinum spystud13 Shaggy Platinum spystud13 Shaggy Platinum spystud13 Shaggy Platinum
    Yeah, that place is boring as $#@!. Wonder why it really closed for awhile? "Remodeling" is usually code for "TABC didn't give us much choice."

asshat Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beef might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge?
    I would not be going to M Lounge tonight except my friend is playing there. I plan to pop in for a few drinks before I continue my night. My buddy that is playing at Tillman's is really skilled, so if you need dinner and a show come on out.

where's the pussy going to be at? i'm married w 3 kids so it doesn't effect me but it's always good to know. i'll probably take my kids to get ice cream at that place on the corner in the university shopping center after work so you know my evening is full of kick ass. after that i'll probably go home and start boozing so i can get on the shag and bitch about rangers/mets.

My cousin invented the margarita that was voted Best Margarita in Fort Worth (CBS "Best Of", not sure how legit this poll is). It involves everclear soaked sugar cubes lit on fire. I'm so proud.
    http://dfw.cbslocal.com/top-lists/be...in-fort-worth/

Quote Originally Posted by whosehouse View Post
    My cousin invented the margarita that was voted Best Margarita in Fort Worth (CBS "Best Of", not sure how legit this poll is). It involves everclear soaked sugar cubes lit on fire. I'm so proud.
    there were 4 so which one did your cousin invent? and congrats to her. pretty cool.

The first one, the Turnerita at La Familia. http://www.dfw.com/2011/05/26/458560...ort-worth.html
    The margarita is featured on the 4th photo.

asshat Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light Shaggy Bronze Club Bobby Light's Avatar
    anyone been to the new Lucky Strike? I heard it was the tits and will be checking it out next week

Quote Originally Posted by whosehouse View Post
    whatever you do, DO NOT go to Love Shack for Margaritas. horrible, just horrible

I have some friends coming in from West Texas tonight to see their buddies band at the Cellar tonight. This will be my first trip there. I usually stay away from the TCU area, so we will see how long I stay before I head to 7th.

asshat spystud13 Shaggy Platinum spystud13 Shaggy Platinum spystud13 Shaggy Platinum spystud13 Shaggy Platinum spystud13 Shaggy Platinum spystud13 Shaggy Platinum spystud13 Shaggy Platinum spystud13 Shaggy Platinum spystud13 Shaggy Platinum spystud13 Shaggy Platinum spystud13 Shaggy Platinum
    Hope you're not very tall...

Quote Originally Posted by spystud13 View Post
    Hope you're not very tall...
    It was an interesting night. I guess I can mark it off my list, but not really my scene. Pretty solid day so far with brunch at Pour House, afternoon patio at Fred's, and a pool at Firestone. Now time to have a team meeting and hit West 7th later.

asshat scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce's Avatar
    Damn, why can't my friends be like y'all? I send out a dozen texts to my Ft Worth peeps and either no one responds or no one goes out.

Fort Worth Weekly music festival tomorrow. I'm in.

asshat TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Light View Post
    Fort Worth Weekly music festival tomorrow. I'm in.
    Who are you going to see? There are a lot of bands I have always intended to see, and I'm hoping to knock out as many of them as possible in one shot today.

Thinking about starting off at the Capital Bar Backyard and enjoy some of this lovely 180 degree weather with some cold beers before wandering over to Grotto and/or Lolas

josh weathers is always a good time, but gonna try to check out Hanna Barbarians, Rabbit's got the gun, and Burning Hotels, and snakey roberts

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Light View Post
    josh weathers is always a good time, but gonna try to check out Hanna Barbarians, Rabbit's got the gun, and Burning Hotels, and snakey roberts
    That is a pretty good list. I have mismanaged my 5 day bender and I am hurting today. I should have planned better so I could be out right now enjoy all the bands. I am trying to recoop in time to get out to catch the last sets and the after party. It's not looking good though.

I saw the Orbans and Calhoun and the Green River Ordinance cover band/goof off Snakey Roberts thing they were doing. Drove by Lola's and there was a line to get in, so I said $#@! that and went to Poag's.

Wasn't feeling that 9pm band so I called it an early night.

As luck would have it I have an 8am meeting tomorrow, so that played a role. This is a great thing FW is doing however, and it needs even more support although the event appears pretty popular.

Next year I'd like to take Monday off and do this $#@! right. Or they could do the reasonable thing and have the music fest on a Saturday, so that we may drink with clear conscience without worry of that god damn Monday wake-up call.

Mac's on 7th closed down yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by benson32 View Post
    Mac's on 7th closed down yesterday.
    This sucks. I liked to use the bar at Mac's for a date spot. With DeLaney's and now Mac's I hope this is not a trend we see.

That's a little bit alarming. Mac's always seemed to have a pretty decent crowd, even though it really wasn't my favorite. Delaney's is gone because it sucked ass.

Next few months will be interesting to see how places do in the area.

Did that So 7 Bistro close down already as well? I had heard really terrible things about it, so that may be another merit-based closure.

some of this was inevitable. too many places competing for discretionary cash in that area. i am wondering how sushi axiom is going to do in that montgomery plaza location given they alreaday have the one location by central market. delaney's sucked and from what i've heard brownstone isn't far behind. i hope gloria's makes it because the patio is nice and there's usually respectable bush in there.

asshat scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce slams and goes hard. scomce's Avatar
    7th Street may return to the ghetto that it was if these closures keep happening

Quote Originally Posted by scomce View Post
    7th Street may return to the ghetto that it was if these closures keep happening
    no way. some of these places signed rental agreements when times were good (2006/2007). the owner's of the W7th will be forced to accept less rental rates in order for these businesses to make it. the real loser is the owner of the development. the problem isn't the location of the restaurants, it's the fact there aren't enough $$$ to go around for all of them to make good on bad leases.

Yeah the idea it would return to what it was is extreme and completely unrealistic. They already tore down most of the body shops and warehouses so that ship has sailed. :)

Went to eat at Cat City Grill last night for the first time. Not too bad. Service was shaky and confusing at first , but food was pretty good.

Magnolia area doesn't get all the press that W7th does but I like what's going on over there. That confusingly-named Zio Carlo Magnolia Brew Pub looks like it is finally getting ready to open over there. I think they've been "coming soon" since 2009. But now the sign is officially up so I guess that means progress. I am going to be interested in this one...hoping for more good beer product in the area.

One of my buddies maybe opening a bar in the West 7th area. He's already priced it out--at least a $500K investment. His family owns property in the area and its near several bars already, so the clientele is there.

asshat NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA Shaggy Silver Club NOMAAA's Avatar
    i think the magnolia area is getting a citizen theater also. cat city is great, sit at the bar next time.

what 7th needs is a dive bar in that doesnt draw the capitol bar crowd. if anyone knows of one, let me know.

Yeah I am not sure another bar in the W 7th area is the best idea right now, unless someone has a really interesting idea, or if you're using a loose interpretation of "W 7th area".

Speaking of which, have we discussed Wired Willie's yet? Here's what I know so far:

- Originally described as an "ultra lounge" in between 7th Haven and Poag Mahones (same building as Poag's...far left side of that building owned by McEntire). That term had me completely disinterested, but then...

- Just when you thought Wired Willie's was a bizarre name for an ultra lounge, it then comes out that this place's hook will be to feature a lot of taps of microbrews, focusing on Texas beers.

- It will be non smoking. For you outsiders, FW still allows smoking in bars.

Thoughts? I'm going to be interested to see what this place finally turns out to be. Usually when you have a lot of different ideas, you have none. But we'll see.

Oh, and so far the place appears to have zero web presence whatsoever. Say what you will about Facebook, Twitter, etc. but in my opinion those are pretty essential tools if you want to get large numbers of people interested in your new place, especially if you're opening in an area with so much competition.
    Last edited by TornACL; 06-30-2011 at 01:30 PM. Reason: More

Quote Originally Posted by NOMAAA View Post
    i think the magnolia area is getting a citizen theater also. cat city is great, sit at the bar next time.

what 7th needs is a dive bar in that doesnt draw the capitol bar crowd. if anyone knows of one, let me know.
    Does Wild Rooster count? I don't really consider it a dive since VIPs is just down the road, but I would imagine some of Capital Bar's patrons would think of it as such.

I think Haven is more of a dive than Rooster.

asshat Dr Fear is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Dr Fear is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Dr Fear is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Dr Fear is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Dr Fear is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Dr Fear is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Dr Fear is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Dr Fear is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Dr Fear is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Dr Fear is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Dr Fear is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Dr Fear's Avatar
    Macs was NEVER busy at dinner and the lunch crowd was decent, but not great. People pack Gloria's and Axiom and you can't even park within 200 yards of the place. The right restaurant can work in that Mac's spot.

asshat Dr Fear is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Dr Fear is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Dr Fear is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Dr Fear is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Dr Fear is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Dr Fear is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Dr Fear is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Dr Fear is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Dr Fear is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Dr Fear is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Dr Fear is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Dr Fear's Avatar
    It is scary to see how dirty that place is in the light of day. Makes you worry about getting a staph infection.

Cleanliness has never been his specialty at any of his bars.

forgot about 7th haven. never have been there when they have had upstairs service though, which sucks.

I thought Rooster too, but I would not label it as dive bar. It is a bar that all people are welcome, all different types of dress with a friendly crowd. When it first opened I sat at the bar with one of the owners and the Rooster has became exactly the place they where going for. A place that is comfortable and people from all walks of life are welcome. It is my favorite place.

Just a little bit away from West 7th you have VIP. This is what I would call the dive bar of the area.

Tonight I have a date and plan on hitting Omni Imax (Tornado Show) then dinner at Fireside Pies and then slide over to the patio at Fred's to catch the last set of my buddy Greg's set.

When are are going to have a Shag FW HH?

asshat TyphoonSe7en slams and goes hard. TyphoonSe7en slams and goes hard. TyphoonSe7en slams and goes hard. TyphoonSe7en slams and goes hard. TyphoonSe7en slams and goes hard. TyphoonSe7en slams and goes hard. TyphoonSe7en slams and goes hard. TyphoonSe7en slams and goes hard. TyphoonSe7en slams and goes hard. TyphoonSe7en slams and goes hard. TyphoonSe7en slams and goes hard. TyphoonSe7en's Avatar
    Is 7th a dive or just a $#@!ing $#@! hole? Because of friends (Dr Fear, I'm looking at you) I end up in 7th all the time but the place is a $#@! hole.

Damn Typhoon, where the $#@! have you been hiding?! Haven't seen you on here in forever.

Does Fear know his girl Anne finally got fired from Haven a couple weeks ago?

Damn Typhoon, where the $#@! have you been hiding?! Haven't seen you on here in forever.

Does Fear know his girl Anne finally got fired from Haven a couple weeks ago?
    Was she munching up all the carpet?

Quote Originally Posted by Beef View Post
    When are are going to have a Shag FW HH?
    I think the Shag FW HH should be a Saturday afternoon gathering because damn I love a good day drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by TornACL View Post
    I think the Shag FW HH should be a Saturday afternoon gathering because damn I love a good day drunk.
    We could watch a day rangers road game.

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 7 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 ... LastLast