+ Reply to Thread
Page 278 of 278 FirstFirst ... 178 228 268 274 275 276 277 278
Results 13,851 to 13,875 of 13875

Thread: The Guitar Pron Thread

asshat Deej has a gigantic e-peen. Deej has a gigantic e-peen. Deej has a gigantic e-peen. Deej has a gigantic e-peen. Deej has a gigantic e-peen. Deej has a gigantic e-peen. Deej has a gigantic e-peen. Deej has a gigantic e-peen. Deej has a gigantic e-peen. Deej has a gigantic e-peen. Deej has a gigantic e-peen. Deej's Avatar
    After re-reading his post, I'm really hoping it's guitar pron.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad $#@! View Post
    I love the olympic white/tortoise shell guard look. I had a Japanese Fender Jazz bass with that, and I sold it. Now I'm on the hunt for an American one.
    I'm pretty sure that's "Arctic White." Nowadays at least, I think Olympic White is super white and Arctic is more cream colored. Really seems like the names should be reversed.

Quote Originally Posted by Thermos H Christ View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's "Arctic White." Nowadays at least, I think Olympic White is super white and Arctic is more cream colored. Really seems like the names should be reversed.
    Whatever you call it, I like it.

I do prefer the creamier version though.

Yeah, I said it.

asshat the idoit Shaggy Gold Club the idoit Shaggy Gold Club the idoit Shaggy Gold Club the idoit Shaggy Gold Club the idoit Shaggy Gold Club the idoit Shaggy Gold Club the idoit Shaggy Gold Club the idoit Shaggy Gold Club the idoit Shaggy Gold Club the idoit Shaggy Gold Club the idoit Shaggy Gold Club the idoit's Avatar
    Yeah, sorry, guys. I changed phones and didn't save the images from texts. I think they're on the cloud. I'll give it a shot later. Worth the wait.

I just set myself up again, didn't I... ?

asshat the idoit Shaggy Gold Club the idoit Shaggy Gold Club the idoit Shaggy Gold Club the idoit Shaggy Gold Club the idoit Shaggy Gold Club the idoit Shaggy Gold Club the idoit Shaggy Gold Club the idoit Shaggy Gold Club the idoit Shaggy Gold Club the idoit Shaggy Gold Club the idoit Shaggy Gold Club the idoit's Avatar

The Guitar Pron Thread

Lots of phrasing opportunities in here lately, huh, Chad?

asshat Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gil Bang View Post
    OK, so I love this thread, but I don't contribute much, because at this stage of my life (and with a medical condition that makes my hands a little $#@!ed up), I don't pick up my guitars very often Plus, I was pretty much a hack player at my best, although I could hold my own as a bass player.

Anyway, I went to "Kaaboo" last Sunday, seriously hung-over after going to the USC game the night before. I went, primarily to see Petty and Jackson Browne.

One of the early acts was "Live"? remember them? I never, ever got into them at all. I thought they pretty much sucked, as every song sounds the same, and that sound isn't too good anyway.

So, here's the question for the board. Their "lead" guy, who almost always just pounds the $#@! out of the same chord over and over and over, switches instruments every $#@!ing song. Now, switching from a ES-335 to a strat, OK, that makes sense. But it's all Les Pauls. 15 $#@!ty songs or so, and I swear he swapped out his guitar after every song, only to play the same chords on a Les Paul just like the one he just handed off. No creative tuning, no going for a different tone, the same noise from a different guitar.

I play well enough to understand open tuning/Drop D etc. There was none of that going on. As far as I can tell, it was "the red one for this song, the black one for that song".

Please tell me what I'm missing. Sorry for the ramble, I spent the afternoon in a bar.
    I like Live.

asshat tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone's Avatar
    I Alone kicks ass.

Damn. I knew I said worth the wait. Hope so.

A friend went to see Matthew Sweet at the Kessler back in July. Sweet has always had a rep for cool boutique equipment so I had asked for guitar pics of any oddballs and they finally got around to sending these:

I was stumped. The aesthetics said Fano but nothing on their site. Did a little nosing around and discovered I was half right. It's "sort of" a Fano. Dennis Fano left or sold Fano (good info in its own right) and started Novo Guitars. This is a Serus J w/ Novak pickups in Ice Blue Metallic.

Around $3500-4000 stock. Not bad for what almost qualifies as a custom, hand built guitar. My friends ended up going out to the bus and shot the $#@! with Sweet afterwards. They've been doing that since the Girlfriend tour. I would've loved to have been there as he's a really humble and friendly guy by all accounts.

As an aside, I can't figure out if Matthew Sweet is morphing into Robert Smith or if he ate Dennis Fano... Like I've got room to talk. It's hell getting old...

asshat Deej has a gigantic e-peen. Deej has a gigantic e-peen. Deej has a gigantic e-peen. Deej has a gigantic e-peen. Deej has a gigantic e-peen. Deej has a gigantic e-peen. Deej has a gigantic e-peen. Deej has a gigantic e-peen. Deej has a gigantic e-peen. Deej has a gigantic e-peen. Deej has a gigantic e-peen. Deej's Avatar
    Reminds me of a Fano on Craigslist here today:

https://austin.craigslist.org/msg/d/...304851860.html

I love those guitars, man. Such a cool vibe to 'em and they play and sound fantastic. I know Horn Grandioso has a thing for them as well.

Cool stuff id. Always was a Matthew Sweet fan. That solo on "Girlfriend" is fenominal.

We could post his purple '70 Challenger R/T Hemi in the car pron thread. The man has spectacular taste.

asshat FoggyNotion has a gigantic e-peen. FoggyNotion has a gigantic e-peen. FoggyNotion has a gigantic e-peen. FoggyNotion has a gigantic e-peen. FoggyNotion has a gigantic e-peen. FoggyNotion has a gigantic e-peen. FoggyNotion has a gigantic e-peen. FoggyNotion has a gigantic e-peen. FoggyNotion has a gigantic e-peen. FoggyNotion has a gigantic e-peen. FoggyNotion has a gigantic e-peen. FoggyNotion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad $#@! View Post
    Cool stuff id. Always was a Matthew Sweet fan. That solo on "Girlfriend" is fenominal.
    Yup, same here. I was a big fan of Girlfriend, 100% Fun and Altered Beast. I believe that killer solo on Girlfriend was actually played by Robert Quine who is mostly known for his work with Lou Reed and Richard Hell & The Voidoids.

I saw Matthew Sweet play around 1994 at an outdoor SXSW show where they blocked off downtown and had a stage in the middle of the street. Tabitha Soren from MTV was standing in front of me during the show. It was a very 90s moment.

I dig that Novo guitar. That reminds me, I have a can of Guitar Reranch spray paint in Ice Blue Metallic at home that's been sitting there a couple years. Might need to find a use for that.

asshat tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FoggyNotion View Post
    Tabitha Soren from MTV was standing in front of me during the show.
    How long were you grind dancing her before she ran away?

Quote Originally Posted by FoggyNotion View Post
    Yup, same here. I was a big fan of Girlfriend, 100% Fun and Altered Beast. I believe that killer solo on Girlfriend was actually played by Robert Quine who is mostly known for his work with Lou Reed and Richard Hell & The Voidoids.

I saw Matthew Sweet play around 1994 at an outdoor SXSW show where they blocked off downtown and had a stage in the middle of the street. Tabitha Soren from MTV was standing in front of me during the show. It was a very 90s moment.

I dig that Novo guitar. That reminds me, I have a can of Guitar Reranch spray paint in Ice Blue Metallic at home that's been sitting there a couple years. Might need to find a use for that.
    Indeed it was. That's how I was introduced to Quine. Too bad he killed himself. I loved his frenetic, always off balance way of creating tension. It was an amazing, unique sound.

I have a dish soap bottle of "Liquid Fun" I found in a CO condo that he autographed on the 100% Fun tour. He signed it to my son, Matthew.

Foggy: you're right about Quine. He appears in a hospital bed in the Sick of Myself video. The Challenger also makes an appearance.

asshat FoggyNotion has a gigantic e-peen. FoggyNotion has a gigantic e-peen. FoggyNotion has a gigantic e-peen. FoggyNotion has a gigantic e-peen. FoggyNotion has a gigantic e-peen. FoggyNotion has a gigantic e-peen. FoggyNotion has a gigantic e-peen. FoggyNotion has a gigantic e-peen. FoggyNotion has a gigantic e-peen. FoggyNotion has a gigantic e-peen. FoggyNotion has a gigantic e-peen. FoggyNotion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tbone View Post
    How long were you grind dancing her before she ran away?
    Not long enough, man. Not long enough.

Quote Originally Posted by the idoit View Post
    Foggy: you're right about Quine. He appears in a hospital bed in the Sick of Myself video. The Challenger also makes an appearance.
    And not to sound like a know-it-all, but the guy playing guitar in the hospital bed in that video is Richard Lloyd, who was known mostly for playing in Television ("Marquee Moon"). Lloyd and Quine were all over those first Matthew Sweet albums. I'd never heard of either of them before I heard Matthew Sweet. Both are (or were) badasses for sure.

I stand corrected. Thanks!

asshat Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock's Avatar
    The tone on both guitars on Girlfriend has fascinated me since the first time I heard it. Id love to know the rig rundown for that solo tone.

Damn all these pics of relic style guitars is gonna get me in trouble.

asshat HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by the idoit View Post
    I know Horn Grandioso has a thing for them as well.
    Damn straight. I have been scouting Jazzmaster and offset style guitars for too long. Gonna need to pull the trigger soon. But lately I've been thinking I need something with a tremolo and most Fano JM6s are set up with stop tailpieces, hence my recent preoccupation with Grosh Electrajets.

asshat HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso's Avatar

That burnt orange one is sex. Pure sex.

Buzz rock, Sweet's the kind of dude who'd probably tell you if you emailed him. But, yeah, that searing closed down rhythm pup is awesome. Love the rhythm tone on Ultrasuede as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzrock View Post
    The tone on both guitars on Girlfriend has fascinated me since the first time I heard it. I’d love to know the rig rundown for that solo tone.
    There might be a more complete gear rundown online somewhere, but I found this Q&A with Robert Quine on his website where he stated "on that album all I used was a Strat, a SansAmp, and various Fender amps."

In that same Q&A he mentions that he liked and used Peavey amps from the 70s through the early 90s when he started using the reissue Fender amps. I haven't played through a SansAmp in forever, but I remember my buddy getting one back in the early 90s and you could get a lot of tone out of that thing.

asshat BMF might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BMF might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BMF might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BMF might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BMF might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BMF might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BMF might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BMF might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BMF might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BMF might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BMF might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BMF's Avatar
    I would have never guessed that was Matthew Sweet today. Damn.

I've lived up to this point thinking "Girlfriend" was criminally underrated. Warms the heart to see it getting the love it deserves. Back in college, before YouTube mind, one of my prized possessions was a VHS tape of an MTV broadcast of that video. I made everyone watch it at least once.

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 278 of 278 FirstFirst ... 178 228 268 274 275 276 277 278