+ Reply to Thread
Page 1031 of 1133 FirstFirst ... 31 531 931 981 1021 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1041 1081 1131 ... LastLast
Results 51,501 to 51,550 of 56638

Thread: Tell me about Texas A&M

Quote Originally Posted by SHOOTER12 View Post
    You have got to be kidding me. Please tell me that's a joke/photoshop...something? If that's for real, I think I am coming closer to fully understanding aggy delusionalism than at any other time in my life. I cannot believe even the most dedimucated aggy would pay more than .50 for his autograph. Also, if a couple of those photos are real and not shopped, that guy will be dead in six months, tops.
    That's the selling point! You should hire on as their head marketer. "Hurry in today! Offer ends soon and forever!"

asshat Quasimofo Shaggy Gold Club Quasimofo Shaggy Gold Club Quasimofo Shaggy Gold Club Quasimofo Shaggy Gold Club Quasimofo Shaggy Gold Club Quasimofo Shaggy Gold Club Quasimofo Shaggy Gold Club Quasimofo Shaggy Gold Club Quasimofo Shaggy Gold Club Quasimofo Shaggy Gold Club Quasimofo Shaggy Gold Club Quasimofo's Avatar
    I think someone could make some serious cash by setting up bleachers watching the line. Sell beer, nachos, crap to throw at those in line...

asshat EZ$ Shaggy Bronze Club EZ$ Shaggy Bronze Club EZ$ Shaggy Bronze Club EZ$ Shaggy Bronze Club EZ$ Shaggy Bronze Club EZ$ Shaggy Bronze Club EZ$ Shaggy Bronze Club EZ$ Shaggy Bronze Club EZ$ Shaggy Bronze Club EZ$ Shaggy Bronze Club EZ$ Shaggy Bronze Club EZ$'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by updawg View Post
    He should have done it before Christmas.
    He's learned a thing or two from his car dealing daddy....that's tax refund time!

asshat modessitt Shaggy Gold Club modessitt Shaggy Gold Club modessitt Shaggy Gold Club modessitt Shaggy Gold Club modessitt Shaggy Gold Club modessitt Shaggy Gold Club modessitt Shaggy Gold Club modessitt Shaggy Gold Club modessitt Shaggy Gold Club modessitt Shaggy Gold Club modessitt Shaggy Gold Club modessitt's Avatar
    When he dies, you'll be able to sell it for $12.

asshat Francisco Scaramonga Shaggy Silver Club Francisco Scaramonga Shaggy Silver Club Francisco Scaramonga Shaggy Silver Club Francisco Scaramonga Shaggy Silver Club Francisco Scaramonga Shaggy Silver Club Francisco Scaramonga Shaggy Silver Club Francisco Scaramonga Shaggy Silver Club Francisco Scaramonga Shaggy Silver Club Francisco Scaramonga Shaggy Silver Club Francisco Scaramonga Shaggy Silver Club Francisco Scaramonga Shaggy Silver Club Francisco Scaramonga's Avatar
    Here's a sneak peek at the autograph session:

trm94
    11:20a

Sips have talent, and now coaching. Also, they play in a weak, weak conference. I'd have them ranked as well. A&M has no coaching, and plays in the hardest conference in football

What is there to be upset about again?
    Think someone might have been in a coma during bowl season...and the fact that a team from the weak, weak conference beat a team from the hardest conference, with identical records. But I guess aggy wasn't really trying hard because they were shut out of the playoffs, no one wanted to get injured before the draft, and Myles was held every play.

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/2...plies/48260387
    Last edited by UTWilliams; 01-11-2017 at 03:38 PM.

Here is a look at UT athletics financials for the 2015-2016 fiscal year (ending Aug 31).

With the new Nike contract kicking in as of Sept 1, 2016 UT will be the first school over $200 million once the 2016-2017 numbers come out this fall.

I talked to the Dept of Education people this morning and the database will all schools' 2015-2016 athletics department financials won't be ready until later this month, but I am trying to get the info sooner. From what I can gather, it looks like aggy will be around $120 million for the 2015-2016 year. They were at $110 million in operating revenues ($102 mil in operating expenses) for 2014-2015 (operating revenues do not include capital contributions for the Kyle Field project).

When aggy and Mizzou left the Big 12 for the S!E!C!, the UT Austin athletics budget was larger than both of those schools combined athletics budget. As I said, aggy's 2014-2015 operating revenues were $110 million, Mizzou's were $84 million. It sure doesn't look the SECN distribution for 2015-2016 is any higher than the first year distribution of around $6.8 million/school. The 2015-2016 numbers for those two schools combined will probably be around $195 million.

So, UT probably won't do it for 2015-2016, but for this year (2016-2017), UT Austin should yet again be generating more in athletics revenues that both aggy and Mizzou combined, in spite of the fact both aggy and Mizzou are members of the mighty S!E!C!, and both receiving those "gamechanging" SECN payouts. lol.

[NOTE] All figures given are in $USD, not redneck dollars

Texas athletics generated $6.5-million surplus for the 2015-16 academic year

Texas AD Mike Perrin oversaw an athletic department with $188 million in revenue, $181.5 million in expenses and transferred $10 million back to academics
    Posted January 10th, 2017

For a semi-retired trial lawyer, Texas athletic director Mike Perrin sure knows his math.

Texas, one of the nation’s wealthiest athletic programs, finished the 2015-16 academic year with an eye-popping $6.5-million surplus, according to audited figures obtained by the American-Statesman through an open records request.

Just two years ago, this was an athletic department that was $2.8 million in the red. It was the first time UT’s athletic department had lost money since the 1999-2000 year.

During the 2014-15 academic year, the program got back in the black with a $458,367 cushion. Now, the department is full steam ahead toward former AD Steve Patterson’s long-range goal of reaching $200 million in annual revenue.

Texas brought in almost $188 million in revenue and had $181.5 million in expenses, according to a report generated by the Austin accounting firm Maxwell, Locke and Ritter. And that includes transferring a record $10 million into the university’s coffers.

Only a handful of schools transfer anything to the academic side. Most athletic programs balance the books with subsidies.

In August, the Statesman reported that UT was on track to finish with a microscopic surplus of $1,241. “We are on sound financial footing,” Perrin said at the time. “It’s something that I remain concerned about all the time, both on income and expenses.”

According to the audited totals, UT’s football program alone brought in $127.9 million and spent only $28.7 million — leaving $99.2 million to fund the school’s other 19 varsity sports. That should be music to coach Tom Herman’s ears. He has strong ideas about expanding the football staff and renovating the Moncrief-Neuhaus Athletic Center.

Men’s basketball was the only other sport to generate a surplus ($8.4 million). Baseball usually finishes in the positive, but the program showed a $97,775 loss during former coach Augie Garrido’s last season.

Overall, this report should be well received by UT President Gregory L. Fenves, someone who trusts and still has high confidence in Perrin, according to UT sources.

Previous reports indicated that Fenves had begun looking at possible replacements for Perrin, who took over for Patterson on an interim basis in September 2015. That morphed into a full-time role. However, one source said Tuesday the process has not started in earnest.

Texas saw dramatic jumps in ticket sales during the 2015-16 academic year. The Longhorns had $37.4 million in football ticket sales compared to almost $35 million the previous year. Men’s basketball ticket sales were up $854,321 and women’s basketball sales were up $231,335. Volleyball ticket sales were up almost $150,000.

Overall, the Longhorns had $60.9 million in ticket sales across the board. Last summer, Perrin broke the school’s contract with The Aspire Group, a 32-person outbound sales calling team that charged UT a monthly fee of $26,666. Perrin has said he believed UT was better off by bringing those ticket-selling operations back in house.

The department saw a $3.16 million jump in revenue from program, novelty, parking and concession sales. Patterson began charging UT season ticket holders an additional fee for parking prior to the 2015 season, a stunning move that caught virtually all fans by surprise.

The Statesman reported in December that UT netted $1.3 million off alcohol sales at Royal-Memorial Stadium during the 2016 season. This report, however, does not reflect that revenue; it will show up in next year’s final report.

As for expenses, UT is not immune to rising tuition costs. The Longhorns spent $11.7 million on scholarships, compared to $10.6 million the previous year. The school also paid out almost $3.5 million in severance, a figure that may skyrocket next year after UT pays off the guarantees required in former coach Charlie Strong’s contract and those of his assistants.

Contact Brian Davis at 512-445-3957. Email bdavis@statesman.com.

http://www.hookem.co...-academic-year/

asshat Spur08 Shaggy Silver Club Spur08 Shaggy Silver Club Spur08 Shaggy Silver Club Spur08 Shaggy Silver Club Spur08 Shaggy Silver Club Spur08 Shaggy Silver Club Spur08 Shaggy Silver Club Spur08 Shaggy Silver Club Spur08 Shaggy Silver Club Spur08 Shaggy Silver Club Spur08 Shaggy Silver Club Spur08's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 686 View Post
    Re: the autograph signings:

I'm looking forward to see how many folk are lined up for this, its a win/win: for obvious reasons if its lightly attended; and if heavily attended, the sad fact that they are willing to support him/his sickness because its their only connection to any "success".
    Someone please, please, please get a selfie. Imagine what works of art Thuj and others could make with it.

asshat Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey Definitely Shaggy upper class Vic Mackey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Mackey View Post

Bottom row second to from the right must have been created in an Aggy lab. He is just too damn perfectly Aggy looking.

put another one on the wall!

asshat UT Lawnghorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UT Lawnghorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UT Lawnghorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UT Lawnghorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UT Lawnghorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UT Lawnghorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UT Lawnghorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UT Lawnghorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UT Lawnghorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UT Lawnghorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UT Lawnghorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UT Lawnghorn's Avatar

Bahaha. An Aggy would spend enough time studying for the bar to get the highest score on a P/F exam.

This is old and might have been mentioned, but I just came across this gem comment while looking for certain Photoshop resources:

Ben Kelly
    Mar 16, 2013
    Since you dumb t-sip writers don't want to look at the Wall of Champions close enough, the print under the '97 and '10 season says south division...nice try though!
    That would be cute and all, if the article's title wasn't "Texas A&M clarifies its cheap 'championship' claims, in fine print" and there's a whole paragraph:

In response to the ridicule that followed, the university has now appended the words "South Division" below the '97 and '10 claims on the wall to signal to passersby that they don't actually count and should be ignored. A fan who noticed the change during Saturday's game against Texas Southern sent in photos of the fine print to the website Deadspin.
    THE WHOLE FUDGING ARTICLE IS POINTING OUT WHAT YOU JUST SAID, YOU ILLITERATE HICK!

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...tball/20380157

asshat modessitt Shaggy Gold Club modessitt Shaggy Gold Club modessitt Shaggy Gold Club modessitt Shaggy Gold Club modessitt Shaggy Gold Club modessitt Shaggy Gold Club modessitt Shaggy Gold Club modessitt Shaggy Gold Club modessitt Shaggy Gold Club modessitt Shaggy Gold Club modessitt Shaggy Gold Club modessitt's Avatar
    Looks like a meeting of the Fivehead Club.

asshat el squared Shaggy Silver Club el squared Shaggy Silver Club el squared Shaggy Silver Club el squared Shaggy Silver Club el squared Shaggy Silver Club el squared Shaggy Silver Club el squared Shaggy Silver Club el squared Shaggy Silver Club el squared Shaggy Silver Club el squared Shaggy Silver Club el squared Shaggy Silver Club el squared's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmer_Fudd View Post
    Amazing: from WRTS to WTNY (wait till next year).

asshat MrPhlegm probably preboards planes MrPhlegm probably preboards planes MrPhlegm probably preboards planes MrPhlegm probably preboards planes MrPhlegm probably preboards planes MrPhlegm probably preboards planes MrPhlegm probably preboards planes MrPhlegm probably preboards planes MrPhlegm probably preboards planes MrPhlegm probably preboards planes MrPhlegm probably preboards planes MrPhlegm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by modessitt View Post
    Looks like a meeting of the Air.head Club.
    Dfhu

asshat el squared Shaggy Silver Club el squared Shaggy Silver Club el squared Shaggy Silver Club el squared Shaggy Silver Club el squared Shaggy Silver Club el squared Shaggy Silver Club el squared Shaggy Silver Club el squared Shaggy Silver Club el squared Shaggy Silver Club el squared Shaggy Silver Club el squared Shaggy Silver Club el squared's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Man View Post
    Or not. This gem is from Olin Buchanan on FB:

"If Clemson can win a national championship there is no reason to think A&M cannot. Clemson was once a perennial underachiever that routinely choked in big games. Clemson would not accept mediocrity under Tommy Bowden and has become a national power. Clemson is less than two hours from Atlanta. A&M is less than two hours from Houston. A&M even has more geographic recruiting advantages. A&M's fan base and administration must become more demanding and unwilling to accept 8-win seasons."
    Austin is less than 2 hours away from Brady, so there's that.

asshat texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia has a gigantic e-peen. texifornia's Avatar
    DL coach David Turner is interviewing at UNC this weekend. Hamm says other coaches are interviewing too. Please make your way to the lifeboats of the SS RumRunner in an orderly fashion.

bunghole Enchubben Shaggy Bronze Club Enchubben Shaggy Bronze Club Enchubben Shaggy Bronze Club Enchubben Shaggy Bronze Club Enchubben Shaggy Bronze Club Enchubben Shaggy Bronze Club Enchubben Shaggy Bronze Club Enchubben Shaggy Bronze Club Enchubben Shaggy Bronze Club Enchubben Shaggy Bronze Club Enchubben Shaggy Bronze Club Enchubben's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by texifornia View Post
    DL coach David Turner is interviewing at UNC this weekend. Hamm says other coaches are interviewing too. Please make your way to the lifeboats of the SS RumRunner in an orderly fashion.
    Too bad Texas is getting full on Steak and Potatoes to eat any of that A&M bread that will be transferring when some of these assistant coaches jump ship.

asshat Homesickhorn Shaggy Gold Club Homesickhorn Shaggy Gold Club Homesickhorn Shaggy Gold Club Homesickhorn Shaggy Gold Club Homesickhorn Shaggy Gold Club Homesickhorn Shaggy Gold Club Homesickhorn Shaggy Gold Club Homesickhorn Shaggy Gold Club Homesickhorn Shaggy Gold Club Homesickhorn Shaggy Gold Club Homesickhorn Shaggy Gold Club Homesickhorn's Avatar

Tell me about Texas A&M

If you click on that link, the majority of aggy were pretty realistic. Here was one I liked.

"Lost to K-State. New QB next year. Defense sucks and would probably suck worse without Garrett. Three starting WRs gone.

We're lucky to sniff top 50."

asshat maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack Shaggy Platinum maninblack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Homesickhorn View Post
    If you click on that link, the majority of aggy were pretty realistic. Here was one I liked.

"Lost to K-State. New QB next year. Defense sucks and would probably suck worse without Garrett. Three starting WRs gone.

Shaggy mole

-At WR they lose 7/8 leading WRs. Their second leading WR that's returning is Damion Ratley who had 2 receptions on the year for 26 yards. They lose Josh Reynolds who graded out as the highest rated WR in the SEC according to PFF.

-On the offensive line they lose both starting tackles (Eluemunor and Gennessy). Eluemenor graded out as their 5th best player on offense according to PFF. The two guards that return for A&M earned grades below 50.0 per PFF. Outside of McCoy at center, A&M's offensive line could be a total $#@! show next year.

-They lose their starting QB. While Knight isn't a great QB, he's certainly better than anything A&M has going into next year. Hubenak is terrible and that's the only QB with any experience at all.

-On defense they lose their starting DEs, best two linebackers, and best safety.

Not to mention they could realistically end up with under 30 upperclassmen on the roster next year. Any aggy that's taken a second to look at their roster next year knows they are screwed .
    Last edited by TexasStrong12; 01-12-2017 at 01:39 AM.

asshat crimsonlonghorn Shaggy Silver Club crimsonlonghorn Shaggy Silver Club crimsonlonghorn Shaggy Silver Club crimsonlonghorn Shaggy Silver Club crimsonlonghorn Shaggy Silver Club crimsonlonghorn Shaggy Silver Club crimsonlonghorn Shaggy Silver Club crimsonlonghorn Shaggy Silver Club crimsonlonghorn Shaggy Silver Club crimsonlonghorn Shaggy Silver Club crimsonlonghorn Shaggy Silver Club crimsonlonghorn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Texasborn91 View Post
    Bottom row second to from the right must have been created in an Aggy lab. He is just too damn perfectly Aggy looking.
    Ergo, he demonstrates the best qualities of Texas A&M.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasStrong12 View Post
    -At WR they lose 7/8 leading WRs. Their second leading WR that's returning is Damion Ratley who had 2 receptions on the year for 26 yards. They lose Josh Reynolds who graded out as the highest rated WR in the SEC according to PFF.
    [aggy] Ratley averages 13 yards a catch, that's like a first down every time he touches the ball! [aggy]

asshat TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Texasborn91 View Post
    All he needs is a hoe.

Yeah, but you have to realize aggy is at the bottom of the roller coaster right now. After blowing out Nicholls State and UL Lafayette, their tune will change.

asshat Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd grows his own roses Elmer_Fudd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UTWilliams View Post
    Yeah, but you have to realize aggy is at the bottom of the roller coaster right now. After blowing out Nicholls State and UL Lafayette, their tune will change.
    Nicholls State nearly upset Georgia last year, let's hope for a repeat performance against Rumlin and crew.

asshat crimsonlonghorn Shaggy Silver Club crimsonlonghorn Shaggy Silver Club crimsonlonghorn Shaggy Silver Club crimsonlonghorn Shaggy Silver Club crimsonlonghorn Shaggy Silver Club crimsonlonghorn Shaggy Silver Club crimsonlonghorn Shaggy Silver Club crimsonlonghorn Shaggy Silver Club crimsonlonghorn Shaggy Silver Club crimsonlonghorn Shaggy Silver Club crimsonlonghorn Shaggy Silver Club crimsonlonghorn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmer_Fudd View Post
    Nicholls State nearly upset Georgia last year, let's hope for a repeat performance against Rumlin and crew.
    You don't understand how this whole roller coaster thing works, do you?

Nicholls State returns most of their good skill players at RB and WR and QB Chase Fourcade, nephew of Ole Miss' John Fourcade. Fourcade played very well for a freshman. aggy better have their heads in this game or they will get beat.

LULZ

Is aggy gonna sACCede?

asshat Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DNAguy View Post
    Unlikely:

Ag ceiling next year is 9-3. Ceiling. 8-4 would actually be a pretty good year with who's returning / their schedule. 5-7, no bowl, and Sumlin firing is a definite possibility.

Auto wins over:
    Nicholls St (WTF?!)
    U LA LA
    New Mexico Lobos

Auto Losses:
    Bama
    Florida or Auburn
    LSU

Maybe loss/ Maybe win:
    Florida or Aubrun
    UCLA
    Gamecocks
    Ole Miss
    Arkansas
    Miss State (prob a win though)
    I'm a few days late, but I want to point out that nicholls almost beat an sec team last season. Was it Georgia? And New Mexico runs the triple option while aggy has no defensive ends or linebackers. So I don't know about declaring either auto wins.

asshat Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-a-holic View Post
    Ah yes. Houston. Aggytown.
    If that was a song, it would be by SIPPS, Inc.

asshat F250 Shaggy Gold Club F250 Shaggy Gold Club F250 Shaggy Gold Club F250 Shaggy Gold Club F250 Shaggy Gold Club F250 Shaggy Gold Club F250 Shaggy Gold Club F250 Shaggy Gold Club F250 Shaggy Gold Club F250 Shaggy Gold Club F250 Shaggy Gold Club F250's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Texaslong View Post
    LULZ

asshat drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117 Shaggy Platinum drew8117's Avatar
    LULZ
    God that's a bad look.

But Aggy, so expected.

asshat TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR Definitely Shaggy upper class TOR's Avatar
    LULZ
    Good Gawd, where do you begin. I guess bama is relieved to have the aggy remora off their $#@!.

asshat shnsajax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? shnsajax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? shnsajax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? shnsajax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? shnsajax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? shnsajax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? shnsajax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? shnsajax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? shnsajax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? shnsajax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? shnsajax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? shnsajax's Avatar
    I have never heard one person in my life call Clemson the Texas A&M of South Carolina.

I could imagine Arkansas St being called the Texas A&M of Arkansas buts that's about it.

New Mexico went 9-4 this year with a lot of good pieces returning. Running teams like that are also a terrible match up for A&M. That isn't an easy win by any means IMO.

wait, so does that mean aggy is claiming this title even though alabama lost? so confused right now

asshat MrPhlegm probably preboards planes MrPhlegm probably preboards planes MrPhlegm probably preboards planes MrPhlegm probably preboards planes MrPhlegm probably preboards planes MrPhlegm probably preboards planes MrPhlegm probably preboards planes MrPhlegm probably preboards planes MrPhlegm probably preboards planes MrPhlegm probably preboards planes MrPhlegm probably preboards planes MrPhlegm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by elfenix View Post
    wait, so does that mean aggy is claiming this title even though alabama lost? so confused right now
    Yes.

LULZ
    I thought it had to be photoshopped

wow

asshat Jersey Man10 Shaggy Gold Club Jersey Man10 Shaggy Gold Club Jersey Man10 Shaggy Gold Club Jersey Man10 Shaggy Gold Club Jersey Man10 Shaggy Gold Club Jersey Man10 Shaggy Gold Club Jersey Man10 Shaggy Gold Club Jersey Man10 Shaggy Gold Club Jersey Man10 Shaggy Gold Club Jersey Man10 Shaggy Gold Club Jersey Man10 Shaggy Gold Club Jersey Man10's Avatar
    Lol.

LULZ
    holy $#@! - aggy gonna aggy

I thought what was being quoted above was just some dip$#@! blog post or a forum somewhere. Not the front page of their athletics department Pravda.

Lock this thread up. We're done here.

Tell me about Texas A&M

At least they didn't bury the lead.

Yep, Clemson proved a small-town, historically mediocre, non-blue blood football program can rise up and win a national championship.

Therefore, coach Dabo Swinney’s Tigers proved that Texas A&M can, too.

Well, that’s what Aggies should take from Clemson’s 35-31 victory over Alabama on Monday night.

If Clemson can win a national title, there is no reason that Texas A&M cannot.

A&M and Clemson have more in common than despising a snooty state rival that competes in another conference.

For example, Clemson is less than two hours from a huge metropolitan area – Atlanta – that’s teeming with talented high school football prospects. That’s very similar to A&M’s proximity to Houston.

Clemson was once a perennial underachiever that routinely choked in big games.

Sound familiar?

“Seriously, until just two years ago – when the Tigers finally first reached the College Football Playoff final – Clemson was known for starting fast and fading late.” Seriously, until just two years ago – when the Tigers finally first reached the College Football Playoff final and faced Alabama– Clemson was known for starting fast and fading late.

In fact, the term “Clemsoning” (verb, to underachieve or disappoint) came into existence.

But that changed because mediocrity would not be accepted there.

From 1999 to 2008 Clemson’s was a mediocre program under then-coach Tommy Bowden. The Tigers finished no better than 9-3 (2000) and were 8-4 or worse seven times during his tenure.

Then midway through the ’08 season, Clemson officials grew tired of that mediocrity and made the switch to Swinney, a position coach who previously had not even been a coordinator.

There have been some rough patches. There have been setbacks. But Swinney proved to be “the guy” who could turn Clemson into a national power.

Clemson was 10-4 in Swinney’s third season. The Tigers have not posted fewer than 10 wins since 2011.

The secret to his success? It’s just Dabo being Dabo.

“Dabo is a magnetic guy, and he has a high emotional IQ,” ESPN college football analyst Ivan Maisel wrote in an e-mail. “He likes people and, more important, he understands people. He also has the same drive to succeed that all the great coaches have.”

Chris Lowe, an ESPN college football writer, agreed that Swinney’s success stems from his genuine personality.

“He is a master at relationships – be it with his administration, players, parents of players and other coaches,” said Lowe, who recently penned an article about the secret of Swinney’s success. “You can look at that by the way their recruiting has taken off under him, the incredible staff he’s been able to assemble and the way Clemson, as a school, has bought into him and is now spending millions of dollars to make Clemson’s facilities as good as anybody’s.”

TexAgs
    Under head coach Dabo Swinney Clemson has won at least 10 games in every season since 2011.
    Hmmm …. good recruiting, a solid coaching staff and an administration that’s willing to raise millions to upgrade facilities.

“His blueprint is a little different than anybody else’s,” Lowe continued. “It’s such an upbeat, fun, family atmosphere. That appeals to a lot of kids.”

No doubt, Swinney is well-known as an excellent recruiter. But compare his last five recruiting classes to Texas A&M’s.

According to 24/7Sports’ annual team recruiting rankings, both Clemson and A&M brought in top 20 recruiting classes in each year from 2012 to 2016.

Clemson’s had just one top 10 ranked recruiting class in that span (9th in 2015). A&M had two (5th in ’14 and 9th in ’13).

In fact, A&M’s recruiting class was ranked higher than Clemson’s three times in that five-year span.

But while Clemson has flourished, A&M is stuck in a rut of three consecutive 8-5 finishes.

Perhaps Swinney and his staff are more adept at developing players. Maybe they’re more effective with in-game decisions and adjustments. It could be they’ve just had better luck.

Not playing in the SEC West could be a factor, though being in the ACC Atlantic Division with Florida State and Louisville is certainly no picnic.

Maybe A&M is on the brink of breaking through like Clemson did in Swinney’s third season.

A&M’s 2017 recruiting class is currently ranked ninth by 24/7 Sports. Clemson’s is ranked 13th.

“Perhaps quarterback Kellen Mond will develop into A&M’s version of Deshaun Watson.” Perhaps quarterback Kellen Mond will develop into A&M’s version of Deshaun Watson.

Linebacker Anthony Hines could be A&M’s Ben Boulware. Receiver Jhamon Ausbon could be the Aggies’ answer to Mike Williams.

Maybe in the near future A&M will put it all together and finally win another national championship.

Aggies should aim for that. They should expect it. Heck, they should demand it.

Clemson did it. A&M should be able to do it, too.

Last edited by tonytexan; 01-13-2017 at 07:19 AM.

Did Jimmy Two Times rat out the mob too and go into witness protection as a aggy blogger?

asshat UT Lawnghorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UT Lawnghorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UT Lawnghorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UT Lawnghorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UT Lawnghorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UT Lawnghorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UT Lawnghorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UT Lawnghorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UT Lawnghorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UT Lawnghorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UT Lawnghorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? UT Lawnghorn's Avatar
    That article is just so pathetic. I don't even know where to begin...

Somebody's going to get boycotted. Don't these t-shirt making idiots know that the Ags run this state and have ample purchasing power?

bunghole BevoInGatorCountry is a rep whore. BevoInGatorCountry is a rep whore. BevoInGatorCountry is a rep whore. BevoInGatorCountry is a rep whore. BevoInGatorCountry is a rep whore. BevoInGatorCountry is a rep whore. BevoInGatorCountry is a rep whore. BevoInGatorCountry is a rep whore. BevoInGatorCountry is a rep whore. BevoInGatorCountry is a rep whore. BevoInGatorCountry is a rep whore.
    .aggy has a mental disorder called BIRG or basking in reflecting glory of others. Its real and its aggy.... If UCLA had won, they would be the aggy of California. If Rutgers had won, Rutgers would be the aggy of New Jersey. Its all about aggy, this story was aggy ready. Its who they are.. BIRG....aggy attaches to anything that wins, with pride... its aggy...

LULZ

asshat Orange&White Shaggy Gold Club Orange&White Shaggy Gold Club Orange&White Shaggy Gold Club Orange&White Shaggy Gold Club Orange&White Shaggy Gold Club Orange&White Shaggy Gold Club Orange&White Shaggy Gold Club Orange&White Shaggy Gold Club Orange&White Shaggy Gold Club Orange&White Shaggy Gold Club Orange&White Shaggy Gold Club Orange&White's Avatar
    I see how Olin wants to compare those recruiting class rankings but he fails to dive into the attrition of them.

asshat WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex Definitely Shaggy upper class WhoooTex's Avatar
    contributing to wrong and oppression and bad things
    Aggy is as good at analogies as they are at everything else

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 1031 of 1133 FirstFirst ... 31 531 931 981 1021 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1041 1081 1131 ... LastLast