+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: GOT: Winds of Winter

asshat Llano Estacado Shaggy Platinum Llano Estacado Shaggy Platinum Llano Estacado Shaggy Platinum Llano Estacado Shaggy Platinum Llano Estacado Shaggy Platinum Llano Estacado Shaggy Platinum Llano Estacado Shaggy Platinum Llano Estacado Shaggy Platinum Llano Estacado Shaggy Platinum Llano Estacado Shaggy Platinum Llano Estacado Shaggy Platinum Llano Estacado's Avatar
    On a has-been planet orbited by a cold, indifferent sun
    Quote Originally Posted by WBT View Post
    Telling Tywin and then Cersei to $#@! off when they wanted him to give up the white cloak was a big step too.
    Remind me how the Lannister's got "Oathkeeper". All the reforged steel from Ned's sword went into Joff's sword (Hearteater? Is that right?) At any rate giving away a sword from your father to Brienne is a pretty big $#@! off to dear old dad.

Also don't forget he defends Tyrion and helped him escape after the Purple Wedding and even tells him the truth about his first wife.

He is definitely changing throughout the books.

asshat drew corleone Shaggy Bronze Club drew corleone Shaggy Bronze Club drew corleone Shaggy Bronze Club drew corleone Shaggy Bronze Club drew corleone Shaggy Bronze Club drew corleone Shaggy Bronze Club drew corleone Shaggy Bronze Club drew corleone Shaggy Bronze Club drew corleone Shaggy Bronze Club drew corleone Shaggy Bronze Club drew corleone Shaggy Bronze Club

GOT: Winds of Winter

Tywin had Ice melted down and forged into two swords, one of which is Oathkeeper.

asshat thepop Shaggy Silver Club thepop Shaggy Silver Club thepop Shaggy Silver Club thepop Shaggy Silver Club thepop Shaggy Silver Club thepop Shaggy Silver Club thepop Shaggy Silver Club thepop Shaggy Silver Club thepop Shaggy Silver Club thepop Shaggy Silver Club thepop Shaggy Silver Club thepop's Avatar
    I didn't know this thread existed. I guess I can come here to $#@! on GRRM rather than the book$#@! thread.

asshat El_Pollo_Loco11 grows his own roses El_Pollo_Loco11 grows his own roses El_Pollo_Loco11 grows his own roses El_Pollo_Loco11 grows his own roses El_Pollo_Loco11 grows his own roses El_Pollo_Loco11 grows his own roses El_Pollo_Loco11 grows his own roses El_Pollo_Loco11 grows his own roses El_Pollo_Loco11 grows his own roses El_Pollo_Loco11 grows his own roses El_Pollo_Loco11 grows his own roses El_Pollo_Loco11's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thepop View Post
    I didn't know this thread existed. I guess I can come here to $#@! on GRRM rather than the book$#@! thread.
    Can't wait for the novelization of D and D's Game of Thrones

asshat Kavinsky Shaggy Gold Club Kavinsky Shaggy Gold Club Kavinsky Shaggy Gold Club Kavinsky Shaggy Gold Club Kavinsky Shaggy Gold Club Kavinsky Shaggy Gold Club Kavinsky Shaggy Gold Club Kavinsky Shaggy Gold Club Kavinsky Shaggy Gold Club Kavinsky Shaggy Gold Club Kavinsky Shaggy Gold Club Kavinsky's Avatar
    New chapter released

(edit): His site is seeing an excess of traffic, I'm having trouble loading the link.
    Last edited by Kavinsky; 03-27-2014 at 10:51 AM.

Let's get it going!

Yeah, I'm sure George will get right on that.

asshat Itismedan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Itismedan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Itismedan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Itismedan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Itismedan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Itismedan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Itismedan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Itismedan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Itismedan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Itismedan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Itismedan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Itismedan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HornsN04 View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure George will get right on that.
    Since he supposedly just finished "Dangerous Women" and "World of Ice and Fire" he should have nothing on his plate to distract him. Hurry up George, winter is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Itismedan View Post
    Since he supposedly just finished "Dangerous Women" and "World of Ice and Fire" he should have nothing on his plate to distract him. Hurry up George, winter is coming.
    I'm sure he still has plenty of conventions and tv-related stuff to keep him occupied. Writing really is just a last resort for him.

asshat The Smoke Monster grows his own roses The Smoke Monster grows his own roses The Smoke Monster grows his own roses The Smoke Monster grows his own roses The Smoke Monster grows his own roses The Smoke Monster grows his own roses The Smoke Monster grows his own roses The Smoke Monster grows his own roses The Smoke Monster grows his own roses The Smoke Monster grows his own roses The Smoke Monster grows his own roses The Smoke Monster's Avatar
    Great reddit post of the open storylines at the end of ADWD. They're missing some for sure (Robert Strong's and Quaithe's identities, for example) but check the list/link out... figured this belonged here vs. the Book$#@! thread anyway...

IN THE NORTH
    The intensifying harsh weather conditions and their effect on the populace
    Jon's presumed death and its immediate resulting aftermath, considering the multiple factions stationed at the Wall. Add the mystery of the Pink Letter to this as well.
    The ship mission to Hardhome
    Alliser Thorne's ranging
    Bran's stay with the Children of the Forest and Bloodraven and his acquisition of power
    The supposed imminent attack by the Others
    The battle for the North between the forces of Stannis and those of Frey/Manderly
    Davos's trip to Skagos in search of Rickon and Osha
    Mance's fate in Winterfell
    The location and content of Robb's will
    Dagmer Cleftjaw is still holding Torrhen's Square, with a few Tallharts

IN THE SOUTH
    The intensifying harsh weather conditions and their effect on the populace

The Vale
    Littlefinger's planned marriage of "Alayne Stone" to Harrold Hardyng and her reveal as Sansa Stark
    The planned death of Robert Arryn
    Ser Shadrich, the Mad Mouse, has become of one Littlefinger's hired swords. It is suggested that he knows of Alayne Stone's true identity.

At King's Landing and the Crownlands
    Cersei Lannister's trial
    Margaery Tyrell's trial
    Varys's appearance at KL, with a group of armed little birds
    The deaths of Kevan Lannister and Grandmaester Pycelle and their immediate aftermath
    The undisclosed result of the siege of Dragonstone and Loras Tyrell's fate
    Doran Martell's "friend" at King's Landing
    The surging power of the Faith and the Faith Militant
    Bronn is now Lord of Stokeworth and GRRM has said he's to have a future role
    Where is Tyrek Lannister?

At the Riverlands
    Brienne leading Jaime to Lady Stoneheart and the Brotherhood Without Banners
    The continued operations of the BWB
    The supposed roaming of a huge pack of wolves led by Arya's Nymeria
    The Blackfish's location and future actions
    Kyle Condon and Ronnel Stout were left with 600 Northmen loyal to the Starks to guard against the Mountain crossing the Ruby Ford. Where are these men?

In the Reach
    Ironborn warships advancing down the Mander
    Sam's continued studies at the Citadel
    Sarella Sand's secret mission in Oldtown
    Illyrio's suggestion of having "friends in the Reach"
    A Faceless Man's mission in Oldtown
    In the Stormlands
    Jon Connington's, embarkment on Griffin's Roost, along with Aegon and the Golden Company
    The continued siege on Storm's End by the Tyrells

In Dorne
    Balon Swann's and Obara Sand's joint search for Gerold "Darkstar" Dayne
    Doran Martell preparing the armies of Dorne after hearing about a fleet of ships approaching Westeros
    Nymeria and Tyene Sand sent on a mission to Kings Landing
    Doran awaiting news from Quentyn
    On the Iron Islands
    Aeron Greyjoy is supposedly on Great Wyk, preparing men to rally against Euron's rule

ON ESSOS
    In Meereen
    The battle for Meereen
    The Iron Fleet's approach on Slaver's Bay
    The effect of the Dragonbinder horn
    The Volantene fleet approaching Meereen with a huge number of ships
    Marwyn the Mage's expected arrival
    Moqorro's undisclosed mission and motivation
    Barristan's offer to the Tattered Prince to give him Pentos in exchange for him safely returning Yunkai's hostages, including Daario Naharis
    The fate of the two dragons running free
    The spread of the Pale Mare and who will be affected by it
    The mystery of who the Harpy is and its expected actions

Elsewhere
    Arya's continued apprenticeship in Braavos
    Daenerys's encounter of Khal Jhaqo's khalasar

asshat The Smoke Monster grows his own roses The Smoke Monster grows his own roses The Smoke Monster grows his own roses The Smoke Monster grows his own roses The Smoke Monster grows his own roses The Smoke Monster grows his own roses The Smoke Monster grows his own roses The Smoke Monster grows his own roses The Smoke Monster grows his own roses The Smoke Monster grows his own roses The Smoke Monster grows his own roses The Smoke Monster's Avatar
    Also, THIS list was made before the one I posted above and its way better... but you know Reddit don't need no search function... sort of like another forum I know about... Check out the list though...

Edited: $#@! it - that list is too good:

"1)The Lands of always Winter: George mentioned we would end up here, likely it is here where we learn mostly about the others. Maybe Uncle Stark makes an entrance as well.
    2)Bran and the Gang: Whats going to happen to them?
    3)Blood Raven: What is his end game? What is he going to do with Bran?
    4) Coldhands: Who? What? Seriously, who is this guy?
    5) Dead things in the water: What ever happened to the wildlings near eastwatch?
    6)The Wall: Who is in charge now? Has it descended into chaos? Is Wun-Wun the wun in charge?
    7)Jon "Ceaser" Snow: Dead? Wolf? Zombie?
    8) Melisandre: See Bloodraven. What is her plan? Her motives?
    9) Wildlings, Giants, a certain giant member: What is going to happen to the wildlings south of the wall now that Jon is (at least for now) out of the picture?
    10) Winterfell: How long will the Boltons hold out?
    11) King beyond the the Wall: How sorry should we feel for Mance and his lovely ladies? Were they responsible for every single one of the murders in Winterfell?
    12) The North remembers: What are the loyal Stark bannermen (including Fats Manderly and the Umber crew) planning on doing about the Boltons?
    13) Onions and Unicorns: What ever happened to lil Stark, Osha and Captain Mutha $#@!in Beard?
    14) The Mannis: How is Stannis planing to win the Battle in the Snow?
    15) Rhymes with Freak: Will poor Theon find redemption or just be served with some Heart Tree justice?
    16)Queen Asha: Will Theons sister figure out a way to drag him back home again?
    17) Iron Bank: Stannis sent some dude across the narrow sea to get troops. I dont even remember his name. This will likely be important though.
    18) Greywater watch: People have been waiting since the Clinton administration for Howland Reed to come out of the swamps and start spreading some wisdom.
    19) On the Road to Greywater Watch: A certain bastard may be pretty upset that his brother didn't just send him a text after learning that the two Stark Bannermen charged with naming a new heir to the King in the North got lost in the swamps for 13 years (and counting)
    20) Heh: What is in store for the perps and captives of the Red Weddin?
    21) Sends his regards: Is our favorite handsome, goldhanded, child-crippling, sister banging, kingslaying, smooth operating, recently reformed knight walking into a zombie trap? Yup.
    22) Speaking of Zombies...: What is the Ladies stonehearted plan? Does it involve Tom o Sevens and the Frey Wedding? What did she do to Brienne?
    23) I wonder where that fish did go? : Blackfish is missing. Will he attempt to rescue his nephew on the way to Casterly rock?
    24)The ladder: Will Littlefinger succeed in his plan to marry Sansa to Harry the Heir?
    25) The Mad Mouse: Will this lil fella steal Sansa and take her back to Kings Landing?
    26) The Bastard of the vale: Will Sansa ever do something on her own volition beside play in the snow and brush her hair?
    27) The lil Bastard of the Vale: Will poor Sweet-Robbin just kick the bucket already?
    28) Ser Gendry: Will THIS bastard ever do something to validate his inclusion in all of this?
    29) Greyjoy vs. Greyjoy: Over on the Iron Islands its King Crows Eye the cunning and sinister magician against Damphair: the ex drunk who found purpose via medieval CPR techniques. Who will win? Knowing GRRM they both get eaten by a kraken a few chatpers into Winds.
    30) Manderly and his Ships: Did he say he was massing ships? I think he did...
    31) Dragonstone: What ever happened to poor Ser Loras?
    32) The Rock: GRRM mentioned that we will be seeing Casterly Rock for the first time in the next two books. My guess is that the Queen is going home.
    33) Kings Landing: After Kevens run in with the little birds, who is in charge now? No one talks about this but it seems important to me.
    34) The Faith: These guys kind of came out of left field. What are they planning with their new military?
    35) The Trials: Two pretty ladies are in for some faith style fun, one of which even has a Frankenstein style fighter she named after her late husband.
    36) Qyburn: What is this guys deal? See Coldhands. Seriously whats up with Qyburn?
    37) Tyrell bannermen: What are the Tyrells planning on doing with the large amounts men marching to Kings Landing?
    38) Varys: After Tywins Death, Has he just been running around inside the walls the whole time? Also, see Bloodraven, what is your deal?
    39)Robert Strong: I said before he was a Frankenstein style monster, I was just guessing though. For all we know it is two of Varys` little birds standing on each others shoulders.
    40) Ser Bronn Blackwater, Lord of Stokeworth: He is gathering sell swords, naming kids Tyrion, and just generally not giving a $#@!. Typical Bronn. (As a side note, am I the only one who finds it funny that a sellsword ends up being named "Blackwater"?)
    41) Tyrells need them ships: How are the Tyrells dealing with those feisty Ironborn?
    42)Intrigues in Oldtown: What is Old Sam up to? What ever happened to that girl he liked? That kid? Something about a crazy magician/maester crossing the narrow sea to meet the Mother of Dragon? Some Dornish chick dressed like a dude is mixed up in all this too. Oh! not to mention...
    43) Our Good Friend Pate, or was it Jaqen? : A magical shape shifting assassin is also mixed up in the intrigues of Oldtown.
    44) The golden company: Refreshingly straight forward. Aegon Targaryen has landed and now he is conquering stuff in the Stormlands. Typical Targ... or IS he?
    45) Ariannes sexcapades: Doran Martell has sent forth his daughter to figure out the deal with the Targ invasion 2.0
    46) YAR: New pirate captain (pirate lord?), likely that Waters guy who Cersei in charge of the ships in Kings Landing. The story needed this.
    47) The man with the plan: Doran Martell is sitting on his ass bossing his family around as per usual. This time his plan has something to do with poor Balon Swann and schlepping him around Dorne.
    48) Darkstar: I am the night, I am on the run from Aero cause he gonna put an axe in me.
    49) Myrcella: Poor thing is likely already traumatised for life; although knowing GRRM Myrcy is going to get lost on her way back north and run into a dude named "Ramsey"
    50) As the final Westeros plot point: I should mention that Krakens were sighted off the coasts of Dorne. I dunno but to me that seems like a big deal. Now for the plot points across the narrow sea.
    51)BRAVOS! : Our favourite little killer Arya is training to become a shape shifting assassin (psh, saw that coming). Where is GRRM taking this plot point? Smart money is on plot point 50 and 51 coming together in some spectacular way.
    52) What ever happened to...: This is an honest question. What ever happened to the crew of the ship Tyrion rode with Prince Aegon? We know what happened to Connington, what about the others?
    53)The Imp: Yup, it took 53 plot points to get to our second "Big Three" main character. Although stuck outside Meereen, Tyrion - as per usual - has plan, which will decide the fate of little Penny, Brown Benn, and our favourite slave trading spy, Jorah Mormont.
    54)Meereen and the other free cities: War is going down between the free cities, GRRM will reveal to us why we care about all this.
    55)Daario: Handsome $#@!, what ever happened to him?
    56) Ser Grandfather: Charged with the defence of a middle eastern style city across the sea from his homeland, Baristan must defend Meereen as the city is attacked by all manners of freaks and slaves. (Psh, saw that coming). Oh, and two dragons are on the loose around the city.
    57) The various leaders of Meereen: I don't even know their names. At this point I hope Drogan eats the lot of them.
    58)The Iron Dummy. Planning on making a grande aquatic entrance the battle of Meereen with his flame hand and dragon horn. Victarions entrance to the Slavers Bay story line is just gonna be so awesome.
    59)The Mother of Dragons: When the sun rises in the west, and mountains crumble into dust, only then will Daenerys just get on a $#@!ing boat already. The last we saw of our third main character she had come full circle by $#@!ting herself in the desert. Some people on horses came as well. She also has a big $#@!in Dragon.
    60) AND FINALLY... Quaithe: See Coldhands, See Qyburn. Who are these people? Why do they have to be so weird?
    Oh you thought we were done? How wrong you were. Here are the more general plot ideas not routed to one location.
    61)Invasion of the Others: All of westeros is in danger of being run over by evil, undead summoning ice elf things. About 50 people in Westeros know about this, even less seem to care.
    62) Prince that was promised, Azor Azai, Stallion who mounts the world, Dragon has three heads, etc: Are all these prophesies ever going to amount to anything?
    63) Gods, seasons, Magic: Are we ever going to get an explanation of how all this malarky works?
    64) Dragons: At some point, Westeros is bound to get a little roasty
    65) Knight of the laughing tree: Who dat?
    66) Promise me Ned: Promise me you will never have an inner monologue which makes any of mine and your past clear. In fact, promise me that you will mostly think of me when your doped up or half asleep.
    67) ASOIAF: 17 years and counting, we still dont know what the deal is with the title. Yup, the title. In 5 books, GRRM has not even given us this one.
    Last edited by The Smoke Monster; 05-02-2014 at 12:35 PM.

those lists make me more lost. i just need to sit down and marathon the books. i read storm of swords damn near 14 years ago. feast for crows 9 years ago.

i've forgotten more than i remember i think.

Yeah, the whole "Night's King" thing from the last episode of the TV show made me start a selected re-read of some scenes... which was a slippery slope ... next thing you know, I'm on reddit looking up insane fan theories... and I like it. Then again, I only started/finished reading the books in Spring 2012 so it's not so long ago for me.

I should probably read ADwD again. Luckily, I have some time because GRRM will NEVER FINISH THE $#@!ING BOOKS!!!

asshat El_Pollo_Loco11 grows his own roses El_Pollo_Loco11 grows his own roses El_Pollo_Loco11 grows his own roses El_Pollo_Loco11 grows his own roses El_Pollo_Loco11 grows his own roses El_Pollo_Loco11 grows his own roses El_Pollo_Loco11 grows his own roses El_Pollo_Loco11 grows his own roses El_Pollo_Loco11 grows his own roses El_Pollo_Loco11 grows his own roses El_Pollo_Loco11 grows his own roses El_Pollo_Loco11's Avatar
    westeros.org is a train wreck compared to what it was pre tv show but this is a solid foundation thread http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php...m-of-theories/ for well thought out theories

asshat EscapedGoat might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? EscapedGoat might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? EscapedGoat might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? EscapedGoat might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? EscapedGoat might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? EscapedGoat might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? EscapedGoat might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? EscapedGoat might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? EscapedGoat might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? EscapedGoat might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? EscapedGoat might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? EscapedGoat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Pollo_Loco11 View Post
    westeros.org is a train wreck compared to what it was pre tv show but this is a solid foundation thread http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php...m-of-theories/ for well thought out theories
    This is a good site, also towerofthehand is another decent one.

asshat thepop Shaggy Silver Club thepop Shaggy Silver Club thepop Shaggy Silver Club thepop Shaggy Silver Club thepop Shaggy Silver Club thepop Shaggy Silver Club thepop Shaggy Silver Club thepop Shaggy Silver Club thepop Shaggy Silver Club thepop Shaggy Silver Club thepop Shaggy Silver Club thepop's Avatar
    Krakens were sighted? I didn't know they are real. Krakens vs. Dragons plz.

asshat WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club
    Ser Shadrich, the Mad Mouse, has become of one Littlefinger's hired swords. It is suggested that he knows of Alayne Stone's true identity.
    I've read this theory but I don't see how he could know that Alayne is really Sansa. Sansa says something about barely recognizing herself with her hair dyed. She also worries that Yohn Royce saw her when he visited Winterfell but when he comes to see Littlefinger he doesn't give her another look.

asshat Itismedan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Itismedan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Itismedan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Itismedan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Itismedan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Itismedan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Itismedan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Itismedan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Itismedan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Itismedan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Itismedan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Itismedan's Avatar
    Don't think the Other that turned the baby is the Night's King, think as I stated previously he is the Great Other.

Got an interview next week in Portland, going to listen to GoT audiobook on YouTube on the drive there and back.

Side note: Anything I should do while I am there?
    Last edited by Itismedan; 05-03-2014 at 09:03 PM.

Also, as much as I love the TV show, it probably is not great for the books and has already influenced GRRM in his writing. He's claimed he likes the actress who plays Osha so much he's considering writing more for her character. Not saying it's a bad thing, but it may also changed how he writes other characters.

asshat NotActuallyALonghorn has a gigantic e-peen. NotActuallyALonghorn has a gigantic e-peen. NotActuallyALonghorn has a gigantic e-peen. NotActuallyALonghorn has a gigantic e-peen. NotActuallyALonghorn has a gigantic e-peen. NotActuallyALonghorn has a gigantic e-peen. NotActuallyALonghorn has a gigantic e-peen. NotActuallyALonghorn has a gigantic e-peen. NotActuallyALonghorn has a gigantic e-peen. NotActuallyALonghorn has a gigantic e-peen. NotActuallyALonghorn has a gigantic e-peen. NotActuallyALonghorn's Avatar
    I think the HBO site had Darth Ice labeled as the Night's King for a short time after the show aired. Then again, someone could just be trolling bookfags.

That Guy. BatesHorn Shaggy Gold Club BatesHorn Shaggy Gold Club BatesHorn Shaggy Gold Club BatesHorn Shaggy Gold Club BatesHorn Shaggy Gold Club BatesHorn Shaggy Gold Club BatesHorn Shaggy Gold Club BatesHorn Shaggy Gold Club BatesHorn Shaggy Gold Club BatesHorn Shaggy Gold Club BatesHorn Shaggy Gold Club BatesHorn's Avatar
    Also, as much as I love the TV show, it probably is not great for the books and has already influenced GRRM in his writing. He's claimed he likes the actress who plays Osha so much he's considering writing more for her character. Not saying it's a bad thing, but it may also changed how he writes other characters.
    Lol. Like that $#@!er actually writes.

Quote Originally Posted by NotActuallyALonghorn View Post
    I think the HBO site had Darth Ice labeled as the Night's King for a short time after the show aired. Then again, someone could just be trolling bookfags.
    Trying to find it but this link only describes it as another walker.

Anne Groell, George RR Martin’s editor, answering the question of “When will The Winds of Winter be released?”

For TWOW, when I have a date, you will have a date. I’m now on Twitter, Del Rey Spectra has a number of social media platforms, and I promise you we will put the word out as soon as we know. All I can say is that George is hard at work, and we hope to have it reasonably soon. I currently have 168 pages that he submitted back in Feb 2013 in order to receive a contracted payment, but I know more exists, because he keeps talking about chapter he hasn’t yet sent me. In fact, when we wanted to put an exclusive excerpt on the A WORLD OF ICE AND FIRE app—a magnificent thing which you all should buy and use!—he suggested the second Tyrion chapter, which I then had to remind him was not in the sample I had.

asshat fawnknutsen has a gigantic e-peen. fawnknutsen has a gigantic e-peen. fawnknutsen has a gigantic e-peen. fawnknutsen has a gigantic e-peen. fawnknutsen has a gigantic e-peen. fawnknutsen has a gigantic e-peen. fawnknutsen has a gigantic e-peen. fawnknutsen has a gigantic e-peen. fawnknutsen has a gigantic e-peen. fawnknutsen has a gigantic e-peen. fawnknutsen has a gigantic e-peen. fawnknutsen's Avatar
    Goddammit George.

asshat NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop's Avatar
    yeah sounds like he's got about 300-400 pages written - we're $#@!ed.

Chatted on OKC the other night with a girl who claims he used to come into the restaurant she used to work at in New Mexico. Said he works really hard and barely notices the people around him. That must be when he's actually writing and not attending every little gig he's invited to.

asshat fawnknutsen has a gigantic e-peen. fawnknutsen has a gigantic e-peen. fawnknutsen has a gigantic e-peen. fawnknutsen has a gigantic e-peen. fawnknutsen has a gigantic e-peen. fawnknutsen has a gigantic e-peen. fawnknutsen has a gigantic e-peen. fawnknutsen has a gigantic e-peen. fawnknutsen has a gigantic e-peen. fawnknutsen has a gigantic e-peen. fawnknutsen has a gigantic e-peen. fawnknutsen's Avatar
    Finish the $#@!ing books!

We'll find out in a couple of years when we watch it on HBO.

Chatted on OKC the other night with a girl who claims he used to come into the restaurant she used to work at in New Mexico. Said he works really hard and barely notices the people around him. That must be when he's actually writing and not attending every little gig he's invited to.
    He's probably hard at work writing fanfic.

asshat mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost Definitely Shaggy upper class mdmost's Avatar
    You two would $#@! a brick if he was secretly working on a Howland Reed novel.

asshat NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop Definitely Shaggy upper class NorthLoop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmost View Post
    Fawn would cream a brick if he was secretly working on a Howland Reed novel.
    go on

from what I can gather he wrote a $#@! ton for the world book that the westeros people aren't going to use that he's moving to some book he's planning after the series (lol)...as in same amount of words as in Feast...then the show runners have basically told him to $#@! off were not slowing down. So he has been working just not on winds till probably a few months ago when he started screaming about 3 seasons and a movie

The editor is excited about him secretly being finished with a second Tyrion chapter?! Wow... this book is years away.

Don't care. Come to terms with the show finishing the story. Shame that Martin hasn't figured that out.

asshat WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club
    Screw that. I'm not going to watch whatever $#@!ed up ending b&w come up with on their own. Their cersei sympathizing is bad enough when working with the existing material

What if I told you Martin has finished the books, but HBO has told him not to release then until the show is caught up

asshat wacohorn27 slams and goes hard. wacohorn27 slams and goes hard. wacohorn27 slams and goes hard. wacohorn27 slams and goes hard. wacohorn27 slams and goes hard. wacohorn27 slams and goes hard. wacohorn27 slams and goes hard. wacohorn27 slams and goes hard. wacohorn27 slams and goes hard. wacohorn27 slams and goes hard. wacohorn27 slams and goes hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Knight View Post
    What if I told you Martin has finished the books, but HBO has told him not to release then until the show is caught up
    In a strange way, this might just be the most comforting thought.

I don't think it's true, but it would be comforting. At least then we'd know the series would be done before GRRM dies.

wh

asshat Long Rod Von Hugendong Shaggy Bronze Club Long Rod Von Hugendong Shaggy Bronze Club Long Rod Von Hugendong Shaggy Bronze Club Long Rod Von Hugendong Shaggy Bronze Club Long Rod Von Hugendong Shaggy Bronze Club Long Rod Von Hugendong Shaggy Bronze Club Long Rod Von Hugendong Shaggy Bronze Club Long Rod Von Hugendong Shaggy Bronze Club Long Rod Von Hugendong Shaggy Bronze Club Long Rod Von Hugendong Shaggy Bronze Club Long Rod Von Hugendong Shaggy Bronze Club Long Rod Von Hugendong's Avatar
    What if I told you there were going to be eight books instead of seven?

http://www.vulture.com/2014/06/song-...witter_vulture

George R.R. Martin's longtime editor Anne Groell recently answered some fan questions about her editing process, Martin's writing timeline, and the future of the A Song of Ice and Fire series. The big takeaway? Groell thinks there might be more than seven books.

I begin to wonder — though 7 is what we currently have under contract. I remember when he called me, years and years back, to confess that his little trilogy was … well … no longer a trilogy. He predicted four books. I said Seven Books for Seven Kingdoms. Then he said five books. I said Seven Books for Seven Kingdoms. Then he went to six. I said … Well, you get it. Finally, we were on the same page. Seven Books for Seven Kingdoms. Good. Only, as I recently learned while editing THE WORLD OF ICE AND FIRE (another awesome thing you must buy when it comes out!), there are really technically eight kingdoms, all having to do with who has annexed what when Aegon the Conqueror landed in Westeros. So, maybe eight books for Seven Kingdoms would be okay. Also, he has promised me that, when he finally wraps this great beast us, I can publish the five page letter outlining the bare bones of the "trilogy."

Despite the ongoing battle of how many books will be in Martin's sprawling series, Goell says that otherwise she and Martin rarely butt heads. In fact they only had one minor beef when working on A Dance With Dragons. "I did try to get him to take a few 'words are wind' out of ADWD, but he got stubborn again," Groell says. "Characters said it 14 times in [the book]. I tried to get him to cut it down to 6-7. No dice."

As for when the sixth book, The Winds of Winter, will come out, Groell still doesn't know — but she says that Martin at least appears to be plugging away. "I currently have 168 pages that he submitted back in Feb 2013 in order to receive a contracted payment, but I know more exists, because he keeps talking about chapter he hasn't yet sent me." Oh, that George R.R. Martin. Always with the high jinx.

asshat Eastwood22 Probably Shaggy upper class Eastwood22 Probably Shaggy upper class Eastwood22 Probably Shaggy upper class Eastwood22 Probably Shaggy upper class Eastwood22 Probably Shaggy upper class Eastwood22 Probably Shaggy upper class Eastwood22 Probably Shaggy upper class Eastwood22 Probably Shaggy upper class Eastwood22 Probably Shaggy upper class Eastwood22 Probably Shaggy upper class Eastwood22 Probably Shaggy upper class Eastwood22's Avatar
    In Tom Herman's box not looking like Tom Herman
    My takeaway from all of that is that he is only writing enough to get his contracted payments.

I'm really sort of surprised that GRRM writes on a laptop computer. I had him pegged as a desktop guy given his choice in word processors.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil' Fry McFly View Post
    I'm really sort of surprised that GRRM writes on a laptop computer. I had him pegged as a desktop guy given his choice in word processors.
    In an interview he told Conan that it's basically a dos computer. No distractions, except for conventions and for interviews.

asshat LCHorn Shaggy Bronze Club LCHorn Shaggy Bronze Club LCHorn Shaggy Bronze Club LCHorn Shaggy Bronze Club LCHorn Shaggy Bronze Club LCHorn Shaggy Bronze Club LCHorn Shaggy Bronze Club LCHorn Shaggy Bronze Club LCHorn Shaggy Bronze Club LCHorn Shaggy Bronze Club LCHorn Shaggy Bronze Club
    I don't think the editor knows anything. Of course, I think neither does Martin.

I can publish the five page letter outlining the bare bones of the "trilogy."
    i really want to read that. see how much he deviated, if at all.

asshat MillerEP Shaggy Gold Club MillerEP Shaggy Gold Club MillerEP Shaggy Gold Club MillerEP Shaggy Gold Club MillerEP Shaggy Gold Club MillerEP Shaggy Gold Club MillerEP Shaggy Gold Club MillerEP Shaggy Gold Club MillerEP Shaggy Gold Club MillerEP Shaggy Gold Club MillerEP Shaggy Gold Club MillerEP's Avatar
    Might get a release date next month:
    http://www.idigitaltimes.com/article...rtin-event.htm

Could the "Winds of Winter" release date finally get an announcement? HarperVoyager UK is having an exclusive event with George R.R. Martin and Robin Hobb. The event is taking place in London on Aug. 19 and tickets will cost 45 pounds each and include Robin Hobb's newest book in hardcover, "Fool's Assassin". The event is being advertised as a conversation between the two renowned fantasy authors but there is reason to think that we might get some "Winds of Winter" release date hints, even if the official release date isn't announced at the actual event itself since that announcement isn't likely to occur at a ticketed event.

You know nothing, MillerEP.

asshat Llano Estacado Shaggy Platinum Llano Estacado Shaggy Platinum Llano Estacado Shaggy Platinum Llano Estacado Shaggy Platinum Llano Estacado Shaggy Platinum Llano Estacado Shaggy Platinum Llano Estacado Shaggy Platinum Llano Estacado Shaggy Platinum Llano Estacado Shaggy Platinum Llano Estacado Shaggy Platinum Llano Estacado Shaggy Platinum Llano Estacado's Avatar
    On a has-been planet orbited by a cold, indifferent sun
    Will announce a new WildCard series with Jaime and Jon in an epic adventure with [Robin Hobb's character name here] or possibly he is putting together another anthology and will include some hedge knight pre-prequel.

Gotta expand the brand, yo.

asshat kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun's Avatar
    He can't even finish the Hedge Knight series anymore. He's gotten distracted from his distraction.

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast