+ Reply to Thread
Page 251 of 251 FirstFirst ... 151 201 241 247 248 249 250 251
Results 12,501 to 12,540 of 12540

Thread: The Guitar Pron Thread

asshat tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone's Avatar
    It's probably a Shawbucker

fucktard 2%er slams and goes hard. 2%er slams and goes hard. 2%er slams and goes hard. 2%er slams and goes hard. 2%er slams and goes hard. 2%er slams and goes hard. 2%er slams and goes hard. 2%er slams and goes hard. 2%er slams and goes hard. 2%er slams and goes hard. 2%er slams and goes hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad $#@! View Post
    Nice Strat! Did you do the custom order thing?
    I did. You can build your own at Fender.com

Gonna need more info about that bridge pickup bro
    4th Gen Noiseless. tbone is correct, it's a Shawbucker bridge pickup. Rosewood fingerboard. Modern locking tuning machines. I just restrung it with D'Addario NYXL 10's.
    Last edited by 2%er; 03-28-2017 at 07:15 AM.

asshat BMF might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BMF might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BMF might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BMF might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BMF might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BMF might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BMF might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BMF might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BMF might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BMF might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BMF might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BMF's Avatar
    A leftie? More like 10%er, amirite?

Congrats on the guitar. She's a beaut.

asshat Deej Shaggy Silver Club Deej Shaggy Silver Club Deej Shaggy Silver Club Deej Shaggy Silver Club Deej Shaggy Silver Club Deej Shaggy Silver Club Deej Shaggy Silver Club Deej Shaggy Silver Club Deej Shaggy Silver Club Deej Shaggy Silver Club Deej Shaggy Silver Club Deej's Avatar
    So, I've got friends moving out of state and I'm moving into their house. He's just finishing up this in the backyard. Looks like I may have to host the first Shaggy jam.

asshat Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock's Avatar
    Complete with RCA dog!

asshat Deej Shaggy Silver Club Deej Shaggy Silver Club Deej Shaggy Silver Club Deej Shaggy Silver Club Deej Shaggy Silver Club Deej Shaggy Silver Club Deej Shaggy Silver Club Deej Shaggy Silver Club Deej Shaggy Silver Club Deej Shaggy Silver Club Deej Shaggy Silver Club Deej's Avatar
    The husband of a friend of mine is Spoon's newest member. I need to start laying the groundwork for them to play the housewarming.

Faux Aggy hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew's Avatar
    So left Spoon?

Faux Aggy hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hullabelew View Post
    So left Spoon?
    Translation: Who left Spoon?

Quote Originally Posted by hullabelew View Post
    Translation: Who left Spoon?
    Not sure, or if anyone left. The guy that joined plays keyboards and guitar and was in Hard Proof Afrobeat.

Good luck to him. Britt is . . . demanding.

So I was up in Chicago the other day for work and a friend turned me onto these guys. Very high quality builds with some real "out-there" original ideas. Some are "why?" but some are "whoa." Worth a look.

http://www.specimenproducts.com/stri...ments/guitars/

Why?:

Whoa - I really kind dig this idea. A Tele but made with the same techniques as a Danelectro:

So I was up in Chicago the other day for work and a friend turned me onto these guys. Very high quality builds with some real "out-there" original ideas. Some are "why?" but some are "whoa." Worth a look.

http://www.specimenproducts.com/stri...ments/guitars/

Why?:

Whoa - I really kind dig this idea. A Tele but made with the same techniques as a Danelectro:
    I'd totally rock a DanoTele.

asshat BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deej View Post
    So, I've got friends moving out of state and I'm moving into their house. He's just finishing up this in the backyard. Looks like I may have to host the first Shaggy jam.

In.34

Also got to run through the old Chess studio while I was there. Not much to it, but it has a vibe.

These are the rickety stairs everyone from Muddy Waters to Howlin Wolf to Chuck Berry etc. etc. climbed to make their records. Crooked as hell.

The studio, with some mods over time:

Willie Dixon's bass (or so they said). His grandson gave the tour and said the strings hadn't been changed since he died. Then I got to play it. I want to believe I touched the same strings as Willie...

Indeed. You should check out their website. They have some really interesting ideas. An aluminum Strat, enlarged Silvertones, some of their own designs. Not all are hits, but they are unique and creative.

asshat HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HornGrandioso's Avatar
    Chicago Music Exchange seems to have the best selection of guitars and coolest $#@! in the US, going by the stuff I see on Reverb.

fucktard 2%er slams and goes hard. 2%er slams and goes hard. 2%er slams and goes hard. 2%er slams and goes hard. 2%er slams and goes hard. 2%er slams and goes hard. 2%er slams and goes hard. 2%er slams and goes hard. 2%er slams and goes hard. 2%er slams and goes hard. 2%er slams and goes hard.
    Are you sure that's not a Telectro?

Quote Originally Posted by HornGrandioso View Post
    Chicago Music Exchange seems to have the best selection of guitars and coolest $#@! in the US, going by the stuff I see on Reverb.
    I tried to get by there. Ran out of time.

OK, one of you guys has to have some advice for my question the other day. Help a brother out. Half-NGD.

Quote Originally Posted by 2%er View Post
    Are you sure that's not a Telectro?
    Probably Danocaster.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjazz View Post
    OK, one of you guys has to have some advice for my question the other day. Help a brother out. Half-NGD.
    So was it pick-up recommendations you're looking for?

There are so many ways to go there. I have some SD vintage pups in my Jazzocaster. They sound great, so I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. Also, have Lollars in my Jazz bass. Those are good as well.

Pickups are relatively cheap. So if you try some, and don't like what you're hearing, you can switch them out and resale pretty easily.

I know SD makes a Broadcaster bridge pick up that's well reviewed. So many folks make their own take on the PAF, that it'd be hard to choose for you neck. That said, SD was really the first to identify and nail that sound.

For your bridge pup, check out the Cavalier pickups. Rob is a regular poster on TDPRI. People swear by his pickups, he's responsive to email and questions, and he makes pickups that are affordably priced. I'm about to swap my SD Broadcaster in the Esquire for the Huge Lion.

So was it pick-up recommendations you're looking for?
    Correct. I don't care about cost.

I'm looking for as close to a Les Paul humbucker tone as I can get in the neck, and the best Tele bridge tone in the bridge.
    I prefer higher output to lower output, brighter to not bright, etc. This is my main guitar in a big guitar rock band.

asshat OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur's Avatar
    Dimarzio super distortion?

Never mind, not for single coil bridge

For your bridge pup, check out the Cavalier pickups. Rob is a regular poster on TDPRI. People swear by his pickups, he's responsive to email and questions, and he makes pickups that are affordably priced. I'm about to swap my SD Broadcaster in the Esquire for the Huge Lion.
    Forgot the link:

http://www.frettech.com/

Quote Originally Posted by OCSpur View Post
    Dimarzio super distortion?

Never mind, not for single coil bridge
    No, that's cool for the neck position on this guitar. It's already a humbucker. I just want it to be "better". Same with the bridge Tele pickup.

Quote Originally Posted by HornGrandioso View Post
    Chicago Music Exchange will also $#@! you so tread lightly when dealing with them. They show they have rare crap and when you try to buy them, they say they don't have them. But they never take the item off.

What happened hulla?

asshat OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur probably preboards planes OCSpur's Avatar
    No, that's cool for the neck position on this guitar. It's already a humbucker. I just want it to be "better". Same with the bridge Tele pickup.
    Yeah, but go either Classic '57, a Tim Shaw, or maybe a lower output Seymour Duncan Alnico II (Slash model maybe)for the neck, guve you great contrast vs what you're after in the bridge.

I dont know much about single coils, still learning my Strat, not even sure what it has.

asshat the idoit Shaggy Gold Club the idoit Shaggy Gold Club the idoit Shaggy Gold Club the idoit Shaggy Gold Club the idoit Shaggy Gold Club the idoit Shaggy Gold Club the idoit Shaggy Gold Club the idoit Shaggy Gold Club the idoit Shaggy Gold Club the idoit Shaggy Gold Club the idoit Shaggy Gold Club the idoit's Avatar
    Duncan's Pearly Gates and '59 are really good choices as well. The '59 is the more versatile of the two.

Pearly Gates

'59

asshat tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone's Avatar
    Duncan custom. I have one in my Les Paul. It's fantastic.

That G&L is still $299. Anybody?

What happened hulla?
    They showed a modded pedal I had been looking for. Ordered it, never got. Finally replied they didn't have one in stock. Took a while to refund my money. Many unanswered emails. They never took the pedal down from the site....Was still on their site for a long while.

asshat Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock's Avatar
    I put Gibson 490 and 500 humbuckers in my HH ASAT and I adore them. But it leans toward hard rock which is what I wanted. It cleans up for bluesy stuff through the Bassbreaker but gets all Tool/Chevelle pinchy through the Blackstar. I love it hard.

For what you're asking: single coil Seymour Duncan in the bridge and Gibson in the neck?

Quote Originally Posted by the idoit View Post
    Duncan's Pearly Gates and '59 are really good choices as well. The '59 is the more versatile of the two.

Pearly Gates

'59
    I have that exact pair in my HH Strat.

I'm pretty sure I want max output for both pickups, within reason. I'm not looking for some grotesque thin sound or anything like that, but at the same time, I'm not looking to blend them. I want a hot Tele lead sound on the bridge and a hot Les Paul sound on the neck. (I realize that the scale is off and more than that, it's a semi-hollowbody. I'm just trying to find a starting point.)

I'm pretty sure I want max output for both pickups, within reason. I'm not looking for some grotesque thin sound or anything like that, but at the same time, I'm not looking to blend them. I want a hot Tele lead sound on the bridge and a hot Les Paul sound on the neck. (I realize that the scale is off and more than that, it's a semi-hollowbody. I'm just trying to find a starting point.)
    Seriously, Cavalier Huge Lion in the bridge.

You know what's a pain in the ass?

Sitting in Am Airlines lounge at Frankfurt Airport, trying to relax, and Steve Stevens won't shut up asking me about tone....

Phone is full so i can't take pic.

Not sure, but i think Flea and Gilby Clarke are here too.

^watching go through security, i estimate her boobs make up 36% of her estimate 90 lbs body weight

I guess these dudes are The Royal Machines:
    Gilby
    Steve
    Billy Morrison
    Mark McGrath
    Etc

Overheard this funny conversation standing in line to board between Gilby and the drummer:

"Billy made a point to tell me he loved your playing. He doesnt love everybody(drummers). He looks for that Texas swing. Its still a shuffle, but has to have swing. He thinks rock drummer are too harsh"

"Thats nice of him to say"

"Yeah, it won't get you another 0 on the end of your check, though..."

"he was nodding at me during LaGrange"

I now realize they are talking about Billy Gibbons.

"I don't give a $#@!, he invited over to his W Hollywood home to try his guacamole! (Billy impersonation: "i'll tell you the secret....)"

"You don't wanna know the secret."

"I hope it doesnt involve me bending over."

Rockstars.
    Last edited by OCSpur; Today at 03:36 AM.

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 251 of 251 FirstFirst ... 151 201 241 247 248 249 250 251