+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 251 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: The Guitar Pron Thread

asshat MAROON Shaggy Bronze Club MAROON Shaggy Bronze Club MAROON Shaggy Bronze Club MAROON Shaggy Bronze Club MAROON Shaggy Bronze Club MAROON Shaggy Bronze Club MAROON Shaggy Bronze Club MAROON Shaggy Bronze Club MAROON Shaggy Bronze Club MAROON Shaggy Bronze Club MAROON Shaggy Bronze Club MAROON's Avatar
    for those in the market for a Gretsch, Hello Music has a deal on one today

http://www.hellomusic.com/ec/DealMain.aspx?did=14886

G5120 Semi-Hollowbody (Orange)
    $589

Don't know where the Partscaster thread went, so I'll put this here (yes, $#@! Photobucket, it always twists things around):

I finally got this thing put together. I had Musical Exchange do most of the heavy lifting, since I realized that even with the pre-finished body and pre-wired pickguard, I didn't have the equipment to make sure the neck was perfectly shimmed, nor did I have an easy way to drill the holes for the strap buttons.

Warmoth White Pearl body
    Warmoth neck (Maple & Indian Rosewood, 10" - 16" compound radius, 6150 frets)
    Guitar Fetish pre-wired pickguard
    '64 Texas Stagger pickups
    250 kohm pots (smoother)
    0.022 uF caps (brighter)
    Vintage 6-hole tremolo

Sounds great, except when I play it. $958.95 including parts, shipping, labor, and tax. The guy who did the final setup says it's well into Fender Custom Shop quality, which seem to start in the $2,800 range (discounted), so I'll take it. Maybe I'll spend the difference on lessons.

Faux Aggy hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew's Avatar
    That thing is beautiful. Love white guitars. Is it T-Bone? Ramjet? who has the (use to be) white Les Paul? I love how those things yellow over time. Rick Kurtz has a strat that started out as white and has yellowed over the years. Love this look.
    Last edited by hullabelew; 05-22-2012 at 01:43 PM.

I was going to go with a classic cream finish, but something about that pearl white was too hard to resist. It's almost luminescent, but not garishly so. I think the pickguard is my favorite part of the guitar, though. It's really gorgeous.

Faux Aggy hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew's Avatar
    Yea, that tortoise color against the pearl white is fantastic. Great look.

I'm looking at this one. It is one solid color...not faded like it shows here, but the thing plays like a jewel. Best neck I've ever played on a guitar. And the SSH pickups are really sweet. Great tone.
    Last edited by hullabelew; 05-22-2012 at 01:53 PM.

Very cool. I didn't realize the Taylor you were looking at was electric. Is that an ebony fretboard?

asshat tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone's Avatar
    I bought a new an alpine white 85 les paul custom. Faded to yellow after about 10 years. Looked just like the one Randy Rhoads played, except it had a factory Kahler tremolo.

Sold it and bought the black 96 one previously posted. Not sure why I did that, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by tbone View Post
    Not sure why I did that, honestly.
    Because you're a guitarist.

asshat CHIEF Shaggy Bronze Club CHIEF Shaggy Bronze Club CHIEF Shaggy Bronze Club CHIEF Shaggy Bronze Club CHIEF Shaggy Bronze Club CHIEF Shaggy Bronze Club CHIEF Shaggy Bronze Club CHIEF Shaggy Bronze Club CHIEF Shaggy Bronze Club CHIEF Shaggy Bronze Club CHIEF Shaggy Bronze Club CHIEF's Avatar
    Well, here is all my crap in a bad quality picture:

L to R:

Baby Taylor with Koa back and sides (discontinued). It belongs to CHIEF Jr.

"Elizabeth" Taylor D-300 Super Dreadnought 12-string, have had a couple of friends use her in studio for their albums. Was not in the market when I found her, but she sounded amazing so bought her home.

"Manuel" Rodriguez Model C- Gets played more than anything. Bought it for $250 from a lady whose husband had died. Sweet guitar, one of the last years these were still built in Spain.

"Freddy" Fender American FatStrat- Stock. Bought it brand new off of ebay for $450 about 6 years ago. Not crazy about the color, but was cray about the price.

"PawPaw" 1962 Gibson SJN Country Western model- My Dad bought it brand new in 1963 with his first paycheck from the Santa Fe Railroad, it was $225 back then, which was a $#@!load of money. He gave it to me when he started collecting J-45s. He has some insanely cool $#@! that he has bought, I'll have to get pictures.

CHIEF

Chief...Fantastic stuff. Thanks for posting. I would love to find an old J45.
    So cool that your have your dads old Gibson.
    Last edited by hullabelew; 05-22-2012 at 04:48 PM.

Great thread. Here's my submission. Currently figuring out what pedals I gotta take on a road gig that lasts through the summer. Can you say over the top and unnecessary? Also pictured is the board all that $#@!, along with a 18-loop true bypass strip, will end up being dual-locked on.

The blue strat is a fender cs neck and body that I just finished installing a Callaham Bridge/Raw Vintage Saddles on (def my fave strat mod). The red strat is a '62 that's been in the fam since '62. It was in damn good shape when I started playing it and I'm pretty sure it would of been a better idea to save the finish. It's also got a replacement neck that I ordered from musikraft as the original was running out of rosewood due to refrets. The 335 sitting in the background is the last of the three that'll be going on the road and the only guitar I have with humbuckers.

My main amp is an old blackface super in a head cab but it's in the shop getting new glass and filter caps so all that's pictured is my backbreaking EV loaded 410 cab that tips the scales at 120 pounds (overkill in a box pretty much).

asshat Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man's Avatar

killer $#@!ing gear

Chief........those are some bad ass guitars my friend.

That red Strat is beautiful! I was just looking at the Warmoth site and decided my next build would be a "Fiesta Red" body with a mother-of-toilet-seat pickguard and a maple neck. Kind of the fraternal twin of the one I showed above.

Good choice on the color combo. The Hank Marvin'ish fiesta/maple/gold HW has long been a fave of mine. That combo along with a well done Mary Kaye finish are probably my top two strat color combinations. It pisses me off how much easier it is to dig in on a RW fretboard. I'd probably have maple boards on on most of my strats if it was the same.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjazz View Post
    Very cool. I didn't realize the Taylor you were looking at was electric. Is that an ebony fretboard?
    Yep. They are using ebony fretboards. This is easily the best feeling neck I've ever felt on a guitar. The size and shape....I'm really not even sure what to compare it to. With the SSH pickups in this setup...I was blown away. The tone and sustain was fantastic. It is just a very comfortable guitar to play.

The other thing about these electric Taylor guitars is the pickups/pickguard are one unit and interchangeable so for about $120 you can change the pickup arrangement. You just unscrew the pickguard and screw in the replacement. Great idea...but not the reason I like this guitar. The neck is just a dream.

WWS, your comment about RW vs maple is pretty interesting. I've never owned a RW guitar. I just liked the look of maple more...and I hear people talk about the tone difference, but I can't really hear the difference. Never thought about wear and tear.
    Last edited by hullabelew; 05-22-2012 at 07:03 PM.

Here's a shot of my main collection, excluding 3 acoustics that aren't really worth talking about (Baby Taylor, Seagull, Epiphone):

From left to right:

Guild GAD-JF30 Jumbo (Asian knockoff that's ridiculously close to a Gibson J200 for well less than a kilobuck)
    Gibson SG Faded (bought off a guy in a skeezy apartment north of Anderson Lane, it smells like pot, I figure it's hot so I'm afraid to sell it)
    2012 Warmoth Partscaster (Guitar Fetish pickups)
    1993 Fender American Standard Telecaster (my baby, original owner)
    2000 Taylor 310 (my other baby, original owner, records basic acoustic parts like a dream)

Did you custom order that Warmoth neck? It looks like you went with 1 3/4" at the nut. If that's the case, how do you like it? I don't think I've played an electric neck that size before but I've thought about trying one out.

Quote Originally Posted by wwshornfan View Post
    Did you custom order that Warmoth neck? It looks like you went with 1 3/4" at the nut.
    No, it's 1 11/16". Straight off their existing neck database ($187).

Gotcha. You got a killer deal! I have a neck with the same Warmoth 10-16" and love it.

Have you ever thought about throwing a decal on the headstock? I made this one on Microsoft Word and printed on a standard issue HP with some waterside decal paper I found on Amazon.

Turned out pretty good and it wasn't very hard to do. I have some extra Fender decals that I'd be happy to send your way if you want to have the classic spagetti logo look (sorry in advance to any trademark law attorneys on the shag).

Yeah, I'm working on a logo for my "guitar company". (Ha.) Definitely don't want to pass this off as a Fender. That'll get a guy beat.

Is the decal you printed hanging in there?

You can tell a guitar player lives there. Picks on the floor in the corner. And that logo looks great.

Speaking of decals...any of you guys tried some of the folks who market their custom decals on e-bay? I have a Warmoth Jazzmaster/Strat mashup that's dying for a headstock logo.

This thread is pissing me off. I'm trying to sell my house and had to clean up and put most of my gear in storage. Nice pics being posting though.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad $#@! View Post
    Speaking of decals...any of you guys tried some of the folks who market their custom decals on e-bay? I have a Warmoth Jazzmaster/Strat mashup that's dying for a headstock logo.
    These guys are in the UK, but they're usually the best. From what I've heard, they'll work with you are custom designs be happy to send you various rounds of samples to make sure it's what you want.

http://shop.rothkoandfrost.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by hullabelew View Post
    You can tell a guitar player lives there. Picks on the floor in the corner. And that logo looks great.
    Thanks. I lived in Santa Fe, NM for a few years and loved it. Figured borrowing from both State flags would be a simple way to give a nod to both places.

I have pics all over my damn place. I have some kind of subconscious ability to scatter them all over the place while NEVER having one in my pocket when I want to try out a guitar or something. I think it's the guitar gods are telling me to drop the pick and go 100% finger style.

These guys are in the UK, but they're usually the best. From what I've heard, they'll work with you are custom designs be happy to send you various rounds of samples to make sure it's what you want.

http://shop.rothkoandfrost.co.uk/
    Those are the ones I was referencing. I've had a few folks recommend. But a Shaggy recommendation carries more weight. I'll let you know how it goes.

bunghole Tall Dark and Texan Shaggy Bronze Club Tall Dark and Texan Shaggy Bronze Club Tall Dark and Texan Shaggy Bronze Club Tall Dark and Texan Shaggy Bronze Club Tall Dark and Texan Shaggy Bronze Club Tall Dark and Texan Shaggy Bronze Club Tall Dark and Texan Shaggy Bronze Club Tall Dark and Texan Shaggy Bronze Club Tall Dark and Texan Shaggy Bronze Club Tall Dark and Texan Shaggy Bronze Club Tall Dark and Texan Shaggy Bronze Club Tall Dark and Texan's Avatar
    Chief, TBone, Jimmy; all amazing guitar collections. My jaw hit the floor when I saw those photos and read those stories. TBone, your tele looks a lot like mine, except mine's got a humbucker in the neck. Sunburst body, maple neck, and black pickguard = THE winning combination.

AnotherUTFan: How's that USA Tele treating you?

asshat Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock's Avatar
    Hot DAMN that is sexy.

That red Strat reminds me a bit of Pete Townshend's, which reminds me of a story an acquaintance told me: he's a studio engineer in LA, a Who freak, and for whatever reason managed to land a couple of gigs on keys with The Who. At some point, Pete's red Strat fell over and the neck cracked -- so this guy said he could fix it. And he did. Posted photos of it and everything. Guitar pron at its finest.

That's like the guitar repairman's wet dream. I bet he was nervous!

I love how legendary players always have guitars associated with them that are just as legendary in their own right. Though these two don't get much playing time, they hang on a wall by themselvese and serve as my personal nod to the man behind them.

Last edited by wwshornfan; 05-28-2012 at 07:44 PM.

Looks mighty similar to #1 . . .

I once had a matching G & L S500 and ASAT F-hole in that finish. Sure wish I still had them.

And the winner for "Biggest Pedalboard" from our Rig Rundowns goes to the Red Hot Chili Peppers' Josh Klinghoffer. Josh favors pedals with destructive tones and uses custom switchers that can take each one out of his signal chain. We'll have the details on how he uses each piece in the video - coming soon!
    - Premier Guitar

I guess preferring pedals with "devastating tones" means having more delays your board than Gilmour and Edge combined.

Frusciante had a monster board as well...

asshat Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock's Avatar
    That's like the guitar repairman's wet dream. I bet he was nervous!

I love how legendary players always have guitars associated with them that are just as legendary in their own right. Though these two don't get much playing time, they hang on a wall by themselvese and serve as my personal nod to the man behind them.

Did you do those yourself? Very cool. The lefty tremolo is a nice touch.

L to R: 1) 2001 Taylor 514CE. 2) Hohner 12 string. Bought in in 1982. Been pawned more times than I can keep count. Hohner made nice, good quality guitars for about 3 years and this is one of them. I've taken it in several times to have it appraised for trade-in and no one can find a value for it in any books. I hadn't touched it in about 10 years because I was too lazy to restring it but recently picked it up again. It sounds and looks better as it has gotten older. 3) Fender Nashville Tele. Found it in a used shop for $199. Best buy I've ever gotten on a guitar.

Same acoustics with an Applause mandolin that I found in a used shop. I spend a lot of time learning to play it but rarely touch it any more. Kind of fun to play though.

asshat Fillmore Slim Shaggy Silver Club Fillmore Slim Shaggy Silver Club Fillmore Slim Shaggy Silver Club Fillmore Slim Shaggy Silver Club Fillmore Slim Shaggy Silver Club Fillmore Slim Shaggy Silver Club Fillmore Slim Shaggy Silver Club Fillmore Slim Shaggy Silver Club Fillmore Slim Shaggy Silver Club Fillmore Slim Shaggy Silver Club Fillmore Slim Shaggy Silver Club
    Defying the notion of the inevitable failure of architectural curves.
    I'm looking to buy my first guitar. I am not ambidextrous. Do I have a chance? I always felt like the best guitar players had to be ambidextrous.

Anyway, here's the one I am currently evaluating:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/BabyMhgy

Baby Taylor Mahogany, $299

BTW, I am not dead set on a "Baby", it just seems to be the best deal and also my fiancee would like to learn also so I figure this would be good for her.

Any advice?

I'm not a big fan of the Baby Taylor. I have one -- it sounds like a box. A cardboard box. Maybe plywood.

I suspect you can get something in the same price range with a bit more tone.

You most definitely do not need to be ambidextrous to learn guitar. Don't know where you got such an idea -- I doubt the %age of guitarists who are ambidextrous is any different than that in the general population.

asshat Fillmore Slim Shaggy Silver Club Fillmore Slim Shaggy Silver Club Fillmore Slim Shaggy Silver Club Fillmore Slim Shaggy Silver Club Fillmore Slim Shaggy Silver Club Fillmore Slim Shaggy Silver Club Fillmore Slim Shaggy Silver Club Fillmore Slim Shaggy Silver Club Fillmore Slim Shaggy Silver Club Fillmore Slim Shaggy Silver Club Fillmore Slim Shaggy Silver Club
    Defying the notion of the inevitable failure of architectural curves.
    I'm not a big fan of the Baby Taylor. I have one -- it sounds like a box. A cardboard box. Maybe plywood.

I suspect you can get something in the same price range with a bit more tone.

You most definitely do not need to be ambidextrous to learn guitar. Don't know where you got such an idea -- I doubt the %age of guitarists who are ambidextrous is any different than that in the general population.
    I dreamed it in my head.

So the Baby Taylor is $#@!. Good to know, the reviews talked it up pretty well but you never know if those are real.

Any suggestions? I really like the color of that guitar I posted. It's simple. Something too nice and loud/fancy/look at my guitar wouldn't suit me because I'm just a beginner and quite simply don't deserve anything awe inspiring yet.
    Last edited by Fillmore Slim; 06-15-2012 at 11:16 PM.

I'll have to think about that. There used to be good reason to go with the Canadian beginner guitars -- Seagull, etc. -- but honestly, I haven't been that thrilled with them lately. I have a Guild I bought for the mid-$500 range new off ebay from a dealer, and it's great, but it's a $1500 list guitar, and was a store demo. There is probably something out there like an Epiphone or Takamine or Guild in your price range that would have a reasonably robust tone. I'll ask around.

asshat tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman's Avatar
    I'll have to think about that. There used to be good reason to go with the Canadian beginner guitars -- Seagull, etc. -- but honestly, I haven't been that thrilled with them lately. I have a Guild I bought for the mid-$500 range new off ebay from a dealer, and it's great, but it's a $1500 list guitar, and was a store demo. There is probably something out there like an Epiphone or Takamine or Guild in your price range that would have a reasonably robust tone. I'll ask around.
    As a beginner, I can say I love my Art & Lutherie folk guitar. The good reason you are looking for is that we don't know any better, and we don't know if we are going to keep it up. The guitar is light, wonderfully easy to play and it has a nice midrange sound. It would probably drive some of you crazy. If I keep doing my 15 minutes of practice a day, someday I may move on up.

It was about $250 I think. I'm scratching it up with the pick (not made for playing Richie Haven's Freedom, not by a long shot). But I am not not going to be incredibly heartbroken when I grow out of it. It's my sophomore girlfriend -- cute as hell but we will move on.

Last edited by tantric superman; 06-15-2012 at 11:34 PM.

I haven't played a mahogany Baby Taylor but my brother has a regular baby and I agree with this. His thinks it is still a tree as it won't hold a tune for $#@!. Find someone who knows about guitars and see what you can find. If there is a Music-Go-Round or other used guitar shop in your area, check them out. I've played those Art and Lutherie guitars...and seen lots of them in used shops..they seem like decent starter guitars.

A buddy of mine just bought an Ibanez starter guitar that isn't as deep as a normal acoustic. It is ugly as hell but has a decent sound and is easy to play. They list for about $450 on Amazon sites but I think he gave $300 for it at a small, local guitar shop. http://www.ibanez.com/AcousticGuitars/Series-ew
    Last edited by hullabelew; 06-19-2012 at 08:59 AM.

The thing about getting into playing guitar is that you need to buy something that doesn't suck so bad you won't practice. You should be able to get a decent starter guitar (Ibanez, Fender, Yamaha, etc.) for the $300 price point you're looking at. Depending on where you are, you should cruise the local pawn and music stores for used gear. It'll allow you to buy something a bit nicer than entry level for the same cash - as there are about a million dudes like you who bought something decent but then decided it wasn't for them. Their loss is your gain.

Also, as I may have mentioned earlier, it's a junkie's world. If you get into it, you'll be stacking them in places where you didn't even know you had room.

asshat tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman's Avatar
    I just need a resonator. Then I'll stop.

I swear.

E-Bay has just about ruined the chances of finding a decent guitar in a pawn shop. I've shopped at every pawn shop I've seen and never even seen one I even considered buying, no matter the price. I think in all the years, I've probably only picked up maybe 10 guitars in a pawn shop to test drive.

asshat American Swindle grows his own roses American Swindle grows his own roses American Swindle grows his own roses American Swindle grows his own roses American Swindle grows his own roses American Swindle grows his own roses American Swindle grows his own roses American Swindle grows his own roses American Swindle grows his own roses American Swindle grows his own roses American Swindle grows his own roses American Swindle's Avatar
    - Premier Guitar

I guess preferring pedals with "devastating tones" means having more delays your board than Gilmour and Edge combined.

Frusciante had a monster board as well...
    I finally sacked up and bought a Deluxe Memory man and it is all I'll ever need. I had been using the Boss DD-7 and sometimes the IBanez AD9, but had to go big.

Quote Originally Posted by tantric superman View Post
    I just need a [insert guitfiddle: resonator, steel, lap steel, 12-string, acoustic, electric, Paul, Strat, Tele, etc. ad infinitum]. Then I'll stop.

I swear.
    fify

bunghole Tall Dark and Texan Shaggy Bronze Club Tall Dark and Texan Shaggy Bronze Club Tall Dark and Texan Shaggy Bronze Club Tall Dark and Texan Shaggy Bronze Club Tall Dark and Texan Shaggy Bronze Club Tall Dark and Texan Shaggy Bronze Club Tall Dark and Texan Shaggy Bronze Club Tall Dark and Texan Shaggy Bronze Club Tall Dark and Texan Shaggy Bronze Club Tall Dark and Texan Shaggy Bronze Club Tall Dark and Texan Shaggy Bronze Club Tall Dark and Texan's Avatar
    I bought one of these Monday night off Craigslist

I wanted a small guitar that I could easily take places with me, and this one does the job. It has a unique sound, which I like, but you can't really play it without a strap, even when you're sitting down, and that kinda sucks but is understandable given the shape. The action is a little high too but that's an easy fix. It takes a little getting used to but so far, so good.

Quote Originally Posted by tantric superman View Post
    I just need a resonator. Then I'll stop.

I swear.
    Sure you will. We believe in you.

/condescendingly pats back

asshat Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man's Avatar
    I've been meaning to nab a couple of pics of my #1 axe (...which is a bass guitar... love my nice guitars, but I'm really more of a bassist than anything) for the past couple weeks I've been on tour with my band, but haven't really had a good chance with decent lighting. Not that it's anything to really look at, but I took a few shots tonight. This is one of those guitars that would probably be worth maybe $150 if I was lucky at a pawn shop, but is pretty irreplaceable to me. I think it actually looks a bit nicer than it is in the pictures - the paint is chipping off in several places (big time in the cutaways), there's an indentation worn into it where I rest my thumb next to the pickup, one of the knobs fell off and could not be reattached and the other is not far behind it, the frets are really worn in, everything's pretty rusty, and I really need to pull the jack out and tighten thing up. BTW, the amp in the shots is a 10+ year old Gallien Krueger that sounds great and has never let me down once throughout the ten years I've been playing on it. I at one point upgraded to an Ampeg SVT-4, I switched back to the GK while the SVT was getting fixed, and ended up selling the SVT for being too much of a $#@!ing hassle while the GK did the job without problem. I don't think they make this model anymore - they make a similar model that's labeled as "Backline", and I'm not sure if it's a cheaper line or just some rebranding they did or what, but my GK 400RBIII has ridden thousands upon thousands of miles in a bumpy trailer, gotten humped in and out of hundreds of gigs, and has never been in the shop.

Anyways, this is my bass, which is a MIM Mike Dirnt P-Bass (not much of a fan of the band, but I like the bass) -

Here's the whole setup on the stage - missing are the Les Paul with the Vox and the Jaguar (you can see the neck) with the fender combo stage right. The keyboard is a Moog.

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 4 of 251 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 104 ... LastLast