+ Reply to Thread
Page 238 of 283 FirstFirst ... 138 188 228 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 248 ... LastLast
Results 11,851 to 11,900 of 14131

Thread: The Guitar Pron Thread

asshat DougO Probably Shaggy upper class DougO Probably Shaggy upper class DougO Probably Shaggy upper class DougO Probably Shaggy upper class DougO Probably Shaggy upper class DougO Probably Shaggy upper class DougO Probably Shaggy upper class DougO Probably Shaggy upper class DougO Probably Shaggy upper class DougO Probably Shaggy upper class DougO Probably Shaggy upper class DougO's Avatar
    I'm even more firmly in that camp now than I was then. This past year I actually watched a guy take a piece of wood and carve a perfect neck out of it. He even makes his own hardware out of metal and winds his own pickups.

a Rocker and a Roller AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan's Avatar
    Does he mine his own copper and dive for fresh mother of pearl?

$#@!ing posuers.

Quote Originally Posted by equinox View Post
    One of my resolutions is to quit using my credit cards unless absolutely necessary. Like most resolutions I was thinking I needed to have one last fling before the new year started.

The problem is I'm GASsing hard for an SG. I've talked myself out of buying this one about 5 times already-

The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.
    Well, this one sold a couple days ago. I've got a line on another one on Reverb though. Problem is the seller has a very short window on returns, and with me going out of town a lot lately I'm a little shy about pulling the trigger.

While working in El Paso I must have looked at every single SG in town. Guitar Center had several, both new and used in Gibson and Epiphone flavors. None of them grabbed me by the boo boo. Best one I found was at a pawn shop on the east side of town. It was a Future Tribute that looked brand new save for a a very small paint ding on the bottom edge. They had it at $749 originally but it was marked down for their Christmas/New Year's sale at $629. I wound up getting the guy to go down to $555. Decided to sleep on it over the weekend, and make a decision when I go back out there next week. The problem is it has humbuckers instead of P90s or I likely would have grabbed it right then.

I said all that to say this. I did not realize how many different models of recent SG guitars there are out there.

asshat mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong's Avatar
    Ok which one of you is this?

https://youtu.be/K--8uQ03v1c

Quote Originally Posted by equinox View Post
    Well, this one sold a couple days ago. I've got a line on another one on Reverb though. Problem is the seller has a very short window on returns, and with me going out of town a lot lately I'm a little shy about pulling the trigger.

While working in El Paso I must have looked at every single SG in town. Guitar Center had several, both new and used in Gibson and Epiphone flavors. None of them grabbed me by the boo boo. Best one I found was at a pawn shop on the east side of town. It was a Future Tribute that looked brand new save for a a very small paint ding on the bottom edge. They had it at $749 originally but it was marked down for their Christmas/New Year's sale at $629. I wound up getting the guy to go down to $555. Decided to sleep on it over the weekend, and make a decision when I go back out there next week. The problem is it has humbuckers instead of P90s or I likely would have grabbed it right then.

I said all that to say this. I did not realize how many different models of recent SG guitars there are out there.
    A P90 SG is a worthy goal. Pete Townsend says so.

$555 is a pretty good price. I paid more for mine on craigslist.

I'm not helping you, am I?

asshat DougO Probably Shaggy upper class DougO Probably Shaggy upper class DougO Probably Shaggy upper class DougO Probably Shaggy upper class DougO Probably Shaggy upper class DougO Probably Shaggy upper class DougO Probably Shaggy upper class DougO Probably Shaggy upper class DougO Probably Shaggy upper class DougO Probably Shaggy upper class DougO Probably Shaggy upper class DougO's Avatar
    Tone wood?

Not sure where you would put the cigarette, though.

asshat mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong Shaggy Platinum mileslong's Avatar

The Guitar Pron Thread

Gibson reveals new guitar design at Vegas Electronic show.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news...ody_shape.html

Looks like an old Rickenbacker.

Faux Aggy hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew's Avatar
    Looks like cheap PRS knockoff. $#@!in Gibson.

More pics, they will be revealed at next weeks NAMM show

Looks like something aimed at an import line to sell for around $500, or maybe $800-900 if they make it in the US. Simple design with little carving, less wood, flat color. I wonder if it is neck-thru.

a Rocker and a Roller AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan Shaggy Gold Club AnotherUTFan's Avatar
    I don't see myself buying one, but I actually really dig it. I was a fan of the double cut Les Paul's and this looks cooler than those. Like the offset Telecasters.

asshat Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man's Avatar
    24 frets. Looks a little squat and ugly, but it could grow on me. They need to be discontinued for 8 years, get cheap, and be used by some young J Mascis type in a cool indie band. With P-90s. Then they would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Celery Man View Post
    24 frets. Looks a little squat and ugly, but it could grow on me. They need to be discontinued for 8 years, get cheap, and be used by some young J Mascis type in a cool indie band. With P-90s. Then they would be cool.
    Also known as "The Story of the Jazzmaster."

Quote Originally Posted by DougO View Post
    Tone wood?

Not sure where you would put the cigarette, though.
    Really cool. I don't like the "clean" sound at all, though.

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherUTFan View Post
    I don't see myself buying one, but I actually really dig it. I was a fan of the double cut Les Paul's and this looks cooler than those. Like the offset Telecasters.
    It looks like something they should have done in the 90s and discontinued in 2000.

Faux Aggy hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew's Avatar
    Gary Richrath used to play a custom made double cutaway that was based on a Les Paul. That guitar was hot AF.

asshat tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hullabelew View Post
    Gary Richrath used to play a custom made double cutaway that was based on a Les Paul. That guitar was hot AF.
    With a curly cord

I can almost picture it....

...wait. No I can't.

That is just about the ugliest guitar I've ever seen.

My first thoughts were Korean made PRS

The Guitar Pron Thread

asshat Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock's Avatar
    What do we think of 12 strings? I don't have one, so it's got that going for it:

I like what this guy says, "12 string players spend half their time tuning, and the other half playing out of tune."

One more:

asshat Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man probably preboards planes Celery Man's Avatar
    I have a Fender 12 string in the game room at my office. A guy who left the company left it to another guy at work, who left it to me when he left. I'll probably leave it if I go. Because it's a thing, and because meh. Sounds cool sometimes, kinda fun, but not as fun as a regular acoustic.

I had a Washburn acoustic 12 that the neck warped on me. That sucked.

I have a Danelectro electric 12 that cost me next to nothing, stays in tune and is a lot of fun to play. But I don't play it very often.

asshat tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone Shaggy Gold Club tbone's Avatar
    Here's all you need to know about 12 strings

I tried out a 12 string the other day at a guitar store. Figured out the opening to Mr. Tambourine Man and then lost interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Wesley View Post
    A P90 SG is a worthy goal. Pete Townsend says so.

$555 is a pretty good price. I paid more for mine on craigslist.

I'm not helping you, am I?
    I like it. I like it a lot.

I hemmed and hawed over the $555 SG for a couple of days before backing away. Found a used (but virtually new) SG Standard at GC for $849 which is a little more than I want to spend. No case or even a bag, and since they just put it out a couple of days ago they are completely unwilling to throw one in or negotiate the price at all.

So thinking I had looked in every place possible in El Paso I was wandering aimlessly around the extreme north side of town. Lo and behold, there was yet another Benny's Pawn location that had just opened. Decided to go in for a peak, and found this for $120-

It needs work on the wiring but the body and neck are solid as can be. After new strings and lowering the action a smidge it plays better than anything I saw at the local Guitar Center. I think it will scratch my itch until I find the real deal.

I meant to type "hot mess". I hated the looks of guitar.

I meant to type "hot mess". I hated the looks of guitar.

I still can't see any pics.

asshat Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death Definitely Shaggy upper class Duck of Death's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tbone View Post
    Here's all you need to know about 12 strings

Compare/contrast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf_2WbNDhC8

Quote Originally Posted by Chad $#@! View Post
    I still can't see any pics.
    Richrath used it on the Hi-Infidelity tour in the early 80s. Before that, he was always on a LP. Lots of stories about what that double-cutaway actually was. A new built vs an altered LP.

From this concert.
    Last edited by hullabelew; 01-12-2017 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck of Death View Post
    Compare/contrast

Says that was 87. Wonder when in 87. I saw him that summer, just before he left for Europe. He was a complete mess. I told my brother that SRV would be dead in 6 months. He could still play like this but he could barely stand up... and couldn't talk at all. It was so sad.

Richrath used it on the Hi-Infidelity tour in the early 80s. Before that, he was always on a LP. Lots of stories about what that double-cutaway actually was. A new built vs an altered LP.

From this concert.
    Yeah, not the most aesthetically pleasing guitar.

Reminds me of these monsters:

Richrath said he liked it because of access to those frets. Not something I have to worry about.

Picking up LTD EC1000 today. Pretty stoked.

asshat handcruser Shaggy Silver Club handcruser Shaggy Silver Club handcruser Shaggy Silver Club handcruser Shaggy Silver Club handcruser Shaggy Silver Club handcruser Shaggy Silver Club handcruser Shaggy Silver Club handcruser Shaggy Silver Club handcruser Shaggy Silver Club handcruser Shaggy Silver Club handcruser Shaggy Silver Club handcruser's Avatar
    I think I might be in the market for a les Paul silver sparkle. Prefer binding (so no studio) and Gibson to epiphone. So be on the lookout.

asshat OCSpur Definitely Shaggy upper class OCSpur Definitely Shaggy upper class OCSpur Definitely Shaggy upper class OCSpur Definitely Shaggy upper class OCSpur Definitely Shaggy upper class OCSpur Definitely Shaggy upper class OCSpur Definitely Shaggy upper class OCSpur Definitely Shaggy upper class OCSpur Definitely Shaggy upper class OCSpur Definitely Shaggy upper class OCSpur Definitely Shaggy upper class OCSpur's Avatar

Ah, the SBG500

That was the guitar I was going to get for my first electric on 13th birthday. When we got to the store, they were sold out so I ended up with the SSC500 (more LP/Strat hybrid)

Those SBG's in Sunburst list for $800-$1500 on reverb currently....

Yamaha is making those double cutaways again. They call them Revstars. I spent a couple of hours with one a few months ago. I was really impressed with them.

One of the ones I played was like the grey one with the Bigsby. It had kind of a 'Gretsch' vibe about it. They all have this thing called a "dry switch" which is like coil split but has a unique sound to it.

asshat BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn Probably Shaggy upper class BrickHorn's Avatar

I disagree. Those as sweet-looking guitars. About a year ago, I bought a used Ibanez Artist double-cutaway on a whim. It was cheap, but man I love the way it plays. It's my Drop D guitar for gigging. I use the custom G&L Comanche for standard tuning (which is about 90% of our set). But I'm thinking about ditching the Comanche and just using the artist for every song. Tuning one string on a fixed-bridge guitar is no biggie, and I love playing that thing.

The Guitar Pron Thread

I subscribe to some boutique guitar builders feed and every once in a while a real beauty is listed. I'm not a fan of the gold but thought the rest of the guitar was unique and gorgeous. Put some silver on there instead of gold and it would be awesome.

it's a German guitar builder and here is their website. says they are handmade guitars but i call bull$#@! since they don't plant their own seeds to grow the wood...

http://www.zeal-guitars.de/EN/

have some cool stuff on the website

Last edited by mileslong; 01-13-2017 at 11:04 AM.

you can pick any fabric, wood, or anything else you want, pretty damn cool

Last edited by mileslong; 01-13-2017 at 11:11 AM.

sorry for the image overkill, they say they will build any guitar you can dream up

some customer custom ones

Last edited by mileslong; 01-13-2017 at 11:21 AM.

No apologies Miles. This is the Pron thread after all.

No apologies Miles. This is the Pron thread after all.
    yes but isn't too much pron bad for you?

Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post

That's a sweet ass Tele

we all hope not

Quote Originally Posted by Duck of Death View Post
    Compare/contrast

Contrast: well, in one he is using an acoustic guitar with 12 strings and probably not plugged into an amp. The other he is using an electric guitar with 6 strings, and plugged into probably a very loud amp.

Compare: They are both a song that no one else can play correctly.

Fake news.

No CR.

I always liked these double cutaway LPs

Never thought seriously about getting one, since... I have a PRS, I have an LP, I should get a 335 before I get the LP/PRS/Dot frankenwhatever

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 238 of 283 FirstFirst ... 138 188 228 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 248 ... LastLast