+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Pink Floyd Thread

Very excited. I'm sure he will make the US. I don't think he even played Texas last time he toured. If so he needs to make up for it.

edit:

He toured here in 2005 so my bad. Played about 10 US shows and several in the same city. Also no where close to Texas.
    Last edited by mrfloyd; 03-04-2015 at 04:24 PM.

asshat cajunhorn Shaggy Platinum cajunhorn Shaggy Platinum cajunhorn Shaggy Platinum cajunhorn Shaggy Platinum cajunhorn Shaggy Platinum cajunhorn Shaggy Platinum cajunhorn Shaggy Platinum cajunhorn Shaggy Platinum cajunhorn Shaggy Platinum cajunhorn Shaggy Platinum cajunhorn Shaggy Platinum cajunhorn's Avatar
    I will mortgage both kidneys and all three of my kids to get tickets to a U.S. show. Please, oh please Allah, Tom Cruise, Buddha, Vishnu, Teebus, Neil Degrasse Tyson, whoever, make this HAPPEN!!!

saw the 2005 tour in oakland. rick wright was in the band and they played echoes. it was everything i hoped it would be.

asshat cajunhorn Shaggy Platinum cajunhorn Shaggy Platinum cajunhorn Shaggy Platinum cajunhorn Shaggy Platinum cajunhorn Shaggy Platinum cajunhorn Shaggy Platinum cajunhorn Shaggy Platinum cajunhorn Shaggy Platinum cajunhorn Shaggy Platinum cajunhorn Shaggy Platinum cajunhorn Shaggy Platinum cajunhorn's Avatar
    U.S. dates now being announced. So far Seattle and Radio City Music Hall are on tap with more possibly to come.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfloyd View Post
    Very excited. I'm sure he will make the US. I don't think he even played Texas last time he toured. If so he needs to make up for it.

edit:

He toured here in 2005 so my bad. Played about 10 US shows and several in the same city. Also no where close to Texas.
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...-fall-20150304

Last October, Gilmour told Rolling Stone the record was, at that point, still coming together. "It's coming along very well," he said. "There are some sketches that aren't finished, and some of them will be started again. There's a few months' work in it yet. I'm hoping to get it out this following year. Then I'm hoping to do an old man's tour, not a 200-date sort of thing."
    I'm expecting another tour like the last one based on the above quote.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhorn View Post
    U.S. dates now being announced. So far Seattle and Radio City Music Hall are on tap with more possibly to come.
    Where are you seeing this? I'm only getting European dates. I looked into London last night and I'd need to drop 4 grand to make that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    Where are you seeing this? I'm only getting European dates. I looked into London last night and I'd need to drop 4 grand to make that happen.
    Let me get back to my computer & I'll link it.

Mr. White and others, my apologies, the info on U.S. Tour dates was mentioned in the comments section of a Gilmour fan site by a poster there. I cannot find anything official on what that guy was saying. My GF had read the comment to me and I thought it was something from DG himself.

Let's just hope that jackwaggon is on to something.

All announced shows sold out in about 4 seconds.

Sigh...

Not surprising.

Ok fellas...

David Gilmour will tour North America in 2016
    http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/0...erica-in-2016/

Edit: Nothing on the David Gilmour website yet, however.
    Last edited by cajunhorn; 06-09-2015 at 02:41 PM.

Innerdasting.

That first song preview was pretty strong. Looking forward to hearing more.

Not holding out much hope that I'll get to see him live. I'll probably just have to settle for Cajun's living room light show videos.

Yes that first song has great potential.

Somehow I missed that the first time. Yeah, that first one got into my bones quick. Also good to hear the interviewer saying that DG told him personally that the US tour would be happening.

Baited breath.

Well, while we're all waiting, came across this. Some kind of acoustic rehearsal of Echoes. It starts off so disjointed and then comes together perfectly. Love how these guys all communicate on stage w/each other without saying a word...

bunghole Shoxthemonkey is a rep whore. Shoxthemonkey is a rep whore. Shoxthemonkey is a rep whore. Shoxthemonkey is a rep whore. Shoxthemonkey is a rep whore. Shoxthemonkey is a rep whore. Shoxthemonkey is a rep whore. Shoxthemonkey is a rep whore. Shoxthemonkey is a rep whore. Shoxthemonkey is a rep whore. Shoxthemonkey is a rep whore.
    Damn, I miss Richard Wright. The call and answer segment at the end of that song always makes the hairs on my neck stand up.

According to this site Gilmour will play a date in Texas at the Woodlands. Date to be determined...

http://www.davidgilmourtour.com/tour-dates.html

I am going to be a bit poor after this event.

asshat UTCzech might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UTCzech might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UTCzech might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UTCzech might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UTCzech might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UTCzech might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UTCzech might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UTCzech might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UTCzech might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UTCzech might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UTCzech might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UTCzech's Avatar
    goin' down the grade makin' 90 miles an hour
    EPK for first single, coming out tomorrow:

also...

David Gilmour on BBC Radio 2 Breakfast Show - Friday Print E-mail
    Written by Matt
    Monday, 13 July 2015

BBC Radio 2Some advance notice for you - BBC Radio 2's Chris Evans Breakfast Show on this coming Friday (July 17th), which airs between 6:30am-9:30am UK time, "gets that Friday feeling going" with a range of guests joining Sara Cox (who is looking after Chris's show this week) in the radio studio for a chat, including our very own David Gilmour.

There is no indication as yet, what time during the show that David will be appearing. Most guests appear after 7:30am or so, although if David is an early bird he could appear earlier in the show!

BBC Radio 2 can be heard on DAB and FM radio, via Freeview, Sky satellite and Virgin Media cable, and via www.BBC.co.uk/radio2, which will allow listeners around the world to tune in. The BBC's iPlayer service (on their website, and on Virgin Media) will allow listening on demand for seven days from the date of broadcast, principally for those in the UK, but this does also work in many other countries.

Update: Polly Samson has confirmed, via her Twitter account, that the title track from the album, Rattle That Lock, will receive its first play at 8:50am on this Radio 2 show. So, well worth tuning in if you are able to...

asshat UTCzech might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UTCzech might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UTCzech might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UTCzech might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UTCzech might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UTCzech might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UTCzech might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UTCzech might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UTCzech might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UTCzech might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UTCzech might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UTCzech's Avatar
    Here it is, I like it.

I like it too but it wasn't what I expected. Sounds like Phil Manzanera had a pretty big hand in this song because it reminds me of Roxy Music.

Just got 4 seats for Madison Square Garden on April 11th. I am walking on a cloud right now.

If he comes to Texas I'll just go again.

David Gilmour
    Madison Square Garden, New York City, New York
    Mon, Apr. 11, 2016 08:00 AM
    Section 106, Row 15, Seat 2
    Section 106, Row 15, Seat 4
    Section 106, Row 15, Seat 1
    Section 106, Row 15, Seat 3
    Forgive me, I'm giddy.

How much were they?

$450 each

asshat tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone's Avatar
    Yiles

^^I'm thinking you meant to type "yikes" in response to those prices. If so, yeah, that's a pretty penny, but I will spend zero dollars this year on UT sports because of Steve-O, so I'm actually coming out ahead monetarily. Probably work a Cabo trip out of that financial redirection too.

Either way, I'm seeing David Gilmour in the flesh at least once before I die.

asshat Beavis Shaggy Gold Club Beavis Shaggy Gold Club Beavis Shaggy Gold Club Beavis Shaggy Gold Club Beavis Shaggy Gold Club Beavis Shaggy Gold Club Beavis Shaggy Gold Club Beavis Shaggy Gold Club Beavis Shaggy Gold Club Beavis Shaggy Gold Club Beavis Shaggy Gold Club Beavis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunhorn View Post
    ^^I'm thinking you meant to type "yikes" in response to those prices. If so, yeah, that's a pretty penny, but I will spend zero dollars this year on UT sports because of Steve-O, so I'm actually coming out ahead monetarily. Probably work a Cabo trip out of that financial redirection too.

Either way, I'm seeing David Gilmour in the flesh at least once before I die.
    You will not regret this decision. That's a promise.

Been perusing these forums where people are arguing over what setlist he needs to play. $#@! them. If Gilmour wants to get up there and play Baa Baa Black Sheep I'm good with that. Not one $#@! given as long as it's his fingers on those strings.

asshat AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    You will not regret this decision. That's a promise.
    Absolutely no regrets, even at that price. Gilmour is Gilmour. No other way to describe it. Saw some of Waters' concerts over the years, and no matter who he had with him, they weren't Gilmour.

asshat AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo Probably Shaggy upper class AtomHeartBevo's Avatar
    These guys are playing tomorrow night in Austin.

http://www.britfloyd.com

Normally I'm not one for tribute bands, but friends who have seen them said its just fun to go to and hang out with other fans and the shows are decent.

asshat mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost's Avatar
    Is Amused to Death by Roger Waters worth getting? There's a new version that just was released that's 5.1.

I saw a Brit Floyd concert from Red Rocks on tv. I don't think they are as good as Aussie Floyd. I'm sure Cajunhorn has seen them maybe he will chime in.

Seen them once and going again tomorrow. Got 6 front row seats.

I thought they were very good and enjoyed the first show I saw immensely. I'm positive Aussie Floyd is every bit as good, but there's nothing wrong with what these guys are doing.

Really liked their rendition of Sorrow, among others...

Oh, and I dug on the swine...

Last edited by cajunhorn; 07-24-2015 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mdmost View Post
    Is Amused to Death by Roger Waters worth getting? There's a new version that just was released that's 5.1.
    If you have it already, probably not. If you liked any of his other solo stuff or are a completionist, yes. He ranks it up there with Dark Side and Wall.

It's a concept album (switching TV channels randomly), and it features Jeff Beck on lead guitar.

Gilmour adding adding second date at the Hollywood Bowl and Madison Square Garden venues. Tickets on sale tomorrow on Ticket Master.

^^Wow, that's big news for a lot of people left out of the first set of shows.

Sooooooo I just got 2 tickets for the Hollywood Bowl show on March 24. So, ummmm...

$#@!.
    YES.

This will be the first time I'll get to see him live.

And one more thing....I highly recommend Seatgeek to anyone looking for tickets to sold out shows.

while browsing through the chronicle last week i learned that david gilmour's son lives in austin and has a band, matt gilmour's patient wolf. no idea if they're any good.

asshat tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Set the Controls View Post
    while browsing through the chronicle last week i learned that david gilmour's son lives in austin and has a band, matt gilmour's patient wolf. no idea if they're any good.
    He has to have at least some of the gene doesn't he?

asshat TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Set the Controls View Post
    that is interesting news. Gonna have to at least give them a shot.

In honor of the Apollo 11 landing anniversary, a little Floyd...

Imagine Pink Floyd providing the live background music for your nightly news program. That scenario was a reality for British viewers on this day in 1969 during live coverage of the Apollo 11 moon landing. As astronaut Neil Armstrong took his “giant leap for mankind,” Pink Floyd were taking a bold step of their own by improvising about five minutes of music to accompany the broadcast. Titled “Moonhead,” the piece was “a nice, atmospheric, spacey, 12-bar blues,” guitarist David Gilmour told The Guardian. The track, which is also known as “Corrosion,” was occasionally performed live by the band over the course of the following year. Pink Floyd had been invited to lay down the track at a BBC TV studio at 10 p.m. as the BBC covered the event.
    David Gilmour:
    We [Pink Floyd] were in a BBC TV studio jamming to the landing. It was a live broadcast, and there was a panel of scientists on one side of the studio, with us on the other. I was 23.

The programming was a little looser in those days, and if a producer of a late-night programme felt like it, they would do something a bit off the wall. Funnily enough I've never really heard it since, but it is on YouTube. They were broadcasting the moon landing and they thought that to provide a bit of a break they would show us jamming. It was only about five minutes long. The song was called Moonhead - it's a nice, atmospheric, spacey, 12-bar blues.

I also remember at the time being in my flat in London, gazing up at the moon, and thinking, "There are actually people standing up there right now." It brought it home to me powerfully, that you could be looking up at the moon and there would be people standing on it.

At the time, Pink Floyd had been doing rather well. For a while, the band had been somewhat erratic and its reputation was sinking. I joined in 1968, 18 months before the moon landing. By then we were beginning to climb back up again.

It was fantastic to be thinking that we were in there making up a piece of music, while the astronauts were standing on the moon. It doesn't seem conceivable that that would happen on the BBC nowadays.

It didn't have a significant impact on our later work. I think at the time Roger [Waters], our lyricist, was looking more into going inwards, going into the inner space of the human mind and condition. And I think that was sort of the end of our exploration into outer space.

We didn't make any songs out of the jam session. We did, on occasions, do music live that would be a jam session of some sort; that would have some structure which we would organise ourselves. And I've heard documentaries where I recognise my music. It's very odd to be watching a documentary and to hear something that you know is yourself, but you have no recognition of when you did it or how. I've never forgotten Moonhead, though.

After all, it's not hard to remember exactly where I was.
    Note - video is from Apollo 17 landing...

That is $#@!ing cool.

New boat attire coming in on UPS today...

That's all I got.
    Last edited by cajunhorn; 07-21-2016 at 11:03 AM.

asshat TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser Probably Shaggy upper class TheCruiser's Avatar
    You know how I know you're gay?

You have a rainbow percolating from your $#@!.

Cool trunks though.

Quote Originally Posted by tbone View Post
    He has to have at least some of the gene doesn't he?
    I'd say so...

And a black Strat to boot.
    Last edited by cajunhorn; 07-22-2016 at 07:20 AM.

Got $550 laying around ($700 if you use Amazon for some reason...)?

LINK

Full track listing pdf

Good morning Shaggy...

asshat HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso's Avatar
    Roger Waters was on WTF last month if you missed it. I thought it was very interesting.

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast